Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Gladiator of the Streets ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16: The Gladiator of the Streets
 
It was the next day, Sonic walked down the stairs of Tails workshop, Tails was sleeping at her computer…like she usually is. Sonic casually walked over and carefully picked her up, taking her to the sofa and carefully placing her down. He then made his way into the kitchen.
 
Man…what a tournament this has turned out to be…not only does Egghead set his flunkies on us, but people have come out of nowhere and wish to harm us. Hitomi was hit by missiles and had a bomb on her neck, Hermana was nearly murdered and Marine was smashed by Eggman…What's worse is that to get to Eggman, I gotta go through that Blue Eyes using chick, and man she's not going to be easy. Sonic took some of the dishes and began to clean up. I wonder what will happen next… With that, the phone rang, slowly waking Tails up.
“Huh…?” She looked around a bit, woke up some more and was going to go for the phone, but Sonic walked out, drying his hands and answered it.
“Yo.” He said. “Hey, Silver, s'up?” Sonic went quiet for a bit. “Sure, we can come down in about fifteen minutes, Tails is still waking up, right, okay…sure, okay, cool. See you in a bit, later.” Sonic hung up, then looked at Tails. “Heya, sleepyhead.” He said. Tails smiled weakly and rubbed her eyes.
“What did Silver want?” Tails asked.
“Something about meeting up in town.” Sonic replied.
“I see, anything in particular?” Tails asked.
“Not really, just the usual hang out.” Sonic said.
“I see…” Tails lowered her head slightly. “Any word from Shadow?”
“Not really, seems he went missing after his loss to Cream.” Sonic said.
“I see…”
“You're really worried about him, huh?” Sonic folded her arms. “Heh, don't worry about that grump, he'll be fine.”
“Yeah, I guess you're right.”
 
-@-
 
Hitomi was sat next to Hermana's bed in the hospital. Hermana was getting better, but was still in a coma. Hitomi wasn't in a right frame of mind for it either.
“Such a shame we didn't intervene earlier, this could have been prevented.” Said Hiei as he walked in the room. Hitomi stood defensively.
“What do you want, brother?” She questioned angrily. Hiei extends his hand.
“Give me the card, dear sister.”
“Didn't your flunkies tell you? I don't have it.” Hitomi spat.
“Then I guess I'll take something else, I said it when I took Petal off of you, and I'll say it again, you are not fit to take care of my sisters, thus I will take Hermana from you now.” Hiei said.
“There is no way you're taking Hermana away from me, and I will get Petal back!” Hitomi said angrily. Hiei retracted his hand and took out his deck.
“Then fight to defend her.” Hiei said. Hitomi swallowed hard and pulled her deck. I can't beat Hiei… she thought.
“Fine…” She then activated her duel disk. Hiei activated his also.
“I'll go second, dear sister.” Hiei said.
Hitomi drew. A bad hand against Hiei is NOT a good thing… “Elemental Hero Wildheart to start off.” (1500/1600) “And one card face down. I'll end my turn.” Hiei sighs.
“I thought you'd put up a better fight, oh well.” He said, drawing his card. “I'll use card destruction.” He said. He discards 5 cards, as Hitomi discards 4. “I'll use Black Luster Ritual, using Gilford the Lightning to summon Black Luster Soldier. Then I'll use Premature burial to bring back my gilford to the game.” <7200> (BLS = 3000/2500 Gilford the Lightning = 2800/1400) “Now I'll summon Exiled Force, then tribute it to destroy your monster.” Hitomi's monster is destroyed. “Now, attack her.” The black luster and gilford ran in for the attack, and knocked Hitomi on her rear. <2200> “My turn ends.” Hitomi draws her card.
“…” Defeat lay in Hitomi's eyes.
“Got nothing, huh? Figures…” Hiei said.
“I'll use premature burial to bring back my discarded Suijin.” Hitomi said. <1400> (2500/2400) Hiei sighed. “My turn ends.” Hiei drew his card. “I'll use pot of avarice, to take 5 monsters from my deck and draw two cards.” And he does. “Well, this duel sucked.” He continued. “I'll lose lightning vortex removing the card from my hand, by Suijin.
“Damn it!” Hitomi nearly screamed.
“And Black Luster, you know what to do.” Black luster ran in and smashed Hitomi into the wall. <0> “I guess you lose…so I will take Hermana here.” Some shrouded people then appeared in a flash in the room. Hitomi ran over to Hiei and grabbed him by the collar, their faces close.
“If you dare try to take Hermana from me…” Hiei grabbed Hitomi by the neck and lifted her into the air, she let go of his collar and grabbed his arm.
“You listen to me, Sister, you will fight that tournament, and you will win, or I will not give Hermana back to you.” Hiei threatened. Hitomi gritted her teeth.
“You….bastard…” She said. Hiei then with the flick of his wrist, threw Hitomi through the window and looked at his men.
“You know what to do.” He said.
 
