Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Shadow Clan ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18: The Shadow Clan.
 
Hitomi and Sonic walked into the room, Hitomi getting her congratulations for a job well done, but it was short lived as everyone still wanted some answers. Hitomi held up her hands. "I can't answer a million questions at once. I don't really want to answer any, in all fairness." she said.
"Not an option." Silver said. "You mentioned Hermana is in danger."
"Indeed, we need to know what's going on, or we can't help you, Hitomi." Tails added.
"While I appreciate the effort....you don't need to be involved." Hitomi shrugged.
"Don't you think it's a little late for that?" Rouge asked.
"Yeah, that damned robot nearly beat me." Knuckles said, punching his hands together.
"Fine." Hitomi sighed. "I'll tell you everything.." Everyone let Hitomi get some air and sit down, she then began to explain everything. "Where do I begin, that's the question..."
"The beginning would probably be the best idea." said Knuckles.
"But where significantly could you call the beginning..." Hitomi questioned.
"Tell us about Hiei." said Cream as she sat in front of Hitomi, almost like she was being read a story.
"Hiei is a complicated story, he was cast out of our family as an infant, right along the time I came along." Hitomi said. "How he survived the harsh conditions is a mystery to even himself. As he aged, he came across the game, but the person he had met went by the name Phen. Phen taught him the game and what he needed to do in order to get up from where he was. Hiei quickly adapted to the game and shortly after surpassed Phen." Hitomi paused. "I met him for the first time, a few days after Hermana and Petal were born. My mother had vanished into nowhere and I was left to take care of them. My father wanted them for his own selfish, filthy greed. I did my best to escape him, and when I got out of hid fortress, I was caught, but Hiei came from nowhere...
 
"He battled off my father, but instead of being the hero I thought him to be, her turned out to be worse, he snatched Petal from me and attempted to take Hermana as well, however, I managed to evade him enough that Hermana stay with me." Hitomi placed her cheek in her palm. "After I escaped, I had to keep moving, of risk of being caught by someone, either my father or Hiei. I found out that shortly after Hiei took Petal, he formed a group called the Shadow Clan, and it quickly became the dark underground duelling gang. They travelled all over seeking duellist. If the duellist was worthy, they'd be taken under the name, if not, they were slaughtered, their decks were prized and their souls trapped within the coins they use to seal away unworthy and worthy duellists alike. Sometimes a worthy duellist would not accept to join, so they shared the same fate as those unworthy." Hitomi explained.
"That's....that's just wrong." spluttered Silver.
"It's the law of the Duel of Nyte..." Hitomi said.
"But it's mean!" Cream pouted.
"Somehow I don't think they care Cream." Knuckles said, throwing her a glare.
"So, this Shadow Clan of his, are the relentless to anyone?" Tails asked.
"No. Woman and children are beyond help by the time a duellist of Shadow Clan get to them. If they have a deck, they are a target, and a target must be purged or converted." Hitomi said.
"So what happens to the ones who get trapped in the coins?" asked Silver nervously.
"That depends." Hitomi said.
"On?"
"The moment you are taken into the coin, you're body is left soulless, thus it's just left to be done with in whatever manner, it'd be like you're comatose." Hitomi explained. "Usually, Shadows don't leave evidence and the body is taken to be done with as the shadows like."
"Yeah...really don't like the sound of that." muttered Knuckles.
"Usually the body is abandoned or locked away, but there is one, maybe two members who find a use for females."
Cream shuddered. "How horrid!" she exclaimed. Sonic put his arm around her.
"Don't worry Cream, it won't happen to you." he comforted her.
"And what of you, Hitomi." Tikal said. "You evaded the Shadows and your father, clearly."
"Not quite. My birthplace was surrounded by endless deserts of sand and barren wastelands..." Hitomi said.
"And I had started out with no food, no water..."
"So how did you survive? You must have found something." said Tails
"Well, no, I didn't find something, someone found me, I had collapsed after so long, yet when I awoke, I was in the care of a young girl, a few years younger than myself." Hitomi said. "However, it wasn't her who found me, it was one known as Nazaruda."
"Well that was lucky." said Cream.
"Just a tad, the little girl, is the one you know of as Kirika." Hitomi said.
Cream looked down at the floor suddenly.
"o-oh."
"Something wrong, Cream?" Hitomi asked.
"Nothing...." Cream replied.
"What do you mean nothing, she obliterated you remember, you ran off crying!" said Silver. This earned him a nice hard slap from Tails and a glare from Sonic.
"Slightly harsh, no?" Hitomi questioned, giving an equal glare.
Silver scratched the back of his head and blushed. "It sounded better in my head....."
"Believe it or not, Kirika used to be just as sweet as little Cream here."
This got everyone looking surprised. "Say what?!" exclaimed Knuckles.
"Kirika was a kind hearted shy little girl." Hitomi said. "She was polite, rarely used insults, was able to cry and couldn't mock to save her life."
"So what happened?" asked Cream, her voice sounding worried.
"What do you care Cream, she's a bitch!" said Silver, earning him another slap round the head.
"Nazaruda." Hitomi said. "He is...influential, to say the least."
"He's another Hiei, isn't he?" asked Sonic.
"He's worse than Hiei..." Hitomi lowered her head.
"How can anyone be worse than that creep?" asked Tikal, more to herself than anyone else.
"Hiei at least shows some compassion, mercy and honour. If he's defeated, then he admits it and improves his ability for the rematch." Hitomi said, lifting her head again. "Nazaruda couldn't care less, unless you prove of some worth, you're doomed, win or lose."
Tikal looked at Hitomi. "That doesn't sound good."
"So where is this guy now Hitomi?" asked Sonic, trying to change the subject a little.
"No one knows, when I met him, he was simply a meagre member of the group who found me." Hitomi said. "They are Rexchu's, and their Leader, Zeak. Or used to be, anyway..."
"Used to be?" asked Sonic.
"I stayed in the company of Rexchu's long enough to become a member, one job they had been issued to do was destroy a military building of one of the most influential group of duellists ever, Tucas." Hitomi said. "I was used as a spotlight, telling our bomber where to get in, from there, she was able to blow the place up on instant and escape."
"But she was fast...and I mean really fast. She set a timer for 4 seconds and still got out before it collapsed on her. And she set it in the most vulnerable points of the building, being near the top and in the centre, she escaped through a window near the base of it and it was an extremely tall building, we were stunned to tell the least."
"She got scolded for 'wanting a little challenge.'" Hitomi said.
"Shadow eat yer heart out...." muttered Sonic.
"Huh?" Hitomi questioned, looking at Sonic.
Sonic shook his head. "Ah nothing, don't mind me. What happened next?"
"Well, Kirika returned to us and having a job done, we left." Hitomi said. "This upset Tucas beyond nothing else, and thus began a war amongst 4 groups. I had Hermana to look after, so I ran away from Rexchus, but I got lost in the building."
"Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second," interrupted Silver, raising his hands. "You're saying there was some duelling war? Surely SOME-ONE would have heard of it?"
"It was covered up, the explosion of the building was on the news as a gas leak, and the duelling war was covered up as a large unofficial tournament." Hitomi said. "It was also about 6 or 7 years ago."
"Oh.....I guess that explains it..." Silver said as he went to sulk in a corner.
"Rat bag..." Hitomi said. "Anyhow, as I said, I got lost in the compound. I came across something I did not want to see, the two youngest members and Nazaruda were in one room, looked like a laboratory of some sort, the girls were unconscious, and he seemed to be...experimenting on them..." "Experimenting?!" Cream cried out, a little too loudly.
"Yes, experimenting, he was using them as life test tubes let's say, his illegal research had to be shut down by the military, Nazaruda got away with it however, as he and Rexchu's were marked as Terrorists. Zaek was not happy that Nazaruda was treating Kirika and the other girl like he was. He helped Kirika to escape, though the other girl was placed, by the Military, in a frozen status, only freed to birth a child, who was placed behind military doors." Hitomi said. "Nazaruda was not happy that Zaek freed Kirika, and a fight accrued, Nazaruda victorious and Zaek was murdered, Kirika was later found, having just also given birth to a child..." Hitomi explained.
"That's horrible..." gasped Cream, covering her mouth in horror. "How can someone do something like that?"
"Nazaruda took over Rexchus and found the prototype child birthed by the other girl, she was taken and raised along with the other, however the Military succeeded in keeping the girl in frozen hibernation. By this time, I had already made my escape, I was found by the Shadow Clan." Hitomi continued. "They forced me to work with them and I refused at first and made a temporary escape, long enough to at least get Hermana to a safe place."
"When I first met you and beat Silver, I was a part of the Shadow Clan."
"Hmph!" was Silver's reply.
"So where's Hermana now?" asked Tails, now ignoring Silver while he sulked.
"Many things happened in between then and now, but Hermana had no idea I was a part of them. I escaped twice until finally I decided to be one of them of my own will, since Rexchus and my father were still out there, if I had to be one of them, I took my chances with Hiei." Hitomi continued, ignoring Silver. "Then I challenged Silver and when I returned...well, I was assaulted and thrown out."
"I don't remember the reason why, but Hermana brought me to you, then came the situation at this tournament. I located 3 people, each from my father's group, Arishon, Rexchus and of course, my brother."
"Then, when I decided to quit the tournament to take care of Hermana, Hiei came and defeated me in a duel and threw me out the window...when I got back to the room, Hermana was gone. The last thing Hiei said was about me needing to win to see her again."
"We have to find her!" exclaimed Cream, standing and looking at the others. "We can't let him keep Hitomi from her sister!"
"Indeed, this is exactly why we need to help you." Sonic agreed.
"Why are we all just standing around then?" asked Silver suddenly.
"Waiting for the announcement of the next fight, duh." Amy said, rolling her eyes.
"You know what I meant!" said Silver, glaring at Amy.
The announcer finally came out. "Will Cyberfox Tails and Eggman please report to the duelling arena!" He said.
"Alright Tails," said Sonic, patting her on the shoulder encouragingly. "Scramble him!"
"No problem, I have plans for this duel." Tails said as she walked out.
 
