Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Power of The Ultimate Dragon Will Prevail! ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 20: The Power of The Ultimate Dragon Will Prevail!
 
The announcer called out the next duel.
"Will Overlord Penelope and Gate Guardian please, come to the arena for the final match!"
The crowd was buzzing with anticipation. This was what they had all come to see, the finals, of this rather unusual tournament. All the byes and weird events had finally led to this.
Penelope walked from the red side of the arena, cocky as usual, amidst cheers from her fans.
Hitomi walked from the blue side, the only cheers she got were from the Freedom Fighters. Oddly enough, the 2 loudest were Knuckles and Silver.
Probably worried I'm going to kick their asses, thought Hitomi with some amusement. But she waved at the pair, and said a silent thank you to the rest of the group.
"Well well." Penelope said loudly as the crowd calmed down. "I was expecting to face that annoying Fox. I always wanted to take down her Cyber Dragon. Instead, I get to face...you."
"By the end of this, you'll be wishing you had faced her" growled Hitomi. “Man, I hate this bitch...” she said to herself.
"Whatever" Penelope yawned. "Let's just get on with it."
 
The announcer began the match, with the needle pointing to Penelope.
 
"Excellent. I get to go first." She drew her six cards. "Oh, and this might hurt you a little Hitomi. In fact, this is probably the best hand I've ever had!" Penelope boasted.
"Just get on with it you pompous arrogant stuck-up bitch" snapped Hitomi.
Penelope flushed red with anger. "H-HOW DARE YOU!! Oh, I'm going to enjoy wiping the floor with you!"
"First, I'll summon my faithful Lord of D (1200/1100), and equip him with 2 Flutes of Summoning Dragon, which lets me bring out these wonderful creatures. Djibril, Azrael, and Ibris. Otherwise known as..."
"THE BLUE-EYES WHITE DRAGONS!!" Penelope cried out as her 3 glorious creatures appeared on the field with an almighty roar. (3000/2500)

"Erm....all 3 on the first move?" Cream said.
"As much as I hate to say, I think Hitomi's toast already." said Sonic.
"You think so?" replied Cream
"I don't." said Tails.
"Agreed." added Knuckles. The team turned to look at him in wonder.
"I'm with Knuckles on this one." interrupted Silver. "As much as I don't like her, she's a good duellist. Those things are powerful, but they ain't unbeatable. Hitomi got this far, she'll be able to beat em."
 
Just as Silver was saying this, Penelope was laughing. "Scared already Hitomi? Well, that's me done. Make your move, and make it quick so I can wipe you out quickly."
 
"Whatever." replied Hitomi as she drew her card. "I'll set 3 face-downs and end my turn. See what you can do with that, bitch." she taunted.
 
"OHHHH You're pissing me off!! Fine, I draw!" yelled Penelope. "Now you're in for it! I use the spell card Polymerization to fuse my 3 Blue-Eyes into the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon!"
With a blast that shook the entire arena, and shattered the newly replaced windows from the last time this beast was summoned, one of the mightiest dragons in all of duel monsters appeared on the field. (4500/3800)
 
"Remember what I said?" asked Silver.
"Uh-huh" replied Tails, looking at him expectantly.
"Scratch it. She's doomed." He said.
 
"And now my mighty beast!! ATTACK!!!" The great dragon roared as its 3 heads blasted Hitomi, sending her flying back, almost out of the arena completely <3500> The crowd cheered, as Hitomi struggled to return to her place.
'Not good' she thought.
 
"I knew she couldn't hack it." said Petal from the stands. "Brother Hiei, why are we even bothering to watch this?"
"Because Petal," Hiei replied calmly "I have a feeling Hitomi may yet pull it back."
"Pffff" replied Petal.
 
"In one attack you're down to less than half your lifepoints. My my, you're even weaker than that idiot Kirika. At least she managed to do some damage." Penelope continued.
"True, but I'll succeed where she failed." replied Hitomi "I'll knock the arrogant champion from her throne."
"You wish. But, I'm curious to see what you have planned. So, I'll end my turn."
 
Hitomi drew, and started to laugh.
"What's so funny?" demanded Penelope.
"You think that dragon of yours is so powerful. Wait till you see what I do to it."
"Bullshit!" spluttered the champion. "As long as my Lord of D is on the field, my dragon is protected from all spells, monster effects, and traps. There's nothing you can do!"
"Oh, but there is. Your Lord's effect is only in play as long as he is face-up. And by playing my spell card, Book of Moon, he goes face-down, and his effect goes bye-bye."
"Grrrr" Penelope said as her Lord of D disappeared. "So what now? Destroy my dragon, I'll just bring him back!!"
"I don't think so. You'll see why. I pay 800 lifepoints to activate the spell card Brain Control! <2700> to take control of your dragon." Penelope laughed as the dragon was dragged in front of Hitomi.
"You think a pathetic duellist like you can control his awesome might?"
"Who said I was going to use him. I'll use my Tribute Doll, and get rid of him to summon my Kazejin (2400/2000) to the field."
The mighty dragon disappeared and was replaced by the deity of wind, the weaker of the trinity. "Now, I will activate my third face-down card. Ultimate Offering. This lets me summon as many monsters as I want to. So, I'll summon my Kaiser Sea Horse (1700/1650) and pay 500 lifepoints <2200> to tribute him for my Sanga of the Thunder (2600/2200) <1700>. Then I'll attack your Lord of D with Sanga!"
The Diety of Lightning blasted Penelope's face-down easily, leaving her completely undefended.
"Luckily for you, my Kazejin can't attack because I summoned him with Tribute Doll, so you're safe this time. Pull back from that one."
 
