Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas Carol with a Twist ❯ Epilogue: Christmas Future ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Do I really need to tell you to look at the first chapter?
 
*Backstage*
 
“Okay…this is it! My favorite part!” Sonja squealed, jumping up and down.
 
Damien was sweat dropping at her. “My sister, ladies and gentlemen.” He announced teasingly.
 
“How are we going to do this?” Jake asked. “I mean…you know…”
 
“Don't worry! I've got it all covered!” Sonja reassured, and sped off.
 
The two boys just shrugged.
 
************(Onstage)*************
 
[<*Act 6: Seto's office, KC tower, Clock shows midnight*>]
 
Damien was packing up his things in a silver briefcase and looking in the drawers for discarded documents, until he picks up the present from the first act.
 
“Hmm…It's already midnight…” he thinks aloud. He sits back down on his chair, the gift on his lap and gently unwraps the present.
 
Suddenly, the room becomes a blinding white as soon as the wrapping comes off and the box's lid is removed. Damien shielded his eyes and when the light dimmed, he saw someone in front of him.
 
He was as tall as Seto or Damien for that matter, with the same stance and build. He was wearing a silver trench coat and murky gray sweater inside with black pants with silver lining, along with a wide hat that shielded is eyes and hair.
 
“Who're you?” Damien asked suspiciously, his eyes narrowing.
 
The new person just shook his head, and snapped his fingers. The curtains fell.
 
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
 
[<*Act 7: A Different Office, KC tower*>]
 
The curtains rose again and the two were in a different office.
 
Damien turned on his companion, and asked, “If you're supposed to be a gross representation of `Christmas yet to come', does that mean we're in the future?”
 
He nodded, not saying a word. Suddenly, the door opened and in strode…
 
“WHAT!?” Seto exclaimed as he saw who it was.
 
He was only a head shorter than Damien, and a little bulkier (regarding muscles) but there was no mistaking the head of messy black hair and slate-blue eyes wide with rage.
 
“Mokuba…?” Seto asked.
 
The boy-turned-man didn't notice. He just continued to walk to the desk in the room and irritably picked up the phone.
 
“Yeah?” Mokuba asked into the phone. “Well, is the shipment ready yet…So what if it's Christmas Eve…I don't give a *bleep* what your *bleep* men are thinking! I need that *bleep* shipment and I need it NOW!”
 
He slammed the phone onto the receiver so hard the entire phone toppled off his desk. He sat back down in his seat and made it swivel around so it was facing the `window'.
 
“Those idiots…”The Older Mokuba mumbled to himself. “So what if it's Christmas? Do you think I give a care?!”
 
Damien was trembling visibly. “No…” he whispered. “Sonna-bakana…” (No way…)
 
He looked at the 35-year old Mokuba, who seemed to take something out from his suit pocket.
 
“Christmas is nothing but another ridiculous holiday, huh? God, you were so right, Seto…” He said aloud.
 
“Is this real?” Damien asked, looking at hat-wearing man, who nodded.
 
Damien turned back to Mokuba, who was still talking to himself. (No, he's not crazy, he's just musing…)
 
“All I heard from you was…`the company has to survive if you want this…' or something like that…but it's always the same, always about this dumb company. I could just bankrupt it right now…but I won't…I've got a better way to smite him…”
 
He opened a drawer in his desk and took out the beautiful card locket, now a little covered in dust. He opened it out and inserted the thing that he took out of his pocket, which was an old, worn photo (you'll know what I mean if you read the manga) he folded it up and inserted it in the locket. Then he stood up and opened the `window'.
 
“How's this for dedication, Seto?” Mokuba asked aloud, throwing the locket out the `window'.
 
*Backstage*
 
Jake was walking by and suddenly the locket hit him in the side of the head, knocking him out.
 
*Onstage*
 
Damien collapsed onto his hands and knees. His eyes wide with fear.
 
“No please…say it won't be like this…” he said.
 
Finally, the hat wearing man spoke.
 
“Sometimes, people have to fend for themselves, but then again, others need a person to cling to.” He said.
 
Damien looked up. “What?”
 
“What you didn't see was that he was drifting away from you…the more you devoted yourself to work, the more he lost his trust in you. And now gaze upon what could happen if you continued your ways…he would no longer be the loving brother you once knew…in fact…I am merely repeating his words.” He continued.
 