Hitomi fell, grabbed onto the branch of a tree as she fell, hoping it would break the fall, but alas it broke, though her injuries could have been worse. She hopped up from the ground and dashed it back in the hospital, ran up all the stairs to the 3rd floor and to Hermana's room, when she entered all that was left was an empty bed. Hitomi fell to her knees in disbelieve.
 
“…no…”
 
-@-
 
A kid was sat on a park bench, shuffling his cards watching the duellists in the park. While there were many, trading, duelling, having fun, most of them were amateurs. The hare simply sighed, nearby, a black wolf stood leaning against a tree, watching the other duellists around him, keeping a specific eye on the hare.
"Why is there never any competition? I come here day after day and all I see is the same old losers. I can't enter championships because I haven't made a name for myself....but how can I make a name for myself if all I can win against are these pathetic kids?" The hare, Kiros, sighed. "It's a load of rubbish...." The wolf, Kyma, stands upright, taking out his deck and quickly flicking through it, seemingly doing a check. Kiros notices Kyma and his deck Hey he's a new facenot seen him around here before. And the way he stands shows certain....arrogance, whichcan only be associated with a decent duellist He stands and shouts across the park "HEY YOU!! I WANNA DUEL YOU!!" Kyma looks over at Kiros and shuffles his deck, then inserting it into his disk, raising his head slightly, beckoning Kiros over. "Oh yeah!" He runs across the park, jumping over kids and flowers, landing in front of Kyma as he inserts his deck into his Duel Disk
"Let's go pal! I hope you're better than these kids" Kyma then activates his duel disk "since your so keen you can go first"
 
From the other side of the park, our favourite heroes had gathered to meet, as arranged. Silver took notice of the duel about to commence and informed the others.
"Hmm," Sonic thought. "This could be fun, lets watch." Sonic, Tails, Cream, Rouge, Tikal, Silver, Knuckles and Blaze all walked over.
 
"Don't mind if I do!" Kiros draws "I'll set 2 face downs, and summon Gladiator Beast Dimacari, in attack mode!" (1600/1200) The armoured bull appears with a loud snort "That'll do for now!"
"Gladiator Beasts?" Sonic questioned.
"I've heard about these monsters, apparently, they retract into the deck and another takes it's place, interesting." Tails commented. Kyma draws a card and looks down at his hand.
"Guess I should start simple. By summoning Marauding Captain." Kyma places down marauding captain in attack mode. (1200/400)
"And because of his effect, meet my Amazoness Blowpiper" (800/1500) Kyma then summons his blowpiper in attack mode also "and I guess you know she has a effect also, so I weaken your beasts attack by 500"
Amy soon joined the group. "Sorry I'm late guys, missing a duel? What has happened so far."
"Nothing much." Said Sonic. "Only just started, really."
"Ha, nice effect man!" Dimacari shrinks a little as its attack falls
"now, marauding captain, attack his beast" Kyma's marauding captains charges at Gladiator Beast Dimacari, ready to attack.
"Not this time man, I activate my trap, Negate Attack!" Kyma nods
"I end my turn"
Kiros draws and looks at his hand "Okay! I'll tribute my Dimacari to summon Zaborg, the Thunder Monarch (2400/1000), and on his summon he destroys one monster on the field!" Zaborg arrives on the field, and as he does so, fires a lightning bolt that destroys Amazoness Blowpiper
 
"Ouch." Said Cream.
"Not good for the amazon boy." Rouge said, grinning.
"I hope he recovers." Tikal added.
 
"Not really that much of a loss...continue."
"Ha just wait, because I'm far from done! I'll activate the field spell card Colossuem - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts!" As he plays the card, the park suddenly becomes an ancient Roman Arena, complete with spectators in togas in the stands
 
"Woah...so this is the new field?" Tails said in awe, looking around.
"Well, one of them." Rouge replied.
"Heh, wonder what it does." Said Tikal.
Sonic folds his arms. 'I wonder about this kid, seems like a talented duellist.' He thought.
 
