Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Intensity is Formidable. ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19: The intensity is formidable.
 
Blaze returned to the room, and immediately tells them the news that Vax was literally vaporised.
“What?!” Sonic questioned. “You're telling us that the one who just defeated you has just been wiped clean out?”
“That's exactly what I am saying; I was too late to do anything about it.” Blaze replied.
"You mean...wiped out. As in..passed, deceased, kicked it, 6 ft under, no longer cheddar, gone, dusted, ghosted, DEAD?!" said Silver, going through every phrase he could think of before he came to the last one in panic.
Hitomi hit Silver over the head.
"Shut it, would ya!" She yelled.
"Well, it's hard to explain, but...he seemed to crumble into dust, so dusted seems to fit well." Blaze replied.
"I don't get it...he was good...a complete jerk...but good...and how did he turn into a god-damn statue?!" cursed Knuckles, in a similar state of panic as the just disciplined Silver, who was nursing a sore head in a corner.
"Not really a statue, more like just...dust..." Blaze said.
 
"It's a Duel Dimension..." Kirika said from the door. Cream yelped slightly as she hid behind Hitomi in fright.
"What do you want?" asked Sonic guardedly as he slowly moved his hand to the pocket where his deck was.
"Simply to tell you that Vax duelled a Duel Dimension." Kirika replied. "I'm not explaining it, but what you should know is that once you lose the duel in a Duel Dimension, you suffer a fate worse than death itself."
"Which is.....?" Tails prompted.
"It depends on the duellist you faced." Kirika replied.
"How do they do it?" Tails asked. "There must be some science behind it, so there must be a way to counter it."
"No...It's purely generated dimension." Kirika said. "No science has counted it, no science can counter it."
"So how do we defend ourselves against it?" asked a voice from behind them. The Freedom Fighters turned, and saw a familiar hare.
"YOU!!" Silver exclaimed!
"Well, if it isn't our old friend Kiros. How'd you get in here?" asked Sonic.
"Never mind that! I want a rematch!" said Silver angrily.
 
Kirika moved out of the way of Kiros, into the room. "You don't...once the Dimension is opened, you must win in order to survive." She said.
"Then that magician wielding idiot is screwed." taunted Kiros.
"And in answer to you Sonic, I snuck into the tourney. I figured it might be fun to watch you guys instead of scouring the park for some competition."
"I see." Sonic said. Kirika stretched upwards. "My duel is next," She said, "And then I need the ultra scan...damn it..." She uttered aloud, unintentionally.
"Who're you duelling?" asked Kiros.
"Penelope, the grand champion of the world." Kirika replied, looking at Kiros.
Kiros whistled. "Good luck, I hear she's a bitch."
"Guess you missed her last duel then, no screen, huh?" Kirika questioned.
"I was...otherwise engaged." Kiros said.
"Oh? Do tell, I'm interested." Kirika said, pocketing her hands. Tails took a close observation of her from the distance, though didn't make it look obvious
"Just teaching some snot-nosed punk not to pick a fight with a gladiator." Kiros smirked.
"Anyone we know?" Knuckles asked.
Kiros shook his head. "This was ages ago, I hadn't even arrived in the city at that point. I can see how you could make that mistake though, someone I'd define as a punk is right here." he said, nodding at Silver, who quickly became angry.
"I went easy on you, so let's go, rematch!! I'll kick your ass!" he yelled.
"Why? So I can obliterate you again?" yawned Kiros. "Anyway," he continued, turning back to Kirika. "Good luck against Penelope."
"Thanks, you know, you're kinda cute...for a kid." Kirika then carefully walked past Kiros and walked off.
 
Kiros blushed and grinned at the others. "What can I say, I'm just adorable. Anyway, I'd best shoot off too, if security catches me I'm in a heap of trouble. I'll catch you guys after the tourney." he said as he waved goodbye and ran down the steps.
Minutes after, a couple of security guards came into the room. "Hey, have you kids seen a small hare around here? Weird hairstyle, kinda short?"
Pegasus walked back, holding Kiros by the hood on his jacket. "You mean this little guy?" He asked.
"That's him..." One of the guard said, reaching for him.
"Ah, ah, ahhh..." Pegasus said, pulling Kiros away a little and holding his finger up. "I'm going to be a nice person and if this chap can give me a good enough reason to stay, then he shall, if not, help yourself to him."
Kiros smiled awkwardly at Sonic and the group. "Cause....I'm a kick-ass duellist?" he said sweetly.
"Hmmm..." Pegasus was thinking. "Nope, not good enough, that's just bragging.
 
Cream ran over to Kiros and wrapped her arms around him, this taking not only him but everyone else by surprise. "Big brother! You're here!" She called. "You missed my duels, though..."
Kiros quickly got the idea. "Yeah I know, I'm sorry, I only just got into town."
"He's your brother?" Pegasus asked,
"Yup, please let him stay!" Cream pleaded. "He was just trying to watch me duel, but we're not very rich and he couldn't afford a ticket."
"Not to mention the ran out before I could buy him one." Sonic added.
"Very well, you can have a V.I.P pass for this room with the others, do enjoy your stay and duels." With that Pegasus and the guards left them along, Cream let go of Kiros with a blush, then ran to hide behind Tails again.
"Hehe," Kiros grinned awkwardly, blushing once again. "I guess...well, thanks. You just saved me a world of hurt."
"Nice thinking there, Cream." Rouge said.
"You fooled the master of games at a mind game, awesome." Tikal added. Tails looked out the window to Kirika who was stood waiting for the match to begin.
 