Then, in an attempt to `voice out' thoughts, Evan's voice rang through the room…
 
“He's…he's…oh I don't know! It's like he's not my brother anymore…”
 
Damien stood up and glared at the man. “Who are you to dictate how I should act!?”
 
“I am not telling you to act in this manner. I am merely suggesting, or more appropriately, warning you of the consequences.”
 
Damien withdrew slowly, taking a step back as his eyes hid behind his chestnut bangs.
 
“You can work for your company and you can be the brother Mokuba wants you to be…It's not hard to be both, it's all a matter of priority…” The man said.
 
Damien looked at him. “I will change…just grant me one request…”
 
“Which is?”
 
“Show me your face.”
 
The man slowly reached for his hat and removed it. Damien backed up in surprise. “What?” he gasped.
 
The man was a mirror image of Seto. The ice blue eyes were the same size and hue, only deepened by the lines of Kohl around them. His brown hair was flecked with black, giving the impression of a midnight brown hue.
 
“What does this mean?” Damien asked, his eyes showing genuine fear. -`Wow, did Sonja do this?!'- He thought.
The Seto-doppelganger looked at Damien straight in the eye. “Time for you to wake, hikari…
 
The curtains fell.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
[<*Act 8: Seto's office, KC Tower, clock shows 8:30]
 
Damien was slumped in his seat. Suddenly, he opened his eyes.
 
“Was it…all a dream?” He asked himself. As he stood up, there was something hanging from his belt.
 
The fangirls were gasping. Suddenly, a big banner saying `STOICSHIPPING RULES!!!!!' was shoved above a group on fans.
 
Damien looked down at his new accessory and gawked at it. “The Millennium Rod?” He asked no one in particular.
 
“Quickly, you mustn't let Mokuba's faith in you dwindle any further…” A disembodied voice called out.
 
Damien didn't visibly notice the voice, but rushed out the door as the curtains fell.
 
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ -~-~-~-~-
 
[<*Finale, Yugi's house*>]
 
Damien burst into the room and rushed to Evan's side. Evan, who was looking out the `window', realized too late as he found two arms circling him.
 
“Huh?” He asked.
 
Otouto…gomenasai…̶ 1; Damien murmured, kneeling in front of Evan.
 
“Seto, what-” Evan started.
 
“I'm sorry Mokuba, I'm terribly sorry I acted the way I did, I lost sight of what was important to me.” Damien said, tears threatening to fall. -`*Bleep* my knee hit a nail!'- He thought.
 
Evan realized what Damien was saying, and hugged back, his tears flowing freely. “Nii-sama!” he cried happily.
 
The curtains fell…for the final time.
 
And the applause that was heard rang through the dome.
 
The curtains rose again and the background was changed to a red backdrop. Then, Damien, Jake, Jett, and Midori stepped out onto the stage, still decked out in their costumes, Damien as Seto, Jake as Joey, Jett as Yami, and Midori as Tea.
 
“Thank you for enjoying our play!” Jake called out, waving to the audience.
 
“And now, let's give a round of applause for the one who created the entire play, Sonja Marcy Edachi!” Damien announced as Sonja stepped onstage, greeted by a multitude of applause.
 
Then, suddenly, Kazuki Takahashi stepped out from the audience and ascended onto the stage. The crowd hushed.
 
“Ms. Edachi…Sonja…that was simply, the most inspired play in my history as a manga-ka...The partnership…is yours…” He declared. (Means Animation Artist)
 
The audience erupted. Sonja looked like she was about to faint.
 
“And to celebrate, I wish to invite a few of my friend to the festivities.” Kazuki said, opening a notebook in his hands.
 
Tetekoi! He called out. (That means `Come out!')
 
The stage was engulfed in white light. When it dimmed, the Animasters were no longer wearing their costumes, and they weren't alone…
 
“WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! THE BISHIES HAVE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The massive fangirl crowd roared.
 
Seto Kaiba, Yugi and Yami Motou, and Katsuya Jonouchi were onstage behind Kazuki.
 
“What's going on, Kazuki-sama?” Yugi asked. (Note: since K. Takahashi created them, they have to refer to him as `master'. Yes, even Kaiba…)
 
“Nothing, just want you four to have a ball!” K. Takahashi replied with a smile.
 
Sonja grabbed Yami by the wrist and took him dancing when she heard `Santa Claus Lane' By Hilary Duff playing on the speakers.
 
And the festivities lasted till the morning.
 
THE END!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!