Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ An angel must fall ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17: An Angel must fall.
 
It was back to the tournament, and everyone was stoked, except for Sonic, who seemed concerned for Hitomi and Hermana. Though no one else noticed his concern for them. Tails was equally as exceptional as Sonic, though her concerns lay with someone else.
“So, what are the standings, people?” Rouge said.
“Well, if it goes in order of who won last time...” Tails said, slightly quietly. “Then its first match pits Cream against Kirika, the world champion gets a pass...” Tails was cut off.
“What? Why?” Silver questioned.
“Her opponent is dead...remember?” Tails answered.
“Oh...” Silver shut up.
“Anyway, then Sonic gets another bye, since Hitomi left.”
“This tournament is quite a washout.” Rouge said.
“Oh come on,” Tails said, rolling her eyes. “Give Hitomi a break, her sister is in hospital. Anyway, then I'm taking old egg-head. Then Blaze takes on Vax, the one who obviously wields Hamon.”
“You know, they should have it that Sonic duel Penelope this round, stop the round passes.” Silver said.
“Truthfully we don't want that either, Sonic needs to delay his duel with her as long as possible.” Tails said.
“Why?” Knuckles asked.
“Because...What if Kirika beats Cream? Then Penelope beats Sonic, Robotnik beats me and Vax beats Blaze?” Tails asked. “What happens then?”
“But still, Kirika could still beat Cream, Penelope and Sonic get a pass, then Robotnik still beats you, then Vax beats Blaze.” Rouge said. “Then Sonic gets yet another pass, and Penelope defeats Kirika or vice versa...”
“That's the point, Sonic has more chance against Kirika than Penelope, so if she duels her first, she might win and Sonic can take on Kirika, then he can duel Vax or Eggman, depending on who wins.” Tikal said, as if answering for Tails.
“Sounds like a risk to me.” Blaze said.
“What choice do we have?” Tails asked. “We need to stop these maniacs. Vax needs to lose that god card and Robotnik needs to be stopped. We need to stop Penelope too and we don't even know if Kirika is a bad person, but there is something about her...like she's not here for the fun.”
“What do you mean Tails?” Sonic questioned.
“What she said to Knuckles.” Tails answered. “She said, `I am NOT the one to lose today, I have no choice but to win, you have no idea what the stakes are on this duel…' Like losing wasn't an option for her, like something was at risk.”
“Well done.” Said someone from the door. Everyone turned to see Kirika there. “Congratulations on figuring out why I am here.”
“Kirika...” Knuckles growled.
“Are you still pissed at me, Knucklehead?” Kirika asked. “Yes, as you say, this tournament stakes a lot more on me than anyone else in this tournament.”
“Like what?” Cream asked.
“The life of my child.” Kirika said. Everyone's eyes widened a little, save for Kirika, who kept her normal facial expression. “If I fail to follow orders, she will die. However, an unfortunate miscalculation came into plans, as the world champion showed up. I've been given an exceptional chance encase I lose to her. I'm sorry Cream, but I'm not losing to you this next duel.” Kirika then walked off.
“Told you...” Tails said.
 
On the arena floor, things were being prepared for the next matches. Pegasus walked on stage.
“Good Morning Duellists, Finalists and Collectors. It is my duty to welcome you back to the tournament; I hope your break was very much relaxing. Without further delay, lets continue the finals, the next duellists being a pair of angels, the Goddess Kirika and Angelic Cream.” Pegasus then left the stage. Back in the room, Cream gulped. Tails looked at the scared doe and quickly hugged her softly, which took her by surprise.
“Don't worry about her, Cream. You'll be fine, after all, you beat Shadow.” Tails let her go and looked into her eyes, Cream nodded and, with her white cloak, walked out of the room.
 