"No.....bloody....way...." Sonic said in disbelief.
"She...did you...wow." Spluttered Cream. Silver, Knuckles and Tails couldn't speak, their jaws were hitting the floor.
As was a certain young ladies.
"See Petal? Now do you believe me about Hitomi?" said Hiei.
"I cannot believe I just witnessed that!!" she replied.
 
I can't believe she just did that! echoed Penelope. What the hell can I do now?! she drew.
"I'll set one face-down and end my turn" she said confidently, her eyes daring Hitomi to attack.
 
Yeah, right, I don't know what it is, but it's probably something nasty. I almost lost against Tails because I rushed in, I won't make the same mistake twice. Hitomi said silently as she drew.
"I'll set one monster and end my turn." she finished.
 
Penelope drew. I have her worried. Now, I can start building back up. I just need a couple of cards and I can take her down.
"I set another face-down and end my turn." the champion said.
 
"You're bluffing!" Hitomi challenged as she drew her card.
"Try me!" called back Penelope.
"Grrrr" growled Hitomi.
"I'll end."
 
I knew it. She's acting brave, but either she's too scared, or being too cautious to attack. Either way, I have her. Just one more card......
"I'll draw and pass this turn."
 
Hitomi drew. 'About time' she said. "Now you will see what you're up against. I tribute my face-down Unshaven Angler in order to summon Suijin (2500/2400)" the third and final part of the Trinity emerged on the field.
"Oh I'm so scared. 3 monsters, I'm shaking in my boots" mocked Penelope.
"You should be" replied Hitomi darkly. "For these 3 are powerful alone, but when put together....."
"BULLSHIT!! THERE'S NOTHING LIKE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!" screamed Penelope.
 
"Oh yes there is..." whispered Hiei. "I knew you had it Hitomi, all along."
 
"Now, by combining the powers of Sanga of the Thunder, Diety of Lightning, Suijin, Diety of Water, and Kazejin, Diety of Wind, I can summon a creature that you, dear Penelope, have never witnessed. Oh yes, your ultimate dragon may be more powerful, but as you will see, not nearly as impressive as MY ultimate creature.." Hitomi said, as her 3 monsters began to combine into something huge, far bigger than the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon had been.
"Behold, the all-mighty, Gate Guardian!!" Hitomi called out as one of the strangest creatures ever seen appeared on the field (3750/3400). Gate Guardian, made up of the trinity, each piece combining to form a truly awe-inspiring creature. Penelope was stuck for words.
"Now my monster! Attack her!!!" the powerful Gate Guardian let loose it's might, striking Penelope directly. <4250>
Crap.....that hurt....thought Penelope.
 
"Oh...my...god...." muttered Sonic.
"I am sooo glad I didn't face that thing" said Tails.
"See!! Told you she'd kick ass!" said Silver, acting as if he'd believed it all along.
"Silver," interrupted Knuckles "Remind me never to let you cheer for me. It's depressing."
Silver just sulked.
 
Penelope drew. 'Finally, a slight comeback! Not much, but enough to give this bitch a lesson.'
"I use my spell card Ancient Rules, which allowed me to special summon one normal level 5 or higher monster. So out you come, Red-Eyes Black Dragon!" (2400/2000) The great dragon rose in a wreath of fire. "Then, I'll tribute him to summon my Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon!! (2400/2000) and as I have 5 dragons in the graveyard, that gives him a total of 3900 attack points! Enough to wipe out that pathetic creature of yours!!" she yelled in triumph as her monster charged Hitomi's Gate Guardian.
 
"She's screwed." moaned Silver.
SLAP!
"OW!!" cried Silver. "What was that for?!"
"Just be quiet" said Cream sharply, as she secretly rubbed her hand to get rid of the pain from slapping Silver's hard head.
“I'll be right back, I need the john!” Kiros said, running off for the loo.
“Don't be long!” Tails called after him.
 
“I'll use Negate attack, to stop you.” Hitomi said, as a trap was activated.
"You've done well Hitomi, better than I thought you would." said Penelope "But now it's over, you know this. Forfeit, you've done all you can, and you've proven you're a worthy duellist. Ask anyone here." she motioned to the crowd, who cheered for Hitomi, calling for her to forfeit, yelling compliments 10 to the dozen.
"While your compassion is a welcome change Penelope, even though it's a barefaced lie, and not even a good one, I'm gonna win this I think."
"You've gone insane!" exclaimed Penelope. "My Darkness Dragon will obliterate your best!"
 
"What are you planning Hitomi..." pondered Hiei.
"COME ON HITOMI!!!" yelled Petal before she could stop herself. 'What the hell?!' she chastised herself. 'Never mind, if she beats Penelope, all well and good. I'll still take her down!"
 
Hitomi acted as if she hadn't heard Petal's shouts of encouragement, but she had. Deep down, it gave her the strength she had almost lost.
"It's my move Penelope. And with this card I draw, I will strike you down." drawing her card, Hitomi smiled triumphantly. "Do you want to forfeit?" she mocked.
"Whatever, you have almost no lifepoints left, I have all of mine. I have the most powerful monster on the field, your best is about to be destroyed. You have nothing left!!" Penelope replied angrily.
"Indeed. But this time he has back-up. An old friend of yours, actually." Hitomi replied with a knowing smile.
 