Tails walked out from her side of the field. 'So, Facing Dr Robotnik...he won't be easy, but I must do my best.' Robotnik walks out from his side of the field in his Eggwalker and takes his position, looking over at Tails
"Hello, Eggbutt." Tails insulted. "So, you have 3 chaos emeralds, huh?"
"I think you know the answer to that, Foxgirl. How would you like to experience them first hand like the others?" Robotnik countered.
"Like I could say no, and even if I did you wouldn't listen, however, I dare you to wager the chaos emeralds this duel." Tails said.
"That confident huh?" Robotnik's walker then shot out some wires, connecting to the arena as before. "We'll see how you are after this, Foxgirl."
Tails draws 5 cards. "Seriously, wager the chaos emeralds on this duel and i'll not complain about you using their power to try and slaughter me unconscious."
Robotnik also draws 5 cards. "Fine, but I hope you don't expect to actually win, would be a lot less painful for you if you just forfeited now."
"Yeah, well cowards always want their enemies to surrender, and Sonic has enough work cut out for him without having to kick your butt again." Tails said, the needle began spinning as the duel began, Tails was trembling a little, but it was hardly noticeable. The needle stops on Robotnik.
Robotnik draws another card "and what do I get if I win this wager, foxgirl?"
Tails shrugs. "What do you want?"
"Your deck." Robotnik grins.
Tails then seemed to freeze, looking toward Eggman, she looked up to Sonic.
Sonic simply nodded, Tails looked back. "Fine."
 
Amy pressed against the window.
"She can't!" She said.
"I have faith in her." Sonic said.
 