On the stage, Kirika walked in and looked to her left to see a Grey Fox, with a strange do of mixed light and dark grey hair. He was wearing an all grey suit with a long black trench coat and large brown boots. He grinned slyly at her before walking off; Kirika sighed and took her place on the stage. Cream appeared and took her spot.
“I'm going to make this painless, Cream, so just be a good girl and lose quickly.” Kirika said, slotting her deck and drawing five cards.
“Never! I'm gonna defeat you, like I defeated Shadow.” Cream fought back.
“Shadow is overrated.” Kirika said.
"Mr Shadow is no hack, he's a great duellist! He's a better duellist than you!" Cream yelled.
"You beat him, he can't be that good" Kirika retorted
"He just got careless that's all! I was only lucky. But if you keep saying these mean things about Mr Shadow, then I am gonna teach you some manners." Cream yelled, drawing her 5 cards at last.
Kirika rubbed her forehead as if she had a head-ache "Look. I don't care what you think; I'm going to win this duel. I have to. So just don't cry when I leave you defeated and humiliated like the amateur that you are okay?"
Cream growled.
 
"Oh my..." Rouge said. Everyone looked at her.
"What's up, batgirl?" Knuckles asked.
"I've never seen Cream look so angry in all her life." Rouge replied. "She's gritting her teeth and everything."
"Wow...Kirika hit a nerve." Silver said.
 
The needle span and landed on Kirika.
"Well what do you know, I get to go first" Kirika said coldly as she drew her sixth card. "I'll set one monster and end my turn"
 
"That's it? One silly little face down and you call me an amateur?" Cream said, angrily, drawing her card.
"You think being a good duellist is all about how many cards you play?" Kirika replied "That's why you're an amateur. A real duellist knows that it isn't how many cards you play, but what you do with the ones you have."
"That's true." Cream gritted her teeth. "But a REAL duellist knows that when you set a monster down that you should give it some support when the opponent does something like this. I activate the spell card Nobleman of Crossout." Cream said.
"Oh dear" Kirika said nonchalantly as her monster was removed from the field "What-ever shall I do now?"
"Now, I'll set one card face down and use my Majestic Mech - Ohka's special ability to bring it to the field without a tribute." The Majestic Mech then appeared in its glory. (2400/1400)
Kirika merely shrugged
"Now I'll use it to attack you directly, and without anything on the field to protect you, you're out of luck, so take your damage like the true amateur that YOU are." Cream was pissed.
Kirika just smiled as her lifepoints fell <5600>
"One attack and you think you've won. Silly little girl"
"Not at all, I just proved my point that you can't talk about me being an amateur when you're making the amateur move." Cream said. "This ends my turn." And with that Majestic Mech - Ohka exploded.
 
"There was nothing amateur about my move. You think I made a mistake. I was simply testing you. You think that you should protect every last lifepoint that you have? Wrong"
"Lifepoints are there to be used, expended, and thrown away as needed"
Kirika drew a card and coldly stared at Cream
"As I'm about to prove. I play the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy you face-down!"
I knew she'd do that, and with Draining Shield now in the graveyard, I am wide open...no matter, she can't pull anything on me with as much damage as I her. Cream thought.
"Now, I'll summon my Nova Summoner, in attack mode (1400/800) and equip it with my Cestus of Dagla, increasing my monsters attack points by 500!"
Cream gritted her teeth. Still, that's not as bad as mine... Cream thought again.
"Now, I'll play the field card Sanctuary in the Sky!" Kirika seemed determined to destroy Cream as quickly as possible, glaring at the young duellist as her field spell came into effect, transforming the field
S.I.T.S...That'll help me too. Cream thought.
"You don't frighten me!" Cream yelled.
"Frighten you?" for the first time since the duel had begun, Kirika broke her stoic exterior and laughed "Dear me, is that what you think I'm trying to do?"
"Get on with it!" Cream roared.
 
"Okay, who is that doe and what has she done with Cream?" Tails asked.
"You got me..." Tikal replied.
"Cream admires Shadow more than anyone here. She's not about to let insults about him go." Sonic said.
 