Almost in answer to Tikal's question, Kiros said "And seeing as it's a new field, I'll explain what it does...no, wait, I'll go one better, I'll SHOW you, first, I'll remove the Earth-Type Gladiator Beast Dimacari in my graveyard from play, to special-summon Gigantes (1900/1300) to the field!!" As the massive Gigantes appeared, a large golden ring, set in the wall of the Colloseum, glows behind Kiros
 
Silver grinned. "This is impressive, but pails in comparison to my guild of magicians." He said aloud and proud.
"Actually, he'd kick your ass up and down." Said a machine like voice. Rei the android walked up.
Knuckles growled. "You again?!" He clenched his fists.
"Threat Level of Echidna, minimal, I am not here to fight." Rei said. "Enjoying the show, like you."
"Shh, just watch." Tails fussed.
 
"Care to end your turn today?" Kyma mocked
"Sure. You're move man"
Kyma draws a card and grins at Kiros "You know that ring you like so much, well...its about to not be there again." Kyma then places down his own field card, sogen. Grass begins to appear from the middle of the arena, and expands. However, as the arena was about to be destroyed, it suddenly pushed against the field, destroying it instead
 
"Huh?" Tikal questioned. "What was that?" Kiros laughs as he holds up another Colloseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts card to show Kyma.
"Fair enough...looks like I'm doing this the old fashioned way." Kyma then places down amazoness swords woman in attack mode.
 
"I'm confused, Sonic." Cream said.
"I'm pretty confused as well..." Sonic commented.
 
"And since she's a little weak at the moment, I think ill give her a little item" Kyma then places down axe of despair and attaches it to his swords woman. (2500/1600) "Now, before I do anything else, I turn my marauding captain into defence mode."
 
"He must have used the gladiator card in his hand to somehow negate the field..." Rouge said.
"Hey! You broke the rules." Silver blurted.
"and no-" Kyma stops as Silver shouts.
"That sogan should have wiped the field of that coloseum." silver complained.
Kiros turns "What?! No way!! If I have another Colloseum card in my hand, I can discard it to prevent the one on the field being destroyed!!"
"Ah, interesting." Tikal said. "Pease excuse Silver." She said. "Sorry for interrupting, continue."
 
Kyma sighs slightly and continues "swords woman, attack his monarch" His swords woman then charges at Kiros monarch.
 
Blaze nudges Silver. "That was rude you know."
Silver frowned. "Sorry..."
 
Kiros is throw back against the wall of the arena as the Monarch is destroyed <7900> "Ow...."
"And just to make things interesting…I'll place a card face down and end my turn"
Kiros stands sluggishly, and then draws a card "Right then...hmm...I'll summon Gladiator Beast Bestiari to the field (1500/800) and I'll equip him with Gladiator Beast's Battle Manica, which stops him from being destroyed!! Attack his Amazon!!"
The great bird appears and heads straight for Kyma's Amazon, spear aimed straight at her
"Either your stupid or just want attention.." Kyma's amazon just blasts back at his beast
 
"Hmm, he's up to something." Tikal said.
 
Kiros flinches as he's hit by the recoil <6900> "You wish. I'll chain that move with this trap card, Compulsory Evacuation Device, to return one monster on the field to the owner's hand. Come on back Gigantes!! His own monster returns to his hand
 
Cream looked confused. "What happened?" She asked.
 
"Just continue with your turn"
Thank god he didn't destroy Gigantes...hedestroys all spells and traps on the field when he's destroyed in battle. Kiros thought.
"I'll end my battle phase, and in doing so I activate my Bestiari's special ability. At the end of my battle phase, if Bestiari attacked or was attacked, I can return him to my deck in order to special summon one Gladiator Beast from my deck, so long it ain't another Bestiari. So, say hello to one of my other friends, Gladiator Beast Secutor!! (400/300) I'll put him in defence mode, and as the monster my Battle Manica was returned to my hand or deck, it returns to mine. So I'll have that back, and I'll end my turn!"
 
"Now I'm really confused, Sonic...he used a strong monster to pull a weak one...??" Cream said.
"Sometimes it's nessicery, Cream, you'll understand, I'm sure it'll be explained." Sonic replied.
 
