Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ .entanglement. ❯ ThReE ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Y4Y.

by: pyrrotsumi of the SinSisters!! >.<

disclaimer: consider yourself disclaimed.

crap: Katsuya's POV. Anzu bashing. Yaoi. AU- so unfortunately no Yamis to play with. v_v;

pairing(s): *sigh* I just don't know anymore…

.entanglement.

Dude… I was early to class. Monday morning. Study hall. First period… I'm early?!?

I groaned, burying my face into my folded arms. Damn Ryou! While I was asleep Sunday morning he must've set my alarm clock too! Oh, he'll pay for that, I decided, grinning tiredly into the dark sleeve of my uniform while I ran kinky bondage/torture scenarios through my sleep-deprived brain. Yeah, Ryou? You're an "early riser," eh? Hehehe…

I'm not sure how long I sat there, abusing my perverted mind and waiting for the room to fill in, but when I finally looked up, seats were taken. Some were doing homework, *cough* Losers! *cough* but most people were conversing- Ha! Learned that word from Yugi- with each other.

I grinned to myself, looking around for Mr.-You-Know-Who, face consistent in only two of my classes because he's just TOO smart… My eyes fell on his figure hunched over his desk, pencil scribbling across a paper rapidly. Haha! He's a loser doing his homework! Awww Seto-chan, you disappoint me so…

I was about to stand up and, y`know, walk over and say hi, right? Hu…wrong. As soon as my butt had left my chair, realization struck, and I sat back down quickly, grabbing my head in distress. Shit… I guess Ryou in chains had done more to me than given me something to look forward to this weekend. I glanced briefly down to the crotch of my pants. Umm, not bad actually. Slight tentation… if that's even a word. Um… how about trivial protuberance? Nothing to keep Seto and I apart!

Casually- I hoped it was casually- I jumped to my feet, folded my hands in front of my… apparent ha-penis… and bolted for Seto, sliding CASUALLY into the desk in front of him.

Without even looking up, he spoke. "If you are Katsuya Jounouchi then you had better get the fuck away from me."

Awww, he remembered meeeeee! That's so sweet!

" And I had strawberry syrup for breakfast," I smiled, leaning forward and resting my elbows on his desk. It wasn't a lie. I'd polished off the bottle before coming to school.

Seto looked up through his bangs and glared at me steadily, his pencil rolling slowly out of his grip. Wow…he has REALLY sexy eyes.

"Ah. Eye contact! That's good," I grinned with my eyes shut, leaning in closer.

Of course, he moves away. He must not be comfortable having such an attraction to a bishounen who meets and exceeds his own physical appearance. Hee, silly egotistical Seto Kaiba…

Okay. New plan. I pushed my hair behind my ear leisurely and looked down to his homework. "So…what're ya doin?" I asked innocently, picking up his pencil and tapping the end of his nose with it.

"Like you care," Seto scoffed, knocking the pencil away. "Look, I know what you're doing," he accused, pointing a finger at me. "And I also know for a fact you HAVE a boyfriend so PLEASE for the love of God LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Me? No I don't!" I sputtered, not exactly processing what I'd said until it came out of my mouth. Oh well. Not that Seto needs to know anyway.

"Yes you do! That…Bakura-guy!" he groaned, rubbing his temples bitterly.

"Ryou?" I asked quickly. "Uh…no! No, we're just…friends. I mean, we broke up a long time ago. We used to date, but now we don't. Um…see what I'm saying?" I sighed finally, using overly exaggerated hand movements to get my point across.

Seto looked me over skeptically. "I think you're a lying piece of shit," he finally responded, shrugging his shoulders carelessly and turning at an angle to read over his homework.

My jaw dropped. Noooooooooo! Katsuya, you're loosing him! LOOSING HIIIMMM!!

Quickly, I opted to grab the paper from his hands.

"What the hell…" he grumbled, taking a swipe for it.

"Nu-uh-uh! Hold on," I smirked, using the pencil I'd taken from him to write, `I really like you,' along the edge of his paper. After embellishing it with little hearts, I handed him his homework and grinned. "Okay."

Seto read it and slapped his forehead. Glancing up quickly to grace me with some incredibly sexy hostile look, he grabbed the pencil out of my hands, slammed the paper down on his desk, and wrote something quickly, thrusting the paper back into my hands. Eek! A note from Seto!