"Well well, aren't we getting a little impertinent. If you insist. Nova Summoner, let's give her a small taste of what it to come, shall we? Attack her directly!"
Kirika returned to her cold, emotionless appearance as her monster launched itself at Cream
Cream was knocked down by the monster, but recovered shortly after. <6100>
Kirika looks down at Cream as her own lifepoints increase <7500> "You done down there? Want to come back and play?"
Cream leaped up and got back in her place.
"Seeing as you're up, I'll assume you won't be smart and forfeit. So I'll set 3 face-downs and end my turn" Kirika mocked as she waved the end of her move
 
Cream Drew her card. "I'll set one card and one monster and my turn is over." She said.
 
Kirika drew "Oh dear me, is that it? Shame. I was hoping you'd do something interesting. No matter"
"Shut up and move." Cream folded her arms, much like Shadow and closed her eyes in a cocky manner.
"I'll summon my Royal Knight (1300/800) in attack mode"
Cream yawns mockingly.
Kirika shook her head "Royal Knight, attack her face-down if you would"
"You just flipped my Penguin Soldier, which means I get to send two monsters on the field to their owner's hands...namely, yours." Cream said, as the Penguin Soldier rose and held up his shield. (750/500)
"You sure?" Kirika smiled "Because I'll activate my trap card here I think. Divine Wrath!"
"What's that?" Cream asked.
"Oh, just a handy little trap that lets me negate one of your effect monsters and destroy it, if I send a card from my hand to the graveyard that is"
"Shoot..." Cream said.
"It's not all bad. Seeing as it was my trap that destroyed you monster and not my knight, I don't gain any lifepoints. But, I do get to attack you again with Nova Summoner, and because of his equip card, the damage I do to you, gets added to my lifepoints. Show her what I mean!"
Nova summoner charged the attack. "No way that's happening..." Cream said. "I'll trigger my Sakuretsu Armor!" Cream said as the armor appeared and flew toward Nova Summoner.
Kirika smiled as her monster was destroyed. "No matter. He served his purpose"
Cream frowned.
"That was close...” She said.
Kirika shrugged "You're move"
 
Cream drew her card. "I'll summon Injection Fairy Lilly." Cream said. "And end my turn."
Wasting two thousand points is not worth ridding her of her monster, however, it does allow a good defence...but then, I'm more sustainable to more life lost than I need be...but she's all I got... Cream thought to herself.
 
Kirika drew, but didn't even look at her card "I'll pay 800 lifepoints to bring back my Nova Summoner <6700> and use him to attack your silly little nurse. Go Nova!!"
"What?! You didn't even look at your card." Cream said. Kirika simply smiled knowingly. It's decided, the risk's too great. Cream thought as Lilly was destroyed. <5100>
"Now Royal Knight, take a chunk from her lifepoints"
Cream was knocked down by the Knight. <3800> she stood and walked over
Kirika watched her with amusement as the young doe glared at her without saying a word
"Oh don't be like that Cream, it's your turn now"
 
"Shut it...” Cream said drawing her card. Darn it, what a time to be having a bad hand. She thought.
"I'll pay 800 life points to take control of your Nova Summoner with my Brain Control." <3000>
Kirika shrugged "Sure, go for it. He's pretty much useless to me anyway"
"But not to me." Cream said. "Attack her Knight, Nova!" Cream ordered.
"Still haven't realised you're way out of your depth have you Cream?" Kirika asked as her knight was destroyed by her own monster
"That will do." Cream said, as Nova returned to Kirika.
"I'll switch Nova into defence and end, your move"
 
Cream drew her card. Okay, this sucks. "pass." she said.
 
Kirika drew her card and smiled "Oh finally. I can end this stupid duel already."
"You've not won anything yet..." Cream said.
"You think so?"
"Try it." Cream dared.
"If you insist. I'll tribute my Nova to summon my Airknight Parshath!" (1900/1400)
Cream smiled. "That's not so bad." She said.
"Just wait. Now he's on the field, I can sacrifice him to special summon my Neo-Parshath, the Sky Paladin!!" Kirika held up her card as the field was enveloped in a bright light, and a huge, almost god-like being emerged onto the field (2300/2000)
"Ohh........." Cream now looked worried.
 