"It's your move, so move." Tails said.
"I'll place this card in defence, and now you can move, foxgirl."
How unexpected... Tails thought, drawing a card. 'Well, no matter.' "Since there is a monster on your side of the field and not mine, My Cyber Dragon is special summoned from my hand." Tails said as Cyber Dragon appeared. (2100/1600)
"I'll now summon Cyberdark Keel by her side." And the Keel appeared. (800/800) "Cyber Dragon, attack his face down!" Tails ordered.
Shining angel appeared and then was destroyed. (1400/800) "Since my angel was destroyed, I get to summon a card on my field, and I choose my W-wing catapult." (1300/1500)
"One card face down and i'll end my turn." Tails said.
Robotnik draws. "I'll summon V-tiger jet." (1600/1800) "And now, I will combine them to form my VW-Tiger catapult." Robotnik's Jet and Catapult then combines. (2000/2100) "And now I'll use his effect to change your Cyber Dragon into defence mode, then strike him with tiger catapult, destroy it!"
Robotnik discards a card from his hand as it charges. Tails watches as her Dragon is destroyed. "And now I end, take your move, foxgirl"
Tails drew her card. "I'll use Creature Swap and exchange my Cyberdark Keel for your VW-Tiger Catapult." Tails said.
"Grr..." VX-tiger catapult swaps with Cyberdark keel.
"Now I'll attack Cyberdark Keel with your Catapult." Tails said.
"One lucky move won't save you, foxgirl." Robotnik Hissed. (6800)
"Strategy is more like it." Tails said. "One monster face down and end."
Robotnik draws. "I'll summon W-wing catapult" (1300/1500) "followed by playing swords of revealing light." Tails was trapped within the swords along with the VW-Tiger Catapult. "Now, take your turn."
Tails drew her card. "I'll tribute my face down for my second deckmaster." Tails said. "My Cyber Dragon." (2100/1600) "My turn is over." She said. <SORL = 1>
Robotnik draws. "I'll play a face down card, and a set monster, then end.”
Tails drew. "One monster face down and end." Tails said. <SORL = 2>
Robotnik draws. "I'll end without a move."
Tails drew her card. "Another monster face down and end." She said. The swords then shattered.
Robotnik draws. "I change W-wing catapult into defence mode, and set a monster, then I end."
"Wow Eggman, I really thought you'd be a challenge, but you're not." Tails said, she drew her card. "I'll summon Infernal Dragon." She said. "And flip my Cyberdark Horn and Cyberdark Edge." (2000/0) (800/800) (800/800)
"I'll use my trap card, compulsory evacuation device on your cyber dragon, a little bump out of the way."
 
"Oh well." Tails said. "I'll remove this card from my hand to use your VW's effect and switch W-Wing's position." Robotnik's W-Wing Catapults position was changed. "And then use the same monster to attack it." Tails said. W-Wing Catapult is wiped out, with a growl from Robotnik. (6000) "Now my infernal Dragon can destroy your left face down." Tails said. Heavy Mech Support Platform appears and gets destroyed. (500/500) "Oh, what a waist..." Tails said. "Well, my Cyberdark Horn can attack the other." She said. Z-metal tank appears. (1500/1300) "Oh well." Tails said. <7500> "My turn is over." She said. Then infernal dragon exploded. "And I'll give up Cyberdark Horn to bring him back too." The infernal Dragon re-rises in place of Cyberdark Horn.
Robotnik draws. “I'll start by activating Heavy Storm, encase that face down can cause any threat."
Tails simply shrugged. "It was only Trap Jammer." She said.
"Now, I'll activate Lightning Vortex!" Robotnik discards a card from his hand.
"It's about time you turned it up..." Tails said as her monsters were fried.
"Now, I'll make my Z-metal tank change to attack mode and also summon V-tiger jet, and strike you with both!" (1500/1300) (1600/1800)
Tails was knocked down. "Damn.." She cursed. <4400>
"Now, I end." Robotnik grinned.
Tails drew her card. "Again, since you have monsters and I don't, my Cyber Dragon comes to my defence from my hand." Cyber Dragon rose again. (2100/1600) "Now, i'll use Different Dimension Capsule." Tails said as her spell activated. "I'll take my last Cyber Dragon from within my deck and place it inside." The Cyber Dragon burst from the deck and got inside the capsule. "Now I'll use my Cyber Dragon to attack your Z-Metal Tank." Z-metal tank got destroyed (5400)
"Now, my turn is over." Tails said.
"All you will have to do is last long enough to use the second dragon." Robotnik grinned, thinking he had it sussed.
"You think I can't?" Tails questioned. "Actually, no matter what happens, even if you destroy them, I want it either way."
"Either way...Just end your turn today."
 
"No matter what happens, Egghead, you're never safe from my Dragons." Tails said. "You're not safe with them in my hand or deck, not safe with them on the field, you're not safe with them in the graveyard, hell you're not even safe with them removed from play. I end my turn, but remember, no matter what you do, I want you to do it." She then let loose a sly grin.
Robotnik draws. "I'll summon my W-Wing Catapult, then I will combine it with my V-tiger jet and place it in defence mode.” (2000/2100) "And now...take your move"
Tails draws her card. <DDC=1> "I'll end my turn here." She passes.
Robotnik draws "And ill end here also."
 
Tails Draws <DDC=2> Cyber Dragon goes to her hand. "I'll use Overload Fusion." Tails said. "From my graveyard, i'll remove Cyberdark Keel, Cyberdark Edge and Cyberdark Horn." Tails said as she resolved her cards. "To summon Cyberdark Dragon!" The Dark Version of Cyber Dragon appeared and looked down on Robotnik.. (1000/1000) "Now, his effect states then he dives into my graveyard and finds a dragon, then equips that dragon to himself, to take it's attack. Off you go." Tails said. The dragon did as such and dived into the graveyard. It came out later holding Infernal Dragon. "It chose that one." Tails said. "And it gains it's attack to it's own and an aditional 100 for each monster in the grave. (3300/1000) "I now active the spell card, Fusion Gate." Tails said. The field then morphed into a large gate.
This isn't good... Robotnik thought.
"Now i'll use it's effect to bring out Cyber Twin Dragon, giving up my Cyber Dragon on the field and in my hand." Tails said, Cyber Twin was then formed and roared aloud. <2800/2100> "Now my Cyber Twin! Attack VW!" Tails ordered. VW- Tiger catapult destroyed. "Cyber Twin, attack again!" Tails ordered. (2600) "Well, looks like I stopped you for the third time in my life, Egghead, Cyberdark. You know what to do." The Cyberdark Dragon flew toward Eggman to attack. Robotnik falls back as the dragon strikes him, the chaos emeralds flying into the air towards the middle of the arena ( 0 )
"No!" He called. Tails scurries and claims the emeralds before Robotnik can recover.
"I win, these are mine." She said, holding all three chaos emeralds.
"Damned Fox...." Robotnik coughed as he righted himself.
"And the winner is Cyberfox Tails!" The announcer called, then roars of cheer and excitement came from the crowd as Tails ran off back toward the room with the others.
 