Kyma draws a card and looks over the field, he grins as he activates a spell card "I activate Premature Burial to bring back an old friend, Amazoness Blowpiper" (7200) Two more rings behind Kiros light up
Kyma peers at the rings for a moment "but don't worry, she wont be here for long, I sacrifice all 3 of my monsters to bring forth Gilford the lightning!"
"I activate my trap card Bottomless Trap Hole! Which removes your monster from play BEFORE his effect activates!!" As Gilford is destroyed, a 4th ring lights up behind Kiros
"Not that bad...I end my turn"
 
"What are those lights?" Silver asked.
Kiros seems a little breathless, as if this duel was particularly draining for him. He draws as he smiles a little. "I'll pass"
Kyma draws a card, "Seems like I'll be passing also"
Kiros draws "I'll summon my Penguin Soldier in attack mode (750/500) and attack you directly" <6450> "I'll end my turn"
Kyma draws his card and waves his hand, signalling another pass.
Kiros draws his card, arm beginning to droop a little "I'll tribute my Penguin to summon Thestalos, the Firestorm Monarch (2400/1000) which allows me to pick a card in your hand and destroy it. If it happens to be a monster, you take damage equal to 100x its level."
"Go ahead"
"The one on your far left!"
"You missed." Kyma turns it to reveal metal silver armour
"Nevermind. I'll end"
"Your being put off...not even attacking" Kyma draws his card
 
"Not bad." Said Blaze.
"An interesting move, yet threat level is only average." Rei commented.
 
"And I end, again" Kyma said.
Kiros draws "I'll attack you directly!! Go Thestalos" <4050> "I'll end it here"
Kyma draws and throws down a card in defence mode before waving his hand again, ending his turn.
Kiros draws. "I'll attack again!! Destroy his face down!!" Amazon fighter gets destroyed (1300/1300) "I guess I'll end it here again"
Kyma draws and throws another card in defence. "I end again"
"I'll....I'll...." He seems nervous of Kyma's strategy. "I'll end my turn"
Kyma draws and sighs slightly, summons Amazoness Paladin in attack mode (1700/300)
 
"Seems that other guy has the edge now." Silver said.
 
"And now I flip my defence card, command knight, which boosts my cards attack by 400" (2100/300) "Followed by these 2 magic cards, metal silver armour and fusion sword murasame blade, which should get her another nice boost" (2900/300)
"Now, attack his monarch!" the Amazon Paladin charges. Kiros shields his eyes from the blast as Thestalos is destroyed in a flash <6400>
 
Sonic grinned, "He just dropped that Thestalos, this is getting interesting." He said.
 
"Now, I think ill destroy your secutor with my knight" Kyma's Command Knight charges at the Secutor
 
"I still think this strategy pales to my magicians." Silver said.
"And I still think they'd both kick your ass." Tails countered.
 
Secutor vanishes in a cloud of dust, and as he disappears, two more monsters appear on the field, the giant bird Gladiator Beast Octavius (2500/1200) and the armoured rhino Gladiator Beast Hoplomus (800/2100), and two more rings light up.
 
"Still wonder about those rings though." Tails uttered.
 
"Now I end my turn"
"Not so fast!" Kiros interrupts "Because you destroyed my Secutor in battle, I can replace him with 2 Gladiator Beasts. And as I special summoned Octavius to the field, I get to destroy one magic or trap card. And I think that armour will have to go!" Kyma watches as his metal silver armour is destroyed
"Now! I'll set one card and attack your Amazon with Octavius!! Go my monster!" Kyma watches as his Amazon seems to strike back at Octavius.
 
"Huh? That's not right..." Tikal said.
 
Kiros smiles slightly, as after a slight struggle, Octavius manages to push back and strike Amazon down, the debris hitting Kyma for 200 point of damage.
 
Tails grinned. "Such effects on cards nowadays."
Kyma turns his head slightly "Care to explain?" (3850)
 
"I still think he's breaking the rules." Silver commented...
 
Kiros chuckles and points to the rings behind him "My my, and you were so impatient earlier. If only you'd have listened." He stops chuckling and looks at Kyma seriously. "Those rings add 100 attack and defence points to any Gladiator Beast on the field, and seeing as there's six...."
 
"...That's 600 points." Cream finished for him.
 