"Holy hell..." Knuckles called out.
"Airknight has an evolution card?" Tikal questioned.
"I wondered about this." Tails said. "I heard rumours, but never thought they were real."
 
Kirika seemed to be in a world of her own as she looked upon her best monster "Indeed you are impressive my friend." She turned her attention back to Cream "He has such wonderful abilities you know"
"Not only does he have the ability of Airknight, he also has a spectacular one of his own"
"L...like what?" Cream asked.
"I'm glad you asked. When Sanctuary in the Sky is in play, and if my lifepoints are higher than my opponents, the difference gets added to his attack points"
"And as I see it, that gives him a grand total of 6000 points"
"But..." Cream was now worried.
"And that is more than enough to wipe you out. I did say you were an amateur, and that I'd leave this arena with you on your knees in defeat. Now it's time to prove it. Sky Paladin, wipe out her lifepoints and end this duel!!"
The huge creature used every point of its massive attack to send a crushing beam of light straight towards Cream
With that final comment, Cream burst into tears, which caused Neo-Parshath to divert the blast slightly to her left, making it miss her completely.
Cream quickly collected up her stuff and ran off.
 
"What was that Parshath!? Why did you miss her?!" Kirika exploded
Neo-Parshath looked down on Kirika. "I didn't need to destroy a broken soul, you already did that." Then Parshath faded.
When did I become such a monster?' thought Kirika to herself "At least Muri is safe" she muttered.
 
Cream walks into the room. Before she knew it, Amy wrapped her arms around her neck.
“Don't you worry about a thing, Cream.” She said.
“But, I failed...” Cream replied.
“No, you did the best you could.” Sonic said. “Well, since Hitomi quit, I guess it's Tails and Eggbutt next.” Sonic said.
 
The announcer spoke, almost as if to correct Sonic.
“Will Blue Beast Sonic and Gate Guardian come to the stage, please? The next match is about to begin.” Sonic looked out the window, and Hitomi was there with the judges.
“How odd, she said she quit...” Sonic then sped off, and in seconds was with Hitomi.
“Hm, I'm sorry young lady, but the rules state you must use your original deck.” One judge said.
“I don't know, could be interesting.” Another replied.
“Well, if you do not let me, then I will forfeit.” Hitomi said, coldly.
“Very we...” The first judge began, but was cut off.
“Not acceptable. We can't have all these passes, and since Sonic boy will not have one next round if Hitomi girl were to forfeit, then he's skipped half his duels already. I accept Hitomi's terms to change her deck...but lets ask the fans, shall we?” Pegasus walked over to the announcer and requested the mic, as soon as he got it, he began speaking. “Fellow duellists, collectors and fans alike, one of our finalists have changed their decks, should we allow her to duel with it?” Pegasus questioned everyone.
 