"Yeah, you fried him!" cried Silver as Tails walked in the room.
"While I don't think the 'egg' references are really necessary..." cut in Hitomi, "I agree with the fool. Well done Tails!" she smiled.
"What do you mean fool! Shut up, damnit!" Silver barked Hitomi's way.
Knuckles chuckled slightly. "I think she's commenting on your duelling ability."
"If I was, that means you as well Knuckles." Hitomi smirked.
Knuckles just looked down at the floor, mumbling something about "showing her someday." Cream struggled to supress a giggle.
"Well, now we have a better chance, and one of our main foes is out the way." Blaze said. "Now it's my turn to take down that cocky Hamon duellist and then we only have Penelope to deal with."
"You really think you can take him Blaze?" asked Sonic. "I mean, we've all seen the power of those cards, and I have a bad feeling Vax is a better duellist than the other two."
"He might have won against Lien-Da, and his deck looks formadable, but i saw some flaws whilst looking at his duel, i don't think i need to worry too much." Blaze commented
"Care to share in these flaws, just in case you mess up and someone else has to take him out?" asked Silver, just a little too innocently to be sincere.
"Well, it's hard to explain, so i'll exploit them during our duel." Blaze said. "You better be watching carefully, just encase i lose, but i'm confident."
"You know, his deck is supposed to look lame..." Jenny suddenly commented.
Sonic jumped. "Woah, forgot you were there Jenny!" he grinned.
"What do you mean?" asked Tails.
"Well, look at Blaze..." She said.
Everyone turned to look at Blaze, who looked more than a little confused. "Me? What I do?" she asked.
"One look at his deck and his duel and you think you know him inside out, but you don't...." Jenny replied.
"Oh...yeah, I kinda see what you mean...." Blaze said
"It's what he wants, what he does..." Jenny said. "Once the enemy think they are in for a sure win, boom, the suddenly lose without knowing what hit them."
"Not the only one who pulls that stunt." muttered Silver, throwing a quick glare at Hitomi.
"You make it sound like cheating, when you just plain suck...Tails does it also, so don't look at me as if i've done something wrong." Hitomi said, narrowing her eyes, having caught Silvers glare.
"Will Blaze and Vax please make your way to the arena!" The announcer called.
"Well, there's my queue." said Blaze quickly, passing between Hitomi and Silver. "Wish me luck guys!" she called. As she began to walk down the stairs towards the arena, she called back "HEY HITOMI!! DON'T MAKE SILVER HURT TOO BAD, NOT UNTIL I'M DONE ANYWAY!!"
 
The announcer calls again.
"Will the next two contestants please make your way to the duelling field!" With that, Blaze walks from the room toward the stairs, heading for the arena. Vax is already standing there, waiting patiently. He laughs when he sees his opponent is Blaze. "You gotta be kidding me. I get put against this? What a joke. Tell ya what, kid, forfeit now, save us both the trouble."
Blaze lifts her nose snobbishly. "I don't think that's going to happen, do you? Put your deck where your mouth is or swallow it. I'll win your Emperor god!" Blaze said, slotting her deck.
Vax snorts with laughter. "You think you can control the mighty Hamon? Pah!! You have nothing in that deck of yours that can stand up to me!" He slots his own deck
"We will see." Blaze replied.
 
