Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Face from the Past ❯ Unexpectant Help ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Yami and the others looked up as there was a knock on the door and he went to answer it and was surprised to see Mako standing at the door.
I help you Mako?" Yami asked as he stepped aside to let him in the house.
was wondering if Buka knew where Ayame lived?" Mako said to him. "I wanted to ask her something."
everything okay Yami?" Buka asked as she and the others came into the room. "Hello Mako."

Mako nodded and repeated his request, "I was wondering if you had Ayame's address by any chance?"

Yami glanced over at Buka and nodded. Might as well see if he would like to help on the search for her.
you remember a guy called Marik?" Yami asked Mako.
I do. Why?" Mako asked. "What does this have to do with Ayame?"
we received a note from Marik saying that he has Ayame," Buka answered. "And we're trying to figure out how to find where they're keeping her."
joined them in the kitchen. Meanwhile at the warehouse where Marik had Ayame, he walked in where she was still tied to the chair.

"What do you want with me?" Ayame demanded as he came closer.
didn't say anything but motion for Odion to untie her and took her out of the room and into a bigger room where a duel platform was set up.
are we doing here?" she asked.
want to see just how good you really are," Marik said as he stepped into one. "I overheard that you were one of the three top duelists in Tokyo and wanted to see your dueling style."
asking for it aren't you?" Ayame said as she was forced to the other platform and had chains put on her ankles to keep her from running.
I'll actually be nice enough to let you make the first move," Marik said as she pulled her deck out of her pants pocket.
shrugged and looked at the five cards she held in her hand. "I will activate the field card Umiiruka," Ayame said. "Then I'll place three cards face-down. Then place Behegon in attack mode and also attach two Black Pendants to it, increasing its attack points to 3250 and end my turn."

"I'll activate Mystical Space Typhoon destroying one of your Black Pendants and then activate Dark Hole to destroy your Behegon," Marik said, smirking, knowing that this battle wouldn't last long. "Then I'll place White Magical Hat in attack mode and have it attack your life points directly."
stepped back as her life points went down to 7000. "I'll place one card face-down."

"Then I place one card in defense mode," Marik said.

"That'll activate my trap card Acid Trap Hole, destroying your face-down monster," Ayame said and then she gasped when she saw that it was Cyber Jar.
was sure smart," Marik said. "My Cyber Jar will take all monsters out of play and then I'll play one monster face-down."

"I place Kappa Avenger in attack mode," Ayame said. "And have it attack your face-down monster."

"I then place Takriminos in attack mode," Marik said. "And have it attack your Kappa Avenger, destroying it."
life points slipped down to 6700. She sighed as she drew another card. "I place one card face-down."

"I place one monster in defense mode," Marik said.
activate my trap card Acid Trap Hole, destroying your face-down monster," Ayame said as his monster was destroyed.
attack her life points," Marik said. "Then I'll place two cards face-down."
just about fell as her life points slipped down to 4700. "I place one monster in defense mode," Ayame said, ending her turn.
think that will stop me," Marik said smiling. "I place one monster face-down and then have Takriminos attack your face-down monster."

"I place one card face-down and end my turn," Ayame said.
right," Marik said. "Takriminos attack her life points."
so fast Marik," Ayame said. "I will activate my trap card Widespread Ruin, destroying your Takriminos."

"I will sacrifice my face-down monster to summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn," Marik said.
play one card face-down," Ayame said ending her turn.
will flip my Summoned Skull from his defense position and attack your life points," Marik said.
shifted backwards from the hit and watched her life points drop down even lower to 2200. She picked up another card and frowned. She wasn't getting any monster cards at all and it was frustrating.
place one card face-down and then activate Harpie's Feather Duster to destroy all your Magic and Trap cards," Ayame said, doing the only thing she could think of.
so fast," Marik said. "That will activate my Magic Jammer and stop your Harpie's Feather Duster."

"That ends my turn," Ayame said, shaking her head.
guess I can say that this duel is over," Marik said. "Summoned Skull, attack the rest of her life points."

Ayame couldn't believe she lost. The hit to her life points hit hard. She would have collapsed if she wasn't chained to the platform. She looked up as Marik and Odion climbed up to her.
guess that proves that you're not as good as you thought you was," Marik said to her as Odion unchained her and then turned to him, "Take her back to the room and then I have something for you to deliver to her friends."
was forced back into the same room she had been in and once again tied to the chair. She still couldn't believe she actually lost that duel to Marik. At Yami's, they were still talking in the kitchen when they heard a loud bang against the front door and went out to investigate to find a stone with another note on it.
says if we want to get Ayame back, go to the sixth warehouse down near the docks at midnight," Ayame said as she read the note. "And prepare for the duel of a lifetime once we get there."