Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ Eggman Notions ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15: Eggman Notions
 
“How was your visit?” Aqua asked.
“Adequate.” Hiei replied.
“Lord Hiei.” The android walked up.
“What is it, Rei?” Hiei asked.
“It's the data you required on subjects Kirika, Shadow, Cream, E.G.G.M.A.N, Penelope, Tikal, Knuckles, Blaze the Fire Wielder, Tails and Sonic.” Rei said. “I have it uploaded on my mainframe computer.”
“Hmm…tell me what you know of Penelope.” Hiei ordered.
“Penelope owns the three great white Dragons, Blue Eyes. She plays her deck mainly in hopes of summoning these creatures to the field as soon as she can. Subject is expected to own all forms of the Blue eyes. This includes the Ultimate Dragon.” Rei explained.
“Hmm…”
“I also have suspicion she might contain the ultimate of dragons, the…” Rei was cut.
“I am aware of the creature. I am also aware how she might utilise the dragons power.” Hiei lifted a hand to his chin. “Have you downloaded information on the next ban list?”
“Affirmative.” Rei replied. “The new ban list recently downloaded will be enforced no later than a few weeks from this tournament. It's confirmed that Confiscation, Metamorphisis, Ring of Destruction and Snatch Steal are newly banned. Brain Control, Breaker the Magical warrior, Card Trooper, Destiny Hero - Disk Commander, Fissure, Gold Sarcophagus, Magician of Faith, Marshmallow, Megamorph, Smashing Ground, Snipe Hunter, Trap Dustshot, The Transmigration Prophecy and Wall of Revealing Light are now limited to one and Destiny Hero - Malicious, Green Gadget, Jinzo, Nobleman of Crossout, Pot of Avarice, Red Gadget, Royal decree and Yellow Gadget are limited to two.” Rei explained.
“Anything freed up?” Aqua questioned.
“D. D. Assailant, Deck Devastation Virus, Good Goblin Housekeeping and preloaded of the sanctuary.” Rei answered instantly.
“Interesting. You're dismissed.” Hiei said. Rei then walked off. “Jin.” Jin appeared behind Hiei.
“Yes, Lord Hiei.”
“Did you retrieve the card?”
“No, Hitomi claims not to own it any longer.” Jin replied.
“Bah, away with you.” Jin bowed and warped off. “That girl will give me that card.”
 
“Will the finalists Eggman and Captain Marine please make your way to the arena!” The announcer called. Back in the box.
“So, Eggman is finally up, huh?” Sonic questioned. “And Marine too, I still can't believe she's here. Lets see what she can do.”
“She's good.” Tikal said. “She's proved her worth, being runner up in the world championships. She even nearly beat me.”
“Cool.” Sonic said. “I wonder how old Egghead will fare.”
 
Back at the arena, the two approached, Eggman in his eggwalker from the Ark Incident. Marine looked pissed off. The two rose to the arena and Marine began her speech.
“It's been a long time comin', and I've finally found ya once again! Ya left me with nothin' and I'll get my payback fer that.” Marine said, everyone was listening intently. “After what ya did and the pain it's put me through, the irritation of it slowly goin' through my mind constantly, itchin' at the back of my neck! It's time to show ya what I'm made of! And once I defeat ya…” Everyone was on the edge of his or her seats, even Pegasus was interested. “You're gonna tell me what Eggmanland is!” She yelled and shook her arms violently. This made the whole crowd, Sonic and his friends and even the Dr and Pegasus fall over.
“Well, that was a mouthful and a half of rubbish.” Eggman said, getting back in his walker. “But I'm afraid you're nothing compared to me you little brat.”
“Please, if it wasn't fer me, Sonic and Blaze woulda never taken ya down.” Marine said proudly.
“Precisely, that's why you get a special something.” Eggman lifted the grey chaos emerald.
“Wait, that's a…” Marine was surprised.
“Yes, it's a chaos emerald and by placing it in this little slot here, it enhances the effects of the duel tenfold…for you at least.” Eggman's walker the shot out some wires, which connected to the arena and activated it.
“Wha…what'cha think ya doing, eh?” Marine was a little scared.
“Well, kid? Think you can handle me? Or would you like to forfeit now.” Eggman questioned.
“That doesn't sound like a bad idea…” Marine said with a sweat drop on her head. Everyone fell over again. “But I never quit, cause I'm Captain Marine! And me and my shipmates are gonna take you down! And it's gonna be Ripper!” Marine said all excited. Now this time, everyone else had sweat drops. The duel began as the two slotted their decks. Eggman pushed a button on his walker as the needle was stopping on Marine and it switch to stop on him. The announcer thought this was suspicious, but said nothing. Robotnik took his 6th card.
“I'll set these two cards, activate Soul Absorption and summon Shining Angel.” Robotnik said as the angel descended. (1400/800)
 
From the box, most of the group had sweat drops.
“Wow, how evil of you, eggy.” Sonic said, sarcastically.
“I was expecting something…darker.” Amy said.
“Don't underestimate why he uses that card.” Hitomi said, abruptly.
 