This caused a commotion around, but the end result was worth it, as many cheered yes, though some revolted with a no.
“Then it's decided, commence the duel as usual.” Pegasus then gave the mic back and walked off. Sonic and Hitomi took their places.
“Hey, Hitomi, looks like you changed your mind after all, huh? I thought you quit.” Sonic said, cheerily.
“I did.” Hitomi said, slotting her deck and drawing five cards. “But I no longer have a choice in the matter, if I lose....” Hitomi lowered her head.
“Hm?” Sonic seemed confused, but Hitomi shot her head back up.
“I have to beat you to save Hermana!” This then caused a commotion. Hiei looked down from the high area of the arena. Yes, tell the world, it will make no difference in the end, you won't succeed.
Hitomi glared at Hiei. "I'll deal with you soon enough. I won't let you get away with what you've done!" Hiei grinned and vanished. Hitomi clenched her fist and looked at Sonic. "Let's just get this over and done with shall we?" Sonic seemed more concerned than ready to duel, however.
"What happened to Hermana, Hitomi?" He asked
"If I told you it wouldn't change anything. So let's just duel" Hitomi counted.
"As you wish, Hitomi. But I'm not going easy." Sonic drew five cards, the needle span and landed on Hitomi.
"I wouldn't ask any less" Hitomi replied as she drew her sixth card. hmmm....what to do "I'll set one card and summon my Mother Grizzly (1400/1000) in attack mode. Your move Sonic."
Sonic drew his sixth card. "Okay, time to show what i can do." Sonic said. "First, i'll set one card face down and summon Berserk Gorilla." The Gorilla appeared and roared, beating his chest in fury. (2000/1000) "Now, seeing as i can't not let him attack, charge!" The Beserk Gorilla then flew toward Mother Grizzly. Hitomi shrugged as her monster was destroyed <7600>
"By destroying her, I can bring a water monster with less than 1500 attack points from my deck to my field in attack position." She then began to search through her deck. "I'll call upon my Unshaven Angler (1500/1600) to defend me." She said as her monstrous looking fish appeared on the field.
"Nice monster, but it's got no chance against my Beserk Gorilla." Sonic grinned.
"True. But my turn is coming up, and you have no idea what's in store for you"
"Well then, lets see what you got. I'll end my turn." Sonic said. "Your move."
Hitomi nodded as she drew her card. "I'll sacrifice my monster, and use it to set one monster in defence." The grotesque fish, with its rows upon rows of teeth disappeared, replaced by a card. "I'll then set one card and end my turn" she said.
Sonic drew his card. "Well, in that case, i'll summon Gyaku-Gire Panda." The panda appeared and looked toward Hitomi. (800/1600) "And due to his effect, he gets ever so slightly stronger for each monster on your side of the field, increasing his attack by 500 per monster." Sonic explained. (1300/1600) Hitomi just shrugged, examining her nails as if she were trying to find an imperfection somewhere.
"Wow, you're being cocky today." Sonic said, as the Beserk Gorilla charged her face down.
"That's because I'm going to win." She replied as Suijin (2500/2400) appeared on the field and sent Berserk Gorilla flying straight back at Sonic, who quickly moved out the way as the gorilla flew past. <6600> He smiled a little.
"You know that was better off in attack, right?" He asked.
"Not really. You're face-down could be a trap, which could have left me wide-open. By playing Suijin face-down, you attacked me. I won't be led into making any foolish mistakes Sonic, not again." Sonic laughed.
"Did you forget what i said?" Sonic questioned. "Beserk Gorilla HAS to attack, i got no choice, you never needed to attack me in order to get rid of it." Sonic shrugged.
"Hey wait a minute!" Someone from the crowd yelled. "How is it that you got a level 7 on the field with one tribute?" He moaned.
Hitomi removed her Unshaven Angler card from her graveyard and threw it to the person who had shouted out.
"Read the card. It says that if tribute summon a water monster, Unshaven Angler acts as two tributes. And before you open your mouth again, please note that Suijin IS a water monster. Now, give me my card back." The crowd scuffled around, picked up the card and passed it down to the nearby judge who gave it to the announcer who returned it to Hitomi. "Thank you." She smiled at the announcer before turning to Sonic. "It's still your move I believe?"