"She can't...." Tails muttered.
"Erm...care to let us in on the secret buddy?" asked Sonic.
"I'm not sure, but I think she's about to kick Penelope's ass."
"Seriously?" Cream chipped in enthusiastically.
"If she's gonna do what I think she's gonna do...well, just hold on to your seats guys."
Cream gulped and gripped her chair tightly.
 
"I don't know what you have planned Hitomi, but there's nothing you have that can beat my dragon! I already proved that!!"
"True" Hitomi replied. "I don't have anything that can beat Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon, but you do."
"But...the only thing....no.." Penelope's eyes widened with horror as she realised what Hitomi was about to do.
"And the penny drops. Too little too late Penelope. Now, face the power you unleashed upon others for so long. I pay 1500 lifepoints to activate my spell card, Autonomous Action Unit, and I choose to bring back your Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon!!" <50>
The crowd was in uproar. "How dare she!" one said. "This is impossible!!" another cried out. Yet, lo and behold, the mighty Blue-Eyes White Dragon, which had served Penelope faithfully for so long had appeared by the side of Hitomi. It roared, ready for battle. (4500/3800)
"But....no....how can you control him?! Only I can!!" Penelope spluttered in disbelief.
"Normally you'd be right. However, with my equip card, your dragon has no choice BUT to obey me. And there's more. Seeing as your dragon isn't in the graveyard anymore....."
"Darkness Dragon gets weaker!!" Penelope said in disbelief as her dragon shrunk slightly <3600>
"Exactly. Which means that my Gate Guardian can obliterate it. Show her what I mean my friend!!"
Gate Guardian blasted Penelope's Dragon with ease, and Penelope struggled to stay on the arena floor from the aftershock. <4100>
"That...as it may be...but my Ultimate Dragon will NEVER obey you...." she said, more to herself than anyone else.
"Yeah, right." said Hitomi. "Ultimate Dragon, finish her."
Penelope looked at her dragon in sheer terror as it sent its all-powerful energy blast at her, sending her flying back into the wall from the sheer strength of the attack. <0> As she hit the wall, the necklace around her neck shattered, and to everyone's disbelief she began to change. She went from the beautiful, if not arrogant, 17 year old that she had appeared to be to a young girl, no more than 7 years old.
She stood, looked down at herself, burst into tears, grabbed her deck and fled.
Pegasus took the microphone. "Ahem..." he cleared his throat "Well, as strange as that was, it looks like we have a winner by a very impressive, if not marginally close, victory. I'd like you all to give your warm congratulations to your new champion, the Gate Guardian, Hitomi!!"
 
The hall erupted in applause, but Hitomi just simply walked off. She appeared minutes later at the Freedom Fighter's room. Everyone was quick to congratulate her, even Knuckles and Silver.
It's not over yet. she thought. That bastard still has Hermana.
 
"Hmmm, interesting...." said Hiei.
"I...I didn't think she could do it" confessed Petal.
"I knew she could. And I knew she had the Gate Guardian. Question now is, how long will it take her to come for Hermana..."
"What do you mean?" asked Petal
Hiei just looked down at her and smiled. "Oh, nothing," he said, waving his hand to show it was nothing. "Just something me and Hitomi have to finish. Let's get out of here, we have things to do."
With that, the pair left......
 
Kiros walked back into the room, zipping his flies.
“What I miss?” He asked.
“Not much,” Cream replied. “Cept the end.” She grinned.
“What?! You mean I missed the best bit?! God damn it!” Kiros cursed. “What a damn stupid time to need a pee...”
Hitomi and Pegasus walked in through the door. "Don't be long, champ." Pegasus said. "You're going to have lots of friends."
"How so?" Hitomi asked.
"We have to make sure that the fans are entertained, you have 10 minutes, all of you, to come to the main hall." Pegasus then walked out.
Kiros was still pissed. "I can't believe I missed it all!"
"I'll give you a blow by blow later, Kiros." promised Knuckles.
"Either that or I'd beat it out of you." Kiros replied jokingly.
"So, what does it feel like to be champion of the world?" Sonic asked Hitomi.
"I'm just local champion." Hitomi replied.
"Maybe in title, but you beat the world champion, everyone knows you're the best." said Kiros encouragingly as Silver glared at him.
"Still, I doubt she'll not want a rematch for beating her like that, that transformation was weird though..." Hitomi commented.
"Yeah, what was with that?" asked Cream. "I mean, was it magic or something?" she looked around at the others.
"I'm lost, i missed it, what?" Kiros asked.
"Think of it this way, Kiros..." Tikal said. "Penelope looked like she found the Fountain of Youth."
Kiros just blinked. "Erm...run than by me again?" he said as he scratched the back of his head in confusement.
"Forget that." interrupted Silver. "What did Pegasus mean by 'The fans will need entertainment'? I mean, that can't be good, right?"
"Could be a closing duel, could be announcements, who knows?" Tails replied.
"Well, let's not keep them waiting." Sonic said as he walked out, followed closely by some of the others.
Kiros shrugged. "Come on sis!" he said playfully as he put his arm over Creams shoulder. "Musn't keep the fans waiting."
Cream let out a small giggle, as everyone left, Hitomi stopped and looked at the door to Penelope's room. "I wonder..." She said before walking out.
 