I uncurled the paper immediately and read the neat handwriting. `Go to hell. Love, Kaiba-sama.'

He signed it... Love? L-l-love? LOVE! LoVe… lOvE!! LoveLoveLove! HE LOVES MEEEEE!

I tried to take back the pencil, but Seto kept accidentally moving his hand. Haha, silly Seto.

"Now… Leave. Me. ALONE!" he yelled, obtaining the entire class' attention as he pounded a fist on his desk and stood quickly. Glaring down at me, his chest rose and fell slightly. Oh man, he's so hot when he gets all con-flustered-like. Mmmmm.

"You're just mad because I'm too good for you. You know you could never satisfy me," I sighed simply, shrugging slightly as I turned sideways and crossed my legs to hide the ever persistent, friendly erection.

I could hear a chorus of groans from my surrounding classmates and some guy shouting, "Jounouchi you stupid fag! Leave Kaiba alone!"

Yeah, right. As if I was talking to THEM anyway!

Seto narrowed his eyes, inching towards me. "What was that?" he growled, his voice dangerously deep and smooth.

"You heard me," I smiled brightly as if it were nothing.

"That's low, Jounouchi! You're just an idiot who resorts to childish accusations to get in people's pants!" he retorted, placing both hands on his desk and leaning over in my face angrily.

"Yeah?" I countered quickly, standing to my own feet and placing my hands next to Seto's as I leaned next to his face. "Prove it!"

"Fine! I will!!"

"Sure you will," I laughed, egging him on. If this didn't work…Fuck you, Katsuya. It'll work.

"I'M PICKING YOU UP AT 8:00 ON FRIDAY! YOU WILL BE READY AND YOU WILL BE DRESSED APPROPRIATLEY! WE ARE GOING OUT AND YOU, SO HELP ME GOD, WILL ENJOY YOURSELF IS THAT CLEAR?!?!" Seto stopped, and took a deep breath, staring me down.

"Oh, yes. Loud n' clear, Cap'n," I grinned, sliding my arms off Seto's desk and folding them over my chest proudly. I'VE GOT A DATE WITH SETO KAIBA! HAHAHAHAAA!

All of a sudden blush covered Seto's face and looked away from me awkwardly.

"What?" I smirked, tossing my head. I felt good. I felt unstoppable! I WAS power! Well, I WAS power… until I finally understood why Seto had suddenly gotten so creeped out. Okay, sue me! I'm slow! After a quick glance down at my pants confirmed my fears, I gasped quickly, crossing my legs.

Seto chuckled slightly. "What was that shit… I couldn't satisfy you?"

"For the record Mr. Hot-Pants!" I snapped, turning bright red and looking for an escape route, "this is not YOUR doing!" With that I sprinted for the door, flinging it open and bursting out into the hallway, slamming it behind me.

Well. That went well.

___

"Here. This is yours," Yugi smiled knowingly, handing me a note. It was written on a piece of lavender notebook paper and the creases were neat and precise. My name was ever-so gracefully written in black pen across the front in some kind of old-fogie cursive. Aww, who ever could THAT be from? I dooo wonder! "Ryou said to give this to you," Yugi added, jerking the cigarette out of my mouth and immediately stomping on it before pulling down his eyelid and sticking his tongue out. "Meeeeh!"

I slouched further against the tree and flipped the note over lazily. "I hate you, Yugi," I groaned, unfolding it slowly. Inside the writing was a little less formal than my name, but still Ryou's classic, curvy handwriting.

Dear Katsuya-

(who starts off a note with `Dear' anymore?)

Sleep well?

(No, you cunning bastard.)

It'd be too hard to see you, so I'm leaving without saying goodbye.

(???????)

Seeing as how we only have two and a half weeks left of this school year, and I'm already passing with flying colours…

(Wonderful for you, honey. Simply wonderful.)

…I've decided to go with Dad on one of his expeditions.

(…*GASP*…)

Please don't be mad, Katsuya. I'll only be gone for a month, but I'm sure each day we're apart will be very hard for you. I know it will be hell for me.

(Hell. Hell indeed. (???))

I'm not very good with farewells. I always wind up crying.

(You do that anyway.)

I'll miss you so much, and I love you with all my heart,

(That's too bad.)

~Ryou XOXOXO

I stared blankly at the note a few more seconds, re-read it, and finally bunched it into a ball and stuffed it in my pocket.

