Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ New Enemies? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: New Enemies?
 
It was the start of a new day, not everyone had woken just yet. Tails was downstairs in her pyjama's mixing up a cup of hot chocolate, whilst Amy was sat on the sofa with the television on. She was watching the news about the tournament.
“Yawn…” She said. “Some of these duels they had recorded are so dull…” She said. Tails didn't say anything, mainly because she didn't hear that much of what Amy said.
 
Shadow was standing on a Cliffside, minding his own business.
That Scourge…he's just like the opposite of Sonic. But what is he doing here and why is he working for the Doctor. Speaking of the Doctor, what is he up to now? And why did he have a chaos emerald? What is he planning…
“So you are the famous Shadow the Hedgehog, wielder of Dragons.” Said a voice from behind Shadow. Shadow turned around.
“I like to be known as Chaos Dragon. But what's it to you anyway? Who are you?” Shadow questioned, turning to face the owner of the voice. It was someone in a black robe, one with odd patterns on it.
“I am known as the Master of Dragons, but you'll find that out later.” The person replied.
“And your name is?” Shadow questioned sarcastically.
“Hilde.”
“And your purpose?”
“You have a lot of questions for someone who's never interested in anyone but themselves.” Hilde spat.
“Get out of my sight, you're pathetic.” Shadow turned away from her, then walking off.
 
It was about time that the group was to be meeting up at Tails workshop. Most of them had arrived, though there were a few stragglers. Amy was still watching the matches of yesterdays rounds of tournaments, and she didn't like what she saw.
“Um…guys…” She said, worriedly.
“What is it, Amy?” Sonic asked.
“It's…the tournament. The World Champion is here, she's here!” Amy panicked.
“What do you mean she's hear?”
“The last recording showed her duelling some poor girl, and she beat her in 5 moves, calling all three of the Blue Eyes White Dragons. She obliterated her.” Amy explained.
“She's…in our tournament? Why?” Silver questioned.
“I don't know, but there is no doubt she'll be in the finals.”
“Speaking of the finals, they mentioned anything about that?” Rouge asked.
“That should be coming up shortly.” Amy said, relaxing a little.
“Good.” Rouge replied.
 
“Wasn't that just an interesting match.” A voice on the T.V Spoke.
“Well, to me it seemed a little one sided.” Said another.
“Now, onto news of the finals, all slots are filled up, so I guess that the finals will be on sometime this afternoon.”
“Six o'clock to be exact.”
“The names of our finalists are as such.”
“We have Lord of Searing Flames, The Goddess, The Grave Keeper, Chaos Dragon Master, Angelic, Alien Queen, Kommissar, Queen of Fiends, The Dark Paladin, Captain Marine, Lord of Phantasm, Eggman, The Gate Guardian, The Reptile Detective, Lord of Striking Thunder, Blue Beast Sonic, Overlord and Cyberfox Tails.”
“Darn, so no more spaces for the rest of us.” Silver grunted.
“You're duelling was pathetic anyway.” Said a just arriving Shadow.
“Who do you think is in it?” Rouge asked.
“Overlord I would assume is the World Champion.” Amy said.
“The goddess? No idea.” Blaze said. Amy switched off the television.
“So, what will we do?” Amy asked.
“Sonic, Shadow, Hitomi, Hermana, Amy and Tails…that's all we have in the finals?” Rouge questioned.
“So it seems.” Sonic replied.
“Looks like we got a lot of work to do.”
“Can't be that hard.”
“Giving some of the names, I'd say that the Emperor God Cards are in the finals.” Hermana said.
“Huh? Emperor gods?!” Silver questioned.
“People have named themselves Lord of Striking Thunder, that's Hamon, Lord of Phantasms, that's Raviel and Lord of Searing Flames, that's Uria.” Hermana said.
“Sounds interesting.” Shadow muttered. “Bah, I fear no god.”
 