"True that. Well, I'll use Swords of revealing light to end my turn." Swords began to fall toward Hitomi's side of the field.
Hitomi drew her card "I'll switch my Suijin to attack mode, and pay 800 lifepoints to activate my Brain Control <6600> and I'll take your panda I think." She said coldly. Sonic shrugged. "That was a waist of brain control and 800 points of life." He said.
"Not really." She replied. "Because now I'll activate my face-down card Tribute Doll, and by tributing your panda, I can special summon my Kazejin.” (2400/2000) The second part of the trinity appeared on the field next to Suijin, and the both of them stared down at Beserk Gorilla menacingly. "Your move now Sonic." <SORL=1>
Sonic drew his card. What can i do to avoid losing my gorilla. He thought. "I know." He said aloud to himself. "Okay, i'll tribute my Gorilla for Manticore of Darkness." He said, the monsters switched and the Manticore appeared. (2300/1000) "Then I'll end my turn." Sonic said, passing the game on.
"Tell me something Sonic." Hitomi said as she drew her card. "Is this just a game to you? Is there anything that you have to win for?"
"Hmm, i never have been in a situation where this has been more than fun, Hitomi. I duel for the game, and to defeat those who think to use it as a weapon, like Egghead." Sonic replied.
"Then you can't understand what it feels to have someone you care about in danger, the risk of losing just too great. Which is why I must defeat you!"
"I'm sorry, Hitomi, but i can't just roll over and lose, because you feel that losing isn't an option. It's your move, so take it." Sonic countered. Hitomi looked at her hand.
"I'll set one monster and end my turn." she said dejectedly. <SoRL = 2 >
Sonic drew his card. "I'll summon Des Kangaroo and end my turn." Sonic said. (1500/1700)
Hitomi drew. "I'll tribute my face-down monster, Kaiser Seahorse to summon Sanga of the Thunder (2600/2200) in attack mode" The final, and strongest, part of the trinity appeared in between Suijin and Kazejin, the three towering above Sonics monsters. 'With the trinity in play, I could summon him....but that bastard Hiei is watching I know, and if he see's me play it....Hermana....'
"Now i get to witness all three in play." Sonic grinned. "All at once."
"I'll activate the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy your swords." Hitomi continued.
Sonic shrugged. "They were about to be gone anyway." He said.
"True. But now I can attack. Suijin, attack his Manticore. Kazejin, attack his Kangaroo. Sanga of the Thunder, his lifepoints are yours to take!!"
Sonic stretched a little. "I activate Mirror Force." He said.
"And I will counter it, with a trap of my own. Seven Tools of the Bandit!!" Hitomi flinched as 1000 lifepoints were taken away from her as her tools broke the Sonics Mirror Force. <5600>
"Very good." Sonic said, then took a barrage. <2900>
"Now that you've been taken down a notch or two, I'll set one face-down and end my turn."
Sonic drew his card. "Well, I'll summon Chiron the Mage. (1800/1000) And then I'll use Swords of Concealing light, and end my turn." Sonic said.
Hitomi drew. "I take it you think that with your swords on the field you're safe from my wrath?"
"That was the intention, yes." Sonic admitted.
"Well I'm afraid it isn't to be. I'll activate the spell card Book of Taiyou to turn my Sanga back into attack mode" Her monster stretched as it emerged to the field once again.
Sonic shrugged. "Worth a shot." he said.
"Indeed. And if I hadn't just drawn my spell card, it would have worked. Now Sanga, destroy his mage!"
In a flash of lightning, the mage was gone. Sonic smiled. "Not bad, Hitomi, you do show your worth, huh?" He said. <2100>
"Thank You Sonic. Your move" <SoCL =1>
Sonic drew his card. "I'll set this down and end my turn." Sonic said, placing a monster.
Hitomi drew a card "I'll attack your monster with Sanga."
Sonic grinned. "Oh, such a shame, Hitomi...You attacked my Hyena." He said.
"I hate that card." she moaned.
"Sure, his poor little self can't handle the blast, but his friends don't like you picking on him." Sonic said as the Hyena went to the grave and two more too his place in Defence. (1000/300) x2