"So…what did he say?" Yugi asked, sliding down the tree trunk to sit next to me. He pulled his legs to his chest and rested his head on his knees to smile at me sideways.

I was speechless for a few moments. "He… he's leaving for a month with his old man," I replied at long last, a trademark smirk tugging at my lips.

"Aww, I`m sorry," he sympathized, leaning over to run his fingers through my hair. Too bad? Hahaha! That's a good one, Yug! I think the last adjective I'd use for this situation is BAD. Well, maybe kinda bad because I won't have Mr. Cutesy-Fuck on the weekends to… erm… do just that, but maybe Katsuya Jounouchi can find substitutes… OH! Maybe even substitutes that are willing to stay out on school nights! That'd be speeeee-cial!

"Yeah. I'm dyin inside, man," I whimpered, pulling the pack of cigarettes back out of my pocket and lighting a fresh one. This time, Yugi did nothing except let go and move upwind a.k.a across from me.

We were silent for a moment. I quietly puffed on my cigarette while Yugi picked up a twig to dig a hole in the ground, staring moodily into the grass and dirt. After a while he sighed loudly, looked up, and was about to say something when his face suddenly changed. He went bright red and started wriggling his head around like he might have a neck cramp or something, his fingers gripping the twig and his breathing becoming shallow. That was odd. I looked around, trying to find whatever had set him off.

It was my -BASTARD!! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM!!!!- Err…bestest friend in the whole world walking over to join us. Man, Yugi picks the weird ones…

"Hey guys!" Honda called to us as he ran across the lawn and waved his arms around in the air like an idiot. "Hiiiiii!" Yes, yes. We see you…moron. Jerk. Asshole. Koala-raping, Methodist bitch!

"Hi Honda-kun! Hi!!!" Yugi giggled, waving to him by wiggling his fingers, and blushing profusely.

I believe this calls for a forehead slap. *SLAP!!* Ahh, much better.

"So, what are you guys up to?" Honda asked, once he'd made his way over to our tree with a bottle of pineapple/orange juice and a cookie in his hand. Freak…

"Nothing," I frowned, inhaling deeply on my cigarette and looking off to the side as I exhaled. I refuse to talk to a deceitful back stabber.

"Woah, scary," he laughed, taking a seat in the grass next to Yugi. Well, SOMEONE will be happy. Lousy Honda. Go figure too! Ryou leaves for a whole month and I can't do anything about Yugi because he's got a mad infatuation with Honda!! God damn it all to hell.

"Want some?" Honda offered, breaking an edge off of his cookie and dangling it in Yugi's face. "It's yuuuuummy!"

Yugi gulped loudly, biting his lip as that same adorable blush covered his face, "Mm-hmm," he nodded weakly, putting out a softly shaking hand.

Honda dropped the cookie piece into the palm of his hand and turned to me. "Katsuyaaa?"

Mmmm. I actually was really hungry, but the food of a … a TRAITOR?! I scrutinized it skeptically, locking eyes with Honda and raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't piss on it, Jounouchi-kun!" he exclaimed, breaking a piece off and tapping my nose with it. "Honest. Now, c'mon. You like chocolate chip!!"

Grr…damn you Honda. The enemy knows my weaknesses! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Black Hawk Down! Ryan's privates need saving!

"Open up little Katsuya-kun…Here comes the hijacked airplane!" he grinned, scraping the cookie across my pursed lips. With a final groan, I parted my lips and Honda pushed it into my mouth. Yum…cookie… I closed my lips around Honda's fingers, making sure I got all of it and slid my head back off his wet digits.

Uh oh. Why the hell's he staring at me? "What?" I laughed, shrugging uncomfortably.

Honda shook his head and smiled. "Nothing… want more?" he offered.

"I do!" Yugi pouted, tugging on Honda's sleeve and opening his mouth hopefully.

"Sure kid," he replied, dropping the rest of the cookie in Yugi's lap.

Yugi closed his mouth disappointedly and crossed his arms over his chest. Guess he wanted to suck on Honda too. Hehe.

"Oh, Jounouchi-kun! Guess what!" Honda yelled from out of nowhere, scaring the Vegeta out of me. He crawled across the grass on his knees to sit next to me and tug on one of my arms.

I slowly blew a puff of smoke in his face and frowned. "I despise guessing games." Hehe, Lion King. Never fails.