“That will be all, proceed brat.” Eggman said.
Marine drew her card. “I will set these down and summon my first shipmate! Mermaid Knight!” Marine's side of the field then shot up water from the ground, which startled Marine, as the Mermaid Knight appeared. (1500/400) Marine patted her chest a little then relaxed. “Matey! Attack that angel!” The Mermaid then “swam” forward and attacked, destroying the angel. Eggman mockingly lifted his hands to his cheeks, as if shocked.
“Oh my! My angel has been destroyed!” He mocked. Then he lowered his hands and smirked. “But, he won't go without leaving me something.” Y-Dragon Head then appeared on his side of the field. (1500/1600)
“Huh? That can't be legal.” Marine complained.
“On the contrary, Shining Angel let's me special summon a light monster of 1500 or less attack from my deck upon being destroyed.” Eggman then laughed.
“No big deal, anyway, my turns over.”
Eggman drew a card. “I'll summon X-Head Cannon (1800/1500) then equip my Y-Dragon Head to him.” The two machines then transformed a little so they could connect. (2200/1900)
“Well, that ain't good.” Marine said.
“Not at all, attack her, my X-Head Cannon! Destroy the mermaid!” The machine then loaded it's weapons and shot the mermaid, which exploded in a second. <7300>
“This ain't good.” Marine muttered.
“This concludes my move.” Eggman said,
Marine drew her card.
“I guess I'll set this matey down, an' that'll be all, eggbuttnik…” Marine said.
Robotnik drew his card. Perfect… He thought. “Very well, I'll decompose my Y-Dragon Head from my X-Head Cannon and summon Z-Metal Tank.” The machines decomposed and Z-Metal appeared next to them. (1800/1500) (1500/1600) (1500/1300)
“If I knew ya was gonna do somethin' stupid like that, I wouldn'ta set, but summoned somin'.” Marine said.
“Ah, but I'm not done, little girl.” Robotnik laughed. “I'll remove them all from play.”
“What?” Marine was confused. “Now ya've just gone wacko…”
“Actually, by removing them from play, they merge and become XYZ-Dragon Cannon. (2800/2600)”
“Oh…poo.”
“And that's not all, thanks to my Soul Absorption, my life points increase by 1500, seeing as how 3 monsters were taken into another dimension..or removed from play.” <9500>
“Hey! Knock that off!” Marine yelled.
“I don't think so. Speaking of which, I activate Return from different Dimension and bring back my 3 lovely machines.” And the three robots returned. (1800/1500) (1500/1600) (1500/1300)
“Oh…shazbutt…” Marine said stepping back a bit. It's fine…I still have my Yomi Ship on field…he can't touch me.
“Now, form up my machines.” Again the machines then lifted into the air and fell down, another XYZ-Dragon Cannon stood before Marine. (2800/2600) Now Marine was afraid. Robotnik laughed. <11000> “Now I will use their special effect, by removing a card from my hand, I can destroy a card you control, so I will use both of them, by removing my V-Tiger Jet and W-Wing Catapult from my hand to destroy your monsters!” Robotnik said as the monsters were discarded, and Marines destroyed.
“This isn't fare.” Marine moaned.
“Attack her, my machines.” The two machines then opened all sockets on their bodies and missles flew out and struck Marine, though she blocked the explosions felt very real…so real she flew out of the arena into the wall with a crack and collapsed to the floor. <1700> The announcer quickly ran to her aid, and found her in a state of shock, a condition unfit to continue.
“This girl will need a doctor, thus I hereby forfeit her.” Doctors soon ran out, as Robotnik disconnected, reclaimed his deck and left.
 
