Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Call From Beyond ❯ Espa Roba's Hidden Potential ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: I am posting all fics from Fanfiction.net to mediaminer.  These fanfics are listed from oldest to newest.  This fanfic was posted to fanfiction.net  3/27/03   and has 131  reviews on fanfiction.net.  Keep in mind, I have revised this fic, however, it’s an OLD work.     Chapter 1: Espa Roba's Hidden Potential

It was a bright and sunny day at the Battle City Dueling grounds. Espa Roba was engaged in an intense duel against his new opponent: Weevil Underwood. They had been dueling for quite sometime, all along Espa was pulling off his "psychic" gag, trying to psych Weevil out. It seemed to be working as Weevil began to grow nervous, trying to figure out if Espa was really reading his mind, or cheating in some creative form. Things seemed bleak for the insect duelist, as Espa seemed to be matching his every move perfectly. Espa had managed to get both Feind Mechacyber and the Reflect Bounder onto the playing field, leaving Weevil's insects in their weakened state with no traps to defend them. Weevil stood there, contemplating his next move.

On a nearby building, Espa's four brothers were helping him out with his psychic bit by spying on the unsuspecting Weevil. They were sure to make certain that their brother wins at any cost.

The younger Roba had the assumption that Espa was sure to win; after all, he had friends in high places. He was bored and was seeing what sort of mischief he could make for himself. The older Roba, who was accompanied by his baby brother, was peering through his pair of binoculars to see Weevil's next move, waiting intently to warn Espa of any tricks that the slimy bug would play to try and turn the duel in his favor.

Suddenly, his vision was obstructed by the waving of a big, pink, round object that was going back and fourth in his path.

"Hey! Move your big sucker out of my way, I can't see the other guy’s cards!" he said audibly, but not audibly enough to cause everyone's attention to be diverted to him. The younger brother, still not listening continues to wave his sucker around seeming dangerously close. As he waved his arms wildly around, cheering for Espa who was dueling below, he struck his brother in the back of the head, knocking his ear piece out and sending it shattering on the ground four stories below.

"Oh no!" The Roba exclaimed. “Look what you did! How is Espa going to win now?"

"Sorry..." the smaller Roba said sadly as he slumped down and became very sorrow stricken in appearance.

"I tap into the Psychic Forces!" Espa said as he chanted and hummed a bit, “Celestial Energy, come fourth and grant me your powers. Show me what my opponent wields in his hand." Espa had his eyes closed for a while, pretending to concentrate on the cosmic forces around him. He opened his eyes, suddering as if a jolt of electricity ran through him and pointed at Weevil.

"I see that the next card in your hand is Cockroach Knight!" Espa declared as Weevil was shocked utterly that Espa had known. The duel preceded to drag on, Espa playing all of his best defenses and monsters to counteract Weevil's insect horde. It appears that the duel was all to easy for Espa to win.

Espa made his way over to his brothers, who tried to look calm, but the nervousness seemed to be peering through their very being. Espa was telling them of their great feat they had accomplished by overtaking Weevil and gaining his rare Insect Queen and Locator card. When he was finally done with his boasting, one of his brothers approached him.

"Um.....E-E-Espa..." The tallest of the three stuttered, fear and a nervous feeling shown in his eyes.

"What is it?" Espa asked, slightly turning in his direction, giving him full attention.

"U-U-U..mm...We kind of....um...Well the microphone fell in the middle of your duel with that insect guy. It's not my fault!" He yelled in a panic, shifting the blame to his brother. " He did it!"

"Sorry..." The condemned brother said in a melancholy voice, not lifting his head from it's downward position.

Espa became surprised, if his brothers had not been broadcasting the cards to him, then who had been? Something had been telling him...but what?...Or who? Espa stood there, stunned, trying to search for any possible explanation that seemed within the realm of natural. He searched his mind, what seemed like a thousand times, and each time was more and more valiant then the last, but alas, he could not find the answer to the question that he was seeking so desperately.

"Please don't hurt us!" one of his brothers pleaded, afraid to be scorned for dropping the microphone.

Espa was submerged too deep in his thoughts to hear his brother's pleas. What was the nature of the force that communicated with him? This was the one answer he sought.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In a dark room, a figure sat, looking quit perplexed in thoughts. The thought of vengeance and malice was in this being's mind. The ultimate plan to crush Yugi Motou was underway. The center of the plan was a dear and close friend to Yugi, this was sure to be the ultimate thing to crush the innocent duelist and his meddling quests and belief in the heart of the cards.

As the figure sat upon his throne, another figure approached him and knelt before him.

“Go and bring her, for this in which you shall not fail, for if you do, I will make you wish the merciless sun had never set it's eye upon you."

As the figure opened the door to leave, a beam of sunlight struck the photograph that the figure help in his hand and revealed a small boy and a small girl with a sandcastle separating them, both in which looked very happy.

~Chapter two will be up soon~

Thank you to all who read. Please read and Review for me.