Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!" ❯ Duels in the Sands of Time!!!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a registered trademark of ©Kazuki Takahashi, Jump Comics, Konami and 4Kids Entertainment. My characters don't mean any harm to the show or to other's ideas. The characters of


"Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!"

Okay the author here. JJ ::Waves:: I decided on Seto's past name as Setau. I decided on Bakura's past name as Bakenmut. This is my idea on these names so if you wish to use it for your fic please ask me first, Thank you.


Lisa, Yugi and Joey where having a walk in the park. So much had happened to them in the months since Lisa and her brother came to Domino City. Lisa hugged Joey. Yugi just grinned. He was glad that Joey had found love with Lisa. He knew that Yami was still a bit upset with the idea of Lisa being around. She being a Pegasus. "You okay, Yugi?" He looked at Lisa. "Ya I'm okay just thinking about what's been being going on of late."

"I know what ya mean buddy. Who would of thought we'd survive though all that darkness?" Joey hugged Lisa. They walked a bit more before a feeling came over the happy group. "What in the world?"

"Lisa!! Yugi!! Joey!!" The darkness and wind swept the kids up and they were gone.


Lisa moaned as she woke up. She spit out the sand in her mouth. -Sand???- Her eyes snapped open. She saw Yugi's unmoving form. "Yugi??? Yugi??? Wake up Yugi!!!"

Lisa tried to get up and a jolt of pain went though her body. "Grrr! Not my day. Yugi?" The boy stirred. "Lisa?"

It was Joey's voice that called her name. Lisa turned her head to see Joey shaking sand out of his hair. The sun was beating down on them. Lisa looked about the area. Sand and more sand and then a glimpse of green out of the corrner of her eye. "Let's get out of the sun."

Yugi nodded and stood up. He grip his puzzle. "Lisa! Joey! I can't feel Yami inside the puzzle I..."

"I know how you feel Yugi. I can't feel Nyla either. Let's get to those trees and figure this out there okay."

She reach out for her friend. Yugi was trembling. "Come on Yugi. We find out what's going on and find Yami okay?" Joey was trying to reassure his best friend. Yugi looked at both of his friends and nodded. They moved as quickly as they could in the heat of the sun. They at last reached the palm trees. "What's going on Lisa?"

"How would I know?" They moved into the shade and then noted the water hole. They bolted for it. The water was sweet and cool. "Not so fast Joey or ya get sick." Joey slowed down a bit. That's when they heard something coming towards the oasis. "I don't know if we should be seen yet. I mean who knows where we are or even worse..."

"Worse? What ya mean by that Lisa." Lisa looked down at Yugi. "Well I have some thoughts on why you or I can't talk to our conpainions and right now isn't the time to talk about it."

The three teens headed for the shubs to hide. Soon there where shouts and sounds of animals being lead to the water. "Guys, we've got to make sure no one finds us at the moment." Lisa whispered. She pulled both boys to follow her. They quickly moved deeper into the bushes. "What's going on?"

"Well this is a water hole. The main question on my mind is how on earth did we end up here?" They listen to people put up camp. The sun slowly set. "We have to show ourselves soon. If we don't someone might think we are spies."

"So how do we do that?" Joey was keeping a look out. "First thing's first, we've got to get out of here and some how double back and make it seem like we just arrived." Yugi and Joey agree with Lisa. Luck was with them. They got out of the oasis. "So how do you wish to play this." Yugi hugged his puzzle. "I don't know."

"Well one thing Yugi, is to hide that. We don't know what we are going to find when we re-enter the oasis." Yugi didn't want to take off the Puzzle but he knew that Lisa was right.

He took it off and put it in his backpack. He looked at it one more time and close up the backpack.

"Well let's see if we can make the scene tonight." Lisa made a silly grin. Which made Yugi and Joey laugh. They headed towards the oasis again. Lisa in the middle as Yugi on the left and Joey on the right of her. They were greeted by a pair of Egyptian guards. Lisa took a deep breath. "Evening, forgive us for appearing out of nowhere but we got lost from our troup. We've been looking for them and were wondering if we can get a drink from the pool."

To the guards Lisa, Joey and Yugi seemed to be magical. The long black coat waved in the breze. Joey and Yugi were wearing their school jackets. "Uh.. one moment. I'll go ask someone." One guard turned and hurried into the camp. The remaining guard couldn't take his eyes off of Lisa. He stared at her long silver hair and bewitching beauty.

The guard returned with someone. The group remained still as an Eypgtain Priest approached them. Yugi's heart started to beat faster. The Priest looked like Seto and he was holding the Millennium Rod.

Setau blinked his eyes. He couldn't believe what he saw before him. Three children, but the feeling of something coming from them made him wonder. "I am Setau, high priest to the Pharaoh. You said you and your companions are lost."

"Greetings to you Setau. Yes, we are lost." Lisa bow her head to him. -She's so beautful.-

"And you are?"

"Forgive me. I am Lisa Pegasus. This is Yugi Mutou." Yugi nodded his head to Setau. "And this is Joey Wheeler." Setau bowed greetings to both boys. "Please come this way and I'll see what I can do for you all."