Extracting his green gameboy from his pocket, he flipped it on, ensuing the familiar, trademark bleep, and decided to lay across my lap. "Look, I have all of the legendary birds!"

Huh? "What the hell?" I grumbled, scraping the butt of my cigarette across the tree trunk, and dropping it to the ground. "What, like turkeys? Can you eat em?"

"No! You catch'em! You catch'em all! They're PO-KE-MON!" Honda stated proudly, drawing out each syllable in the last word.

"Then what the hell good are THEY? You can't even eat them," I sighed, grabbing Honda's gameboy away from him and staring at it cluelessly. "So, which one are you? Red? Blue? Hot Pink? Ash?"

"I'm Honda. You know…as in, Honda?" he laughed to himself, (Well, no one else was laughing.) hitting me over the head softly and grabbing it out of my hands. Geez, dare to be different Hoooonda.

I looked over to Yugi who was glaring accusatorily at the grass, head resting in his hands. Uh oh. Sooomebody's jeeeaaaaalous. "Why don't you go lay on Yugi or something! You're annoying me!" I accused, jerking my legs to the side and pushing Honda off my lap towards him.

A flash of something- some unreadable expression- crossed Honda's face before he cloaked it with a betrayed pout. "I think I'd kill him if I did," Honda laughed, picking up his juice and unscrewing the cap slowly.

Yugi wasn't sure what to say. Yugi you idiot! Say he won't or something! "I…I doubt it," Yugi said quietly, trying to come off as friendly, but more accurately desperate. Nice, Juliette. Nice.

Honda raised an eyebrow, only skeptical eyes visible from behind the tipped juice bottle that rested on his lips. "Uh…alright," he shrugged, taking a quick gulp from the glass container and setting it next to my foot.

What followed has got to be one of the richest things I've seen in my entire life. Honda, obviously not caring whose lap he was in as long as the little crotch elf had *something*, flopped down on his back into Yugi's lap. See, the killer was his head slamming backwards and hitting Yugi's crotch. Hehe, owwww… I don't even think I've heard girlier shrieks from Mai!

Honda quickly sat up as Yugi doubled over in pain. That's even funnier then those sports shorts where guys get hit in the nuts with baseballs and crap!

"I told you I'd kill him!" Honda yelled at me. Hmm, guess he felt bad. "Are you okay, Yugi?" he asked, concernedly.

Yugi was curled up in a fetal position, breathing really hard and whimpering slightly. Now, boys and girls, was when I chose to burst out in the ever-caring fit of hysterical laughter.

"Heeheehee! It's a good thing you didn't take a crotch dive head first, Honda! You would've speared the poor kid on that hair of yours! Hahahahaaaa!!" I choked out, grabbing my stomach and falling over. "I mean…" I giggled, "you must've taken out half of your mom's insides with that head of hair! We're supposed to believe that's natural?"

"Nah. Just styl-eesh," he smirked, rubbing Yugi's back. Haha, bet down south feels better NOW, eh Yugi? Teeheehee!

"Stylish my ass!" I laughed, crawling across the lawn to lie down next to Yugi. "Hey…breathe or something," I suggested helpfully.

"No. Let me die," Yugi groaned, shifting slightly.

"You can't die now!" I laughed, sucking on a finger and wiggling it around in his ear. "C'mmoonn now…"

"Just let me die peacefully with the satisfaction that part of Honda has made contact with my crotch," Yugi sputtered, rolling to face me. "Oh my dear god. I just said that out loud, didn't I?"

Ahhhh. Encore to the psychotic laughter.

Lucky for Yugi though, Honda's just plain stupid. Stupid Stupid Stupid. I don't know if he heard him, or was pretending that he didn't, or whatever the hell he was doing, but suddenly he yelled, "Hey! Ten yen!"

And that was his genius remark. Idiot…

So Honda found a ten yen coin. Hooray. I'm so happy I could die. And Yugi discovered that parts of our body are eeextra sensitive. Yay. I'm so happy I could die. And Ryou's gone… but I'm not sure what the hell to think.

_

I caught Mai on her way home after school. I'd been killing to talk to her all day and she hadn't shown up at lunch. I assumed this was due to one detention or another-it usually was. Yeah, I feel ya, Mai.