"She should just forfeit now..." She said aloud.
"Nah, she'll do okay I reckon." said Kiros, turning to the window, still taking sneaky glances at Cream every now and then.
"Yeah, why should she give up?" Cream asked, also looking toward Kirika.
"Because..." Tails sighed again. "She's pregnant..."
"Crap....." Kiros muttered.
"And with my machine as it is, her child will surely die if Penelope uses to much force..." Tails added.
 
"May the Goddess Kirika and Overlord Penelope make their way to the Arena!!" The announcer called, from the left of the stage, Kirika walked in with her hands in her pockets, she wasn't too happy with the turnout. I'm gonna get slaughtered... She thought to herself.
Penelope came from the right hand side of the stage. She too wasn't happy. Why should I bother with this amateur. True, she did beat that Cream quite spectacularly, but she doesn't stand a chance against my dragons.
Kirika took her mark, ripped out her deck and slotted it. "Let's not bother with small meaningless chatter and just get this over with." She said.
"I was about to say the same. After all, this won't take long." Penelope agreed as she slid her deck into position
'She's got that right, at least.' Kirika thought. 'Might as well go down fighting.'
"Ready duellists! Begin!" The needle span and landed on Penelope.
Kirika drew 5 cards.
 
"Me first?" Penelope said with mock humility. "Well, I suppose I'll go easy on you. As much fun as it would be, I don't want to end the duel in one move" she said as she drew her 6 cards.
"Why be merciful on me, seems the arrogant champion is mortal after all." Kirika mocked, shrugging.
"My dear Kirika, it's not mercy, I just want as much satisfaction as I can get from duelling such an amateur as you. Personally, I would rather have duelled Cream." She sniped. "But anyway, I think I'll bring out one of my little friends now. Say hello to the Red-Eyes B. Chick." (800/500)
"Whoopee, a Drake...get on with it." Kirika said, narrowing her eyes.
"If you insist. Now, I'll make my dragon grow up a little bit, by using his effect, sending him to the graveyard to summon the Red-Eyes Black Dragon to the field." (2400/2000)
"Typical..." Kirika then sighed. "Well, better than her bringing out the damn Blue Eyes early..."
"Now, seeing as you're wide open, I think I'll do some damage before you get a chance to defend yourself." Penelope grinned darkly.
"And how, might I ask, will you do that?" Kirika said, somewhat confused.
"By using this spell card, Inferno Fire Blast." Penelope answered as her Red-Eyes blasted Kirika.
"Oh Sh...." And Kirika was blasted out. <5600> "Crap...that was painful..." Kirika stood and walked back to the arena. "Looks like you're not called Champion for nothin'." She said.
"Why thank you, Kirika. It took me a while to find this card. But having a spell that lets me attack even on the first turn, it's not something most duellists would think of." Penelope replied.
Kirika cracks her neck twice and rotates her shoulders. "Any more wisecracks you wanna try?"
Penelope just smiled. "I think I've done enough for one turn. So I'll just sacrifice my Red-Eyes to summon my Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon (2400/2000) to the field and end my turn." The needle turned to Kirika as Penelope's Red-Eyes roared as its body twisted and distorted into something far more sinister.
 
"Naturally, that thing is stronger thanks to the Chick and Dragon in your graveyard as well..." Kirika sighed. "Why me..?"
"Luck of the draw...well, UN-luck in your case Kirika." Penelope gloated.
"And you are of course right. Due to the 2 dragons in my graveyard, my Darkness Dragon gains an extra 600 attack points." (3000/2000)
"Bloody Dragons..." Kirika hissed. She then drew her card.
"I'll start with Bountiful Artemis on the field." Kirika said, as the Bountiful Artemis appeared. (1600/1700)
"Next, I'll set one card and use Swords of Concealing Light to hold you at bay a little." Kirika said as black swords flew toward Penelope's side of the field.
Penelope sighed as her dragon was sent face-down. "Oh well, looks like you got a bit of a break."
"Not likely." Kirika muttered. "And typically, this is all I can do, so move on."
 
Penelope drew. "Well, seeing as I can't attack you yet with anything worthwhile...I'll just set this monster in defence and end my turn."
 
Kirika drew her card. <SOCL = 1> "I'll summon The Agent of Creation - Venus." She said. "And use its effect to summon a Mystical Shine Ball in Defence mode." (500/500) "Your move." Kirika smiled. <5100>
 
'She's up to something' Penelope thought to herself as she drew her card. "I'll set another monster in defence and end my turn."
 
