Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The strong shall stand, as the weak shall fall. ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: The strong shall stand, as the weak shall fall.
 
Fiona drew her card.
“Okay, I'll flip summon my Amazoness Paladin (1700/300) and because of The A. Forces…well, you know. (1900) Attack the brat.” Fiona said. The Amazoness Paladin ran in and struck Hitomi. <3700> Hitomi took to a knee, as her previous duel with Eggman hadn't completely healed yet.
“You're holding me back.” Shadow stated, folding his arms.
“I'll end my turn.” Fiona said. Hitomi fell to the other knee and her hands, shaking.
“This is a disgrace…why don't you just forfeit and I'll take these bums alone.” Shadow said, angrily toward Hitomi.
“Then, lets take you up on that, Shadow.” Scourge said, grinning.
“Hm?” Shadow turned to Scourge.
“Let's alter the rules a little.” Hitomi staggered to her feet as Scourge spoke. “This is the deal.” He took out a large metallic ring from his jacket; it had wires sticking around it. He opened a clip on it, pulling it slightly apart. He threw it at Hitomi, who hadn't recovered enough for her reflexes to avoid it. The next thing everyone knew was this contraption was around her neck. There was a small number plate on it, which appeared as a four-digit number. That number was 8000.
“What is this?” Shadow said.
“Those are your life points, Shadow. If you run out of life points, the bomb will explode. Don't worry, it's not a powerful bomb, it implodes instead of explodes, so it will simply cut that poor brats head off. Hitomi only slightly looked worried.
“What makes you think I care?” Shadow asked.
“Another rule…With this button, I will change the life points to the next player along, so It will determine who's life points will kill her. It's a lot of fun.” Scourge grinned.
“Again, what makes you think I care?” Shadow asked. Hitomi drew her card.
“I'll use Pot of Avarice, taking from my graveyard 2 Hero Kids, Suijin, Kazejin and Elemental Hero Wildheart and shuffle them into my deck, and draw two cards.”
She only took out two Hero kids? Of all three? Why? Fiona wondered.
“This is a gamble, but worth it if I get what I want.” Hitomi then placed her newly shuffled deck back and drew two cards. “Good. I'll use call of the haunted to bring back my third Hero Kid, along with his special summon ability, his friends return from my deck too.” With that, all three Hero Kids returned. “That's not all, I'll tribute two of them and summon Kazejin.” The gust of wind blew the two kids into the air and Kazejin floated down next to the last kid. “I'll now attack that Amazoness Paladin.”
“Uh huh.” <7300>
“That ends my turn.” Hitomi passed on.
 
Scourge drew.
“I'll summon Slate Warrior.” (1900/400) “And activate my button twice changing the points on Hitomi's Neck bomb to…her.” As he pushed the button, the numbers on the bomb changed to match Hitomi. {3700} “Now, Invader of Darkness attack her weakened Hero Kid.” The poor defenceless Hero Kid blocked for his dear life about to be sliced and diced by the Invader. When the Invader attacked, nothing happened. “What?” Scourge yelled. “What happened?”
“This is called Waboku.” Shadow said, lifting his trap.
“You…so you do care if she dies.” Scourge glared at Shadow.
“No, I just owe her one for distracting you. The trap works on us both and protects us from you this move. I still couldn't care less about her.” Shadow explained.
“Meh, I'll end my turn.” Scourge said. “But, I still have this duel in the bag.” Shadow drew his card.
“I don't think so.” He said. “I've just draw your doom.” He smirked. “I'll first use my Monster Reincarnation and bring Red Eyes Black Dragon from my graveyard to my hand. Then I'll use Brain Control too take control of your Invader of darkness, sure it costs me 800 life points, but points I am willing to pay.” <7200> “Now, I'll tribute my Mirage Dragon and your Invader of Darkness to summon my Red-Eyes Black Dragon.” The Dragon exploded from the darkness, which took the Mirage and Invader into it. (2400/2000)
“Big deal, so you got rid of my invader and have enough fire power to stay in the game, you're come back will not last.” Scourge said.
“I beg to differ. If my fire power does not take you out now, you better believe that you will not be standing when Hitomi is done with her turn.” Shadow said. “Also, one more thing…” Shadow pulled out a chaos emerald, his favourite green one. “Chaos…control!” Shadow threw the emerald into the air and caught it again. The room flashed, everyone covered their eyes and it was all normal again. Shadow continued his turn. “I'll tribute my Red-Eyes Black Dragon with the effect of my Darkness Dragon in my hand and bring him to the field! Come forth Red Eyes Darkness Dragon!!!” With that, it seemed like dark clouds appeared around everyone, the Black Dragon flew into them and came back down slowly, covered with a dark mist, it's dragon scales a deeper black than before. “With all the dragons in the graveyard, this beauty gets 300 attack, remember? That means with m Seven Dragons in the graveyard, that's a whooping 4500 attack you get to feel, Slate Warrior! Darkness! Attack the Slate Warrior!!” Darkness Dragon charged up and obliterated the Slate Warrior. Scourge was involved in the explosion, which blew him away. <100> “and that ends my move.” Shadow grinned.
 