Hitomi sighed and waved her hand, signalling the end of her turn.
"Finally, I'm getting somewhere." Sonic said, drawing his card. "One card face down and I'll use my two Hyena's too bring out a gift I got from Jenny. Rise! Behemoth the King of All Animals!!!" Sonic called as the two hyenas fled and the large Behemoth fell from the sky and with a crash, landed on Sonic's side of the field. (2700/1500)
"Oh dear..." Hitomi sighed.
"Thanks to his effect, I can bring any two beast type monsters from the graveyard to my hand, as he was tribute summoned with 2 monsters." Sonic said. "So, I'll bring my Des Kangaroo and my Gyaku-Gire Panda."
"Now, I remember the duel you had with Silver, so I am not going to be so rash as to go in for the attack right now. But this should be enough to save me for the time being." Sonic said. "You're move."
Now this could be a problem. I don't have anything that could destroy that monster...or don't I? She drew and studied her hand. It's not here. I'll just have to stall for time. "I'll flip my Suijin and Kazejin into attack mode and end my turn."
With the annoying, though amazing effects of the trinity, I can't even hope to attack her; I need to somehow remove the trinity. Sonic thought, he drew his card.
'That's it!' "I'll use Polymerization to fuse my Big Koala and Des Kangaroo to form my Master of Oz! Witness both my most powerful monsters!" The two begin to merge and then out popped the tubby boxing looking creature. (4200/3700)
Hitomi blinked "Oh...dear...that's an awful lot of attack points"
"Master of Oz is my most powerful Creature, Hitomi. So far I've seen no monster without the aid of effects or spells that has stood against its awesome powers." Sonic bragged.
"I know of only one myself, but whether it actually exists or is just legend I do not know" Hitomi agreed
"Hm, which could that be?" Sonic questioned.
"The Five God Dragon." Hitomi said "I hear there are none that can match its power."
Sonic laughed.
"Is something funny?" She asked
"That card is probably just fairy-tale." He said.
Hitomi shrugged "Whether it is or not, it's not in this duel. Finish your turn will you?"
Hiei looked down on them. 'That's what you think.' He thought.
"My turn is over." Sonic said.
'There goes that strategy. Even if I can destroy his Manticore, there is no way I can take down his fusion monster. I've never seen such power' she thought
'But I cannot lose. Hermana is relying on me. I must find a way!'
She drew 'Oh...damn, this could have come in handy. Well, I'll save it for now, I think I know what to do' she thought "I'll pass this round"
Sonic drew his card. "Hmm, I'll use Fissure." He said.
"Well, there goes Kazejin" Hitomi said sadly as the weakest of the Trinity was wiped from the field
"And I'm spent, your turn." Sonic passed on again.
Hitomi drew, added the card to her hand and sighed sadly "Your move"
Sonic drew his card and laughed.
As he looked at it.*
"Could have saved myself a fissure with this as the next card. Well, thanks to my Gyaku in my hand and this card, I'll use it. Lightning Vortex." Sonic said. Thunder Bolts began to rain down on Hitomi's side of the field.
She shielded herself as her monsters screamed in rage as they were struck down
"This....no....this can't happen...."
"Attack her, my monsters." Sonic said. The Behemoth and Oz charged Hitomi.
"I activate my trap card, Call of the Haunted, to bring back my Sanga of the Thunder!!" Hitomi screamed as the giant beasts thundered towards her
"Withdraw, my friends." The two monsters halted and returned to Sonic's side of the field.
'That was close' Hitomi thought. It almost looked as if she were close to tears
"I don't get it!" A crowd member shot.
"Yeah! Both those monsters are ownage to that sissy Sanga." Another cried out.
"Sonic's a wuss!" A third yelled. Shortly after, a riot broke out and people started throwing things at Sonic, who, though startled at first, used his stunning speed to zip past every object.
"I end my turn." Sonic said, whilst dodging.
Hitomi was lost in her own world. In her mind, she saw what Hiei could do to her sister. It filled her with anger and hatred, to the point she was about ready to explode
The gang was watching from the box.
"This is insane..." Tails said.
"Sonic is being weird, he's not attacking." Silver said. Everyone then looked at him like he was an idiot.