Meanwhile on a large flowerbed on the tip of a hill somewhere in the mystic ruins, Cream was collecting flowers.
“So…” said a voice from behind her. “How's that deck working out for you?” Cream turned to see Hitomi.
“I like it, it's helping me a lot.” She said.
“Good, how's your tournament progress?”
“Doesn't matter, the finals are full up.” Cream replied, returning to her flowers.
“I see.” Hitomi walked over and sat in the flowers next to Cream.
“You're in the finals?” Cream asked.
“Yes, but I won't last.” Hitomi replied.
“Why's that?” Cream asked.
“What with all three emperor gods and the Blue Eyes Demon Squirrel, go figure.”
“Oh…”
“Shadow and Sonic aren't going to win this battle, I'm afraid. The winner was decided when Penelope entered the tournament.” Hitomi fell backward into the grass and put her hands behind her head, one leg over the other and she relaxed.
“The finals will be intense then, I guess.” Cream said.
“Probably.”
“SISTER!!!” Roared a voice, Hitomi looked up, along the grass to see a goldenish fox, with purple dyed hair, which was held in three tails, two pig and one pony.
“Riu?” Hitomi stood up. “What are you doing here?”
“Shut up, traitor!” Riu pointed at Hitomi.
“…”
“Give me back the card you took from the gate, and hand over the Trinity you stole from me!” Hitomi yawned.
“Well, if you're here about that whole trinity thing, then Zuki must be here somewhere too.” At that moment a blade came to Hitomi's neck, and someone subdued her arms and legs from behind. Cream jumped up and backed off, she was scared.
“Pay attention, Traitor. Give us the cards you stole from us.”
“The Trinity is better off with me, and what better way to protect what was behind that gate than to take it myself?!”
“That was an ANCIENT Fairy with powers beyond comprehension!” Riu yelled.
“It's in safe hands, I still have it after all.”
“What's this? An ancient fairy? Brother Hiei, did you hear that?” Everyone turned their heads to see two shrouded figures. A small one and slightly taller one. The taller one walked forward with the smaller one in toe.
“Hiei…” Riu muttered under her breath.
“Aqua, please do the honours.” The taller one said. A sudden gush of water exploded from the ground, knocking Zuki away from Hitomi and knocking Hitomi forward, the water then fell to the ground and another shrouded figure stood where it came.
“Great, so all you guys are here.” Zuki said.
“Aren't these family reunions just grand?” the tall figure said.
“Hiei, take off the stupid hood, your little friend already gave you away.” Riu said. Hitomi stood and dusted herself off.
“Hitomi, do yourself a favour and hand over the Light Ruler.”
“No can do.” Hitomi said.
“Mother entrusted us to guard that card, you can't have it, even if you're the oldest and our brother, Hiei!” Riu spat. Hiei clicked his fingers and the water figure, known as Aqua, dashed forward and knocked Riu down.
“Hitomi, I won't repeat myself.” Hiei warned.
“Good for you.” Hitomi said. Hiei vanished and appeared behind Hitomi, who's reaction was surprised.
“How…how did you get so fast?!” She asked. Hiei then violently kicked her forward and before she flew very far he was already in front of her, and kicked her into the air. She flew for about 2 and half seconds before he was above her and he knocked her back into the floor, but before she landed, he was below her and lifted his hand and crash. He was holding her in the air…well; she was on his hand and in a lot of pain. Hiei threw her to the ground. Riu suddenly looked worried.
Hiei is so strong…what do I do, I can't match that. Aqua then kicked her toward Hiei hard; Hiei reacted by spin kicking her head, making her spin in the air and violently crashing to the ground. Zuki then warped and was blocked by the smaller figure, who used a light energy to send her back to the others. Cream was absolutely terrified that she was frozen.
What do I do…what do I do…Oh Sonic…where are you?
Hiei turned to look at her, then warped behind her, picking her up by her collar. Cream screamed and started wailing. Hitomi leaped up, despite her pain.
“Hiei, leave her alone! She's nothing to do with this.” She yelled at him.
“Uh huh.” Hiei then threw Cream into the air backwards, and Cream went flying. “Exactly…she's nothing to do with this, so she needn't be a bystander.”
 
Cream soared through the air and was beginning to descend to the ground. Luckily for her someone was there, who looked up at her and screamed, holding her arms out, Cream collided with her.
“Ahhh!” They both yelled.
“That was absolutely ripper! What'cha been up to, firin' yerself off of a catapult or something?” The girl asked. Cream stood up.
“I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I was thrown.” She apologised.
“No biggie, but that was one bloody good throw, I'll give credit to the guy who threw ya.”
“My name is Cream.”
“I am Captain Marine.” The girl replied cheerfully. “Now, le's go get the guys who threw ya, yeah?!”
“Um…no, that's not a good idea, I need to go get Sonic!”
“Sonic? You mean the blue hedgehog?”
“Yes.”
“Oh, brill! Le's go, I gotta catch up with that fella.” And the two ran off.
 
