Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Face from the Past ❯ A Duel of a Lifetime ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
At 11:30 Yami and Buka headed out of the Game Shop to search for Ayame, and to find Marik. They reluctantly left Hana behind, but it was safer that way. She was sound asleep anyway, and by the time she woke up she'd be with Gramps and Yugi. Sighing softly, Buka shut the door behind them.
know that we have to do this for Ayame, but do you think that Hana will be alright?" Buka asked, looking into Yami's eyes. Although deep inside she knew that her daughter was in good hands.
course, she's with Yugi and Grandpa. Just don't try not to worry about her much alright? We have to focus on saving Ayame," Yami said, holding Buka's hand with his.
nodded slowly, and they both continued down to the warehouse where Marik wanted to meet them. The words of his letter struck a little bit of fear in Buka's heart, a duel of a lifetime could have meant anything. And knowing Marik, it was going to be God Card vs. God Card.
me that you'll be careful Koishii, I know that Marik wants to duel you. But if it's me, then I will promise you the same," Buka said softly, keeping her gaze focused ahead of them.
have my word; I won't let a thing happen. And if it does, then that's just a risk I'm willing to take. I'd do anything to protect you and Hana. You know that." Yami said, and then he stopped as they got closer to the pier.
both looked around nervously, but they were expecting Marik to come out of any time. It was just a matter of when and where he would show up. Buka heard some noises from near the warehouse and jumped back a bit, putting her hand to her chest.
don't be afraid my dear, you're not the one I'm after. However, I am after someone else." A dark voice said from the shadows.
narrowed his eyes, and stood in front of Buka almost instinctively. At first it sounded like Doro, but as soon as he got a better look at the person in front of them it became clear. He couldn't mistake the hair, gold arm bands or the expression in the lavender eyes.
. . . ." Yami started, and he motioned for Buka to stay back.
now recognized the voice, and she had every right to be scared. She almost lost Yami to Marik before, and she wasn't going to let that happen again. Battle City may have been a distant memory for most people, but it was still fresh in her mind. She just watched the two, and prayed silently that nothing serious would happen.
one and only, now what you say? Are you ready for the duel of a lifetime Pharaoh?" Marik asked, walking out of the shadows with a rueful smirk plastered across his face.
get this started Marik," Yami said, setting up his duel disk. He watched as Marik did the same, seeing that the smirk never did leave his face.
be careful Koishii . . . . We all know from City that Marik is very dangerous, and if he pulls Ra . . . . I can just pray that Yami can get Slifer before that. This will definitely be a very dangerous duel, and interesting as well.' Buka thought to herself, subconsciously putting one hand in her pocket. She was holding one card in her hand, knowing that Yami could possibly use it later on.
well, I'll go first. First I summon Revival Jam in defense mode and next I sacrifice my Jam Breeding Machine! I know you are well of this move, and I know you are aware of Revival Jam's ability too. So I wouldn't be trying to make the same mistake like last time." Marik crossed his arms, and waited for Yami to make his move.
is just too predictable Marik; I knew you were going to do that. So no, I won't make the same mistake. I place two cards face down and next I'll summon Alpha the Magnet Warrior in defense mode. That's all." Yami said, knowing he could get rid of Revival Jam before sacrificed it.
looked over at Buka who seemed a little on edge, but he knew that she hasn't seen anything yet. But just for fun, perhaps he'd do something with her later on. Or get his Rare Hunters to steal something else that was near and dear to her besides Ayame and Yami. 'That's perfect . . . . I can get to her daughter. And she'll never know.' He thought to himself, directing his gaze back toward Yami.
is predictable now Pharaoh? I summon Vorse Raider and then I will attack your Magnet Warrior. Too bad really, I was looking forward to this being an interesting duel." Marik said the smirk still on his face.
it just got more interesting Marik. I activate Magical Cylinder!" Yami said, watching as Vorse Raider's attack went back to Marik, making him lose 1900 life points. Now he was down to 6100, and Yami still had 8000.
smiled, and cheered for a moment. But she knew that she shouldn't celebrate too early. Marik could easily come from behind and pull something on Yami. Besides, he still had his Vorse Raider on the field. Magical Cylinder only reflected the attack back at the person who declared it.
. . . . very well then, I shall end my turn. Now I wouldn't get too smug my dear, Yami only got lucky that once. The duel is just starting to heat up!" Marik said to Buka before laughing his fool head off.
just let it go Marik! You know as well as I do that Yami has the upper hand in this duel!" Buka called out, noticing a small smile on Yami's face.
right Marik. Now let's see . . . ." Yami started and drew a card. He grinned slightly, and then looked over at Marik. "I'll place one more card face down, and then I'll place Mystical Elf in defense mode. Your move." Yami finished a confident grin still on his face.
glared at Buka, and then redirected his attention back to the duel. He wasn't going to let the Pharaoh's girlfriend distract him. He was going to win this one way or another, and he was already getting close to getting Ra on the field. All he really needed to do was draw it.
watch as my Jam Breeding Machine produces the first of many slime tokens! Now, I will place one monster face-down and that will end my turn." Marik said, watching Yami's look of confidence fade. In the next turn he could very easily summon Ra without using the Slime Tokens.
. . . ." Buka started, holding her hand to her chest.