"Not a bad effect for the field...and there's a difference between being impatient and learning"
"If you'd have listened, you would have known before hand. Now, seeing as I have your attention now, Hoplomus also has a special effect. It's defence raises 300 points. And as I also have six tokens, his defence is 3000. And now, Octavius, return to my deck!" The giant bird returns to Kiros's deck as he explains "If I attack with Octavius, I either have to discard something from my hand, or he returns to my deck. Now, your move."
Kyma draws a card. "I'll place my Amazon archer in attack mode" (1400+400 = 1800/1000) "and now, your turn."
Kiros draws, and smiles "I'll set one monster face down, and end."
 
"This is interesting...I want to duel one of them." Sonic grinned.
"Me too." Knuckles added.
"I think that I'll pass this time around." Tails said.
"Likewise, I got things at my club to sort out." Rouge added.
 
Kyma draws a card and grins slightly "Wonder how you will like this card, I sacrifice both my monsters to summon my Dark Magician in attack mode." Kyma's monsters both disappear as his Dark Magician appears. Kiros whistles.
"Very nice!! What a legend card pal!!"
 
"Ahh, a worthy card indeed." Silver said. "It warms my soul to see that card. Mahad! Great to see you in play!" Silver shouted.
 
Kyma laughs slightly at Kiros comment. "Now I play down my spell card, Knights title! This allows me to sacrifice my Dark Magician to summon my Dark Magician Knight!" Kyma's dark magician turns into a knight as the card is played.
"Hmm, so another fool has the Dark Magician Knight, shame he's not worthy of him." A cloaked figure from the far edge of the crowd uttered.
"Now, because of his effect I can destroy any card on the field, I pick your field!"
 
"Nice play." Sonic said.
 
"Not so fast pal, cause I got my third field card in my hand! So by discarding it, my field is safe for now." He throws the card in the graveyard
 
"Nicer comeback." Said Tikal.
 
"Still believing in one card, no matter, my knight, attack his face down." Kyma's knight charges at the face down card. Magician of Faith appears and is crushed. "Thanks, I get to bring a spell card back to my from my graveyard, so I'll pick my Colosseum card." Kyma sighs slightly
"No surprise there, I end my turn."
Kiros drew. “I'll set one card and end"
Kyma draws "An end for me also."
Kiros draws and grins "I will flip summon my face-down. Appear, Medusa Worm!! (500/600) And when he's flip summoned, I can destroy one of your monsters and then flip him back face down. So say goodbye to your Knight!!" Kyma growls slightly as his knight is destroyed. Ifthings keep going this way,Iwont beable to hold for much longer...
 
"Incapacitation of the Dark Magician Knight. Strategy Level 6, considered threatening." Rei said.
 
"I'll then switch my Hoplomus into attack mode (1400/3000) and attack you directly!!" Kyma gets knocked back as he is hit, but stopping before he hits the arena wall. (2450) "I'll end my battle phase, and return him to my deck to bring out another old friend" Grins as his Gladiator Beast Secutor (400/300) appears in defence. "And don't forget my field!" Another ring lights up. "This gives Secutor a total of 1000 defence points! And I'll end it there."
Kyma draws and places down a spell card "I activate pot of avarice, which allows me to place 5 cards from my graveyard into my deck then draw 2 cards."
 
"Five monsters, actually." Tails corrected.
 
"Same difference" Kyma takes 5 cards from his graveyard and places them in his deck, shuffling it then drawing 2 cards
 
"Not really, you can't take cards, just monsters." Tails wasn't happy with Kyma's attitude.
 
"Now, I place a card face down and summon my beta the magnet warrior in attack mode" (1700/1600) "Now, destroy that worm..." Kyma's magnet warrior charges at the face down card. Kiros shields himself as his worm is vanquished "No matter, he did his job!"
 
"If the worm was face down, doesn't that use his flip effect?" Cream asked.
 
"Not quite. It only works when I flip him. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply in battle" Kiros said.
Kyma states "by destroying it I stop myself from losing a monster every turn...now I end my turn"
 
"Yes is does, if it's flipped, which it is, then it's effect is in play." Tails countered.
 
"Listen to what he said, it doesn't apply if its from battle" Kyma seems to get a little restless with the crowd
 
"All monsters must be flipped in order to see the stats, so the effect applies. I guess it is your choice if you use it..." Tails folded her arms.
 
Kiros sighs with impatience "It only activates on a flip summon. Being destroyed in battle doesn't count as one, therefore his effect does not apply."
"It's your move, lets continue before they get more annoying.."
 