"And! Begin!" The announcer called, with that the needle span and landed on Blaze.
"Lucks on my side, it seems."
"You'll be needing it." Vax taunted.
Blaze draws her hand, then the 6th card. "I'll start things off with Molten Destruction, this field spell card gives all fire monsters 500 attack in exchange for 400 defence." Blaze said.
Vax looks around in boredom as the field changes to a volcanic eruption. "Anything else planned at all? Otherwise, this won't take long at all."
"Now I'll summon Solar Flare Dragon to the field." The Solar Flare Dragon burst from the fires and growls menicingly. (1500/1000) "And of course, thanks to the field..." (2000/600) "Now I'll set 2 cards face down and end my turn." Blaze said.
"And of course..." <7500> "I take 500 points of damage because of his effect." Vax said calmly. "Such an amateur move. Oh well."
"I'd like to see you do better." Blaze pouted.
Vax shrugs "As you wish" He draws his sixth "I'll play the spell Card Destruction. So, we send our hands to the grave, then draw the same number of cards we discarded." Vax discards 5 cards and draws another 5. Blaze discards 2 cards and draws 2. "Then, I'll play the spell Reload, which lets me return my hand to my deck, and draw the same number of cards. Now..." He returns 4 cards and draws the same. "I'll pay 800 lifepoints to play my Brain Control, and take your dragon for a little while I think." <6700>
Blaze growls in frustration. “His deck must be structured badly if he needed to change hands twice, unless he's a brilliant strategist, I better be careful.” She uttered. Vax smiles slightly as Blaze's dragon resists the card, but ends up on his side anyway.
"Don't fret though, he won't be doing any harm to you. I'll sacrifice this puny creature to summon one far more powerful. Mobius, the Frost Monarch!!" Vax grins as his great man of ice appears, and with a powerful gust destroys both the volcanic field and Blaze's left face-down card. (2400/1000)
“That wasn't good.” Blaze uttered to herself again. “I still have widespread ruin on the field though, this shouldn't worry me...”
"I'll then set 2 face-downs of my own and I'll leave it there for now." Vax says as 2 cards appear in front of him.
Curses...didn't take the bait. Blaze thought drawing her card. I better think carefully if I'm to counter that. "Right, first, I will use Lightning Vortex and discard this from my hand." Blaze then tosses the card away as thunderbolts fall toward Vax's side of the field. He shrugs as his Mobius tries to shield itself, but fails and is obliterated. "I'll set another face down and end my turn." Blaze finishes.
Vax draws, smiles, and sets a monster without saying a word. He waves his hand to signify the end of his turn.
Blaze draws her card. "I summon Abaki." (1700/1100)
Vax whistles as her monster appears "Damn, he's ugly!"
"I'll chain my Call of the Haunted to it and bring my discarded Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys." The phoenix then rises. (2400/1600)
Vax laughs as he activates his Dust Tornado "And see it fall once again."
Blaze frowns at her monsters demise. "Well, then i'll attack your face down with Abaki!" She said.
He watches in amusement as 2 great swords appear from the set card and send Abaki flying backwards, as Giant Soldier of Stone (1300/2000) appears and settles itself. "Nice try, but you'll have to do far, far better than that"
"Darn..." Blaze said. <7700>
"I'll end my turn here."
"I thought you might." Vax said calmly as he drew his card. "I sacrifice my soldier to summon my Hieracosphinx (2400/1200) in attack mode!" The great beast, half bird, half lion, rises, and stands guard in front of Vax. "Your move, runt."
Blaze draws her card, then the phoenix returns to her side of the field. (2400/1600)
"Oh look, he's back. I guess I had best use my face-down before your birdy destroys it. Activate Jar of Greed!" Vax draws one card as the phoenix destroys all spells and traps on the field in a great blaze of fire.
"Can you do that?" Blaze questioned.
Vax nods "As your phoenix comes back on your standby phase, I can activate any trap I have on the field, as long as it doesn't have certain conditions applied to it. Like that Widespread Ruin you had down for instance."
"How do you know what I had face down?" Blaze questioned, eyes widening.
 
Tails muttered. "Creepy...Hitomi does that..."
"Yeah." Knuckles said.
 
He sighs "Just for any future duels you may have, let me give you some advice.” He lifted a finger to Blaze. “Don't... Think....Aloud!"
Blaze growled. Bad habit of mine... "Fine. I'll summon UFO Turtle (1400/1200) and take out your monster with my phoenix."
 
"And here i thought he had some mystical powers." Rouge said.
"Bah..." Silver said. "Bad habbit, Blaze..."
 
Vax shrugs "Fine. They're both destroyed," he says, slightly annoyed as his Sphinx grapples with the Phoenix as both destroy the other.
"I might have sacrificed my monster, but with this ready, it's worth it. Attack him my monsters!" Blaze ordered. UFO Turtle and Abaki charge in. Vax barely flinches as both monsters strike him <3600>
"Anything else?"
"Nah, you're suffering enough. My turn ends now, but next turn, you're going down." Blaze said.
Vax laughed "You wish. I'm yet to show you what true power is." He draws. "I'll set one card face down and summon my Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei (2300/0) and end."
Blaze draws her card. "I'll set this down and end my turn after switching my monsters in defence" And the monsters pose to defend and the turn ends.
“Defending is pointless. You'll just lose that way." He draws. "I'll play one face-down and end."
"If your so brave, why don't you attack me?" Blaze questioned drawing her card. "You're just defending with attack points, i'll use Mystical Space Typhoon on that card you just set."
Vax shrugs "No big deal. I can activate it before it's destroyed. And guess what, it's another Jar of Greed." Vax draws one card and smiles.
Blaze huffs.
"I know my deck better than you seem to know yours, little one. I know each and every strength and weakness there is in it, and so I know when I should, and should not, act. Something I don't think you could understand."
"Just get on with it..." Blaze said in frustration.
 
Silver seemed surprised. "Why is she so riled up by him?" he asked.
"I don't know." Tikal replied.
"Well, he is a cocky god wielding lunatic..." Tails stated.
 
Vax sighs. "Some people just don't know how to take friendly criticism." He draws. "Fine. I'll show you. I'll end my turn here. Next turn young lady, next turn."
 
Blaze drew her card.
"I'll pass this time." She said,
Vax draws his card, and begins to laugh. He looks at Blaze darkly. "You remember what you said at the beginning of this duel, that you would win my Emporer God from me?"
"Uh huh, i intend to." Blaze said.
"Then perhaps you should meet him. I activate the spell cards Toll and Gravekeeper's Servant from my hand, and from the field, the spell card Dark Snake Syndrome. Then, I'll tribute all 3 to summon the almighty Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder!!"
"Oh hell..." Blaze said aloud. Vax roars as the arena is blasted by what seemed to be a storm, rolling thunder and lighting striking all around the place, leaving scorch marks where it landed.
 
"This is not good." Sonic said.
"Tails took on a god and did fine, she'll be fine too." Rouge said.
Cream cried out. "He's insane!"
 
"Meet that which you dreamt of controlling. Hamon (4000/4000) is a force unto himself, one the likes you have never before faced. Now, get ready to kneel in defeat." He pointed at her Abaki "Hamon! Destroy that pathetic creature!" Abaki is destroyed in a flash, as Blaze covers her eyes. <7200> "Now Hamon, show her the price of defying a god!!" Vax grins as Hamon's attack passes through Abaki and blasts her for 1000 points of damage. <6200> Blaze is taken off of her feet and thrown to the floor.
Vax just laughs as his lifepoints fall from Abaki's effect <3100> "Still think you could control Hamon?"
 
