Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Face from the Past ❯ A Familiar Face ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
looked over at Yami, and then straightened out her jean vest before heading toward the dueling platform. She had never faced Mako before, so she wasn't sure who had the upper hand here in this duel. They both started with 8000 life points, which wasn't a big deal. She took a deep breath and remembered who she was dueling for.
do your best Tenshi, that's all we ask!" Yami said, watching as Buka headed toward the platform. He knew she'd do well. It just depended on how well she handled Mako.
we know you can do it Buka!" Serenity called out.
just nodded, and then looked over at Mako. He looked as ready as she was, with a look of determination on his face. She had heard that he took every duel seriously.
the duel between Bukasha Kashii and Mako Tsunami shall begin!" The announcer said, before stepping back to his platform.
believe I shall start this off. I place two cards face down, and I place one monster face down in defense mode. Your move," Buka said, trying not to sound too cocky.
too bad Bukasha, I summon Giant Red Seasnake in attack mode, and I will attack your face down monster," Mako smirked.
Buka could do was try to keep a straight face. She knew exactly what she had face down, and it didn't help him out much.
big loss, you just took out my Needle Worm. And his special ability automatically sends 5 cards from your deck to the graveyard. Any other moves fish boy?" Buka asked, crossing his arms.
shook his head, signifying that it was Buka's move. And she took it with pleasure, knowing that this duel would be very easy to win at this rate.
then, I place Cyber Stein in defense mode, but that's not all. I will also pay 5000 of my own life points to activate its special ability. Now I summon the Meteor Black Dragon!" Buka said, knowing that she just made a very risky move. "That ends my turn."
on Tenshi . . . ." Yami said, holding his hands together. He hoped she knew what she was doing after pulling off one of the riskiest moves known.
shook his head; he knew that there were many ways to get rid of a high level monster. Even if he didn't have the cards right now, he could always activate Torrential Tribute at any time. For now he decided a different method to ridding the field of that powerful dragon.
it's my turn I summon Flying Fish in attack mode, and then I will use Raigeki to take out your monsters!"
narrowed her eyes, knowing that she didn't have Anti Raigeki up yet. But she can activate her Solemn Wishes trap card, which would save her life points anyway. She just needed a miracle to beat this guy. The duel areayd started, and she was already behind him by 5000 points.
next, Giant Red Seasnake attack her life points directly!"
Yami literally jumped out of his chair, only to get pulled back down by Tristan.
be fine, we just need to remind her who she's dueling for. I know she doesn't want to lose this, none of us want her to." Tristan said, putting a hand on his shoulder.
nodded, and watched reluctantly as Buka stumbled back after the hit. He sighed to himself, knowing what he had to do. Occasionally he'd look over at the girl who had just defeated Weevil but then he'd return to the duel between Buka and Mako.
Do this for Hana!" Yami called out, watching her eyes light up as soon as Hana's name was mentioned.
will. Mako, I activate my Solemn Wishes trap card so now I get 500 points every time I draw a card or cards. So, tell me. Is that the best you can do?" Buka asked, a new fire burning in her golden brown eyes.
and the others noticed the new look on Buka's face, it rivaled his own determination. She has a lot more at stake than he realized, but she too was dueling for a loved one. Two in fact, because she was doing this for Yami as well.
all, but I seriously doubt you can do anything."
where you're wrong. First I activate Change of Heart, and I take control over your snake. And now I will sacrifice it so I can summon my Luster Dragon. Now Luster Dragon, attack his Flying Fish!"
Go Buka!" Serenity cheered, sensing a major comeback.

shook his head; there wasn't much in his deck that could take out a dragon that powerful. Granted it wasn't as powerful as the Meteor Black Dragon or the Blue Eyes, but 2400 attack points were nothing to laugh at. But he was not one to back down from a duel that quickly.