In the main hall, everyone had gathered. Pegasus was on stage.
"Hello and welcome to the final stage of this tournament. First and foremost, lets congratulate the champion for her winning this somewhat unusually played out event." Pegasus extended to Hitomi, who smiled and walked on stage. Cheers were most welcomed as Hitomi took a large trophy and waved to everyone. She got the occasional boo from Penelope Wannabe's for cheating about changing her deck and how she'd never have won if she didn't, but they were ignored...almost, they surprisingly fell suddenly ill everything Hitomi noticed them. Hitomi would never tell, but she was actually causing them to throw up their lunches for their comments. Hitomi took a step back as Pegasus continued. "Now, I'd like to make some announcements." He started. "First off, a new ban list will be arriving in a few days, so be prepared to search for it on nearest official bulletins." Groans from the audience. "Man...I just got my deck sorted with the last change!" one member complained. "Yes, yes, boo...hiss...we hate you Pegasus, I get it every time, however, for some new news, I've just recently released the newest copy of the one...the only...Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Pegasus called, trying to keep suspense. Complete silence from disbelief gripped the crowd. "Yes, that's right, there are now four copies of the Blue Eyes for you to seek your hands on." Pegasus confirmed himself.
"A forth...blue eyes...?" Tikal said in disbeleif.
"Maybe I could get it for Mr Shadow!" exclaimed Cream.
"Also..." Before Pegasus could continue a strange cloaked person stood apon the stage. "Hm...Security, subdue him, would you?" As security ran toward the person, they were bolted down by nothing, but sparked on the floor in an comatose state.
"I'm here to liven things up a little, and i want that new Blue Eyes..." The person said.
"Well, didn't you hear, i released it, meaning it could be in a pack somewhere, or claimed, or who knows, all i know is i don't have it." Pegasus shrugged.
"Liar...there's no way you'd let something that valuable get out of your own grubby hands..." The person countered.
 
Kiros stepped forward. "Hey pal, I don't know what your problem is, but you're spoiling things for my friend here."
"Hmm, a wise crack, huh?" The person looked toward Kiros. "How about we play a little game?" He then released himself from the bottom of his cloak, however, his clothes were just as black and his hood remained intacted, keeping his face hidden. Attatched to his left arm was a duel disk, black with silver rims and a thunderbolt tribal patturn. He began to flip a strange coin in his right hand.
Kiros grinned. "What you got in mind?"
"A duel, naturally, but a little more...interesting." the person replied.
“Name the stakes." Kiros said.
"Erm Kiros....." interrupted Knuckles. "Don't ya think that maybe this is one of those weird dimension thingies we were told about?"
"Sure. But I'm only screwed if I lose." Kiros replied confidently.
"Duel Dimention?" The person asked, somewhat confused. "Wrong clan, buster, i'm from the Shadow Clan, you can called me Thunder for the time being. Or Shadow Thunder, whichever you prefer." He added.
"Or loser." added Kiros as he got out his duel disk and deck. "Mr Pegasus, I know this is your show and all, but I suppose a duel would be the perfect way to end the tourny?" he asked.
"Indeed." Pegasus stepped away. "Enjoy."
"Seeing as you're going to lose your soul when you lose, how about we amplify the challange? Want to wager anything?" Thunder asked.
Kiros just laughed. "Bah! You don't know who you're dealing with pal. I'm the Gladiator, and I don't lose!!" he bragged. "And there is something I want from you...."
"Oh?" Thunder asked, curiously.
"I want that cool-ass cloak of yours. After all, you don't have anything in your deck that would be of use to me." Kiros replied cockily.
"Kiros, don't." warned Hitomi. "You have no idea of what you're getting involved in."
"Hmm..." Thunder thought. "You can only, and i mean only, get a cloak like this by joining the Shadow Clan."
"I want the cloak. When you lose, you won't have any need of it. Or are you too chicken-shit to match the wager?" Kiros taunted.
"I'm serious Kiros, back down!" said Hitomi.
"No way. A Gladiator never, and I mean NEVER backs down from a challenge!" Kiros replied proudly.
Thunder laughed. "You do realise that by taking my cloak, you become one of us, one of the Shadows? And if you refuse, then you'll be hunted like a dog until you're nothing." he said.
"That's cool with me." said Kiros. "I'll take the cloak, and if anymore of you punks come after me, I'll knock them down like I will you."
"KIROS, THAT'S ENOUGH!!" yelled Hitomi. "I won't let you!!"
"I don't think he's going to listen Hitomi..." said Sonic quietly.
Petal appeared in front of Thunder and snatched his coin.
"What?!" Thunder was caught by surprise. "You're not to seal him, you're not allowed to wager our cloaks, understood?" Petal gave him a clear look in the face, dispite it being concealed.
"Hey, lady!!" yelled Kiros. "You mind? We in the middle of something here!!"
Petal turned around and glared at Kiros.
"You shut up!" She growled, then turned to Thunder. "There will be no wagering of any belongings to the Shadow Clan, defy this option and you'll see what it's like to be drained of your soul into your own coin. I'm done..." Petal then vanished.
"Man, what a bitch!" Kiros spat. "I was looking forward to getting this punks cloak."
Thunder growled, then activated the duel disk. "No matter." He said. "I'll flatten you, regardless."
"Bah, you wish!" Kiros grinned. "Prepare to meet your fate in the Arena!!"
"Yeah, yeah..." And the duel began.
"Kiros, you are damned lucky that you aren't duelling for your soul!" Hitomi chastised him. "You don't know what you're dealing with!"
Kiros turned to Hitomi. "Look, Hitomi, while I appreciate the concern, it's my choice. I'll duel anyone, anytime, no matter what the stakes. You duel for what you want, I duel for honour!" he then turned back to Thunder. "Ready to lose?"
"Idiot." Hitomi muttered, gritting her teeth. Kiros merely gave her a raised finger in reply.
This is my chance. Duelling like this, in front of everyone, this is my chance to shine. What better way to make a name for myself than this? Kiros thought to himself. Come on deck, don't let me down now!
 