Blaze stands up, but she's shaking. Wh-what...my body...it's shaking..am I scared of the god? Is this how Tails felt when she faced Raviel? She thought to herself. She slowly walked over to her side of the field, speechless at the god. So this is Hamon... She thought again.
She's got guts, standing up again, I'll give her that. Vax thought to himself. Most duellists would simply have admitted defeat there and then.
Blaze simply looks at Vax, she's clearly afraid.
Do I stand a chance against it? I don't think I do...he'll slaughter my Turtle and then the monster after that, then I'll be his target...I don't think I can win... Blaze then remembers the card she had face down. No, I forgot...it's too late now, but I could have prevented this.
Vax looks at Blaze, then strangely, he smiles at her. Not a smile of amusement, or pity, but a genuine smile. "I'm impressed Blaze, I really am."
"Wh-why's that?" She questioned.
He motioned towards Hamon. "You know how many duellists before you have faced Hamon and bothered to even get back up?"
"N-no..how many?" Blaze was simply terrified.
He smiles. "None. You're the first."
 
"I don't get it, are those gods that bad?" Knuckles asked.
"From where we are it's like nothing." Tails said. "But when you look up at the gods, them glaring down on you like your some...meet...something to slaughter...it's terrifying." Tails explained.
 
"What? The rest sta-stayed put, I can s-see why..." Blaaze stuttered.
"Indeed you can. I can tell, you're more scared now than you have ever been. But still you got back up, I can see your mind working away, trying to think of some strategy, some comeback from this. I owe you an apology Blaze." and then Vax did something no-one could ever have expected him to do. He bowed slightly in respect.
 
Jenny was even surprised to see this.
"How bizarre." She said.
 
Blaze then relaxed a little, smiled and bowed herself. Vax stood straight, and grinned.
"Of everyone I have ever met, you are the only one I can say that would be deserving of Hamon's power. Now, Blaze, it is your move."
"I can see nothing that I can do from here, Hamon's just to strong, I'm not ready for him yet, I can happily forfeit, knowing I was the closest..." Blaze said, drawing her card, looking at it and readying her hand over her deck, but delaying before forfeiting. "Unless...You want me to continue." She offered him the choice.
 
"She's gone mad." Rouge said.
"She's showing defeat, yet honor." Sonic countered.
 
"Blaze, you have shown your bravery today. Ask anyone here, you have earnt your respect as a duellist. There would be no shame in forfeiting now." He smiled. "Were I in your position, I'd probably do the same."
 
"No Blaze!" Silver shouted down to her, and she looked up at him. "Sure there's no shame in forfeit, but what have you to lose?" Silver yelled. "The match, you still can do something, of course he'll tell you to quit." This made Blaze think for a moment.
 
"Silvers right...I don't have anything but the match and Hamon to lose, so I'll fight on." Blaze withdraws her hand. "I'll set this card down and activate Swords of revealing light.." As she does, the swords fly from the sky toward Hamon.
Hamon growls as the swords surround him, but Vax just nods "I'm glad Blaze. We'll fight this to the end!"
Blaze smiles. "Now Molten Destruction!" She activated another field card. "And this ends my turn."
Vax draws, and sighs "Well, as there isn't much I can do, I guess I'll have to pass this round."
The swords should buy me some time. Blaze thought. (SORL=1) She drew her card. "Darn.." she uttered. "Pass also."
 
"You can do it Blaze!" Silver yelled down.
 
Vax drew, and looked at Blaze smiling. "This is the last turn I'm afraid. I'll play the spell Heavy Storm, destroying all spells and traps on the field." A hurricane wiped away the field and Blaze's cards, including the swords, and Hamon roared as he stretched in freedom. Blaze simply nodded. "I will then tribute my mighty Emperor God. I will use his great strength to summon Great Maju Garzett!" As Hamon fades from the field, it looks as if he smiles at Blaze, just before Great Maju Garzett (0/0) appears in his place.
 
"What the...?" Silver said aloud.
"He tributed..." Cream started.
"...The god card?" Rouge finished for her.
"That's a duellist," Sonic said. "Someone who doesn't limit themselves to a single card."
 
"But, why?" Blaze asked.
"You shall see. Now, my fighter Lei Lei, attack her turtle!" The UFO turtle is then vanquished.
"Thanks, with it's effect, I can special summon a card with 1500 attack or less to the field from my deck, so I'll summon Solar Flare Dragon." Blaze said. (1500/1000)
"I was counting on it." Vax said. "See, my Maju Garzett is a rather interesting creature. While he has no attack of his own, he can...borrow...the attack of the monster used to summon him. And then, he doubles it." he explained as Maju Garzett grows to an enormous size as his attack climbs. (8000/0)
Blaze's eyes widen with a sudden fear. "Oh no..." She said. "8000 take 1500 is...."
"Enough to take the rest of your lifepoints. Maju, attack her dragon!" And with that, Blaze was knocked completely out of the arena, the dragon vanquished and her life depleted. <0> Blaze remained on the floor, almost not knowing what just hit her. The duel was over.
"And our winner is Vax!" The annouuncer yelled, it took a while but cheers boomed out..
 
Vax however, took no interest in the cheers. Instead, he walked over to Blaze and offered her a hand getting up
Blaze was dazed at first, but took his hand with a smile, pulling herself up.
He smiled at her as she stood, and said "Take heart duellist. You stood in the presence of a God, and you fought with your heart and soul against him. No matter what should happen in the future, always remember that moment, and feel that strength you had then" And then he just turned and walked off without another word.
 
Vax walked through the halls, another victory in hand.
“That Sonic the Hedgehog will fall to the champion, all the while I slaughter the fox, then when I face and defeat the world champion, I will be crowned number one duellist of the world...” As Vax turned the corner he came face to face with the tall grey fox, with a mix of grey and white hair in an unusual pattern, this fox was wearing an all grey suit with a long black trench coat and large brown boots.
“Well done on your victory, master of Hamon.” He said. Vax raised an eyebrow.
“And who, may I ask, are you?” Vax questioned.
“Merely a fan, I wish to offer you a challenge, as a warm up match for your next big duel.” The fox replied calmly.
“Want to be slaughtered, huh?” Vax questioned. “Fine, bring it on; no one shall claim the power of Hamon.” He said, activating his duel disk.
“Not here, follow me.” The fox then walked off. Vax huffed annoyed, then followed.
 