Meanwhile, Hiei had just given Hitomi another knock around…as well as the other sisters. Aqua and the other shrouded kid were watching. Hiei walked over to Hitomi and lifted her by her neck. He threw her across the floor and warped above her, crashing both feet down on her, then back flipped off. Hitomi stood up, shaken and wounded.
“This can go on all day, or at least until you die or hand over that fairy.” Hiei said in a threatening manner. Riu ran over to Hiei and lifted a sword from her back to attack, Hiei kicked Riu in the lower belly and then leap kicked her head, knocking her back down and her weapon out of reach. Hitomi did a leap backflip kick in hopes of knocking Hiei's chin, Hiei however moved slightly backward, then kicked Hitomi's back when she was upside down. Zuki ran over and was attacked by Aqua from behind, who had leaped on her back with her feet. Aqua kicked Zuki to the ground and performed a backflip.
“Chaos…Control!!!” The whole world seemed to slow down for a moment, and Hitomi was in Shadows Arms, away from Hiei, who looked up to see who had interfered.
“Ahhh, The Chaos Dragon Master.” Hiei said, looking up to Shadow. Shadow dropped Hitomi to the floor and turned to face Hiei.
“And who are you?” He asked harshly.
“Hiei the Dragon Soldier.”
“Heh, you sound as stupid as your outfit.”
“Bold words for someone so insignificant.” Hiei countered. “I mean, you tell me I'm stupid, when you hang out with pathetic morons such as Knuckles the echidna and Silver the hedgehog?”
“I don't hang around with them, they hang around with Sonic and Tails, I just happen to be around.”
“Nice lie.” Said the small girl in the robe next to Aqua.
“What do you want anyway?” Shadow asked.
“Hitomi stole a treasured monster, one whom she was assigned to guard. That monster will be reclaimed by my hand and I shall give it to the one most deserving.”
“Sounds to me like you really think anyone you might give it to can actually control this “monster”.” Said a voice from a nearby tree. Everyone turned to face her. Hanging upside down from the tree was good old Kirika.
“And you are?” Hiei asked.
“No one you need to concern yourself about.” Kirika said.
“Seems everyone is showing up to see what's going on.” Shadow muttered.
“Aqua, Petal, we're leaving, it won't be long before the rest of the idiots show up and now is not the time to deal with them.” Hiei then turned to leave.
“Fleeing because of fear I see.” Shadow mocked from his little area. Suddenly Hiei was behind him. Shadow turned and just managed to dodge a punch, the two continue to brawl for a short while, not one being able to hit the other. Eventually they stopped.
“Not bad, Hedgehog, not bad. But you lack strategy.”
“Says you!”
“Says your cards.” Hiei pulled out the Red eyes black dragon card.
“What?!”
“This is your trump card? Don't make me laugh.” Hiei then threw the card at Shadow, who caught it then looked back. Hiei was gone, so were Aqua, Petal, Zuki, Riu and Kirika.
“What?” Shadow questioned. Hitomi stood up, only to receive a glare from Shadow.
“Now you're going to tell me what's going on!” He yelled at her. At this moment, the rest of the team arrived.
“Hey, what's going on?!” Sonic asked.
“Hitomi here was about to explain what's going on.” Shadow said, taking Hitomi by the neck. Hitomi reacted by grabbing his arm.
“Get off! I'm not telling you nothing that you don't need to know.” She squirmed.
“Then tell us what we do need to know, who were those creeps and what did they want.
“They are the Shadow Clan, and as far as you're concerned, what they want is none of your business Hitomi said, getting free of his grip. I don't have to tell you anything.
“Then you're not welcome with us. Shadow walked off. Sonic watched him go, then looked at Hitomi.
“Ignore him, you can tell us in your own good time, meanwhile, lets get you back to the Hitomi then fell to her side, and Sonic caught her. Hey, are you okay?” He asked. Hitomi murmered a little, then collapsed.
Let's get her back to my place.” Tails said. Upon lifting Hitomi onto Sonic's back, the team ran back to the workshop.