Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas Carol with a Twist ❯ Christmas Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: See last chapter.
 
-`Thoughts not involved with the play'-
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-
 
*Backstage*
 
Sonja was checking off something on a clipboard she was holding. “Lightingcheck…Cameras…c< b>heckSpecial effectscheck. Cast members…”
 
She was interrupted by a loud, “NO WAY IN *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* AM I WEARING THIS PIECE OF *bleep* ONSTAGE!!!!!!!”
 
“Check…” Sonja said, rolling her eyes.
 
Jett came stomping up to Sonja, wearing a bathrobe and a towel, and looking rather tan. “There is no *bleep* way!” He roared.
 
“Oh c'mon Jett, you loved the idea of the tanning machine…” Sonja reminded, her brown eyes twinkling.
 
“Yeah, but this!?!?” Jett asked, flashing what's in the robe. (Don't get gutter-minded; he's wearing something in there!)
 
“OMG, you look so hot in that!” Sonja squealed. “Don't worry, after your part, you can incinerate it. I've got dozens more.”
 
“Thanks, Son…” Jett replied, peeking into the robe again. “No wonder this outfit died out a long time ago…” He mumbled. (Anyone wanna guess?)
 
*********** (onstage) **********
 
[<*Act 4: Seto's office, KC tower, Clock shows 8:00 P.M.*>]
 
Damien was typing again, until a `whoosh' came from the open `window' behind him.
 
“Darn window…” Damien mumbled, getting up from his chair and closing the window briskly.
 
Suddenly, smoke descended from the ceiling and the room became dim, the light coming from the smoke itself.
 
Up on the balcony, K. Takahashi was applauding the special effects of the Animasters. “Very impressive…” he mused.
 
And back onstage, a figure emerged from the smoke.
 
“Seto Kaiba, are you ready…?” the figure asked.
 
When the smoke cleared, the fangirls were screaming, “OMG!!!!!!!!!!!” And suddenly, there was a large banner appeared in the crowd saying, `POWER TO THE MEN IN SKIRTS!'
 
Onstage there was Jett, still cosplaying Yami, but now, wearing Atemu's outfit, including the tan, the crown and the Millennium Puzzle.
 
“Who the *bleep* are you?” Damien asked irritably, glancing at Jett's outfit. “And I don't know about you, but I'm straight.”
 
There was a chorus of “*bleep* it!” from some Yaoi lovers and gay fanboys.
 
“My name is Atemu, I am the Son of Ra, the Horus on Earth, I am the Pharaoh...” Jett said, regal red-violet eyes staring down Damien's sapphire blue eyes.
 
“Well, *bleep* for you.” Damien replied, rolling his eyes.
 
“I'm here so show you something, something I hope that will show you the error of everything you've ever done…” Jett continued.
 
“I make NO errors, get that through your thick, gel covered head, Atom or whatever you're named.” Damien retorted, smirking.
 
He brushed past Jett and made his way to the door, but suddenly the room became a haze of purple and black. Smoke emerging from the floor, Damien rounded on Jett and exclaimed, “What the *bleep* is going on here?!”
 
“Come with me Kaiba, we're going to your past…” Jett declared, as the purple and black swirled around and suddenly, they were in a quaint room, with a small Christmas tree in the center.
 
This place seem familiar, Kaiba?” Jett asked with a triumphant smirk on his face.
 
Damien looked around, awe evident on his face. “This is…”
 
“…the orphanage you went to in your youth…” Jett confirmed.
 
*Backstage*
 
Sonja breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank you, Midori!” She said. “It's a good thing you were able to copy Seto's VR system!”
 
Midori, who was next to her, blushed. “Thanks, Son…” She replied softly.
 
*Onstage*
 
Damien's eyes were wide with awe. -`The things I do for my sister…'- he thought in defeat. “How did we get back here?!” He asked.
 
“Ah, Kaiba…still in denial I see…” Jett replied. -`*bleep* I feel a breeze around my legs…'- he thought. “When are you going to believe in what right in front of your eyes? Magic is around you and yet you deny its existence…”
 
“Of course I do!” Damien retorted hotly.
 
“Well then, feast your eyes on this…” Jett replied. He waved his hand and there Damien saw an amazing sight.
 
It was himself, or rather him at Mokuba's age, carrying a small present in his hands. Behind him was a younger Mokuba, his wide slate blue eyes twinkling with excitement. (Remember, he's playing Kaiba…)
 
“What's dat, big bwoder?” He asked sweetly.
 
“I got something for you…” The young Seto replied, giving the gift to him.
 
The little raven-haired boy frantically opened his gift and there, on a small square of Styrofoam, was the widely known card-shaped locket.
 
“Fow me?” He asked.
 
Young Seto nodded and reached into his sweater-vest and took out his card locket. (That's what he wore back in those days according to the pictures I've seen, back before trench coats fit him…LOL!)
 
Mokuba's eyes shined with tears and he tackled the young Seto to the ground, chanting “Thank you!” over and over again.
 
“Hey, knock it off!” The young Seto retorted, playfully pushing his little brother away, a smile on his face.
 
Back to the two observers, Jett glanced over to Damien, a broad smirk on his face.
 
“Where did that boy go, Kaiba?” He asked.
 
Damien's eyes were obscured by his dark chestnut brown hair. “He ceased to exist when he came into his life…” He replied.
 
The room vanished and they were once again in Seto's office. Suddenly, smoke appeared as Jett stepped into the smoke saying his line with added mystery.
 
“Remember Kaiba…it's not too late…we can still revive that boy…”
 
Damien returned to his deck, looking up to see Jett gone. “That boy is gone forever, much to the disappointment of many people…including Mokuba…and me…” He said as the curtains fell.
 
The Kaiba fangirls are crying their eyes out. “THAT”S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” They exclaimed sadly.
 
Sonja peeked into the audience and exclaimed to the cast members, “They love it!!!”
 
“That's good…” Jett replied. “Can I take this off now?” He asked, fingering the large jeweled collar of his costume.
 
“Yeah sure…” Sonja replied distractedly.
 
As Jett rushed off, Sonja rounded on Erik and said, “You're playing a big part in the next play, better get ready…”