"Thank you." Lisa, Yugi and Joey followed Setau. Lisa noted the worry on Yugi's face. Then there was Joey's blank look. -We are in big trouble. Let's hope we don't lose our heads.- Setau led them to the pool of water. Yugi and Joey sat down to drink. Setau watched as Lisa took a drink. "Setau!!! Setau!!!" Yugi's blood turn cold. There was Yami but he knew it wasn't the Yami he knew. He wanted to run to him and hug him but the look on Lisa's face kept him still. "Setau what are you doing?"

"My Pharaoh, I'm sorry but something came to my attention."

"What could be more important than...?" That's when Yami saw Yugi, Joey and Lisa. "My Phar..." Yami put his hand up to stop Setau from speaking. Yami walked over to the strangers. "Who are these people? What are they doing here and why wasn't I told about them?"

"May I try to answer your question, Pharaoh?" Yami glared at Lisa. "You're the bold one aren't you?" Lisa moved towards Yami. "In this day of life you, have to be bold or you get nowhere."

Yugi and Joey got up and moved over to Lisa. "This is Yugi and Joey and I am Lisa." Blood ruby eyes looked right at Lisa. "Setau???"

"Please don't be angry at him." It was Yugi that spoke up. "We are lost and wanted to have a drink of water." Purple eyes looked at the Pharaoh. Yami didn't know what to make of these people. He wanted to know more about them but he has a Duel to get ready for. "Just keep them out of my way for now Setau. I have a lot to get ready for in the next couple of days."

"As you wish my Pharaoh."

"Thank you for your generosity." Lisa bowed her head towards Yami. He waved as he walked away. "Well now you made an impression on the Pharaoh."

"I only hope it was a good one and I hope we haven't gotten you in too much trouble with him." Setau gave Lisa a small smile. "He got a lot on his mind right now. Let's find a place for you all to sleep." He pointed his Millennium Rod in the way they should walk. He lead them to a small tent. "I'm sorry we don't have any else to give you and your friends right now."

"This is fine Setau. Don't worry." Yugi grinned at the Priest. Setau smiled back at the boy. "Sleep well." The group entered the tent. There wasn't much to sleep on, but it was better than sleeping outside. "Are you okay Joey? You haven't said much." Joey sat down on the ground. "I don't know what to say."

"Don't blame you, Joey. Lisa, any ideas how we got here and what are we going to do to get home again?" Yugi was sitting down beside Joey. "I can't say." Lisa started to sit down when someone came to the tent's door. "Lady Lisa." Everyone looked at one and other and then at the tent's door. Joey spoke up. "Who asking?"

"I'm a messager for Bakenmut. He has heard of your arrival. He wishes to talk to you."

"A moment please." They huddled in a circle. "I don't know Lisa. Something doesn't feel right about this Bakenmut." Lisa rubbed Yugi's head. "Also it's late I want to get some sleep." Joey yawn. "Tell your master Bakenmut. I will speak with him first thing in the morring. He has my word on this." There was moment of silence. "I will tell him Lady Lisa." They listened to footsteps leave. "Well my friends, let's get some sleep and hope we figure this out soon."

Lisa took her coat off and put herself between both boys. Joey and Yugi tried to say something but Lisa's glare kept them quite. The long coat covered all of them. "Good night."

"Night."

"Sleep tight." Soon all three teens were a sleep.


The small boy quick stepped to his master. He didn't want to keep him waiting but he knew he didn't have the news he wanted to hear either. He entered his master's tent. "Where is the Lady Lisa?" The boy was out of breath. "She is to tired to speak with you now, Master Bakenmut, but she informed me she will speak with you in the morning." He waited for the pain to start. None came. "Master!!!"

"She is right, it's late now and it's time to sleep. I want you to wait outside her tent so when she awakens, you bring her straight here at once." The boy nodded and left the tent. The boy didn't know if this was relief or punishment. There was a light wind but at least it wasn't cold. He reached the tent and scurried up to the side of the tent.


Yami was looking at a list of Monsters, Magic Spells and Magical Traps. He had an important duel to win in the next couple of days. He didn't have time to think about anything else. But those other teens had crept back into his mind. He threw the list across the tent.

Setau had just entered the tent. "What's wrong Yami." He got a stern look from the teen. "Is this some kind of test you have made Setau?"

"Test, my friend?" Yami sighed. "Those strangers. Are they something you came up with to drive me away from my Duels?" Setau looked at Yami. "I don't know what you mean. They came out of nowhere. I had nothing to do with this, my Pharaoh." Yami gave him a warm smile. "It's okay my friend, I am not mad at you. I just wonder what is going on." Setau moved over to his bed. "The same here. There was something in the air around them when I first met them but I don't know what to make of it."

He pulled off his helmet. The dark brown hair stuck to his head. "First thing this morning, I want to talk more to those people."

"As you wish, Yami. I go over to the tent I put them in first light."

"Good." Yami got into the animal skin bed. "May you have good dreams my friend."

"The same to you, Yami." Both of them fell asleep.


How, why and who has brought Lisa, Yugi and Joey to the past? Will they return to their time or are they lost in the past forever? Thanks for the spell check Jumper Prime.