. . . . I don't want to do this to you Bukasha, but I activate Dark Hole!"
activated my trap card, White Hole. It negates the effect of the Dark Hole. So sorry, Mako." Buka grinned, knowing that she had him right where she wanted him.
Tristan and Serenity cheered. Hana would have been too, but she was being watched by Grandpa while Yami and Buka attended the tournament.
would be proud, Tenshi! You are doing great!" Yami said, seeing a small smile creep across her face.
end my turn then . . . ." Mako said, sounding pretty down trodden now.
well. I summon Mystical Elf in defense mode, and I think I'll have my Luster Dragon attack your life points directly." Buka smirked, feeling pretty good about this.
narrowed his eyes, watching his life points go down even further. He was already down to 4700, which was not good. He knew he had to think up a strategy soon, or he'd be finished.
set one monster face-down, and I activate Umi! Now let's see you stand up against my monsters of the deep!" Mako cackled, knowing that now he had the upper hand.
. . . . so predictable Mako. First, I sacrifice my two monsters to summon Wingweaver. Next I activate my Luminous Spark field card. Wingweaver is now up to 3450, try to beat that." Buka said, getting a tone in her voice that no one had ever heard before. Not even Yami and they knew each other for 2 years.
am not scared of that damn fairy, Kashii. And you know it!" Mako said, getting really peeved at this point.
your move Mako."
growled, and narrowed his eyes at Buka. This was not over, not by a long shot. Although it did look pretty hopeless.
pass this turn, your move again Kashii."
can't take this . . . . Buka is going to win right?" Serenity asked, her amber eyes showing genuine concern and worry.
course she will, Serenity. I know she can win this, I have faith in her. So does her daughter, and that is what she is going on. The love of her friends and family." Yami answered, smiling softly.
may not have been a wise move, fish boy. First I summon Dunames Dark Witch in attack mode, and I attack your face-down monster. Next Wingweaver will attack your life points directly." A huge grin spread across Buka's face as she watched his life points drop all the way down to 1250.
just sighed, and he placed his hand on his deck. He could do nothing, and Buka proved to be too powerful for him. He felt honored to even be dueling, the top duelist in Kyoto, and to lose to her only proved how good she really was.
surrender, Buka. This was an excellent duel, and I will look forward to our next one. I wish you luck for the remainder of this tournament." Mako said, shaking her hand before heading off on his own.
you Mako. It was an honor dueling with you; I'll look forward to that duel. It will be equally as challenging." Buka smiled, and then headed back to her group. She smiled as she hugged Yami, only to get kissed in return.
. . . ." Serenity said, only to get turned around by Tristan.
them have their moment. Besides, we have time before the next duel." Tristan said, waiting for Yami and Buka.
am so proud of you Tenshi . . . ." Yami said, after pulling away from her reluctantly. "Hana will be too once we told her."
you, Koishii. Now let's see who's going to be dueling next." Buka smiled, blushing slightly.
they went to sit down, Buka glanced over at Ayame and knew she need to go over and talk to her, but before she could Ayame stood up and walked toward the entrance.
on," Buka said to Yami. "I need to go talk to her."
want us to go with you?" Serenity asked. "We can all go get something to eat."
need to be back early for the next round of duels," Joey said.
to the program, we have to be back by twelve," Buka said.
got to their feet and went out of the building, looking around for Ayame.
for me," Ayame said and they turned to see her leaning against the side of the building. She stepped away from the building and approached them. "Hello Buka."
Ayame could say anything else, Buka had thrown her arms around her and gave her a big hug which Ayame returned.
been years," Buka said releasing the hug.
it has," Ayame said. "What happened to your letters?"
cleared his throat and the girls turned to look at him. "Why don't we go get something to eat and talk?" he suggested.
idea," Buka said. "We still got an hour before the next round of duels."
they walked away, they didn't notice they were being watched. As they rounded the corner, Marik came out of the alleyway.
Buka's best friend is in town," he said to himself. "She could come in handy."