Kirika drew her card. 'Hm, I could use this...' She thought. <SOCL =2> The Black blade vanish from the field.
"I'll summon Gellenduo to the field and end my turn." Kirika said as her monster appeared. <1700/0>
 
'I get it now' Penelope thought. 'She's building up to summon as much as she can, trying to prepare for my Blue-Eyes.' she smiled. "She has no idea" she muttered as she drew.
'I'm in trouble.' Kirika thought.
"I think I know what you're up to Kirika, and what you're waiting for. So, here it is. I'll tribute 2 of my face-downs to summon my Blue-Eyes White Dragon!!" (3000/2500) As Penelope's 2 monsters disappeared, including her face-down darkness dragon, the mighty Blue-Eyes came to the field with a mighty roar. "How do you like that?"
'Shit...that screws up my plans...' Kirika thought, as she gritted her teeth.
"Well, I think it's time I triggered my trap." she said.
"Aegis of Gaia!" Kirika called as it activated. <8100>
"Aegis of what?" Penelope questioned.
"Aegis of Gaia...It grants me 3000 life points so long as it remains on the field."
"Not a bad move. Here's a good one as well. I'll flip summon my Kaibaman (200/700) and tribute him to summon another Blue-Eyes to the field." Penelope said calmly as her second Blue-Eyes settled on the field, the 2 of them staring down at Kirika's monsters. "Your move."
 
"Erm....why didn't she attack?" questioned Knuckles.
"Her dragons would have obliterated most of Kirika's defence" added Silver.
"Maybe...maybe she's just playing with Kirika?" said Tails. "You know how much of a pain she is, and how much she likes to show off."
 
Kirika drew her card.
'She didn't attack...that's a good sign, I think...' Kirika thought. "Okay, think I'll summon Mythical Beast Cerberus to the field." The Cerberus appeared, small and feeble. (1400/1400) "Now I'll use my Special Hurricane, this allows me to remove every special summoned monster on the field to the graveyard."
The Cerberus grew in size a little. (1900 ATK)
Penelope watched with annoyance as one of her Blue-Eyes was wiped off the field. "Darn."
"Naturally, my poor yet useless ball goes too." The Mystical Shine Ball was destroyed.
"I'm sorry Djibril" Penelope said under her breath. 'You'll get your revenge, I promise' she said silently.
"I'll place Bountiful Artemis and Venus in defence mode and end my turn." Kirika said.
 
Penelope drew. 'I am so sorry Ibris' she thought. I'll tribute my Blue-Eyes to summon Great Maju Garzett, (6000/0) and I'll leave it there" she said.
 
'God damn it...' Kirika mentally cursed. "I thought your deck was only dragons..." Kirika said.
"There's a lot about my deck you don't know Kirika." Penelope replied shortly. 'But it isn't Maju you have to worry about.' she thought.
Kirika drew her card. 'The fact she's not attacking me is becoming worrying...' she thought. 'She's toying with me...'
Kirika looks at her hands, then studied the field. "Aha, you're lack of attacking me will be your downfall, Overlord." Kirika grinned.
"We'll see." Penelope replied tauntingly.
 
"Grrrr, she's beginning to annoy me!" Knuckles complained.
"Just wait," Tails said calmly. "I want to know what Penelope has planned."
"Well, fill us in buddy." Sonic said.
"Penelope's had this from the beginning. She must be planning something big, or she'd have wiped Kirika out by now" Tails mused.
 
"I'll tribute The Agent of Creation - Venus to bring out Zaborg the Thunder Monarch." Kirika said, as the Monarch replaced Venus. "Heard of this one, Penelope?"
"On summoning, Zaborg destroys one monster on the field." Penelope said as her monster was wiped off the field.
 
"With that, I'll switch my monsters back into attack mode."
"And I attack." Kirika grinned.
Penelope sweat dropped as Kirika's monsters pounded away at her lifepoints <400>
 
With this sudden change, the whole crowd stood up and looked down in shock at the events taking place, even most of the Freedom Fighters had their jaws hit the floor.
 
"Holy hell!" Knuckles said.
"You said it Knux, that Kirika is packing some serious heat and strategy in her deck." Sonic added.
 
Penelope stood, and after composing herself, just looked at Kirika and said coldly, "Done?"
"You've got some serious work to do if you plan on beating me now, next move, you die." Kirika said pointing at Penelope. "Your title will be mine; your dragons will be mine!"
"Bah, you wish. I've had this since the beginning, and I still have it."
"You're lying, you've had this lost the moment I was able to strike you, but if you believe you've won, so be it, show me. My turn is over and soon, your reign of duellist abolishing will follow." Kirika said, passing the duel on.
 
Sonic looked at Tails. "You seriously tell us Penelope has this won?" He asked.
 
Penelope just laughed as she drew her card.
 
Tails pointed at Penelope. "She thinks so."
"This is crazy!" Knuckles yelled gripping his head. "Hitomi's gonna get butt munched no matter who wins this duel." Hitomi narrowed her eyes.
"Thanks for that, Knucklehead, I'll kick your ass later..." She said, lamely.
 