She was engrossed in whatever her CD player was spinning while doing her daily guy hunting. Shit! I'm due! Quickly I examined the immediate vicinity, but finding no one in particular that appealed to me, I continued up to her, pulling down her ear phones, sitting on her lap and proclaiming in perfect English, "I want to have your baby!" I'd learned it somewhere from someone who knew English. Whatever, I knew Mai was good at languages and figured she'd get it.

Unfazed, she shrugged and turned her CD player off. "You couldn't handle my baby, fruit loop." She grinned, kissing me on the cheek before dumping me off her lap and onto the sidewalk. "So…who've you been doing these days?"

I laughed, standing to brush myself off. "You mean what."

Mai shook her head soundly, crossing her legs and pointing a finger at me. "Not where YOU'RE concerned you little backstabber," she explained. Oh good, I was beginning to WORRY!!!

"Backstabber? Backstabber is such a harsh word," I frowned, slinging Mai's shoulder bag over my arm. Besides, I'M not the backstabber! It's that jerk Honda Hi-ro-tooo!

"You just had to wiggle your gay ass in Seto Kaiba's direction didn't you!?" Mai yelled, jumping to her feet and glaring at me as she poked me in the chest and towered over me threateningly.

"Ow!!" I whined, clutching my chest and holding out a hand for protection. "You tapped me… pointedly!"

"You'll be lucky if I do THAT much you little shit-packing ass monkey!" Mai fumed. It's kind of funny, because sometimes, you know, you get songs stuck in your head at the most awkward times? For example, Mai's about to pound the shit out of me- because she's an insensitive, naive straight chick- and I go and get the Cucumber Song from the Brak Show stuck in my head. Of all the god damn songs…

"Stop laughing! I'm going to bash your head in!" Mai protested, grabbing the collar to my shirt and jerking it roughly. Owwwies. Bitch. I'm a cucumber! I'm a cucumber! I'm a cucumber! I'm a cucumber!

"No! Not in the face!" I winced, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. Not my beauty-ness! Mr. Dimpled-Chin-And-Chiseled-Features say it isn't sooo!

Mai cut off a laugh as she dropped me to the sidewalk and shrugged. "I don't hit girls, Kat-chan. You know that." Three years ago her saying that would have killed me. I'd have gone on and on about my manly-ness and how I could take her any day. And I can. Of course I can! But now I can realize when she's just playing around. I mean, I'm a man in women's jeans, she's probably got a point, I guess. (A point I refuse to support, but still…) However if it had been anyone else, like Honda, The Backstabbing Koala-Raper, per say? I'd have kicked him shit-less. Woah, yes. This is one little Ring Hole Ranger who can lay the smack down! (In more ways than one! ^_~) I'm a cucumber!

"I need coffee," I stated decidedly, in an attempt to change the topic of my masculinity, or lack there of. Uh ohs. I'm broke. Very broke. Broker than the Ten Commandments, broke! "And you owe me, woman!" Ahh, brilliance. I'm a cucumber!

"And for what, pray tell, do I owe this sudden bankruptcy?" Mai scoffed, tossing her hair over her shoulder and giving me that, `You're so full of shit you…um…piece of shit,' look.

"Uh…" I froze. "Good question…ummm…" NOTHING! There's nothing! If anything I owe her money! Gaaahhhh! Hey, did you know that teakettles injure 40,000 people each year? And besides that, I'm still a cucumber.

Then, as if god himself had parted the clouds and given Mai a swift uppercut, she shrugged. "Whatever, honey," she smiled, in an eerie, non-Mai, generous way. "I know you're broker than your own home." With that she slid an arm around my waist and started walking. "You can change out of your uniform and I'll buy you a nice, caffeinated beverage, alright?"

Broker than my own home? Bitch. But it beats out my commandments one- and it's *sniffle* true. Especially when you're a cucumber.

"PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME TO THE PICKLE FARM!" I concluded my song dramatically, pumping a fist in the air and spinning out of Mai's supporting arm and across the sidewalk.

"I hope you get hit by a car," Mai lied, (I know she was lying, she loves me too much.) even though she sounded…sincere. Just for that I hope I DO get hit by a car! Then she'll have to live the rest of her life in the mindset that it was her fault! Ha! Major fucking guilt-trip! Oh…Katsuya-chan, what did you do to deserve this…this…oh, if only I wasn't such a cold-hearted, otaku bitch! Wailing wa-wa-wa. Hehe, if only.