Sonic smiled and pats Tails on the head. "No need to interrupt there Tails, just let them play." He said.
 
"Agreed with you there pal, if there's one thing I hate, it's backseat duellists" Throws a glare at Tails 'arrogant know-it-all, thinks she's all that. Why doesn't she just butt out' "I'll draw, and I'll end my turn"
Kyma draws and sets a card face down "I'll place this down and attack your secutor with my warrior." Kyma's magnet warrior charges at Secutor.
 
'Arrogant duellist, hope I get to see you beaten...cocky ass mother...' Tails then sighs. Secutor is destroyed, and 2 more Gladiator Beasts appear on the field, Dimacari (1600/1200) and Hoplomus (800/2100), as 2 more rings light up. "Cheers man, you just making me even stronger.”
"If you say so, I activate my trap." Bottomless trap hole appears, aimed at Dimacari.
"I'll counter with Dust Tornado!!"
 
Knuckles grinned. "I would have destroyed that field by now." he said.
"Yeah, well you're not duelling." Tikal countered, giving him a nudge.
 
"If you must." Kyma's trap hole fails. "Now, I end my turn"
Kiros draws "Okay then, this is it. I'll attack your Beta with Dimacari, and because of my field he has 2500 attack points.” Kyma grins slightly as he activates his trap, magic cylinder appears
 
"Ooohh, ouch." Blaze commented.
"Nice one." Silver added.
 
"Crap...." Kiros moans as Dimacari's attack is reflected right back at him, sending him flying <3900>
"It's not over yet" Kiros exclaims as he rises to his feet "Cause Dimacari can attack again!! Go ahead pal, attack!!" Kyma moves his arm up as a shield as his magnet warrior is destroyed. (1650) "And now, my Hoplomus, attack for 1700!! End this duel!!" Kyma gets blasted into the arena wall behind him, but keeping to his feet ( 0 ) Kiros laughs as the duel ends and the field vanishes.
 
"Hey that was a nice duel man, should do it again some time!"
"Maybe we will, hopefully without people asking stupid questions"
"Nice duel." Sonic clapped.
"I have to admit I was most impressed."
Kyma removes his deck from his disk, listening to sonic for the moment
"Now, how about this..." Walks over to Silver and then Tails, taking them both by the arms. "Since they were rude from what I heard, wanna see if they can back up their words?" Sonic smiled.
"Oh you got it pal, I want the annoying runt that accused me of cheating!!" says Kiros
Kyma grins as he slips his deck back into his disk "Wouldn't mind another one.”
“How're we gonna do this then?" Kyma asked.
"Sonic...?" Tails uttered.
"I don't mind, bring it on." Silver said.
"I want a one-on-one, so I can humiliate this slanderous fool myself" Kiros shouted
"I'll take you on." Silver shouted back, activating his duel disk. Kiros did the same, as Kyma walked to the sidelines to watch. The two drew 5 cards.
 
“First turn honours are mine.” Silver drew a sixth card. “I will set, 2 cards face down and summon my Skilled Dark Magician.” With that, the Skilled Dark Magician appeared ready for combat. (1900/1700) “This ends my turn.”
“Heh, this will be easy with a play like that.” Kiros said, drawing a card.
“Watch your mouth; you got better, show me.” Silver blurted.
“As you wish, I'll use Mystical Space Typhoon on the second card you have face down.”
“It was of no use to me anyway.” Silver discarded the card. “Also, because of the spell, I can place a spell counter on my Magician.” Silver does so.
“Then why have it in your deck?” Kiros laughed. “Now, I'll summon Gladiator Beast Bestiari.” And his monster appeared. (1500/800)
“Hah, your monster pales in comparison to mine.” Silver said.
“Yeah, well I'm not done. I'll first use Heavy storm to remove the rest of the spells and traps, now I'll use Ancient Rules and summon my Red Eyes Black Dragon.” Kiros scroll appears, and then erupts in flame and the Black Dragon flies out and to the field. (2400/2000)
“Hm, better than I thought…” Silver trailed. “2 more counters for my magician.”
Did “Shame they won't be of use, attack him my dragon.” With one gust, Silvers monster was destroyed. <7500>
“Grr…”
“And directly, my beast.” The Bestiari attacked Silver, knocking him down. <6000> “And with that, my turn is over. This good for you?” Kiros grinned.
“Damn…” Silver draws a card. “I will use Premature Burial to bring back my Skilled Dark Magician, sure it's another 800 life points, but worth it in the end.” The Magician appeared. <5200> “Now I will summon my Apprentice Magician.” (800/400) “I'll use her effect to place a spell counter on my Skilled Dark Magician.” {1} “Now I will use Smashing Ground, goodbye Red Eyes.” The Red-eyes is then flattened by a giant fist.
“Nooooooo!!!!!” Kiros cried. “How dare you! You'll pay DEARLY for that!”
“Heh, seems I hit a soar spot, well, I won't be paying for crap for 3 turns, not with my sword of revealing light.” White swords then fell from the sky and hit Kiros's side of the field.
 