"You said you wanted to see how I could win this, right Kirika?" Penelope taunted.
"Get on with it, you cocky girl..." Kirika said, narrowing her eyes.
Penelope shrugged. "If you insist, but you might want to forfeit now, save yourself the embarrassment of coming sooo close to beating the champion, and then to have your ass handed to you at your moment of victory."
"You are as stupid as you are arrogant, and damn that is stupid. If you think I'll surrender from a mere pathetic taunt, think again." Kirika growled.
"Fine, your funeral. I'll play the spell card Ancient Rules, which allows me to special summon one level 5 or higher normal monster from my hand. I'll pick Azrael, the last of my Blue Eyes. Come forth my great dragon!!" the last of Penelope's Blue Eyes appeared on the field, roaring at Kirika's army of monsters
"If you think she's nasty, check this out. I'll play the spell card Dragon's Mirror, which allows me to remove from play any monsters needed to make a dragon-type fusion monster. Can you guess what it is?"
"Was wondering when you'd pull that out..." Kirika muttered.
"Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint you. Say hello to the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon!!" Penelope cheered as her great 3-headed dragon appeared on the field with the loudest roar, shattering some of the windows around the arena, before it settled on the field. (4500/3800)
The crowd let out the typical awe to this dragon's appearance.
 
"So, that's the Ultimate Dragon." Sonic said.
"Shadow would kill for that." Silver said.
"Anyone would kill for that." Tikal corrected.
 
"But it isn't over yet Kirika. There's one more move I need to do." Penelope said.
 
"I think we're about to see what she had planned from the beginning" Tails said excitedly.
"Wait, what?" Sonic asked. "You mean, she's got more?"
Hiei looked from the sidelines. "So, here it comes...it's about time it was shown." He grinned.
 
"Come on, you've had your embarrassing moment, give up and hand over the dragons already." Kirika narrowed her eyes.
"You'll never have the Blue-Eyes Kirika, you could never handle their power. And now, witness the most powerful dragon ever created!! I'll tribute the awesome Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, in order to summon the all powerful Blue Eyes Shining Dragon!!" The great dragon disappeared, and in its place came what appeared to be a normal Blue-Eyes, but with an almost machine like appearance. (3000/2500)
 
"What in the-" Kirika was actually stunned with amazement at the Dragon, as were all the jaw dropped crowd. Sonic and all Freedom Fighters, save for Tails, were equally stunned.
 
Hiei smirked. "Goodbye, Kirika. You won't be missed." He then faded into the shadows.
 
"Witness the almighty strength of the Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon. For with every dragon in my graveyard, he gains 300 attack points. And as I count five, that's 4500. The same as my ultimate dragon I know, but Shining Dragon comes with a little guarantee of being virtually immortal." Penelope taunted.
"And that being..?" Kirika questioned.
Penelope smiled. "He's immune to all spells, traps, and monster effects. So, the only way you're going to beat him is by bringing out that card you beat Cream with. Think you can?"
"Immune to all spells, monsters, and trap effects?" Kirika asked. "You lie."
"Try me. Shining Dragon, attack her Zaborg, get revenge for your fallen brethren!!"
Kirika covered herself as Zaborg was vanquished in seconds. <6000>
"Crap...not good, I need to do something, and quickly." Kirika said to herself.
Penelope grinned smugly as her dragon returned to her side. "Now, I'll set a face-down and end my turn."
 
Kirika drew her card. "This is useless to me...oh well, I'll switch all my monsters into defence and set one monster." she said.
"Yes Kirika" Penelope applauded. "You do that. I'll eradicate every single one on my move."
"You're letting power get to your head." Kirika said. "My turn is over."
 
"On the contrary," Penelope retorted as she drew her card, "I just know what I'm doing. I'll summon Horus, the Black Flame Dragon, LV4" (1600/1000)
"And then, I'll activate my facedown, Return from the Different Dimension, which lets me bring back as many monsters that were removed from play as I can, all I have to do is pay half my lifepoints" Penelope smiled as her 3 Blue Eyes returned to the field as her lifepoints were cut in half <200>
"Not good..." Kirika uttered.
"Now my monsters, attack and destroy her pathetic defences!!" Horus charged at Gallenduo, while Ibris, Djibril and Azrael, the three mighty Blue-Eyes, charged the 3 remaining monsters.
With that, the defences were gone.
"And now, Shining Dragon, show us your might! Attack her directly!"
Kirika took the blow directly, the beam was so fast and strong, she was knocked back and her head cracked against the floor hard. <1500>
 
Knuckles grinned widely. "Yeah! Feel the pain!" He cheered.
"Knuckles, that's not nice, she looks really hurt." Tikal said.
"Who cares?" Knuckles asked.
 
"And I think I'll end my turn there." Penelope said, her voice with a hint of amusement. As the needle spun to Kirika to signify the change in turn, Penelope's Horus disappeared, and was replaced by a deadlier looking creature, and Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon grew in size, as did his attack points. Her Blue-Eyes, having only been brought back for one turn, were once again removed from play.
 