He was led into a large area of the duel dome, a very young white rabbit, covered completely in chains with a purple jewel in her forehead and a green jewelled brace on the top supporting her three plumed tuft, each highlighted with their own unique colours, red, yellow and blue. Her eyes being a light grey or dark white. The chains were around her ankles, her wrists and one large one around her neck. She was in a small light blue shirt and skirt, with small blue shoes and white socks. The chains all hung from large cuffs which were firmly in place. She also had one large hair piece from the back of her head which followed down to her feet, some of her head appearing at its base; obviously her hair was this length. The hair piece was neatly decorated with all sorts of tubes and beads and a few jewels. Her ears went as low as her elbows and her expression of one who'd given up hope, yet certain sadness dwelled in her eyes.
“What is this?” Vax questioned. The fox walked over to the rabbit.
“This is your challenge.” He said.
“Are you kidding me?!” Vax was furious. “She's a kid... and a pathetic looking one mind you.” This made the rabbit squeak a little as her body jolted, almost as in fear of his sudden shout.
“I think she's a perfect match for your ability, actually.” The fox was still just as calm.
“Quit the jokes and lets duel already, I'm not duelling a pathetic kid.”
“Defeat her if you can, or are you afraid of her. You know they always say the predator is more afraid than the prey, but what are you I wonder?” The fox said, cupping the rabbits cheeks as if showing affection, she looked terrified of him though.
“Fine, fine, whatever. Let's get this over with.” Vax said slotting his deck, and with that, the young rabbit suddenly looked in pain as her jewel on her forehead began to glow. It created an orb of dark matter between her and Vax, who raise an eyebrow.
“Ugh.....” The girl cried as the matter exploded around the room, causing all types of colours. Vax looked around.
“What is this?” Vax questioned, though not afraid nor impressed.
“A duel dimension, but you'll know about that soon enough, carry on.” The fox said.
“Seeing as I'm being forced to duel a little brat...” Vax said drawing 5 cards. The rabbit then drew six.
“I'll go first, since I'm younger and more inexperienced.” She said. Vax shrugged.
“Fine, makes no difference to me.” He said. The rabbit started her move.
“First, I'll use Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins.” The field then turned into the ancient ruins. Vax yawned. “Then I'll set 2 cards and summon Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus.” From the ruins the sound of galloping was heard, then the Pegasus leaped over the side of the ruins and flew down into the arena. (1800/1200) “And using his effect, I will place my Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth in my spell and trap zone.” A large amber appeared and fell to the floor in front of the rabbit. “My turn is over.”
Vax drew his card. “Meh, big deal.” He said. “I'll set one card down, summon Giant Orc and attack.” From darkness the giant Orc appeared and charge Pegasus. (2300/0) The Pegasus was destroyed and fell into nothing but a blue sapphire next to the amber. Vax shrugged it off as the rabbit flinched. <7600> “My turn is over.” He said.
The rabbit drew. “I'll summon Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger...” (1600/1000)
“I think not, my trap hole stops monsters summoned with 1000 attack or more.” Vax said. So the Topaz came and was blown to nothing but a topaz next to the other two.
“My turn is over.” The rabbit said.
“I thought so.” Vax drew. “Now, I'll show you how to really duel.” He said. “First, I'll use Gravekeeper's Servant. This mean you cannot declare an attack unless you give up the top card from your deck.” Vax grinned. The rabbit didn't do anything. “Now I'll tribute my Giant Orc for Kaiser Glider.” The Kaiser Glider flew in over the ruins and landed next to Vax. (2400/2200) “And direct attack!” The Kaiser Glider then blasted the rabbit, knocking her down. <5200> “With that I end my turn. She ain't so tough.”
The rabbit stood and the fox grinned. That's what you think. He thought.
The rabbit drew. “One monster face down and I'll end my turn.” She said.
“Heh, what a dumb move,” Vax drew. “First, I'll use Nobleman of crossout to destroy...” Vax was cut off by the girl.
“I'll use my field effect to remove a crystal beast from my spell or trap zone to negate your spell and destroy it.” And that's what happened.
“Bah, it won't help you.” Vax said. “I'll set this card down and attack your face down with Kaiser Glider.” The Kaiser glider then attacked the monster, revealing it as Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise.
“I'm sorry Emerald...but you're going to the graveyard.” The rabbit said.
“Wait, but there's a space in the spell and traps...” Emerald replied as he held off Kaiser as long as he could.
“Sorry, but I need it.” The girl said. The tortoise was then destroyed, the emerald turning to dust.
“Idiot...my turn is over.” Vax said.
The rabbit drew her card. “I'll use Smashing Ground to take out the highest defence on your side of the field, that's Kaiser.” She said, and the Kaiser was gone.
“How irritating.” Vax said.
“Then I'll set a card and end my turn.” The girl finished.
Vax drew his card. “This ends soon. I'll flip my Gravekeepers Spy and use his flip effect to summon another.” (1200/2000)x2 “Then I'll set this monster and attack directly with both my monsters.” And they charged, one was then targeted by a beam and destroyed as it ran, the other struck. <4000> “Meh, what happened?”
“I used this.” The rabbit held up the trap. Widespread Ruin. “It destroys the monster with the highest attack on your field, since it was equal, it was just a pick of one or the other.”
“Meh. I'll use monster reincarnation to bring my Kaiser Glider back into my hand by removing the Giant Orc in my hand and end my turn.” And it was done.
The rabbit drew her card. “I'll use Crystal Promise. This lets me choose a crystal beast in my spell and trap zone to come onto the monster field, so Topaz Tiger can come.” (1600/1000) “Now he can attack your Spy.” The Topaz tiger charged as the girl sent her card from the top of her deck to the grave. The Gravekeeper's Spy was destroyed.
“Hey wait a minute, I lost 800 points?! It should be 400.” Vax moaned.
“Well, when attacking, during the damage step my tiger gets an additional 400 attack points, so it was 2000 during the damage step.” The girl replied.
“Such crap...” Vax said.
“This ends my turn.” She said.
Vax drew his card. Perfect! He thought. With Hamon now in my hand, I just need two more continuous spells and this duel is mine. “I'll tribute my face down for Kaiser Glider, then attack her tiger!” The Kaiser then struck down the tiger and it reduced into nothing but a topaz again. <3200> “This will do for now, make your move.”
The girl drew. “I'll use my face down Crystal Blessing and bring my fallen Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat and Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth from the grave to my spell and trap zones and end my turn.” Vax laughed.
“What a waste of my time, I'll end this quickly.” He said as he drew. “I'll attack you with Kaiser Glider.”
“And I'll use my trap card, Magic Cylinder.” The girl said.
“But wait...you could have used that at any point since you SET IT!” Vax yelled. This scared the girl a little.
“I know...I just didn't want to...” She replied. The attack backfired and hit Vax directly. <4800>
“I'll activate Toll and end my turn.” Vax said.
“I'll use my field effect again and toss another crystal beast from my spells to my graveyard to negate and destroy it.” The girl said.
“Bah, make your move!”
The girl drew her card. “I'll use exchange.” She said. Vax's eyes then widened.
“Wait..wh-what did you say?!” He asked.
“I said I use Exchange.” The girl repeated. Vax began sweating as he looked as his only card in his hand. It's like she knew...she knew what was in my hand! Vax wasn't happy as the girl walked over and took his card, giving him the only one she had. Crystal...what the hell can I do with this useless junk?!
“By the way...what a nice pick I got...you also know he's coming to say hello, right?” the girl questioned. Now Vax was bricking it.
“Wh-what?!” Vax was sweating buckets.
“I'll send my Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus, Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger and Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth to summon your own monster, Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder.” And This is when it hit him for real, Vax was in big trouble as his own god was summoned against him.
 