Back in the box. Sonic and his friends were nearly speechless.
“Man…that was just wrong…so very wrong…” Tikal said.
“Yeah…Marine was helpless…” Sonic added.
“Is this what he did to you, Hitomi?” Cream asked.
“No, I got pelted by two of those and it's ultimate form, as well as A lesser version.” Hitomi said.
“He got nearly all of them on you?” Tails asked.
“Pretty much.”
“Wow…how awful.” Cream said. As the team finished talking, paramedics brought Marine through and into the medical ward just next door. Most of the team followed as Marine was connected up to the machines.
“This isn't what is supposed to happen at this tournament.” Said one of the paramedics.
”Yeah, tell me about it. It's supposed to be fun and entertaining, but instead it's become a massacre…I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of it was cancelled.” The other replied.
“Sounds like a good idea, Hermana and Marine have felt wrath here and it's not on.” Sonic added his 2 cents.
“Well, we'll see what they do, won't we?” Knuckles said.
“Let's leave them be, guys.” Tikal said, and the group left.
 
“May I have your attention, it appears that one of the duellists has left the premises due to a family emergency and thus forfeits, Blazy-girl gets a bye this round.” Pegasus was on the floor of the arena with a microphone. “I have decided that due to all of the accidents that have unfortunately accrued…”
“Here we go, cancellation.” Silver spoke.
“…after the next round, we will take a short break. So will the final two finalists make your way to the arena and lets get this over with, some of us are hungry for fresh air.” Pegasus then left the arena.
Vax walks from the right side of the Arena, his face showing anger for the fallen team mates, Jenny and Tau. Lien-Da walks from the side of the stage to the arena and stands in her spot. "This shouldn't take long."
Vax grinned. "You're right. It won't. I intend to win very quickly"
The announcer looks back and forth between duellists. "Let the duelling begin!" The needle spins and lands on Vax. Lien-Da picks up 5 cards.
Sonic and his friends watch from the box.
"So, she is here as well..." Tails uttered.
"Seems so...obviously working under Egghead." Sonic replied.
"I wonder if Vax will win." Jenny said.
Vax draws his cards, then a sixth.
"Alright, here we go. I'll place 3 cards face down and set one monster. Your move"
Lien-Da picks up her card. "Hm... One monster face down and I end my turn."
"Pathetic. This shouldn't take too long." Vax grins as draws. "I'll summon my Insect Knight. (1900/1600) This should take care of that monster. Attack her, my beast!"
"Oh dear, seems you've flipped my needle worm." Lien-Da said with a smile. "Needle worm is hungry, so burrow into his deck, my hungry worm." The worm lifts off after revealing itself and buries itself into Vax's deck. "You see, my needle worms flip effect is to discard the top 5 cards of your deck, hope they weren't important." Vax growls as Needle Worm takes his 5 top cards
"Damn....No matter, I'll still wipe the arena with you" The needle worm comes out of the ground back in defence position and dies.
"Well, he might be gone, but Needle Worm served his purpose."
"A pathetic strategy for a pathetic duellist. This ends my turn"
Lien-Da Draws another card. Vax taps his foot in annoyance Damn…those 5 cards could have come in handy. I'll have to really up my game now.
"Right, another monster face down and this card face down, this shall end my turn."
"About time!" Vax draws a card. "I'll play my face down, Jar of Greed, which allows me to draw another card from my deck" Vax draws another card, and grins.
"Meh, you'll need all the cards you can get, as a lot will be gone soon." Lien-Da Laughs aloud.
"I'll play my Nobleman of Extermination, so take that face-down and remove it from play. Oh, and if it's a trap, we look through our decks and remove any with the same name. So, is it loser?"
"Yes, it is a trap, a counter trap, which means I can activate it. It's called Magic Jammer and by discarding my Vampire Lord from my hand, I can negate and destroy your magic card." Lien-Da grins. Vax shrugs.
"Oh well. I'll the tribute my face down card to summon my Kaiser Glider (2400/2200) in attack mode" He smiles as his dragon appears on the field. Lien-Da simply yawns.
"Bring it on."
Vax growls. "You got it!! Insect Knight, attack her face-down!"
"Oooohhhh...you've flipped my Spirit Reaper." (300/200)
"So? It's pathetic!"
"Though it's defence is insignificant, it cannot be destroyed as a result of battle at any given time, even if damage calculation applies.” Lien-Da smiles nastily. "And it's in defence mode, so it doesn't take damage."
"Is that so? Well we'll see. Kaiser Dragon, take that pathetic weakling out!" Kaiser Dragon goes in for the kill, attacks, and spirit reaper evaporates. "HAHA!! See? I knew you were bluffing"
"Oh? Look again."
The spirit reaper rises from the ground, back in place.
Vax grits his teeth. "Damn......"
"Are you quite finished?" Vax waves his hand, signifying the end of his turn
Lien-Da Draws her card. "I'll set this card and summon Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower." The Bone tower burst from the ground. (400/1500) "This ends my turn." Vax draws, looking maybe just a little uncomfortable
"Am I scaring you, boy?" Lien-Da Laughs.
From the box.
"Oh I hate that woman..." Knuckles growled.
