Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Face from the Past ❯ Another Excellent Duelist ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
They went to a nearby restaurant, ordered their food and sat around talking.
kept in contact after you moved to Tokyo but then when I moved to Domino, I guess I forgot to write and tell you when I got here," Buka told Ayame.
okay," Ayame said. "I had a feeling that's what happened. So, who are your friends?"
fault," Buka said. "Ayame, this is my boyfriend Yami. And these are my friends Joey, Tristan and Serenity."
all said hello. Pretty soon their food arrived and they started eating. Pretty soon, Joey glanced at his watch.
better be heading back," he told the others. "It's 11:30."
paid for the food and left, heading back to the arena and sat down. Marik and Odion sat in the back to watch the next set of duels, especially to watch Ayame. Pretty soon, the announcer came back out to start the next round of duels.
our next duel, it will be Ayame Yamaguchiya versus Shadi," the announcer said. "Duelists come take your places."
luck," Serenity said as Ayame stood up.
took their places at the duel platform and got ready to duel. Shadi was the one to start this duel.
place one monster in defense mode and activate the field card Luminous Spark," Shadi started. "And I end my turn."
place two cards face-down and then place 7 Colored Fish in attack mode and then have 7 Colored Fish attack your face-down monster," Ayame said, ending her turn.
place Mystic Fairy in attack mode and attack your 7 Colored Fish," Shadi said.
so fast," Ayame said. "I activate my trap card Widespread Ruin and destroy your Mystic Fairy."
shook his head. "I end my turn."
I'll equip 7 Colored Fish with Axe of Despair bringing its attack points to 2800 and then place Wow Warrior in attack mode," Ayame said. "Then I'll send 7 Colored Fish to attack your life points directly taking your life points down to 5200. Then attack them directly with Wow Warrior, sending them down even more to 3950 and end my turn."
she's pretty good," Odion whispered to Marik.
just sat there and watched the duel.
you guys even know this Shadi guy?" Serenity asked.
all shook their heads and Serenity returned her gaze back to the duel.
activate Monster Reborn to bring back Mystic Fairy and put it in defense mode," Shadi said. "Then I play Banisher of the Light in attack mode and end my turn."
equip my Wow Warrior with Black Pendant and then set Bolt Penguin in Attack Mode," Ayame said. "Then send my Bolt Penguin to attack your Mystic Warrior, destroying it. Then I'll use my Wow Warrior to attack your Banisher of the Light and take your life points down to 2800. Then I'll attack your Life Points directly once again and end this duel."
only watched as his life points zipped down to zero.
our winner is Ayame Yamaguchiya," the announcer said. "Your next duel will be at 2:00."
returned to her seat where Buka hugged her tightly and the others congratulated her on her second win.
you dueled before?" Yami asked her.
was one of the top three duelists in Tokyo," she said. "After moving here, I found the announcement for this tournament and signed up fo it."
next duel will be Joey Wheeler versus Rex Raptor," the announcer said.
luck Joey," everyone said as he left them to go to his duel.
overheard the conversation and motioned for Odion to follow him and they exited the arena.
need to go get a plan together," Marik said. "What a chance to get back at Yami and Buka by going through Buka's best friend."
nodded and they left.