Thunder slotted his deck and drew 6 cards. "I'm going to go first, so enjoy." He said.
"Take ya best shot!" taunted Kiros happily.
"Best make it count though, cos I don't plan on letting this duel last that long. I'm gonna prove to the world that I got what it takes to be standing up here!!"
"You do that..." Thunder said. "I'm sure they'll love to see you crumble."
"You wish punk!" retorted Kiros.
 
"Hey Sonic..." whispered Cream. "Is Kiros really as good as he says?"
"He's unbelievable, Cream." Sonic said, folding his arms.
Cream just nodded and smiled.
 
"I'll start things off with Kaiser Colosseum." Thunder said. "Then i'll proceed with two face downs and Raiou in attack." Thunder's monster appeared. (1900/800)
"Kaiser what-now?" Kiros asked in confusion.
"Kaiser Colosseum." Thunder replied. "When there is 1 or more monster on the field of the controller of this card, his/her opponent cannot place a monster on the field if the opponent would then have more monsters on the field than the controller of this card."
 
"A'ight, my move!" said Kiros as he drew his card.
"First thing I'll do is play my field spell, Colloseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts! When I said I was a Gladiator...." he began as what was once the victory stage for Hitomi changed into a vast Roman arena, huge beyond comparison, and the entire audience appeared in the stands.
"I wasn't kidding." he finished.
"Uh huh..." Thunder replied, folding his arms. "Go on."
"Then, I'll summon my Gladiator Beast Secutor (400/300) in attack mode."
The lizard like creature appeared brandishing a small spear, growling at Thunder aggresively.
"And, after equipping him with the spell cards Gladiator Beast's Battle Manica and Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd, I think I'll send him to attack your monster!" Kiros called out as Secutor jumped towards Thunders far more powerful monster.
Thunder titled his head a little. "So, how much was his attack increased?" He asked.
"Zilch." Kiros replied as Thunders monster sent Secutor flying back with ease, the spear striking Kiros <6500>
Secutor returned to his feet.
"What an idiot..." Thunder said aloud.
 
Cream looked at Sonic. "Why did he do that?" She asked.
"Just wait." Sonic replied as Secutor regained its balance and stood firmly in front of Kiros.
"HEY!!! WHY'S THAT THING NOT DESTROYED?!" yelled someone from the crowd.
"Because my Battle Manica prevents him from being destroyed in battle!!" Kiros shouted back.
"So what does the other one do?" asked Thunder calmly.
"Glad you asked. Watch."
All of a sudden, Thunder's continuous spell card was destroyed, debris falling to the arena floor. Kiros just stood there looking triumphant.
"I'll use my Magic Drain, to counter that equip spell you just activated. Care to change that?" Thunder said as magic drain began bringing the Kaiser Colosseum back.
"Crap....." cursed Kiros. 'Well that's that idea out the window.' he thought.
"Anyway," Thunder said as his Colosseum remained. "Carry on."
Sighing, Kiros waved his turn.
 
Thunder drew his card.
 
"I don't think it's going well Sonic.." Cream said, a little worry in her voice.
"Kiros'll be fine, Cream, he can handle himself." Sonic said, patting Cream on the head.
 
"I'll use Tribute Doll." he said.
"And tribute Raiou for The Big Saturn." Thunder said, as his monster rose from Raiou's dust. (2800/2200)
"This...is gonna hurt...." Kiros said quietly.
'My big chance and I'm messing it up. Get a grip!!' Kiros shouted at himself silently.
"Ready for this?" Thunder asked, a grin could be imagined on his unrevealed face from his tone.
"Gimme what ya got!!" Kiros challenged.
"I'll use his effect to remove this card in my hand and tribute 1000 or my life points to give to him." Thunder said. <7000> "Now, strike his invincible monster." The Big Saturn formed blasted at the Secutor.
Secutor tried to strike back valiantly at the blast, but was so easily overpowered, it passing him and sending Kiros flying back. <3100>
Kiros jumped to his feet and cheered. "WHOOOIE!!! Damn, this feels good! Long time since I had a challenge!!" he called out.
Inside was a different story. 'I boosted myself up so much, but what is happening to me? Am I really that bad a duellist?' he asked himself.
 
"Oh no!" Cream gasped, covering her mouth with both hands.
Hitomi narrowed her eyes. "Kiros...Do you see now why you're safer not duelling him for your soul?" She asked him.
Kiros just laughed. "Come on Hitomi, I'm having fun here! Don't spoil it for me." He glared darkly at Thunder. "Besides, I'm just getting warmed up..."
 
"You'd best get past the warm up stage, since you'll need a lot to beat me." Thunder said. "Now, my move is over, so make your own and make it worth it."
 
