Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas Carol with a Twist ❯ Christmas Present ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: See first chapter.
 
-`Thoughts not involved in the play'-
 
*Backstage*
 
Sonja was peeking through the curtains as Erik came up to her.
 
“Are you sure this is appropriate?” He asked, fingering the t-shirt and jacket he was wearing.
 
“Are you crazy? Of course it's appropriate! You're the only one who can play him!” Sonja exclaimed.
 
Erik tilted his head, causing the wig he was wearing to flop.
 
“Erik!” Sonja cried, straightening the wig on his head. “Oh yeah, If you're going to play him, you have to lose the accent.” She added.
 
“Sonja, I've told you, I can't…you try living in England for 4 years and not pick up the accent.” Erik retorted.
 
“Okay, I've got a remedy for that.” Midori called, putting a small mike on Erik's collar. “There, now try talking.”
 
“Umm…well, what does this do?” Erik asked, and for some reason, there was no accent in his speech.
 
“It's an Accent remover.” Midori explained.
 
Sonja hugged Midori tightly, chanting `thank you's' and praises.
 
************Onstage****************
 
[<*Act 5: Seto's office, KC tower, Clock shows 9:00 p.m.*.>]
 
Damien was behind his desk, reading a book, ironically `A Christmas Carol' by Charles Dickens, as a file on his computer was taking forever to download.
 
“Just this one file and I'm finally finished…” He thought aloud.
 
Suddenly, the lights in the room flickered and died. “Oh what is it now?!” Damien asked aloud.
 
Then, footsteps sounded as a black smoke filled the other side of the room.
 
“Ghost of Christmas Present, I presume?” Damien asked casually.
 
“Probably…” Said a maniacal voice coming from the smoke as Erik (playing Yami Bakura) stepped out of the smoke.
 
“It figures…you're pale enough to pass as a ghost…” Damien remarked, smirking.
 
“You'll change your tune soon enough, Kaiba…” Erik replied, cackling. -`I could get used to this…'- He thought.
 
Suddenly, the wall facing the audience shifted and changed shape and color.
 
“Look here.” Erik instructed, showing Damien the scene portrayed on the wall, which was the Kame shop Living room.
 
(What's happening on the `screen')
 
Jake, Midori and William were around a dinner table, eating happily. Dominic (random elementary student, playing Yugi) was sitting next to Evan, trying to comfort him.
 
“Listen, Mokuba…Kaiba's just doing everything that on his opinion is best for you…” Dominic said.
 
Evan huffed angrily and crossed his arms. “More like what's best for him!” he replied hotly. “He never does anything with me! What good are all the riches we have if I can't enjoy them with Seto!?”
 
Dominic was stumped. “But…I'm sure he doesn't want to ignore you…I'm sure he has no choice…” he protested.
 
Evan let out a laugh. “You should've heard him…” He replied. “He's…he's…oh I don't know! It's like he's not my brother anymore…”
 
Damien's eyes softened. “Then what am I like?” He asked in a hushed voice. -`Man, Kaiba has a LOT of issues…'- He thought.
 
“Are you sure, Mokuba?” Dominic asked, his arm on Evan's shoulder.
 
“I'm positive.” Evan replied, tears welling up in his eyes. “When he looks at me…I don't see the brother I know anymore…what I see…is a reflection of Noah…or him…”
 
Damien doubled back. “What!?” He exclaimed. He gasped inwardly, before shaking his head and shouting aloud. “No that's not true!”
 
“You even doubt your own brother…” Erik mused, shaking his head slowly. “You've got to change your ways, Kaiba…or else…”
 
“Or else what? You're showing me a lie! That's not real! I know Mokuba would NEVER say that about me!!!” Damien exclaimed. -`I love playing Kaiba pissed!'- He thought, smiling mentally.
 
“Fine, suit yourself…you've got one chance, Kaiba…one more chance. That baka pharaoh doesn't want any more casualties.” Erik warned darkly stepping back into the shadows and disappearing.
 
The room came back to normal, as Damien sat back down, a hand on his chest. “Calm down…”He told himself. “It was all a lie…that's all…a lie…”
 
The curtains fell.