We continued to walk towards my apartment, Mai's long, confident strides matching mine with the number of times I tripped on a crack in the sidewalk. Step on a crack…break your sister's back… Oops, now she's blind AND a gimp. Poor thing. She lives with my mom though, so I don't suppose she's got it so bad…even if she can't see. But there would be soo many bonus's to being blind! Like, when you first meet people, you get to FEEL them instead of just shaking their hands! Oh, hello Mrs…oh no, Mr! Excuse me! Mr…Dick? And sometimes you get a cane! Dude, I want a cane. I would have the best cane…if only I could have a cane. I'd accidentally stab Boots in the boots with it and then laugh as they fall to the ground and she runs off crying. That'd be good. Blind people also get to read Braille. The little dot-thingies? I could tell my teacher I was reading my individually prepared Braille text pages when in all actuality I'd be reading another one of them lemon things Mai keeps printing for me. (Yes! The only thing I've EVER found worth reading besides my Grandmother's obituary!) Yes. If only I were the blind Jounouchi.

Well, Shizuka lives with my Mom…somewhere. I don't know. Far away. I haven't seen her since we were little. I guess I only call her blind because last time I was with her she was loosing her eyesight and Mom was pretty broke. I can only assume she's lost it all by now.

Yup, Shizuka got mom. I've got the old man. It worked out alright I guess. He's my drinking buddy. ^_^

Mai and I rounded the corner marking a block from my apartment building. I couldn't wait to get some decent energy back in me. Mmm, cappuccinos will do that for you. The place Mai and I will be headed as soon as I change is a great little café/ book store downtown. Ryou dragged me there on one of our more uneventful Sunday evenings, and ever since it's been one of my favorite places. You'd think all the books would make it less appealing…

Ryou… "How'd you know about Seto and me, Mai-ster?" I jumped suddenly, making myself aware of a sudden problem. That's bad. If news is spreading… bad. News tell Yugi. Or Boots. Telling Ryou-chan…shitness.

"Umm…that Miho bitch. Know her?" Mai offered, shrugging it off nonchalantly.

Know her? Bah! Miho Nozaku. Alias: "Ribbon-chan". Grade: 11. Stats: Devastated Honda- Grade 9. I will never forgive her for it. Now a raging lesbian with the hotts for Boots. *Shudder* Mai Kujaku is correct with the classification `bitch.'

"Yes," I grumbled, kicking a rock so it bounced off my foot and hit the curb. "How'd she know?"

"How the hell would I know?!" Mai suddenly cried, hitting me in the head. "Besides, you are a cruel bastard; dumping Ryou for Seto! Just like that, too! How did he take it? Poor baby…"

Wait wait wait. Back up. "Dump? Who's saying THAT?" I asked, turning my head confusedly.

Mai was silent. She looked as confused as me. "What…you haven't?"

I laughed, surprised. "No!"

"Wow. Ryou always seemed so clingy to me… He knows you're going out with Seto on Friday?"

"No?" I winced.

Mai's mouth gaped. Ahh…the awkward silence. "I knew it! I KNEW IT!!!! Oh, Jounouchi, you BASTARD, I KNEW you'd go and pull something like this! I KNEW IT!!" Mai exclaimed. Now THIS was scary. She was teetering somewhere between fury, amusement, and disbelief, and I was really hoping, for the sake of the chisel cheeks, her mood didn't topple completely on fury.

Yes! My Savior! "Oh look its my apartment where I live and occasionally sleep!" I yelped, bolting for it. My only chance. Change subject. I hurled myself up the winding flight of stairs until I reached my floor, sprinting down the walkway. The door was unlocked (always) so I flung it open quickly and pounded down the hall to my room.

"If you break that poor kid's heart I'm breaking your teeth!" I heard Mai call from outside as she opened my door and entered, finding a comfortable spot sprawled across my bed.

"It's all innocent! He'll never know! He's gone for a month for Ken's sake!" Oh. That was definitely something she didn't need to know.

Mai sat up quickly as I turned my back and went through my pile of laundry on the floor. Must blend in with surroundings…like a chameleon… "So this is entirely behind sweet, little Ryou Bakura's back, then?"

I groaned in frustration as I kicked a pair of khakis across my room. "It's just a date, Mai!"

"Yeah…for the first five minutes you have him in the car! Katsuya, I know you! EVERYTHING is an opportunity for casual sex and I'm sure this is no exception!"