Kiros drew and looked at his hand. He tried to put on an air of confidence, but his fear and nervousness were evident.
Thunder yawned loudly. "Come on, already, if you can't move, then don't...just don't bore me to death."
"I'm thinking here!!" Kiros called back.
 
Knuckles was in shock, almost as much as Silver, who's chin was on the floor. "This is a shadow duellist duelling, and he's kicking the ass of the most badass duellist we know..." Knuckles said aloud.
"Damn, ain't that the truth...i'm actually scared of them." Silver agreed.
Thunder laughed aloud. "This...This runt is the best you know?" He then continued to laugh, completely humiliatingly toward Kiros.
 
'He's right....I was just kidding myself...' Kiros thought to himself. 'I aint nothing like these guys.'
 
"If that's the case, you have no hopes against the Shadow Clan, i'm far from the best of us, and i can tell you that even they can beat me worse than i am beating this mouthy brat." Thunder continued to laugh hard.
Hitomi narrowed her eyes. "And that's something to be proud of?" She uttered to herself.
 
"ENOUGH!!!" shouted Kiros at the top of his lungs, shocking everyone into silence.
"You can talk all you want, but it's my move and I'm gonna kick your ass so bad that the rest of those Shadow Clan goons are gonna wonder what the hell hit them!!"
"I doubt it, make your move and crawl in a hole, like the runt you are." Thunder said, regaining his composure.
"Oh you only wish. I've been letting you have it easy, I was thrown by having everyone watching this, I was a little scared. But guess what pal, it's just you and me now."
 
'You can do it...' Sonic thought. 'I believe you can, and you need to believe you can as well...good luck.'
 
"Meh, if a little crowd bothers you, then you're really nothing of a duellist." Thunder said.
"Oh you'll see what kind of a duellist I am soon enough. I play the spell card Dark World Dealings. This makes us both draw one card, and then discard one card." Kiros replied calmly, almost as if he had completely changed personality.
Thunder took the card from the top of his deck and then dropped it in his grave without looking at it.
Kiros on the other hand discarded the first card he'd picked up.
"Now, I'll activate Gladiator Beast's Respite, which allows me to return 2 Gladiator Beast monsters from my hand to the deck, and draw 3 cards." he drew and smirked triumphantly.
"In that case, i'll use my trap card Trap Dustshoot. Show me those cards." Thunder said.
"For the love of....fine. Here." Kiros walked over to Thunder, and showed him his hand.
"Hmm...Throw the Test Tiger back in your deck." Thunder ordered.
Kiros shrugged and did so. "Now you've done fucking around, can I continue?" he asked.
"Such mouthing on the little brat, carry on with your attempt at beating me." Thunder stretched.
"I'll switch my Secutor to defence for now, and set 2 cards. Make your move."
 
"I'm really worried Sonic." said Cream, her voice beginning to sound panicked. Silver and Knuckles just could not believe what they were seeing. The rest of the crowd were beginning to get bored. "Finish him off already Thunder!!" one called. "This kid sucks!!" shouted another.
 
Thunder draws his card. "Hm, i'll send this this Thunder Dragon to my graveyard to bring out the other two into my hand."
"And i'll end my turn." Thunder finished.
 
Kiros drew. 'I have to do something!!' he practically yelled inside his head. 'I'm better than this!!'
"I'll set one card, and activate my Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy your Kaiser Colloseum!"
 
"I'm worried about him..." Tikal said, holding her hands to her chin.
'Quite the interesting pair of players...' Pegasus thought. 'I must look into these Shadow Clan fellows.'
 
Thunder shrugged. "Big deal." He said.
"Oh it will be. Now with that out of the way, I summon my Gladiator Beast Dimacari (1600/1200) in attack mode, and end my turn."
The armoured bull appeared with a grunt and took it's place next to Secutor.
 
"Oh, so you're playing stupid, are you?" Thunder said, drawing his card. "Well, in that case, lets see you counter this. by discarding one of my thunder dragons, i use Lightning Vortex!"
"Crap....." Kiros sighed as his monsters were wiped from the field. He sank to his knees.
"And look how the mighty crumble." Thunder yawned.
 
"He's still got a chance, right?" Silver asked, looking around. "I mean, that Big Sat...thing can't beat him in this turn, right?"
"What do you care?" asked Knuckles. "I thought you wanted him to get wiped?"
"Not this badly, you moron!" Silver yelled.
 
"Now, i'll use The Big Saturns Ability, remove the thunder dragon from my hand and increase his attack by 1000 of my own life points." <6000> "Attack him for the win." Thunder said, outstretching his arm.
As Saturns blast headed for Kiros, he flipped his trap, Negate Attack, which stopped the blast right in its tracks.
Thunder sighs. "You're delaying the enevitable, runt." He said.
"Make your last move then." Thunder waved on.
 
