Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas Carol with a Twist ❯ The Play Arrives ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except Kingdom Anime. And also, the thing about the partnership with Kazuki Takahashi-sama, that's not true too.
 
Hi! And it's finally time to update this! And I'm here again, Khamille Tong, the manga-ka for `Kingdom Anime'! And here's my Christmas Carol with a Twist!!
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
*Dec. 24, 2005, the Kalahari Dome*
 
The snow silently fell as the students of the outrageously large Kalahari Private School flooded into the Dome to 1) get out of the snow, 2) get good seats and 3) fight for a glimpse of Kazuki Takahashi, the main guest for this special play of `A Christmas Carol'.
 
A helicopter with the Kalahari Crest zoomed over the Plexiglas covered roof of the Dome, with a woman hanging out of it precariously.
 
“And here I am hovering over the Kalahari Dome, site of the most anticipated Christmas plays in Kalahari History! Where the reigning queen of the school, Madame Sonja Edachi, has told Kazuki Takahashi that she has arranged a one of a kind `Christmas Carol' story!” She announced into a microphone, looking into a cameraman in the interior of the copter.
 
*Backstage of the Dome*
 
Jett was anxiously playing with the buckles that adorned his arms, neck and waist. “How does Yami wear all this?!?” He asked no one in particular.
 
Then, he heard a growl coming from somewhere behind him, and there, he saw Damien leaning against the wall, arms crossed.
 
“Hating the costume?” Jett asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Obviously.” Damien replied hotly, looking into a wall-mounted mirror and seeing his forcefully flattened chestnut hair. “You do not know how much I hate this!!!!” He exclaimed angrily.
 
“And now I know why Sonja thinks you're perfect for Kaiba's role.” Jake said mockingly, waltzing into the room and almost bumping into a wall.
 
“Darn bangs! I can barely see a thing!!!” He scowled, brushing the purple-dyed-blonde bangs away from his eyes.
 
“And let's not forget these stupid contacts!!” Jett added, fighting the urge to remove the red violet contacts from his golden eyes.
 
“How can I forget?!” Jake spat, glaring at Jett with his amber-covered blue eyes.
 
They both heard a loud `thud' and both whipped around to the direction of the noise. They both saw Damien, his fist onto a crater in the wooden wall. “Urusai!” He shouted.
 
The two nodded and talked in hushed voices. “I forgot Damien hates his hair combed flat.” Jett related.
 
“Let's…get away as fast as possible.” Jake suggested and they scooted off.
 
*******************Onstage*****************< /div>
 
Sonja waltzed in onto the center of the stage. “Hey everyone! Welcome to the special play that I wrote, `Christmas Caroling in Domino City' all in the honor of our special guest, Kazuki Takahashi, the author of YGO!”
 
The fans (and fangirls) cheer as a spotlight shines onto the main balcony where Kazuki Takahashi was seated. He waved cheerfully, and the fans cheered even more.
 
“Now, since this is a play, me and my fellow Animasters will be cosplaying the YGO characters. But believe me, the Animasters are masters of cosplay, ain't that right, Damien?”
 
Damien walks up onstage, trying his best to keep calm. The fangirls cheer, thinking it is really Seto up onstage.
 
“We love you, Kaiba-sama!!!” they cheered lovingly.
 
“Umm…that's my brother, Damien.” Sonja corrected.
 
Kazuki was amazed. “This will be interesting…” he mused.
 
“And without further ado, on with the play!” Sonja announced and ran off the stage.
 
The curtains fell and the Animasters started the play.
 
<*Act 1, Scene: Seto's office, KC tower*>
 
The curtains were raised again and at the furthest right was Damien (Playing Seto) behind a desk and typing his heart out.
 
Then, a door right in front of the desk opened and Evan (Playing Mokuba) walked in.
 
Nii-sama, you're still working?!?” He asked.
 
Of course I am, Mokuba.” Damien replied, not looking away from the screen.
 