Fiona drew her card. Scourge looked over to her.
“You have to help me.” He said.
“If I could I would, but still…all I have is…nothing to help you.” Fiona said. “I'll set this and end my turn.” Scourge became angry.
“Fine, I'll switch the bomb points to my life-…” Scourge then halted his words. “Hey, where'd the switch to the bomb go?” He questioned, looking for it.
“I got it right here.” Shadow said, holding the switch up.
“How did you get a hold of that?!” Scourge roared at Shadow.
“Heh, wouldn't you like to know…now, Fiona, finish your turn or forfeit the match!”
“I'll set this card and end my move.” Fiona said. Hitomi drew her card.
“I'll summon Nimble Momonga (1000/100) and attack Scourge with Hero Kid.” The Hero Kid charged Scourge and kicked him, taking him out of the duel.
“You mock me?! By defeating me with this…this runt?!” Scourge questioned angrily.
“Actually, I have other things to do, like activating this Axe of Despair and giving it to…”
“Kazejin, right?” Fiona said sarcastically.
“Actually, I think my Nimble Momonga needs it more, and I'll then use it to attack your face down.” With it's newly added power, Nimble attacked and destroyed Amazoness Fighter. Fiona was left defenceless.
“Damn it!” Fiona grunted.
“Now I'll attack you directly with Kazejin.” Kazejin then gusted wind at Fiona, knocking her on her backside. <4700> “With that I end my turn.”
 
Sonic smiled.
“See, Hermana, Shadow pulled through in the end, he saved Hitomi with that trap, so she could do this. He even let her take out Scourge.”
“Mmm………” Hermana still wasn't sure.
“Did I recall Scourge saying there's a bomb on Hitomi's neck?” Amy ask.
“He mentioned that somewhere.” Silver answered.
“Heh, Well, Tails can disarm that easily enough.” Rouge said.
 
Shadow drew his card.
“Let's put an end to this, I'll summon Mirage Dragon and attack you with both.” The Mirage Dragon appeared and attacked Fiona. (1600/600) <3100> and as soon as it was done and Fiona stood, she was shot back down by the Darkness Dragon. <0> the duel was over. Shadow walked over to the other side of the duel field and looked down on the defeated two.
“The deal was you cough up enough rings for us to be in the finals, right?” Shadow then lifted Scourge up and took a bundle of his rings from his jacket. He dropped Scourge and took enough for himself and then took some of Fiona's giving them to Hitomi. Scourge then took out a remote and pushed the button.
“Heh, I always have a backup plan!” He said. Hitomi's neck bomb began to tick away. She took notice to it and was startled a little.
“What did you do?” Shadow questioned angrily, lifting Scourge up.
“Nothing, I just triggered that bombs other effect. Once I pushed that button that bomb resets to two minutes, after those two minutes, she goes boom, along with most of the rest of this building.” Scourge then began to laugh manically. Shadow kneed him in the gut and threw him down, quickly turning his attention to Hitomi…who was already being treated by Tails, who was sorting the bomb.
“Tails, since when were you here?” Hitomi asked.
“Well, once the guys said I should fix this bomb of yours, I made my way over here. There! All sorted. Now, Shadow? Could you take this bomb elsewhere?” Tails asked, handing Shadow the explosive. Shadow simply shrugged and warped with Chaos Control. Tails turned to Hitomi, who was shaking.
“Don't worry about it, it's fine now.” Tails said, placing her hand on Hitomi's shoulder. Hitomi sighed and walked off.
 
Sonic walked over with the gang as Shadow reappeared.
“That was a pretty intense duel there, Shad.” Sonic said.
“Don't call me Shad, Sonic.” Shadow retorted.
“Hey, where'd Hitomi go?” Knuckles asked.
“She wondered off.” Tails replied, Hermana sighed.
“Don't worry, Hermana. I'm sure Hitomi is fine.” Sonic reassured her.
“I hope so…” Hermana said back.
“Now, how about we scatter out of here? It's getting late.”
“How about we find that door and insert the rings, those of us who have 10 of course.” Shadow said.
“Yeah, sure.” So the group walked off in search of the door, which was easily located because Tails had found it.
 