"Silver...have you learned nothing from having your ass canned by Hitomi?" Tails questioned.
"Well I..." Silver said.
"He's not attacking because he'll lose." Tikal said.
"I......I will set one monster and end my turn" Hitomi said between moments of rage
Sonic decides to explode. "ENOUGH!" Everyone stopped throwing stuff at him. He drew his card.
"One card face down and I end my turn." He said,
"He's still a wuss!" A crowd member yelled.
"Throw more stuff at him!" and thus the crowd began throwing stuff again.
"Where are they getting all that stu...hey, was that a fire extinguisher?" Tikal questioned, confused. Tails walked out of the room.
Hitomi drew her card 'Finally' she thought "Time to take you down Sonic"
Sonic stopped zooming to dodge, and was knocked in the head by the fire extinguisher. "A mom..moment...ple.." and he fell down backwards, his eyes swirling.
Hitomi growled "WILL YOU GET THIS BUNCH OF IDIOTIC MORONS TO BEHAVE BEFORE I TEAR THEM ALL TO SHREDS!!!!!!" she roared at the announcers
Tails walked into the arena and up to the announcer, stealing away the microphone. "Sonic is not attacking because Sanga's ability allows it to negate any monsters attack into 0, thus it would be 0 attacking 2600 attack points, this would mean that Sonic might as well be taking a direct shot of 2600 which TOTALS HIS LIFEPOINTS!!!" She roared at every, who now stopped throwing stuff and sat down.
Tails sighed and walked over to Sonic and lifted him up, he seemingly still a little dizzy.
"Is he alright Tails?" inquired Hitomi, who seemed to have calmed herself after her outburst
"Meh, he's taken harder blows to the head. He's fine." Tails replied.
"I want chocolate mummy, I want some mars bars..." Sonic said in his dizzied state.
"Yeah...just fine." Tails added.
Sonic shook it off. "Yeeeokay, where were we?" He asked.
"I was about to destroy you" Hitomi replied.
Tails then retreated to the room.
"Aha, well, go ahead." Sonic smiled.
"If you insist. First, I will flip summon my face-down card, Man-Eater Bug, and use his effect to destroy your Fusion Monster" she said as the bug jumped up at the great kangaroo and began to bite his ankles.
The monster tried it's best to stomp on it, but failed and after a while exploded. "That's not cool." Sonic said.
"Oh, it gets better. I'll use my second Tribute Doll to send my bug to the graveyard and special summon another Sanga of the Thunder to the field!!" she said, as the bug launched itself out of the way as another great monster appeared on her side of the field, both Sanga's standing either side of her, as if guarding her against everything.
"Even less cool." Sonic said.
"And to finish off my victory...I play Book of the Moon, to turn your remaining pet into face-down defence."
"Aha..." Sonic started. "I see what you're up to, but sorry. I still got time to turn this around." He said. I'll trigger my trap now. Threatening Roar!" With that, a horrific roar boomed in and terrified the two Sanga's.
"I...I don't...what's that?" Hitomi spluttered.
"Threatening Roar stops you from initiating an attack this turn." Sonic said, smirking.
'Curse him' she thought. "Fine, I'll end my turn"
Sonic drew his card. "Okay, flipping Behemoth back up and end my turn." (2700/1500)
"I'll draw, set one monster, and end my turn" she said
Sonic draws his card. "One monster face down and end." He said.
"Now, let's try this again shall we?" Hitomi said as she drew her card
"I'll flip summon my Medusa Worm (500/600) and use his effect to destroy your Behemoth!"
Sonic wasn't too thrilled about this. "Carry on." He said.
"I'll then use one of my Sanga's to attack your face-down!"
Big Tusk Mammoth appeared and was turned to dust in seconds from the thunder assault.
"And now, I believe, you're wide open. Sanga of the Thunder, attack him directly and win this duel for me."
And with the final strike, the duel was over. <0>
"Not bad, Hitomi, not bad. Now...it's time you explained yourself." Sonic said.
"Hiei took Hermana." she said "And if I lose, he said I'll never see her again."
"Hiei?" Sonic questioned.
“He's my brother.” Hitomi said. “He leads a group named the Shadow Clan, the people from earlier in the black robes were all his people.” Sonic rubbed his chin.
“Let's head back to the others.” He said. With that, the two gathered their things and walked back to the others.