“But Seto, it's Christmas Eve! Take a break for once and let's go home!” Evan pleaded, looking at him with the `puppy eyes'.
 
Damien smirked as he typed. “That's not going to work. I need to get these done for the good of the company. Besides, Christmas is just another holiday and advertisement excuse. What's so special about December 25th?” he drawled.
 
Evan pouted. “Fine! Then I'm going over to Yugi's place, at least he has fun!” He exclaimed angrily.
 
He turned around sharply, and said, “I think…the day we met him, was also the day you died, Seto.”
 
And with that, he left the room, slamming the door. Damien finally looked up from the screen. “Everything I sacrifice is for you, Mokuba…you're the only reason I didn't kill myself back in those days…”
 
The curtains fell as the Kaiba fangirls sobbed. “That's so sweet!!!!” They chorused.
 
<*Act 2, Scene: Living room, Kame game shop*>
 
The curtains rose again, showing Yugi's living room with Midori (playing Tea), Jake (playing Joey), William (random High School student, playing Tristan) and Jett (playing Yami).
 
Jake, who was dueling with Jett, cried out when he lost. “Aww…c'mon, Yuge, dat's da 6th time in a row! Can't ya let me win once in a while?”
 
Jett crossed his arms and said, “Other opponents won't be as lenient.”
 
Then, the door opened and Evan stormed into the room. “I. Can't. Believe. Him!!!!!!” He screamed.
 
“Oh no…” William said, rolling his eyes. “Kaiba problems?”
 
Evan pouted and crossed his arms. “Well, duh!” He replied hotly. He sat down on a chair next to the window. Midori walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Don't get angry at him, Mokuba. He's just doing his job, that's all…” She said soothingly.
 
“Oh really?? He's doing his job SO much that he's completely forgotten about me!!!!” Evan screamed out, pouting afterwards.
 
“It can't be that bad…” William said supportively.
 
“He even said that Christmas was a waste of good work time! I just can't believe we're related! He's a regular scrooge!!!” Evan whined.
 
Jett tapped William on the shoulder and asked, “What's a scrooge?”
 
William rolled his eyes and explained, “Scrooge, or Ebenezer Scrooge is a made up character in a book called `A Christmas Carol'. Scrooge is this stuck-up, money-loving snob, much like Kaiba, who doesn't care about what happens to others, as long as he's paid. He then receives a warning that he'll be visited by 3 ghosts, one of Christmas past, another of present, and another of future. He sees what effects he gives to others and soon, changes his ways.”
 
Jett was amazed at this. “You know what, everyone? I think I have a plan…” He said and ran to the phone as the curtain fell.
 
[<*Act 3, Scene: Seto's office, K.C. Tower*>]
 
The curtains rose again and it showed Damien in the office once again, typing on the computer.
 
Suddenly, a `ping' noise indicated that he got an e-mail from an unknown sender.
 
Damien opened the e-mail and read aloud: “Kaiba, do you even have a heart? I'm giving you one chance to redeem yourself; you'll be visited thrice, each by a being not of this earth, and are given 3 chances to repent. This is your ONLY warning. Signed, someone who cares
 
He smirked as he finished reading. “Well, you may care, but I don't.”
 
He deleted the message just as a knock sounded on the door.
 
“Enter.” He commanded stoically, and there, Kotako (playing Seto's secretary) came into the room.
 
“Umm…sir?” She asked nervously. “A present was left on my desk addressed to you.”
 
“A what?” Damien asked, staring at her with unblinking sapphire eyes.
 
“A present.” She repeated, showing Damien a silver present with a blue ribbon. “I found it on my desk when I came back from the bathroom…”
 
Damien took the present from her and saw a note written on it. “Don't open until midnight.” He read aloud.
 
Kotako bowed and left the room.
 
Damien looked at the note again and smirked. “Why don't I humor whoever sent this…?” He asked himself as he hid the present under his desk.
 
Just then, the curtains fell.