"You wish, I've had tougher duels on the toilet.” Vax replied. "I'll activate my spell card Brain Control. Now, by paying 800 Lifepoints <7200> I'll take control of that annoying reaper, if you don't mind"
"Oohh...oops, you can't." Lien-Da frowns as the Spirit Reaper explodes. Vax widens his eyes in surprise
"What the...."
"You see, when targeted by a spell, trap or effect, Spirit Reaper is instantly destroyed." Vax laughs
"Fine. One less monster for me to worry about. Kaiser Dragon, time for some demolition!!" He grins as Kaiser Dragon moves to attack the tower
"I use Call of the Haunted, to bring back my Spirit Reaper in Defence mode, because of this my Bone Tower cannot be selected as an attack target." Lien-Da ginned. Vax laughs
“I think not. I'll play Dust Tornado!!"
“Grr..." Lien-Da's trap fails and the Reaper remains in the grave, soon joined by the bone tower. <6000> Vax grins
"Not long now. I'll end my turn. Your move loser" Lien-Da Draws her card.
"I'll use Call of the Mummy." Vax frowns
"But that lets you summon a zombie without tribute!"
"Yup, with this card, I can special summon a zombie type monster from my hand, if I have no monsters on the field." Lien-Da grins. "So I'll bring out my Despair from the Dark." The horrid giant ghost appears behind Lien-Da and roars out in a high pitch ghoul squeal. (2800/3000) Vax clenches his fist,
"Now, lets play..." Lien-Da said, pointing at the Kaiser Glider. "Kill it." Vax yells
"Not so fast!! Magic Cylinder!!" The Despair from the Dark charges in and is sucked into the cylinder, then fired at Lien-Da who is struck down. <3200>
"Damn you...!" Vax grins
"You'll have to do far better than that I'm afraid"
"I still have my despair on the field, so I'll end my turn." Lien-Da said, ending her turn.
"For now" Vax draws. "I'll tribute my Kaiser Dragon for my Great Maju Garzett <0/0>" Smiles as his beast appears on the field.
"Meh, so what...you made a weaker monster..." Lien-Da shrugged.
"Not quite…see, Maju has a special ability. Show her what I mean Maju" Maju attacks, and Despair from the Darkness is destroyed, Lien-Da covers her face from the debris. <1200>
"What?"
"Maybe I should explain. When Great Maju Garzett is tribute summoned, his attack points become double of those of the monster sacrificed. Seeing as my Dragon had 2400, my monster has 4800."
"Grr..." Lien-Da was not happy.
"Have I upset you? I'm sorry..." Despite his words, Vax's smirk says otherwise.
Back in the box.
"He's scarier than she is, I don't want to duel him." Cream said, hiding behind Tails.
"Yeah...he's in a different league from Jenny and Tau." Rouge commented.
Back on the floor, Lien-Da was growling in frustration. Shit...this won't do...I gotta turn this around.
"I think I'll play one card facedown and end. Let's see what you can do, shall we?"
Lien-Da draws her card. Shit...I wonder.... Lien-Da Sighs. Vax yawns.
"Look, either make your move or forfeit. I'm getting bored"
"I'll use my Call of the Mummy to special summon my Pyramid Turtle in defence mode." (1200/1400)
I know that card....I destroy it, she special summons a monster...this isn't good. Vax thought.
"This ends my turn."
Back in the box.
"Seems she's beaten." Knuckles said. "Hah, she's no worry at all."
Vax draws 'I wouldn't be so sure. Despite only being on 1200 Lifepoints, she may still have some fight left. “I'll summon my Giant Orc (2300/0) in attack mode"
I hope this works... Giant Orc appear on the field. Vax begins to declare an attack, then smiles.
"I think I'll pass. Your move" Lien-Da sweats a bit.
Shit...didn't take the bait... Lien-Da draws.
"I'll summon my second Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower and End my turn." Lien-Da swallows hard and waits, as her tower appears to the field. This can easily be the end of me...but lets see. (400/1500)
Vax draws "Nice move. But I figured you out. Giant Orc, attack her Pyramid Turtle!"
Lien-Da Grins widely. I knew you couldn't resist the bait.
"Fine." The turtle is destroyed. "As he has an effect, I can now special summon any zombie I want with 2000 or less defence, in face up attack or defence, so my Vampire Lord will do." The Vampire lord appears and gets behind his cape, almost like a defence. (2000/1500) "That's not all. My Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower has another effect. When a zombie is special summoned successfully, you lose the top two cards of your deck, so get rid of them." Vax smiles
"Fine. No worries for me there." Vax said as he discards the top 2 cards of his deck. "And don't forget my Orc, after attacking he moves into defence position. Now, Maju Garzett, attack her annoying Lord" The Vampire Lord is destroyed. Vax shakes his head. "Ya know, with all that bluster about being able to special summon a zombie...I was expecting, well, something much more worrying than that. Now, I'll set a card and end my turn. Do me a favour and make yours a quick one, I'm getting bored."
"Uh huh" Lien-Da Draws her card. "I'll switch my bone tower back into defence and use Premature Burial to bring back my Despair from the dark. <400>"
"Yeah yeah, get a move on already"
"With that, he can attack your attack force and kill them,"
"Not quite. I think I will now recover the lifepoints I took off myself, and then some. I'll activate Draining Shield" The attack was then absorbed and vanished, Vax grinned. <10,000>
Lien-Da simply shrugs. "Oh well, one more card face down and I'll end my turn."

