Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Face from the Past ❯ The Competition Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ayame was awaken by her dog as it bounded into her bedroom, jumping up on the bed and licking her face.
off of me, Cairo," she said, pushing the dog away. "I'm up."
are you up?" her grandfather called up the stairs. "You're going to be late for the competition."
up, grandpa," she said. "Be down in a minute."
threw back her covers, stood up and crossed over to her closet where she slipped into black jeans and a red tank top. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and headed downstairs to eat breakfast.
you ready for the competition?" her grandmother asked as she put a plate of french toast in front of her.
I am," Ayame answered as she started to eat. "I rearranged my deck last night."
finished eating and then went upstairs to get her deck and then headed downtown to the competition. The competition was at 9 and it was almost 8:30.
see you later," she told her grandparents as she headed out the door.
Yami and Buka was just leaving his grandfather's shop and headed toward the competition. They were meeting Joey, Tristan and Serenity there. As they neared the arena, they saw the others waiting for them near the doors. They saw them and waved them over.
Buka neared them, she thought she saw a familiar face enter the building.
couldn't be," she said.
the matter?" Yami asked.
thought I recognized someone," she said. "But I think I might have been seeing things."
entered the arena and found seats. Ayame was sitting a couple seats down from them. She was flipping through her deck to see if she needed to trade any cards with her side deck. She just happened to glance up as Yami and the others passed her and she thought she recognized Buka as well but she didn't get a good look at her and continued with what she was doing. Pretty soon, the announcer entered the center of the arena to start the first competition.
first competition will be against Ayame Yamaguchiya and Weevil Underwood," he said.
upon recognizing the name of her old friend, looked up as Ayame made her way to the center of the arena along with Weevil.
my God, it is her," she said.
is she?" Serenity asked.
was one of the my closest friends back in Kyoto," Buka answered. "We kept in contact with each other after she moved to Tokyo but after I moved to Domino, we lost contact."
now she's in Domino," Tristan said.
and Ayame had taken their places to begin the duel.
I'll activate the field card Umi," Ayame started. "Then I place one card face-down and also place 7 Colored Fish in attack mode and end my turn."
place one monster in defense mode and lay one card face-down," Weevil said. "And I end my turn."
place one card face-down and place Water Omotics in attack mode and then I'll attack your face-down card, destroying it," Ayame. "Then I'll attack your life points directly with 7 Colored Fish."
watched as his life points slipped down to 6000. "You'll pay for that," Weevil said as he drew one more card. "I place a monster in defense mode."
also pay one card face-down," Ayame said. "And then place Water Girl in attack mode and attack your face-down card, destroying it. Then I'll attack your life points directly with 7 Colored Fish."
life points drops down 2000 more life points to 4000.
also attack your life points directly with Water Omotics and end my turn."
life points dropped lower to 2400.
you little . . . ." Weevil said but Ayame interrupted him.
start with me Bug Boy," Ayame snapped. "Just take your turn."
if you insist," Weevil said, smirking. "I play Flying Kamakiri #2 in attack mode and have it attack your Water Girl destroying it."
50 points," Ayame said, sounding shocked. "That's alot. Let's how you like this. First I'll place one card face-down. Then attack your Flying Kamakiri #2 with my Water Omotics, destroying it and taking your life points down to 2300. Then I'll inflict damage to your life points by attacking them with 7 Colored Fish which takes your life points down to 300."
no way," Weevil said. "I'm not about to lose this duel. Even if it is to a girl. I place one monster face-down."
will activate my trap card Acid Trap Hole destroying your face-down down monster and then attack your life points directly with Water Omotics, so ending this duel."
watched as his life points went to zero. "My bugs, you destroyed my precious bugs," Weevil said.
over it," Ayame said as she climbed down from where she was standing during the duel.
crossed over to gather her bag. She wanted to step outside and go for a walk before her next duel. But stopped when he heard the names of the next competitors.
next duel will be Bukasha Kashii and Mako Tsunami."
Buka's here in Domino," she said, sitting back down to watch the duel her best friend was about to compete in.