Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas Miracle ❯ A Christmas Miracle ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
A Christmas MiracleAnubis_HimuraDecember 11, 2007
~
Jounouchi Katsuya watched the sleet trickling down his bedroom window. It seemed to him that Christmas would not come this year. Being seventeen years old he realized it was silly to think things like “Christmas wouldn’t come”. He knew, in a rational way, that Christmas came and went every year. That the season brought with it the holiday and there was no getting around that. However, the magic of Christmas, which meant getting everything your heart desires, and knowing, without out a doubt, that miracles happened, that was what he knew was absent. Jou heard his mother call to him and he sighed heavily getting off his bed and trudging down to the living room.
“Jounouchi!” she said with excitement. “It’s time to open your Christmas Eve present!” his mother was wearing a Santa hat and a shirt that looked like a Christmas tree. He had to smile at his mother’s enthusiasm.
“Let Seren go first.” He said with a smile.
Serenity, who was only two year younger than Jou, smile happily as she began to unwrap her gift. “Awesome!” She exclaimed. “It’s the tablet I wanted!” She jumped up from the sofa and hugged her mom followed by her dad. “Thank you so much!”
“You’re welcome precious.” Mr. Katsuya said with a warm tone. “You next Jou. Open up.” He winked at his son and Jounouchi took the gift his mother handed him.
It was wrapped in blue paper that had white snowflakes sprinkled on it. The bow was silver and tied expertly. He spent more time than usual inspecting the wrapping; it was so intricate he had a hard time making himself tear it open. When the item was separated from its dressings it reveled to be a new iPhone, the only thing he had been asking for all year. It filled him with some degree of superficial happiness to know that he had gotten one of the coolest phones in the country; but another part of him still felt empty.
“Thanks mom and dad!” he said with as much enthusiasm as he could. “This is just what I wanted.” He hugged his parents and sat down next to his sister to open the box and further inspect his phone.
“This is for you Keiko.” He looked up as his mother was presented with a long red box. His mother opened it up to reveal a diamond necklace with all four of their birthstones in the centerpiece.
“Oh Ando, it’s perfect.”
Jou smiled at his parents love. Sure they had had rocky moments, who didn’t? He spent the evening with the family, watching Christmas movies and drinking cocoa. Eventually one-by-one the members of the family went to bed, leaving Jou up by himself.
He retired to his room where he took to staring out the window again. “One thing.” He mumbled to himself. “All I wanted this year, was to hear those words, spoken from those lips. How demanding a wish was that?”
With a heavy heart Jou settled himself in to bed. Yes, Christmas was here, but the magic was long gone.
~
Seto Kaiba paced the halls of his mansion. He did not feel as though this were the season of joy. He had had one mission in life this past month; to stop being stubborn and admit his feelings to a certain someone. All month long, during class and at lunch, he tried to get up the courage to even say hello. He failed in his attempt and now it was vacation and he was no closer to his goal than before.
Kaiba hated to admit when he failed, but there was no way this poor excuse for an attempt could be a success. He finally sat down on the window sill and stared out at the sleet attacking the ground. He had stopped believing in Santa a long time ago. Magic and miracles were for children to believe in; but as he stared out at the snow covered yard he hoped, just once, for a miracle.
“Big brother.” A voice startled him and he turned to see Mokuba.
“Go to sleep Mokie. It’s late. Santa won’t come if you’re not asleep.”
“Oh Seto,” he shook his head at his older brother. “You seem upset.”
“It’s nothing I need to worry you with.”
“But I’m you brother. I know I’m four years younger than you, but I’m really helpful. What’s wrong?” Mokuba sat beside Seto on the window sill, showing him his determination in helping.
“I couldn’t give myself the one gift I really wanted to.” Seto stated vaguely.
“Well Seto, Christmas only just began.” Mokuba responded. “I should get to bed so you can put the presents out Santa.” Mokuba hugged his brother, “You still have time.” He whispered before darting off to bed.
Seto smiled as he watched his brother bounce merrily to bed. He thought about his brothers words and something inside him was struck. Nothing would get done if he sat around his mansion moping. Only if he took action could a Christmas miracle truly happen.
Seto placed the presents for his brother under the Christmas tree and grabbed the keys to his car. He threw a shovel and some lights into the back seat and started off for Majestic Park Lane. There was only one way to get a miracle to happen before Christmas morning.
~
Jounouchi was dreaming he was running through the halls of his school, he was waking and confused why he was running. He heard tapping outside his bedroom and his mind fully entered consciousness. He blinked a few times and the tapping became louder. He looked at the clock, it was five thirty. Opening his shade he looked down to see a shadow flicking rocks at his window. He hoisted open the window and called down to the silhouette.
“What? Who’s there?” he called groggily.
“Happy Christmas Jounouchi.” The voice called up to him.
“Kaiba?”
The figure held his hands together, apparently plugging something in, and suddenly lights burst from the ground. The shape was of a shaggy dog with a Santa hat. Jou smiled at the figure and looked further down to see there was a message written in lights as well, “Happy Christmas Mutt”.
“Kaiba…” Jou began. He was impressed and confused.
“I love you Jounouchi.” Kaiba said, his voice shaking slightly.
Jou smiled and left the window to run outside. The front door burst open and Jou ran full force into Kaiba’s arms. “I love you Seto.” He said softly.
The sleet that had once been falling had turned into delicate snow that swayed gently to earth, filling the scene with a peaceful tranquility. “I guess Christmas miracles do happen.” ~I’m probably he lamest person on earth haha
Anyways, this was just a little gift from me to you guys! Happy Holidays everyone!!!- Love Anubis!