"Casual, Mai! K-A-C-H-U-A-L! It wouldn't mean anything!" I defended. Hehe, at least that sounded good. To me.

Mai finally sighed, burying her face in my pillow. "You're hopeless. I wish he'd dump you."

I frowned. This isn't her business! It's positively NONE of her business! "And you're a fucking bitch! You know, if you're some big expert on relationships then how come YOU don't have a boyfriend? Hmmm?"

"It doesn't matter! We're talking about you!" Mai defended, face still pressed into my pillow.

I pulled my arms out of the sleeves of my uniform jacket and sent it flying across my room. "You know what?" I growled angrily, yanking my white tee-shirt over my head and throwing it to the floor. "We never talk about you! Why the hell is that?" I mean, it had suddenly struck me that throughout the entire year I'd known her we'd become almost as close as Honda and me and I still knew nothing about her!

"I'm boring! I don't do anything accept watch anime and crash cons!" Mai shrugged uneasily, picking her head up off my pillow and sitting with her back to the headboard.

"Mai-ster, you're bullshitting me!" I stated, trying to make my tone sound less severe. What in hell is she trying to hide? I turned my back to her while I dropped my pants and kicked them across the floor. "I don't think you're boring," I continued, picking up a fitted, red tee shirt and pulling it on over my head. I patted the fabric for a moment. Wow, I look good in this. Wait- aren't I supposed to be bitching at someone? Uhh…well, swimming in vanity was nice… OH! Mai!

"Just drop it, Jounouchi," Mai begged. Wow. I've never heard her beg before. Disturbing.

I found the jeans I wanted: hehe, the sand-blasted ones with the holes in them. Nice. I pulled them on and fastened the button, pulling the zipper up slowly. "Hmmm. I think- no," I grinned, turning around and sitting on the edge of the bed. My expression fell when I saw Mai's lip tremble. Ummm… "Honey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing! Just leave it alone!" Mai forced a smile as she stood nervously. "Let's go? Please?"

I grabbed her arm and pinned her to the mattress. "We're not leaving until I am given an answer to which I am decently satisfied!" Now I just had to remember the question I asked… God damn it! What did I ask?! Oh! Yes, okay. "Why don't you have a boyfriend?"

"I don't want one!" Mai yelled, clenching her eyes shut. Her breathing was coming on hard, as if she were trying hard not to cry, and her whole body was shaking. My god…what the hell is wrong?

"Why not? You've always been so confident before!" I was getting nervous now. Something seriously wrong happened to this girl. I frowned. "Mai! Answer me!!"

"The last one raped me, alright!?!"

*blink*

Oh my. Realizing the intimidating position I must've put her in, I removed my hands from her shoulders and sat up. What the hell do I do now? I must…offer condolences? "That sucks."

Mai sat up suddenly. I could see the tears threatening to fall, but I knew it wouldn't happen. "You are one of the most insensitive bastards I've ever known," she grumbled, covering her face shamefully.

"Hey! I'm trying, okay?" I sighed, grabbing a fistful of my own hair in thought. What to say…what to say… "I'm sorry. I didn't know," I mumbled finally.

"Of course you didn't know! Nobody knows!" Mai yelled spitefully, hitting my mattress with a fist.

"You never reported him?" Big shock. "But you love watching people get what's coming to them!" I exclaimed, placing a hand cautiously over hers.

She didn't bother to move it, just hung her head defeatedly. " Just shut up, Jounouchi," she whispered.

That's when two and two came together. (And yes, for those of you who are skeptical I know what it equals, it's four! I think…) My emotionless, defensive, pretending Mai-ster…

"That's it…I need coffee," I smiled, sliding my hand under Mai's and standing. "Maybe we'll talk later, hm?"

"No," Mai shook her head, rubbing her eyes and inching off my bed. "I don't want to."

"Well, whatever," I shrugged, lacing my fingers with hers. She can think what she wants, we'll talk again. "Now," I explained. "I can't decide if I want a latte or not. Whatever I get it needs cinnamon and a lot of whipped cream, okay? Maybe some chocolate shavings?"

"For Sano's sake can't you just drink black coffee?!" Mai laughed. "Wussy fag."

Ahh…there's Mai-chan. Stay that way.

Hehe. I'm a cucumber.

-

End. Of chapter three.

-

If you like it: review. S'that simple. I don't care if you reviewed it 8 months ago- once more won't kill you. Or will it. . .