Kirika opened her eyes a little, looking around.
It was at this time that paramedics came in to check that she was okay. Kirika was lifted up, the back of her head split and bleeding.
"I don't think she's fit enough to continue." One of the medics said aloud.
"Sod you..." Kirika said. "Get me back to that stage, this ends, and it ends now." Kirika was escorted over to the arena.
"Kirika, it has ended. I win, just give up already. Horus went to the graveyard to summon his level 6 version (2300/1600) and that's given Shining Dragon a total of 4800 attack points. Just quit, there's nothing you can do."
"Maybe not, but I never quit, I'm not allowed to quit...I'll never surrender...never..." Kirika protested, though her consciousness was clearly wavering.
She weakly drew her card, then looked at her hand and smiled. "Well, one last stand can't hurt..." She said.
Penelope shook her head and folded her arms. "Get on with it then."
Kirika placed a monster in attack on the field, and followed it up with a spell. "There, my turn ends now...I just summoned The Agent of Wisdom - Mercury and equipped it with Black Pendant." (500/1700) "You're move." Kirika said, closing her eyes.
 
Penelope smiled. "I gotta hand it to you Kirika...you're better than I thought you were. Playing the Black Pendant, a nice touch. I attack, you run out of lifepoints, but Black Pendant takes away the rest of mine."
"Well...you could not attack, and I'll end it next turn anyway..." Kirika said weakly.
"Or..." Penelope drew "I could end it now with my victory. I'll play the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy your Aegis."
"Oh well...worth a shot..." Kirika then collapsed, with the Medics behind her, making sure she didn't hurt herself further, the match ended. <0>
 
Penelope put her deck in her pocket and walked over to where Kirika lay. "You weren't half bad Kirika. One day, you might be able to match me if I play my hardest. One day.." She then turned and walked off.
Tails narrowed her eyes. "I gotta tune down some of the effects of that machine...People are actually getting hurt...."
"That blue eyes chick is cocky, there's no way she toyed with Kirika the whole time." Silver moaned.
"She's just arrogant." Rouge said.
"Is that what you think?" Penelope asked from behind them suddenly.
Rouge looked over her shoulder and then walked over bravely. "Yup, you're arrogant A.R.R.O.G.A.N.T...Arroooogggaaannnt..." She said in her face.
"You can't say that she didn't have you panicking at all." Silver also added.
Penelope smiled. "I'll admit, I was a little worried when she attacked me, it wasn't expected. Just because I'm the champion doesn't mean I don't get nervous in a duel."
"And damn you move fast to get up here so quickly, did you run?" Knuckles added his two cents.
She turned to Knuckles. "Asking in case I wanted to see you so badly? Dream on."
"Ahh, I wouldn't want a bitch like you anyway." Knuckles said placing his hands behind his head.
Penelope shrugged, and looked at Cream, who had been strangely silent throughout the duel. "Hey kiddo."
"Please...um...leave me alone..." Cream said as she hid behind Hitomi, who looked at Penelope with a curious anger in her eyes.
Penelope nodded and turned to walk away. "I was just going to say...keep duelling. You're better than that amateur was." She then left the Freedom Fighters to their own.
 
After Penelope departed into her "champion" room, the rest of the group sighed.
"Well, looks like we only have two chances to take her out..." Sonic said.
"Yeah, on the assumption that Tails defeats that Vax guy.” Silver said.
“I already told you, that strange fox and rabbit have killed him...” Blaze said.
“Huh?” Silver questioned. “Oh yeah...So, Tails gets a bye now, meaning Penelope and Hitomi go straight back into the duel.”
“So, Hitomi's turn to be wiped out, huh?” Rouge said jokingly.
“Why is everyone being such a jerk about this, I can't lose to anyone, it's forbidden...Hermana is at risk and I'm not losing her as well.”
“As well?” Tikal questioned.
“Hermana...has a twin...Her name is Petal, she exists with Hiei and his clan as well, she was taken from me by Hiei shortly after I gave birth to her, however, I managed to protect Hermana from him.” Hitomi explained.
“I see, so you have two sisters.” Cream said.
“Yeah...And they're both precious to me, more precious than that arrogant pigheaded brother of mine...” Hitomi replied, gritting her teeth.
 
At that moment, Pegasus walked in.
“I think I'm going to have to complicate things a little.” He said. Everyone looked in his direction.
“What? What do you mean?” Sonic asked.
“Well, with Hitomi having a bye, and Tails opponent Vax also being out of the picture, thus giving Tails a bye, it'd skip two important duels and Penelope would be forced back down into the arena.” Pegasus said.
“That'd be a good thing, she'd be beaten from exhaustion.” Silver grinned, batting his fist into his palm.
“As much as I'd like to see our world champions evil and heartless reign of destruction end, I simply cannot be unfair to people. So...something has to be done to make the duel that will be missed.” Pegasus replied.
“Well, I was the one who duelled Vax last, maybe I should duel in his replace.” Blaze offered.
“But you're eliminated, young Blaze, it simply would not be fare.” Pegasus countered.
 