Kiros didn't draw. Didn't even look up. He just held his hand, hovering above his deck, not enough to surrender, but as a tear fell from his eye it was plain that he couldn't go on.
Thunder sighs. "Hey...Kid...come on..." He said, though his mockery before sounded so real, this time around he actually sounded sincere.
"You know how lame it is to pause before surrendering? Not cool, man." He continued. "Either draw or give up, the suspense is annoying..."
Kiros began to laugh bitterly. "I should thank you Thunder."
"Oh, do tell..." Thunder said.
"I actually thought I was good. You've proven how wrong I was. My big chance to make a name for myself...yeah right, a big chance to make a mockery of the game and a fool of myself..."
He got to his feet. "Mr Pegasus...I'm sorry I've made such a mess of your game."
"You've not made a mess of my game, my boy. We all win and lose, it's life, I'm afraid, you had the courage to stand up to a thug and that's a duellist in my eyes, win or lose." Pegasus replied.
"And a duellist wouldn't just give up cos things looked bad....."
"Right?" asked Kiros, looking at Pegasus, and the Freedom Fighters in turn.
Pegasus took Kiros by the shoulders, so that he looked at him, towering over him, but not in an intimidating way. "My boy, you're still young, i'm surprised you continued going the moment that you were first struck down to those 3100 life points and still faught on and delayed your opponent annoyingly, and i like that in a duellist. I care not for duellists who win all the time, or have the best strategies...though that does give them a plus. But the duellists i like the most are the ones who are a duellist by heart and by soul, those who stand for what they believe in, some trips may be bumpy and sometimes they may give up when things look bleak, but so long as you can promise me you will make up for it, then you're one of the best duellists i know." Pegasus explained.
Thunder huffed in annoyance. "So has he given up, or what?!" He asked, his tone unpleased with being kept waiting.
 
Kiros turned back to Thunder. "Mr Pegasus, I promise you I'll make up for it....right now!!" he drew his card.
Pegasus smiled and looked slyly at Thunder.
Thunder sighed again. "Jeez, louise, give up already..." He regained his composure. "Get on with it then..."
Kiros looked at his card, the only one he had left. "A'ight, here goes nothing. I activate the spell card Gladiator's Return. By moving 3 Gladiator Beasts from my graveyard to my deck I can draw 2 cards."
"Then, I'll set one face-down and summon Gladiator Beast Hoplomus, in attack mode!!" (800/2100) Kiros folded his arms as the huge rhino settled in front of him. "Make your move already, I'm getting bored here!"
 
"What a lame ass..." Thunder said. He drew his card. "Attack him." He said. (2800 ATK)
'It's clearly a trap, but who cares, he's lost it...' Thunder thought.
"Not so fast, I activate my trap, Defensive Tactics!! While I control a Gladiator Beast on the field, I'm protected from all damage and my monsters can't be destroyed. Tough luck, try again!!" Kiros said.
"How bizzarre, i was expecting something more annoying like 'ooh, look at me and my trap to kill your monster.'" Thunder mocked.
"Oh I got something much more interesting in store for you." Kiros shot back.
"Well, my turn's over, so give me your best shot." Thunder yawned.
"It's not over just yet." Kiros corrected him.
"Excuse me?" Thunder scratched his head, over his hood, still not revealing his appearance.
"Even though my trap stopped me from taking damage, and saved my monster, he was still attacked. Which means his effect activate at the end of your battle phase. Which allows me to return him to my deck, and bring out another Gladiator Beast....." Kiros explained as he searched through his deck.
 
"This, Cream, is what makes Kiros a formidabble opponant." Sonic said. Cream didn't reply, just concentrated on the match.
 
"So now you can say hello to my Gladiator Beast Spartacus!!" (2200/1600) A ring behind Kiros lit up.
"And that isn't all. If Spartacus is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast, I can search through my deck and get an equip card and bring it to my hand. Which I think I'll do now."
"And as your turn has now ended, I'll draw."
Kiros drew his card, and silently prayed for a miracle.
"Now, you are screwed Thunder."
"I doubt it, but carry on..." Thunder yawned again.
"Oh just watch. First, I'll use the Heavy Storm I set a while ago to destroy every spell and trap on the field." The arena was engulfed by a tremendous storm, which destroyed the arena and returned it to the stage it had been before.
The crowd began to cheer loudly. "Kiros! Kiros! Kiros! Kiros!" And it continued like this, eventually, even Cream and slowly the rest of the Freedom Fighters joined in, the whole room echoing Kiros!
Kiros smiled at the cheers, and loked at Thunder. "This is where it ends mate. I summon an old friend, Gladiator Beast Secutor." (400/300)
 
'And with that, you made your name.' Pegasus thought. 'Win or lose, you will be remembered...for a little while at least, but i'll make you big.' He then grinned a little.
 
Thunder shrugged. "Oh spare me, this is pathetic."
"Pathetic? That's what you think? Well, let's just see how this takes your fancy. I now merge my 2 creatures to call out Gladiator Beast Giaodiaz!!" (2600/1500) The 2 creatures came together, and formed a huge, intimidating ox, armoured in thick platemail and brandishing a huge axe.
"Remember that equip card Thunder? Well, now I think I'll use it. Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius increases my monsters attack points by 300, giving me the power in this duel." Kiros said. "What's pathetic now?" (2900/1500)
"Less talk, more duelling." Thunder yawned.
"Fine. Giaodiaz, destroy his monster."
"I got a good idea, let's be nice and say you did a good job, however, my monsters effect does not state that it has to be used in my turn..." Thunder said.
"So, lets give up the card in my hand and 1000 life points, and increase his attack by 1000, shall we?" Thunder said, as his monster then towered Giaodiaz. (3800 ATK)
<5000>
Giaodiaz disappeared moments before he was about to be destroyed. Kiros had his hand on his deck, forfeiting the duel. "Fine. You win. Full props to you." He said before turning and walking away, not looking at anyone.
 