. . . . Very well, first I sacrifice my two monsters and summon my Dark Magician. Next, I activate Heavy Storm! That gets rid of all of your trap and magic cards, including your Jam Breeding Machine. Now, Dark Magician attack the Slime Token!" Yami smirked, watching Marik lose 2000 more life points. Now the score was 4100/8000.
just shook his head. That was no big deal; he had far worse in store for Yami. Perhaps more than he bargained for. This duel had just started, so what if he was down considerably? That wouldn't last for long.
shouldn't gloat Pharaoh. You may be winning, but I smell a change in the air. Why yes . . . ." Marik smirked at the card he just drew. This would seal everything now.
raised an eyebrow, wondering what exactly Marik was talking about. Unless . . . . That must be it! He now knew what Marik had; it must have been the Winged Dragon of Ra. There was no other reason that he would have been smirking like that.
now, I sacrifice my Revival Jam, Vorse Raider and Humanoid Slime to summon the almighty Winged Dragon of Ra!" he finished, and watched as the golden dragon appeared. It was indeed massive, rivaling the size of Exodia or the Ultimate Dragon.
no . . . ." Buka felt her heart leap into her chest, and watched as the attack and defense points of Ra went up to an impressive 4200.
is not possible . . . ." Yami started, looking up at the golden dragon. He had seen Ra before, but not this close. And he had never been the target of a possible attack by the god either.
just stood waiting for Yami's move. He knew that the Pharaoh had no possible way of pulling this off, not after he attacked him in the next move. His Dark Magician was as good as gone.
I can find a way to counter your dragon . . . . somehow. I place one card face-down, and next I activate Solemn Wishes. That ends it for me." Yami knew that this was a risky move, but it could buy him some time until he can finish this duel once and for all.
grinned and silently cheered. She knew exactly what the face-down card was, and if it was played right . . . . then this duel was over. She just kept her mouth shut for the time being.
that all? If you wish to go down that easily, so be it. Ra, attack his Dark Magician now!" Marik said, laughing as the mage was destroyed by his god card. He watched as Yami's life points went down from 8000 to 6300.
am still in this!" Yami said, waiting for Marik to finish up his turn.
now, that is correct. However I am willing to change that! But for now I'll place one card face-down and that will end my turn." He finished, a smug look still plastered on his face.
narrowed his eyes, and then he drew just the card he needed. He just prayed that it would work against Ra; he couldn't afford to lose over 4000 life points. But he did know that God Cards were immune against magic and trap cards, perhaps this would be the one exception.
hold on for a minute!" Buka said, walking up next to Yami placing one card in his hand. She smiled a little, and then headed back to her spot. Now was a good time to use it, it could help him out immensely if he used the card right.
. . . . it would be wise if you told your girlfriend to stay out of this Pharaoh! Now make your move." Marik said, watching Buka's move.
smiled back at Buka as he saw the card that she placed in his hand. It was her Mage Power card. He knew what he had to do now, and he too had a card that could help him as well.
I am sorry it has to end this way. First, I activate Swords of Revealing Light! Next, I place one more monster face down and end my turn." Yami said, knowing he just needed one more monster, and Buka's help to summon Slifer.
move Pharaoh. But since I can't attack, I'll pass this turn." Marik said simply, wondering what exactly he had planned.
just grinned, and drew his next card. 'This is perfect! I don't want to sacrifice her Wingweaver though, but I can put this in defense mode . . . .' Yami thought to himself as he looked at his hand.
decide to place Big Shield Gardna in defense mode, and I'll place one last card face-down. Any last requests Marik?" Yami smirked, and looked over at Buka quickly before turning back to the duel.
tell me . . . . you are planning to summon Slifer aren't you? Well no matter . . . . I can place this monster in defense mode. In another turn your swords will be gone and I'll be free to attack." Marik said, knowing that Yami may not even pull Slifer in this next draw.
crossed her fingers and closed her eyes, silently praying that this was it. The draw that would save her friend, and defeat Marik once more. He may have had the strongest God Card, but it could possibly pale in comparison to Slifer.
is exactly what I am planning to do . . . ." Yami started, and closed his eyes as he drew. Then he felt a surge of power and untold energy as he pulled the card. He looked out of the corner of his eye and grinned. "And now, prepare to meet MY Egyptian God card! I sacrifice Cyber Jar, Big Shield Gardna and 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom to summon Slifer the Sky Dragon!" he finished, watching as the large red dragon slithered out of the clouds, almost like a giant red snake.
you got your dragon, big deal. He only has 4000 attack points, still weaker than Ra." Marik said, crossing his arms.
said I was done? I don't only have this monster. Next, I play Fairy's Blessing! And at the cost of only 500 life points, I can summon any fairy from a player's deck. So, I shall choose Buka's Wingweaver! And I can give her a power boost with my Mage Power card." Yami finished, watching as the attack points went up to 5250. Which was more than enough to destroy Ra.
smiled as he played one of her best combos. Now Yami was going to win this, there was no way Ra could touch them now. And if Marik passed, then this duel was over.
well, I pass this turn. Do your worst," Marik said.
intend to, Marik. Now with the Swords of Revealing Light gone, I can now play this. I activate Raigeki and now . . . . Wingweaver, attack of his life points directly!" Yami said, watching as Marik's life points went down to 0. He knew that the Swords of Revealing Light didn't affect him at all. Yami was just thinking strategically since Wingweaver had 5250 attack points, and since Marik was wide open for a direct attack, that was the easiest way to win.
I knew you could do it Koishii!" Buka cried out, and ran up to Yami, hugging him.
smiled softly, and then turned to Marik with a harsh look on his face. This was far from over, he won the duel but they still had to find Ayame. The look in his eyes was unmistakable.
tell us where is Ayame?!" Yami growled, crimson/violet eyes meeting up with lilac.
will be returned to you when I feel like it. However, I always did fancy . . . . flowers. So I would be extra careful when you go home tonight, you never know what can happen." Marik smirked, looking directly at Buka before he turned off.
. . . ." Buka paused and fell to her knees. Now Hana was in danger too. She wondered why Marik would pick on a two year old like that. Hana was as innocent as they came.