“Hmm…” Sonic pondered.
“Something wrong, Sonic?” Cream asked.
“Nothing…”
 
“I get another 2 counters on my magician, and that's enough for him to graduate, so become the Dark Magician!” (2500/2100) “Now you're in trouble, attack that beast!” The Dark Magician powers to attack.
“Oh no!” Kiros said sarcastically. “I'll use shrink.”
“Damn it!” Silver cursed as his magician was reduced and destroyed. <4950>
“I'll use Bestiari's effect to return him to my deck and summon Gladiator Beast Secutor in his replace in defence.” (400/300)
“You mock me with that trash?” Silver asked insulted.
“Not really.”
“I'll end my go here.” Silver said.
“I'll draw, set one monster down and end my go.” Kiros said as he resolved his cards. <SORL=1>
Silver draws a card. “I'll summon Peten the Dark clown. (500/1200) and attack your monster!” Silver ordered, the clown took a knife, ran in and slashed the Secutor, destroying it. “Now I'll attack your face down with my Apprentice! Go!” The Apprentice ran in and smacked the face down with her staff, destroying the Magician of Faith.
“That allows me to take a magic card from my graveyard to my hand, so I'll have this one. My mystical space typhoon.” Kiros said. “Also, you destroyed Secutor…my friends don't like that, so they will come to avenge him with his effect, come Dimacari and Bestiari!” Two new monsters appeared. (1600/1800) “And since Bestiari was special summoned due to a gladiator beast, I destroy one spell or trap on your side of the field, like the swords, for instance.” The swords then shatter.
“Damn you!” Silver cursed. “Get on with it, I end my turn.”
 
“He's really getting to Silver.” Blaze said.
“Yeah…” Said Cream.
 
Kiros drew. “I'll set one card face down and attack your apprentice with Bestiari.” The monsters crash and the magician is destroyed.
“Grrr…” Silver growled in frustration. <4250>
“Now, Dimacari Attack Petan the dark clown, and you won't be fighting him alone, I'll help you with Shrink!” The monster charged as Petan shrank.
“Nooooooo!” Silver yelled out as his monster was destroyed. <2900> “Damn it…You're monsters aren't the only ones who like revenge…I summon another Petan using my destroyed clowns effect.” Another clown appears. “This time in defence.”
“Well, it won't be staying, my Dimacari has an effect too, it can attack twice in the same battle phase if special summoned by a gladiator beast effect, so it'll attack him too.” Kiros grinned.
“Damn you!” Silvers monster was destroyed.
“This ends my go.” Kiros said.
“Time for some back pay.” Silver said, drawing a card. “…one card face down and end.”
“So much for back pay.” Kiros said, drawing a card. “I'll also set and end my turn.”
Silver draws. “Another face down and end.”
“You're boring.” Kiros drew. “Lust Dragon in attack mode.” Kiros said, summoning his dragon. (1900/1600) “Attack him.”
“Not so fast! Magic Cylinder reverts your attack and…”
“That's great and all, but dust tornado sorts it out, so…my attack succeeds.” Kiros interrupted. Silver was knocked down and lost points. (1000) “For someone with a lot of lip about my cards and how your mages could easily defeat me, you sure couldn't back it up. Hell, you didn't even touch my life points. You sucked big time, Silver the Hegdehog, you were boring. Dimacari, end him now.” And as Silver stood, he was knocked right back down.
“Damn it.” He cursed. “This was simply a warm up match.” Silver lied.
“A loser always makes excuses.” Kiros said. Sonic looked at Tails and gave her a nudge.
 