Blaze was walking through the halls looking for Vax.
“I know I saw him here somewhere... he went this way. I gotta thank him for that duel and the courage it gave me.” Blaze sighed as she continued looking.
 
Vax was worried. So this is the fear of facing a god...oh help me...
“No! I will not be afraid! You are my monster! I will not falter to you!” Vax yelled toward Hamon.
“Well, time for this to end...finish this.” The fox said. The rabbit then points.
“Please attack his monster.” Hamon looked down on Kaiser, and without a second thought, smashed him into nothing. Vax was knocked away, but he caught his footing, and fell to a knee. <6400> Then got a recoil hit. <5400> the girl removed the top card from her deck to the graveyard.
“Damn!” He said. “You're my god! You follow my orders?! Why do you attack me!” He barked at Hamon.
“Insolent fool! I've been waiting to be taken from you for the longest time, and this girl has done what none before could do.” Hamon roared. “You inherited my power through family, however that does not mean you ever deserved it. Now I am in the hands and service of a true duellist, one who can truly respect my power and my ability...one who asks...not demands! Prepare to fall, failure of the gods!” Vax stood back on his feet.
“I will not fail this duel! You will return to my command!”
“Fool! I choose my destination, win or lose, this girl will have my service!” Hamon barked again. Vax was confused, but yelled back.
“You have no choosing of where you belong! You're just a monster card!” Vax was at a loss at this awkward position. Why am I arguing with a hologram, this is some trick, they are trying to steal Hamon from me.
The duel continued.
“My turn is over.” The girl said.
Vax drew his card. What do I do...I got nothing... “I'll set this card and end my turn.”
The rabbit drew. “I'll use another Crystal Blessing and bring my Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat and Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus to my spell and trap zone from the graveyard.” And so it was, the sapphire and amethyst landed in their places. Without the girl saying anything or making an order to attack, Hamon smashed the card face down without anymore hesitation. The girl was surprised. The card was Gravekeeper's Spy.
“Do not worry about me young one, I know when I must act.” Hamon said to her softly. The girl simply nodded.
“Okay...” She said. “My turn is over.” And Because of the spy's destruction, Vax was hit by recoil. <4400>
“Damn...” Vax said. He drew his card. “Pass...” Damn this... He thought.
The girl drew her card. “I'll summon Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle.” Hamon then smashes Vax away. <400> The Carbuncle takes suit and attacks. <100> The girl discards 2 cards from the top of her deck. Vax stands. “My turn is over.”
Vax draws his card. “I'll reload.” Vax then puts the two cards in his deck, shuffles and draws. “Forget it, I'll pass...let me lose so I can get out of here.” He said.
“Oh, you're not leaving...” The fox said.
“What?”
“Finish this.” The rabbit draws her card.
“You are not worthy to be finished by me, I'll let my new friend here decide your fate.” Hamon said.
“And because of this...” The girl started. “I have all 7 of my beasts ready.”
“What? All seven?”
“Yes.”
“Bah, what is this crap you're talking?”
“I have my carbuncle ready to attack, my Pegasus and cat in the spell and traps, and my tortoise, eagle, Tiger and mammoth in the graveyard. That's all of them; it's complete, feel the wrath...of my ultimate monster.” With that, a shadow loomed over Vax, whose eyes widened and he let out a scream.
 
Blaze heard this and ran to the location, when she arrived, Vax was stood, but he looked weird, like a statue of coloured sand. She approached cautiously, seeing the rabbit and the fox, the room was normal, she gently touched Vax.
“Vax...?” She questioned, at this moment, he suddenly seemingly fell apart, his entire body fell and disintegrated into nothing but seven coloured dark matter, Blaze quickly fell to her knees and put her hands through the sand, then glared up at the girl and fox. “What have you done to him!” She yelled.
“Simple.” The fox said. “He lost and in a duel dimension no less. His fate lies in limbo for the rest of existence.” The fox walked off, holding the chain of the neck cuff of the girl, and in seconds the two were gone. Blaze looked down at the dark matter and was at a loss for words.