Thunder stretched again. "That was extremely boring..." He said. "However, you did good, for your first duel against a Shadow Clan member." Thunder then bolted away in a flash, blinding nearly everyone around. Cream recovered and ran in front of Kiros.
"Kiros? Are you okay?" She asked in concern.
"Just fine." Kiros replied.
"I gotta go. Sorry for letting ya down." Kiros said as he sidestepped Cream.
"Kiros! Wait!" Cream called after him.
Before Kiros could leave, Hiei appeared before him.
Kiros stopped, but didn't turn or look up at Cream.
Instead, he looked up at Hiei. "Who the hell're you?" he asked.
Hitomi looked toward Hiei and charged over, but was knocked back by water, which just appeared from nowhere.
"Name is Hiei, Hitomi's older brother and leader of the Shadow Clan." Hiei replied.
"So you lead those nut jobs, huh?" Sonic narrowed his eyes angrily toward Hiei.
"Don't fret about that stomping you just got, Kiros..." Hiei said.
"Thunder as he likes to call himself is still somewhat a weaker duellist, and you won mainly from your lack of concentration and his lucky streak. You're the better duellist, and though you're going to say no, i want to extrend an invitation to you to join our ranks, you can be the best duellist you want, perhaps even surpass many of those already within the Shadow Compound."
Kiros scratched his cheek. "Look, Hiei was it? I'm grateful for the offer, I really am, but I aint no duellist. I just proved that."
"Is that so...?" Hiei asked.
"Kiros...." murmured Cream.
"Hiei, you give me Hermana back right now!" Hitomi yelled out.
Kiros turned and looked at Hitomi. "Who's Hermana?" he asked.
"Shuffle your deck and draw 5 cards." Hiei ordered.
Kiros turned back. "Me?" he questioned.
"Yes, you." Hiei replied.
Kiros shrugged and took his deck from his pocket, shuffling it slowly before drawing five cards.
"What type of hand do you have? Good? Bad? Can you make a strategy from it?" Hiei asked.
"Sure, I guess..." Kiros replied, looking at his cards. "I mean, there's a couple of things I could do with it..."
"Draw another card." Hiei said.
Kiros did so and laughed. "Oh if only I'd had this hand. I'dve creamed that bastard Thunder."
"Shuffle your hand back into your deck." Hiei said.
Kiros looked puzzled but did so, shuffling his deck carefully.
"Draw another six."
Again Kiros did so. "Yeah, this one sucks.."
"What is that guy doing?" Cream asked Tikal.
"I don't know..." Tikal replied.
"Do it one more time." Hiei said.
And again Kiros did so. He shuffled and drew. "Okay, so this one's pretty good. What's the point in this?" he asked.
Hiei pulled out a deck and shuffled it. He drew six cards and showed them to Kiros without looking at them. "Do these cards look familiar?" He asked, he was holding Thunders deck, or a replica at least.
"Yeah, they do. I just got buttfucked by em." Kiros replied.
"Look at this hand, any good?" Hiei asked.
"I dunno, I don't know what the rest of the deck is like." Kiros replied.
But, put this against that first hand you drew on your deck, what does that make you think if you used this hand, knowing what you do about your hand of your deck?" Hiei asked.
"It sucks." Kiros replied bluntly. "And I want my question answered, who is this Hermana?"
"Hermana is Hitomi's little sister...or at least half." Hiei said shuffling the deck again.
Kiros closed his eyes. "I am too tired for all this...."
"The point of my deck showing is this, young duellist. If you think that you're not a duellist for losing one measly duel due to a lucky hand, then no, you're not a duellist, but I can shuffle both yours and Thunder's decks a thousand times and i bet the chances are you'll have the superior hand most of the time." Hiei said. "Consider my offer, and Hitomi...Hermana will return to you in due time, i just need her for a little while longer." Hiei then vanished, leaving a room full of a crowd who was still unsure what was happening.
"Damn you!" Hitomi then ran out the door in chase of Hiei, dispite having no idea where he went.
"Maybe I should accept the offer..." mused Kiros.
Sonic walked over to Kiros, with the other freedom fighters. "Don't fret over it, little buddy." Sonic said. "Hiei might be an evil bastard, but he's right, we all have our ups and downs, even you. If you go through life only winning, then one day, when you lose, you won't know how to handle it, losing is good."
"And accepting his offer to join the Shadow Clan is a baaaad idea." Tikal said. "You'd be our enemy, and you're too cute to fight." She smiled.
Kiros shrugged. "Maybe...."
He smiled. "If I did join, at least I'd get the kick-ass cloak I wanted."
 
Pegasus took the microphone again. "Well, if you've all had a nice time, I hope I can host another tournament soon, my other announcements may wait for a new broadcast or something, I'm sure everyone is tired, thank you for coming and have a good night." With that Pegasus left, security escorting the crowds to the exits in a calm manner.
 
"Seriously, don't join them." Sonic told Kiros. "I won't be merciful because you're a friend."
Kiros turned to Sonic and grinned. "Bah, if I ever need to get cheered up by a bunch of clowns, I'll give Hiei and his crew a call. Anyway, it's kinda late, I should be heading back to my pad. I'll catch y'all later okay?"
"Sure thing, little buddy." Sonic said with a heroic salute and smile. Everyone then said thier goodbyes and headed for home.
As Kiros walked down the street, heading for the spot under the bridge he called home, he thought about everything that had happened. "Screw it..." he said. "What do I have to lose. Hiei, you got your new recruit..."