“I have a suggestion.” Everyone looked to the door, to see Hermana in a black robe walk in, her hair was slightly neater than usual and her ponytail was oddly three times its original size, just barely dragging on the floor.
“Hermana!” Cream called as she ran over, only to have `Hermana' push her back, on her ass, thus making her cry.
“Hermana! How could you do that?!” Amy yelled as she walked over to help Cream up.
“She's not Hermana...” Hitomi said, she seemed slightly stunned in her own way.
“No, I'm not Hermana. My name is Petal. And I have a solution to your problem.” She said. “You don't have to have any byes, have Hitomi and Tails duel in this duel, that way, you still have only the competition playing, no unfair rules and it makes the next duel the last one.” Petal suggested.
“That's stupid, that means one of them gets eliminated and we have less chance of putting down that Blue eyes chick.” Silver complained.
“To be honest, none of you can stand the power of Penelope's Blue Eye's arsenal, she is far to skilled, strong and strategic than the lot of you put together.” Petal countered. “So I say make it fair, and get your defeats over with.” With this, Petal lifted her cloak over her head and walked out of the room. Everyone turned to Hitomi.
“Your little sister is a bitch.” Amy said.
“She did have a point though, the next duel is Tails and Hitomi, I shall go an announce it.” Pegasus followed suit and left the room.
"Stupid tournament's giving me a headache." Tails said, taking the blue side of the field, leaving Hitomi with the red side.
"You and me both. Let's just get this over with." Hitomi replied.
"And, for the sake of pain and cruelty of this machine, let's have a friendly duel, I'm sick and tired of those annoying 'let's mock and criticize on bad moves and crap players.' junk that everyone does..." Tails added.
"Agreed. We're both good duellists, we don't need to try and belittle each other."
The needle span as the girls slotted their decks and drew 5 cards each.
The needle landed on Tails, who drew a sixth card.
 
"Me first for once. Well, might as well make a good show." Tails said. "Hm...What do we have here..." She muttered as she scanned her hand.
"I hope it's something good Tails" Hitomi encouraged.
"Okay, 3 cards face down and Infernal Dragon to start things off." Tails said, as her dragon hit the field. (2000/0) "You're move"
 
"That's not too bad." Hitomi said as she drew her sixth. "I'll set a monster and place 4 face-downs. Your move."
 
"Hm, one monster face down and I'll end my turn." Tails said. '4 face downs won't be good, I need to be careful.' She thought.
 
"I'll tribute my face-down monster for another face-down and activate my trap card Ultimate Offering. I'll then pay 500 lifepoints to summon my Kaiser Sea Horse (1700/1650) and end my turn." Hitomi said as her monster appeared on the field, brandishing his spear aggressively.
 
Tails drew her card.
"Okay, one monster set and I'll use your trap to summon Cyber Falcon." Tails said, as a card and the Falcon appeared on the field.
(1400/1200) <7500>
"And, with this, I'll attack with Cyber Falcon." Tails continued.
Hitomi watched as Tail's bird dove for her face-down, and continued to watch as it was blasted back by a sudden bolt of lightning as Sanga of the Thunder appeared (2600/2200).
"No big deal." Tails said.<6700> "I suppose you'll explain how you tributed Sanga with one monster."
Simple. Sanga's a light monster. I just had another Kaiser Sea Horse down." Hitomi explained as she held up the discarded monster from her graveyard.
Well, you're other sea horse is going bye bye, I'll attack using my Infernal Dragon." Tails said.
"I was hoping you would. I activate my trap card, Draining Shield!" Hitomi replied as a shield of energy surrounded her horse.
"I'll activate my trap card, Trap Jammer. Sorry, but no go." Tails countered.
"Damn." Hitomi cursed as her monster was obliterated <7200>
"Nice move Tails. But it's not over just yet." Hitomi said as the dragon settled back on Tails' side of the field.
"I'm not going to be as easy as your normal competition, Hitomi." Tails smiled.
"I would hope not. I'm getting bored with wiping the floor with Silver and Knucklehead." Hitomi grinned.
 
"HEY!! That's not cool!" Silver yelled.
"Just you wait!" Knuckles added.
"You know she's right though." mused Sonic.
Cream couldn't help but giggle.
 
Well, I think I'll use another face down, Ruthless Denial, I can remove a monster I control, my face down Cyberdark Edge will do, and remove a random card from your hand to the grave." Tails continued.
Hitomi held up her hand. "Which one then Tails?" she asked.
"It's called random for a reason." Tails replied.
Hitomi shrugged, turned her cards face-down and shuffled before picking one. She looked back at her hand after she had discarded one. 'Not so bad...might actually help me out somewhat.' she thought.
"That ends my turn." Tails said. "And by its rules, my Infernal Dragon on the end phase is destroyed, unless I sacrifice a monster I control to save him, so my Cyber Falcon will suffice."
 
"Shame he won't be around for long." Hitomi said as she drew. "I'll switch my Sanga to attack mode, and I'll attack your dragon."
Tails shrugged as the dragon was destroyed.
"That's me done for now."
 
Hitomi drew. "I'll activate the spell card Nobleman of Crossout to remove the monster you just set from play, then I'll attack again with Sanga!"
"Hm, such a shame." Tails said. Her expression was one of that of worried, but the tone in her voice just didn't back it up.
Sanga charged at Tails' face-down monster, Hitomi looking anxious as he did so.
Tails monster was destroyed, and Tails lifted her hand up to her chin, seemingly worried.
"It's your move now Tails." Hitomi said, breathing a sigh of relief.
 