Hitomi was there, with someone dressed in a black shroud. That person looked over to the group, his features all completely covered. As he did that he walked away. Hitomi lowered her head, then retrieved her finals card from the machine in the wall. Everyone walked over.
“What did…he want, Hitomi?” Hermana asked.
“The usual.” Hitomi replied.
“And that being what?” Shadow asked coldly.
“Nothing you need concern yourself about. He said he would enter this tournament, but had other concerns to attend.”
“You mean he's scared.” Knuckles clumped his fists together.
“To be honest, Knuckles, he wouldn't waste his time with the likes of amateurs, so he said.” Hitomi walked off. Shadow inserted his rings into the machine and inserted his name and title of choice. The machine flashed at him, taking a picture. Though it asked him if he wanted to try again with the picture, he was satisfied with the one he had, so he accepted it. The final's card was printed. Vector and his crew walked over.
“So, looks like I'll have competition.” He said. He walked up to the machine and inserted ten rings, the same thing happened and he too received a card.
“Nice, Vector.” Sonic said with a thumb up. “So, none else?”
“Fraid not, Espio got knocked out by a girl wielding fire monsters.” Vector said. “And Charmy got beat by that zombie fella'.”
“I see.” Sonic replied.
“So, zis is zee location of zee finals machine I've `eard so much about.” Said a familiar voice. Everyone turned and it was indeed the strange ferret from before, the one known as Vincent. “Ah must congratulate you all on finding this outrageous peace of crap zat has `ad me running about in circles for zee duration of zee day. Now, eef you'll excuse me for a moment.” Vincent pushed past and inserted all his rings, claiming his finals card. After getting it, the girl who beat Knuckles before ran over and jumped on his back.
“Vincey!” She called, happily.
“Kirika…eef you do not get off of mah back, I swear to god I will…” Vincent was interrupted.
“Do what? Hurt me? Pfft, save your anger for when I kick your ass in the tournament.”
“Whatever.” Then Vincent grabbed Kirika from the cuff of her neck, pulled her roughly off him and tossed her aside. Her hip cracked with a thud to the floor.
“Ouch!” Kirika moaned. “You evil bastard…” Vincent just left and Kirika stood up. Meanwhile, Sonic got himself a finals card. Then Amy, then Kirika, and then Hermana.
“Righty, all done.” Sonic said. “Let's go.” And everyone walked off. Amy looked at Cream, who looked a little bummed out.
“Cream? Here, I got you a little something.” Amy then passed Cream some spare rings, 4 to be exact.
“Amy, I… But, why?” Cream questioned.
“Because I'm in the finals, I don't need them, and you're my best friend.” Amy replied with a smile.
“Thank you Amy, um, I'll be right back, I need the bathroom.” And Cream ran off.
“Um…sure…”
 
“Man, I can't wait for the finals.” Knuckles said. “Watching you guys will be sweet.”
“What's taking Cream so long?” Silver asked.
“She'll be here.” Rouge replied.
“Hmm…we should go soon, or we will be thrown out.” Blaze said. Cream then came around the corner, She put some stuff in her little backpack and ran over.
“Sorry I took so long.” She said.
“It's fine, now lets go home guys.” Sonic said. The group then left the building; the sky was red with the sunset.
As they got to the end of the entrance, Tails looked across the street seeing Hitomi curled up on the bench.
“Hey, guys…” She then pointed to Hitomi.
“I'll go see what her problem is…” Shadow said about to walk over.
“No, I'll go with Cream and Tails, I'm sure she needs girls to talk to.” Amy said. Shadow shrugged, took out his emerald and looked at the group.
“Catch you in the finals, remember, now we are enemies.” With that, he warped away. Sonic shrugged.
“That's ol' sourpuss…” He said. “Catch you later girls.” Sonic then sped off, Knuckles took off for the station to go back to the master emerald with Tikal. Hermana, Cream, Amy and Tails wondered over to Hitomi. Blaze and Silver went off to find the nearest place to kip.
 
Amy and the girls arrived to Hitomi, who was crying.
“Hitomi? Are you okay?” Amy said. Hitomi was so startled she clearly jumped, and scampered over the bench.
“Wh-who are you? What do you want? I didn't do anything…” She said fearfully toward them, curled up in a ball, he face terrified of them.
“What? Hitomi, it's us.” Amy said. “We're your friends, remember?”
“………”
“Hitomi…”
“I don't…what? Who?” Hitomi was acting weird. Then she seemed to regain her composure… “Sorry…was in a world of my own, you startled me…” She relaxed and sat on the bench properly.
“Are you okay?” Tails asked.
“I'm fine.” Hitomi stood and walked off.
“Hitomi!” Hermana called, but Hitomi didn't listen. The girls walked after her. Amy grabbed her shoulder.
“What's wrong?” She asked.
“I said it's nothing. It doesn't concern you.” Hitomi said again.
“Fine…”
“I'm going home.” Tails said. “You're welcome to come sleep over.”
“Sure.” Everyone except Hitomi replied.
“Hitomi?” Hitomi simply shrugged and looked at them.
“I need a place to kip anyway, so does Hermana.” She replied. “Thanks…” And the girls walked toward the station.