Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Face from the Past ❯ Trouble in Domino ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Joey easily defeated Rex and soon joined the others where they were sitting.
duel Joey," Ayame said. "Looks like Rex is a easy duelist."
and Yami both won their next duels and when they glanced at the clock, they saw they had an hour before they had to be back for the next round of duels, so they decided to go outside for a while and go to a nearby park.
watched as they left the arena. Marik had told him to trail them and then after the duel, trail Ayame back to her house. They sat down on a bench shifting through their deck cards.
the highest card you have?" Buka asked Ayame as she looked over at her best friend.
would probably be my Fortress Whale," Ayame said. "But I can't summon it because I don't have the Ritual Card to summon it."

"What ritual card would that be?" a voice said coming up behind her.
turned to see Mako standing behind them.
need the Fortress Whale Oath," Ayame told him. "Why do you ask?"
I always like to see other duelists using nothing but water monsters and since I can't duel anymore in the competition, I thought I would help out if you need it," Mako answered. "And I can give you one of my Fortress Whale Oath's." He took his deck out and shuffled through it and then handed her a card.
you sure you don't need it?" Ayame asked.
have five of them already. I don't need anymore," Mako said.
Mako," Ayame said, blushing.
nodded and walked away. As soon as he left the others busted out laughing.
the matter?" Ayame said as she turned back around.
they all said in unison and finished rearranging their decks.
soon they were heading back to the arena for the next set of duels. It would be the last of the day. They took their seats as the announcer came into the arena.
next duel will be Ayame Yamaguchiya versus Joey Wheeler," he announced. "Duelists take your positions."
luck guys," Buka said.
nodded and took their positions on the duel platform.
I'll activate the field card Umi," Ayame said as she went first. "Then place Beheon in attack mode. Then I'll equip Behegon with Axe of Despair to make its attack points 2550 and place one card face-down and end my turn."
place one card face-down and also place a monster in defense mode and end my turn," Joey said.
place Wow Warrior in attack mode and then have it attack your defense monster," Ayame said.
I'll activate One-Armed Shield to direct its attack to your Behegon and destroy your Wow Warrior," Joey said.
watched as her life points went down to 6900.
use Polymerization to fuse two monsters together and place Alligator's Sword Dragon in defense mode and end my turn," Joey said.
right," Ayame said drawing her next card. "I'll place Behegon in attack mode and use my other Behegon to attack your Alligator's Sword Dragon, destroying it and then have the other Beheon attack your life points and end my turn."

Joey's life points fell to 6450.
place Goblin Attack Force in attack mode and attack your lowest Behegon, destroying it," Joe ysaid.

"I'll attack your Goblin Attack Force and destroy it," Ayame said. "And I'll also place one card face-down and end my turn."

"I place one monster in defense mode," Joey said.
don't think so," Ayame said. "That will activate my trap card Acid Trap Hole and destroy it and then I'll activate Call of the Haunted to bring back Behegon and place it in attack mode."

"That ends my turn," Joey said.
place Crazy Fish in attack mode and then attack your life points directly," Ayame said.
grinned as his life points dropped all the way to 550. Joey was shocked and so were Yami, Buka, Tristan and Serenity.
can't believe it," Buka said. "She's going to really beat him."

"I believe she will," Yami said.
place Axe Raider in attack mode and destroy your Behegon and end my turn," Joey said.
life points went down to only 6000.

"I think I'll end this now," Ayame said to him. "Prepare yourself. I'll attack you Axe Raider with Behegon, destroying it."

Joey's life points went directly to zero.
winner is once again Ayame Yamaguchiya. Good job," the announcer said. "Your next duel will take place at 3 o'clock tomorrow evening."

She and Joey headed over to the others.
was a good duel Joey," Ayame said. "You tried your best."

"I know," Joey said. "Thanks Ayame."
was called up next to face Mai, in which she won and then Yami faced off against Ishizu, which he also won and then they headed out of the arena to go home.
my address," Ayame said writing it down and then handed it to Buka. "Why don't you meet me there tomorrow and we'll go have lunch together."

"Sounds good," Buka said, placing it in her pocket. "I'll see you tomorrow then."
all said their goodbyes and headed in different directions. Ayame didn't realize she was being followed as she headed home. Odion stayed well behind her as he followed her. Marik wanted him to capture her and then bring her to him.
found a way to make it to her house before her and hid in the alleyway right next to her house. As she went to go past it, he grabbed her and pulled her into the alleyway. She struggled against his grip and then felt something hit her in the back of her head and she went limp. Odion picked her up and slung her over his shoulder and left to head back to Marik with his prize. Marik looked up as Odion came in carrying her.
job Odion," he said. "Tie her up on the chair."

Pretty soon, they had Ayame tied to the chair in the room and then Odion left the room. At Yami's, Buka wanted to ask Ayame something and dialed the number that Ayame had given her.
residence," Ayame's grandfather answered the phone.
is Ayame there?"

"No, she hasn't gotten in yet," he answered. "Are you a friend of hers?"

"Yes I am," Buka said. "She was heading straight home after the competition. I wonder where she is."

"If she comes in, I'll have her call you," he said then. "Does she have your number?"

Buka gave him the number and hung up and turned to Yami.
wrong?" he asked coming over to her.
hasn't showed up at her grandfather's house," she told him.
don't think anything happened do you?"

"I hope not?"