Tails drew her card and a smile struck her face.
"Something helpful?" inquired Hitomi.
"Yes." Tails smiled happily. "I'll summon Cyberdark Keel." (800/800)
"Um...what does he do?"
"Oh nothing." Tails smiled happily.
"Now, I'm going to use my Overload Fusion." Tails said, holding up the card.
"Remove from play, from your side of the field or your Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a DARK Machine-Type Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that 1 Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck." Tails read the card.
"So, I'll remove my Cyberdark Keel, Horn and Edge and by doing so, I'll summon Cyberdark Dragon." The Dragon then exploded from the ground behind Tails and hovered high in the air.
(1000/1000)
"That's...not so bad." Hitomi said
"Nah, seems a waste, huh?" Tails questioned.
"If anyone else had played it, I might think so, but with you Tails I know that this is going to hurt." Hitomi smiled.
"Well, that's true, because his ability allows him to burrow through my graveyard and take a dragon type monster." Tails said as the Cyberdark dragon flew with a crash into Tails graveyard.
CLANK! CLANK! CLANK! CLANK! CLANK!
With that, the Dragon burst back out of the graveyard, holding Infernal Dragon.
"Nice choice, Cyberdark." Tails said smiling. (3100/1000)
"That....isn't good." Hitomi said sadly.
"True, it's not good." Tails said. "I'd attack, but I know about your cursed Sanga. I'll end my turn here."
 
'This isn't good' Hitomi thought as she drew her card. 'She won't attack, she knows the effects of the trinity, but even if I find a way to get more attack points, it'll just bring back its equip..'
She looked at her hand. "That's it!" she exclaimed.
"Find something?" Tails asked.
"Maybe. We'll have to see. But for now, I'll summon my Unshaven Angler (1500/1600) in attack mode." The ugly fish appeared in front of Hitomi.
"And by paying 500 Lifepoints, I'll tribute it to summon my Suijin to the field (2500/2400)" she continued.
<6700>
"Then, I'll pay another 1000 lifepoints to repeat the same move, tributing my Unshaven Angler to summon another Suijin!" <5700> she exclaimed as yet another monster came to her side, her field looking almost impregnable with her Sanga of the Thunder (2600/2200) and her 2 Suijin (2500/2400).
Tails narrowed her eyes.
"I think I know how to beat that dragon of yours Tails, but until I can pull it off, you'll have to get by my monsters before you can do anything." Hitomi said.
"Fair enough." Tails shrugged.
"There's not a lot I can do now, so it's your turn." Hitomi nodded
 
Tails drew her card. "Okay, in two turns, I'm gonna play seriously." she said.
"You mean you haven't been?" Hitomi asked incredulously.
"Nah, I've just been going with it, but you're starting to bug me with those effects. However, gonna just string it out a little longer. I'm going to use my spell card, Future Fusion." Tails said.
"Oh no you don't, I know exactly what you're planning. I use the trap card Magic Jammer!!" Hitomi countered.
"Oh, that's a pain in the ass."
"Well, my turn is over, then." Tails said.
 
Hitomi drew, and silently cheered. "Time to get rid of your dragon Tails." she said confidently.
"I doubt that, but carry on." Tails said.
"Well you see, I figured out your monsters weakness." Hitomi said. "See, it's powerful when it has another monster to leech power from, but if I destroy that monster...with say, Mystical Space Typhoon.." she said as Infernal Dragon was blasted away, and Cyberdark Dragon shrunk drastically.
"Oh, my poor poor poor poor dragon." Tails placed a hand on her head, the palm in the air. "Whatever shall I do." She said, then giggled. "Well, keep going then."
"Well, seeing as your dragon now only has 1200 points, my Suijin can easily destroy it." Hitomi continued, a little annoyed by Tails reaction, as Suijin sent a powerful blast of water at the now weakened Cyberdark Dragon.
As the water covered Cyberdark Dragon, a radiant force came and formed a barrier around it, protecting it.
"What the...damn, a trap!" Hitomi moaned.
"Radiant Mirror Force...Newly added to my deck, very nice card." Tails said.
"It can only be activated if you control 3 or more attack position monsters, and then works like Mirror force. So, your cards can go to the skip." Tails giggled.
"Crap!" Hitomi cursed as Suijin's attack was blasted back by the shield around Cyberdark Dragon and her other 2 monsters were destroyed. "Nice play Tails. I'm impressed."
"Naturally." Tails said, with a bow. "Now, continue."
"I'll set one monster and end." Hitomi said dejectedly.
 
Tails drew her card. "Hm, I'll tribute my reduced Cyberdark Dragon, for Cyber Dragon." (2100/1600) Tails said, as the monster was replaced.
 
"YEAH!! GO TAILS!!" shouted Knuckles from the stands.
"Kick her ass!" applauded Silver.
 
From the sides, Petal looked down on the duel. "Brother was wrong about you..." She said. "You're not talented, you're just a cheating hack..." Hiei walked out of the shadows.
"Hitomi has her ways, Young Petal, don't underestimate her abilities. Tails is quite formidable herself."
"They both suck...this duel is pointless. None of them can stand up to Penelope, not like you, Brother Hiei." Petal replied.
 