Tails walks over and sighs. "Fine, fine... So you want to punish me then?"
"I said nothing about punishing, did I?"
"You'd let me leave then?" Tails asked. "I'm really not interested in duelling today." She stretches and clicks her fingers.
"I never said that either" Kyma grins slightly
"Huh? but I don't want to duel..." she sighs. "Fine..." Tails activates her duel disk, takes out and shuffles her deck.
"ill let you pick who goes first"
"This sucks...I wasn't intending on duelling today at all." She sets her deck into the duel disk and draws 5 cards. "Take the honours, please." Kyma nods at Tails then draws his 5 cards, followed by another
"I'll start by placing a card face down in defence, and end my turn."
"Okay." Tails draws her card. "Seeing as you have a monster on your side of the field and I don't, I'll summon Cyber Dragon from my hand using her effect." The Cyber Dragon burst out of the ground.
"not bad...continue"
"I'll set one card face down and attack your face down." Tails initiated the attack. (2100/1600) Big shield Gardna appears and bashes the dragon back (100/2600) Kyma grins slightly at Tails. Tails simply shrugs. "One monster face down and I'll end my turn." <7500> Kyma watches as his gardna is forced into attack after Tails battle phase has ended, and draws a card.
"I place my amazoness swords woman in attack mode, then equip her with this, my axe of despair, which will boost her attack by 1000" (2500/1600) "followed by changed my gardna back to defence mode" The Gardna then lifted his shield in front of him. "now, swordswoman, destroy her dragon" Kyma's swords woman charges at Tails dragon. Tails shrugged as her dragon was destroyed. <7100> "now, your turn"
Tails draws her card. "Okay, first I'll tribute my set Cyber Archfiend for my second Cyber Dragon." Tails said as she resolved her cards and the Dragon appeared. "And I'll trigger Call of the Haunted to bring back the one you destroyed." Tails said as the other appeared. "Now I'll activate Overload Fusion." Tails triggered her spell. "This allows me to remove from play my dragons to bring out Cyber Twin Dragon." The two dragons then launched into the air and combined with each other, forming the twin-headed version of itself. (2800/2100) "Now I'll summon Cyber Kirin, and use his effect to discard him to the graveyard for his effect. Now attack the swordswoman, my dragon." Tails ordered. The Dragon charges up and fires a giant beam from it's left head. Kyma shrugs slightly as his swordswoman is destroyed
"none of us take damage for our cards effects it seems, but for my axe of despairs effect, I think ill keep it around, so my gardna will tribute for it to go to the top of my deck instead of the graveyard" Kyma's big shield gardna also disappears
"Yes, thanks to my Kirin, I don't take the damage I'm supposed to take, so no damage, however, you will regret that decision with the axe." Tails said. "Attack him Cyber Twin Dragon!" The Dragon charges up and fires a beam from it's right head directly at Kyma.
"you see, I knew that was coming anyway" Kyma braces himself as he is hit by the dragon, managing to keep were he is standing (5200)
"Are you watching the tournament, by the way?" Tails asked. "My turn ends here."
Kyma draws his card "maybe ill tell you after the duel, now, I summon my amazoness paladin in attack mode" (1700/300)
"Another duellist who hates midbattle small talk..." Tails sighed.
"Not that I hate it, its just something that's not exactly needed to know?" Kyma then places down his axe of despair, boosting his paladins attack to 2700
"and her other effect gives her another 100 attack points as well." Tails spoke. "I know about that card."
"that's not all, I also play down sogan, which gives her another 200" Kyma places down his field card as it turns into a open field
"Interesting." Tails said.
"Which will give her a total of 3000 now since you revealed her effect, now, destroy that dragon" Kyma's paladin charges at the dragon, ready to strike. As the paladin ran, she seemed to shrink and was then stomped on. "Sorry, I think not. Tails showed the card in her hand. "I used the quickplay card Shrink, so no go for you." Tails smiled.
(3900) Kyma shrugs "recklessness lost me this, no matter" Kyma waves his hand, signalling the end*
"Oh well, don't worry too much about it, I didn't get into the finals with armature skills you know, so don't fret about this loss." Tails said, drawing her card. "Hm, well, just attack him Cyber Twin." Tails said. Kyma takes the double blast and flies back, landing on his feet as he's about to hit the floor and stands up ( 0 )
"Now may I go?" Tails asked.
"Never been stopping you" Kyma walks past Tails and removes his deck from his disk, muttering something as he places a card on the top. Tails watched him curiously.
 
The group packed up and went home.
 
I'm sure we will meet those guys again, I can't wait to duel them… Sonic thought.