"She's up to something...she knows that he will win if he attacks now." Tikal said.
"What's your point?" Rouge asked.
"She summoned a monster in attack that's weaker than his monster." Silver added.
Vax draws. "Just a couple more turns. First, I'll tribute my face down to summon Mobius the Frost Monarch (2400/1000) in attack mode." He grins as his Monarch rises, and as he does Lien-Da's face-down and her Call of the Mummy is destroyed. Lien-Da gasps and growls.
"When Mobius is summoned, I can destroy 2 spell or traps on the field. Now, Great Maju Garzett, attack her Despair and end this pointless duel already." Lien-Da sighs as she is defeated. <0> She falls to her knees.
"Damn it...damn..." Robotnik frowns from the high corner of the room.
"Another failiure..." He uttered.
Vax yawns and walks away "As boring as I thought it would be. Come back when you become half the hack you are, fool." Vax then takes his leave. The announcer watches him leave.
“Um, the winner is Vax!” He said. Cheers erupted from the crowd. “As said, this tournament will be postponed for 2 days, rest up and see you then. As the announcer took his leave, Lien-Da stood, took her deck and left.
 
With the tournament at a close, for now…the crowds all left, uttering words and making speech about the duels that commenced. Back in the medical ward, Hitomi was again sat next to Hermana's bed. Sonic and Tails walked in, with a few others.
“Hey, how are they?” Sonic asked, and then looked at Marine, who seemed better and was now munching down on a lot of hospital food.
“They are moving her to a real hospital…” Hitomi said. “I'll be going with them, and she might be there a while, so I won't be finishing the tournament…”
“What?!” Sonic gasped. “But, we need your help.”
“Sonic…you're duelling me next, so what's the point. We are eliminating each other and this `Robotnik' is your enemy, not mine.”
“Even after he blasted you flat on your ass, what a coward.” Silver said, trying to make her reconsider with insults. Hitomi lowered her head and the group saw tears fall down her cheeks.
“Say what you like, but my Hermana is hurt and I won't leave her…” she cried. Blaze took Silver by the arm.
“What say we leave, hm?” Blaze then escorted Silver out as paramedics came in.
“We are going to take her to the hospital now.” One said. Without much hesitation, they brought in a wheel-bed and moved Hermana onto it, then connected her up to separate machines and took her, with Hitomi in toe, out of the room. Sonic and Tails simply watched.
“Poor Hermana…” Tails said.
“Poor Hitomi…” Sonic added. “Come on Tails, let's go home.” Tails nodded and the two left.
 
((Sorry I took so long, and sorry that I skipped a duel, but I lost the data and didn't want to re-write it. Basically what would have happened was Blaze used Rika's monsters to summon Lava Golem, then used 2 solar flare dragons to whittle away Rika's life points without her having the ability to retaliate, seeing as the special effect of Solar Flare dragon stopped her from targeting one of them. In the end, Rika ran out of life points and lost.))