Back down on the floor, Hitomi was getting impatient. "Come on Tails, make your move. There's a lot left to be done before either of us walk away."
"This is true." Tails replied. "But my overly sensitive ears are hearing mocks and annoying taunts..." Tails then sighed.
"Think it's about time I went on the offensive, so attack Cyber Dragon!" Tails issued her attack.
When Cyber Dragon attacked, Hitomi's face-down Man-Eater Bug struck back, destroying Tails's dragon before going to the graveyard itself.
"I won't be beaten that easily Tails, you know what I have at stake." Hitomi explained.
"Oh well." Tails shrugged. "Well, your turn."
 
Hitomi drew. "Okay, here's where I start making my move. I activate the spell card Autonomous Action Unit, which lets me pick a monster from your graveyard and special summon it to my side of the field, in exchange for 1500 lifepoints." <4200> Hitomi said, as the just destroyed Cyber Dragon (2100/1600) appeared again, this time for Hitomi.
"Then, I pay another 800 to bring back my Sanga of the Thunder (2600/2200) with Premature Burial. <3400> Now my monsters, attack her directly!!"
"This is going to hurt..." Tails said. Then she was struck and knocked on her ass. <2000>
 
"No way!" Silver cried out!
"Nice. In one move, Hitomi just pretty much evened things out." commented Sonic.
"But...we want Tails to win!" complained Knuckles.
Cream remained silent. 'I don't know who I want to win...' she thought to herself miserably.
 
"Are you alright Tails?!" Hitomi called out anxiously as her monsters returned to her side.
"Ouch..." Tails rubbed her backside as she stood up. "Must tune down this damn machine."
Hitomi grinned. "You're just too good a mechanic Tails" she said happily.
"Well, we know who's taking the champ on." Tails replied.
Hitomi shook her head. "Not yet we don't. You could pull it back in one move. You have done before."
"I don't think so." Tails said, stretching. "I tend to get lucky, that's all."
"Well, we'll see. It's your move anyway."
 
Tails drew her Card.
"Oh well, I pass." Tails said.
 
Hitomi drew the last card. "It was a good duel Tails, you're a good opponent. Sanga, finish the duel." she said as she declared her attack.
"Everyone goes for the overkill." Tails narrowed her eyes, just before she was stuck, the duel ended. <0>
 
Petal huffed in disgust. "What a pathetic duel that was." She said.
"Well, my point about Hitomi is across I take it?" Hiei questioned.
"Not a bit, that stupid girl will be wiped by Penelope in minutes, no doubt about it."
"We will see...we will see." Hiei said.
"Pathetic" said Petal as she and Hiei left the arena stands. As they walked out, a young girl ran into Petal and giggled an apology. "I'm sorry" she smiled up at the two.
Petal angrily grabbed the girl by the collar.
"Why don't you watch where you're going?" She said, right in her face.
"I s-said I was sorry" the small girl whimpered.
"Easy, Young Petal." Hiei said, touching her shoulder. "Let her go." And Petal did. "Your name, girl?" Hiei asked.
"K-Kiama" she said as she looked up at Hiei. "Oh, oh no no no!" she cried as she realised her deck had fallen out of her pocket when Petal had grabbed her, and quickly bent down to pick it up.
Petal decided to freak the girl out. She lifted her hand and all the cards that Kiama hadn't picked up flew to it in a painful rush. Petal then proceeded to look through what she gathered.
Kiama looked at Petal in fright. "P-please don't take them, my brother gave them to me, he's teaching me how to play!!" she said softly.
"With this?!" Petal said in disgust. "This deck is a pile of crap... Not worth my time anyway." Petal then threw the deck in the air and proceeded to walk off.
Hiei extended his arm and the same thing happened, the deck returned to his hand unharmed, he gave it a quick shuffle and passed it to Kiama.
Kiama smiled up at Hiei and gave him a hug. "Thank you Mr, I don't know what I'd do without my deck."
"Do excuse her, she's in a bad mood." He said, his tone emotionless. "Don't cross her path again, she won't be as generous." He then placed his hands in his pocket and looked at her, waiting for her to regain her composure.
"It's okay, my brother would teach her a lesson anyway. He's the best duellist ever!" Kiama boasted proudly as she looked around.
Hiei got on one knee and took her by the chin, though not in a threatening or nasty way, but to make her look at him. "Is that so..?" He asked.
"Y-yes, h-he would beat that m-meanie easily" Kiama stuttered, now more terrified of Hiei than she had been of Petal.
Hiei narrowed his eyes, now he looked nasty. "I wouldn't place so much faith in something he's not challenged." Hiei said. "I also wouldn't boast his ability as widely as you, it will bring him unwanted attention. Heed my warning, little Kiama, and tell your brother as well, we are the Shadow Clan, We are Merciless and Ruthless, Get in our way and you'll pay for it. You will pay with your honour, with your deck, or with your soul." Hiei then let Kiama go and stood to tower her. "My advice to you is to steer clear away from our business, we won't hold anything back." With that Hiei walked away.
"You know something." Kiama called after him. "YOU'RE A MEANIE TOO!" she screamed.
Hiei stopped and looked over his shoulder with a cunning grin. "You have no idea." And then he continued on.