Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A glimpse of what's to come... ❯ The rebirth of passion ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Sensei doesn't own YGO of the future, but she owns the fact that she has my author's diploma.
 
Hello again! It's me, Lil-Pipoy! (He's only found on mediaminer) As I'm the story's moderator, it's my job to make sure that this fanfic doesn't go unnoticed, to Sensei gave me this new chapter!! And to answer questions that the reviewers have (on both sites): Older Tea's nickname is `Mistress' because the long version of Mrs. Is mistress. And also, for the other reviewer, to get why I called Elder `Casey', try to say the letters `K' and `C' with no spaces and then say the name `Casey'. Similar, right? And another thing, the older Yugi will now be referred to as `Sir.' Anyway, Enjoy and review if you like!
 
 
 
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
Inside the Motou household, everyone was packed into the living room. Seto, of course, was leaning against the wall trying not to attract attention to himself, but failing horribly because the three girls were busy gossiping about him.
 
“Is he always like that?” Jina asked Joey. He only nodded in reply. Maya glanced at Seto intently. Her attention was called beck when Sir called her to come to his side.
 
“So, what are we going to do about our little situation?” He asked aloud, getting everyone's attention.
 
Then Elder stood up and walked to Seto. “I think you should give it to me.” He said curtly.
 
“What would that be, Father?” Samantha asked. Seto merely nodded and took out the M. Rod and gave it to his older counterpart. Those from the past gawked at the item as if they were caged, starving lions looking at a hunk of raw meat.
 
“Kaiba, where did you get that???” Yugi (Younger one) exclaimed. At that statement, Seto launched into retelling his story to everyone, although it was done reluctantly. When he finished, both Sir and Mistress were deep in thought. “This is getting serious…” the former thought aloud. He then stood up and took the future M. Puzzle from its stand. “Yugi, can you try to call Yami with this Puzzle?” Sir asked. Yugi slowly approached him, his hand slowly reaching for the other puzzle.
 
As soon as he touched it, a blinding flash issued from both Puzzles and filled the room with light. As soon as it dimmed, the puzzle is Sir's hand had vanished. The Puzzle on Yugi's neck however was still there.
 
“Wha' happened?? Joey exclaimed. Then they heard a faint gasp as Maya collapsed on the floor. Mistress rushed to her daughter's side. “Maya, wake up!” She pleaded. Maya didn't respond. Then, a ruby red ball of light formed over her head, and slowly rose to Mistress' eye level. Mistress quickly stepped back as Sir ran in front of her protectively.
 
Don't be afraid…” Said a voice that came from the orb. It was a woman's voice: deep, elegant and seductive.
 
“Who—I mean, what are you??” Sir asked angrily.
 
Yami changed places with Yugi and boldly stepped forward in between Sir and the orb. “Answer me, spirit.” He commanded. “Identify yourself.”
 
Greetings, my Pharaoh. It has been a while since we had a chance to talk.” The voice greeted slyly.
 
“Who are you?” Yami asked sternly.
 
I am merely a different side of you, a side that never revealed itself, until now
 
“Explain yourself, Spirit!” Yami ordered, rage detectable in his tone.
 
To explain myself further, I'll need a host.” The ball said. The ball then sank down to Maya, and with a small glimmer of light, entered her body. Then there was another flash of light, and when it dimmed, Maya had a change in appearance.
 
Her hair was long now, her red-tip black hair reaching the middle of her back and she had 4 long golden-yellow bangs curling around her round face. And her eyes, now a deep dark violet, became more rounded, more elegant and seductive. Around her neck was a thin but wide strip of gold that curved downward and had an engraving of the Millennium Puzzle in the center. And her (Cough) chest literally bulged out rather extremely. In short words, she got a whole lot sexier.
 
“That's better.” Maya said in the same seductive tone that the red orb had.
 
“What did you do with my daughter?!?” Sir asked accusingly, glaring at Maya.
 
“I'm merely doing onto her what Pharaoh has done to you in your youth.” She replied calmly, glancing at the fuming adult.
 
“You mean…” Mistress began, staring at Maya in disbelief.
 
“Yes, but my stay will be short, until my pharaoh has returned to his aibou's proper time.” Maya said, not waiting for Mistress to complete her statement.
 
“Who are you then, woman?!?” Yami asked, enraged.
 
“My family of sorcerers has protected yours for eons. I was assigned by your father to protect you. A bodyguard, so to speak. I am your guardian and your protector…” She took a long breath before continuing. “And I'm also your lover, long ago.” She breathed.
 
Yami stared at her in disbelief. “Lover?!?!” He gasped.
 
Maya nodded. “Yes, unbelievable, but true. I was in love with you from the day I met you. But I was afraid that my family might punish me for falling in love with whom I'm supposed to protect. But then, when they found out, they actually approved of it. And what's more, you loved me as well. I was so happy that you returned my feelings. To seal it all off, your father arranged a wedding on the day of your coronation.” She explained a look of burning passion in her dark amethyst eyes.
 
Yami stepped back at this revelation, taking in shallow, irregular breaths.
 
Maya took no notice and continued. “The day you sealed yourself into the puzzle, I was devastated. I couldn't live without you. So, my family used all of their magic to create this necklace…” She placed a hand on the accessory on her neck. “…and seven others in the same way the Items were created. The ritual took blood, a lot of it. But my family was more than willing to sacrifice their lives to protecting the royal family. And these were called the Guardian Crests. No record of these artifacts was made, and history forgot about them.”
 
“So why do you know so much, while I can't recall?” Yami asked, dreading the answer.
 
“Because, I am the embodiment of all your memories.” Maya said simply.
 
Yami was in shock. This was all too much. “So, does Maya know about you?” He managed to choke out.
 
Maya nodded. “This girl already knew me ever since she started elementary. She was often teased because of all her accessories and her hair colors, that she was often lonely. Then I was there to comfort her. But unlike you, my Pharaoh, I couldn't take astral (A.k.a. the transparent form that Yami takes sometimes) form and I didn't share her mind. I did what I could to comfort her, whispering into her ear, telling her that there is someone watching over her everytime. That she wasn't alone…”
 
Then Mistress spoke up. “You mean it wasn't an imaginary friend she had, it was you??”
 
“No it wasn't. And she even gave me a name, since when I was entrusted with my love's memories, my own was completely obliterated.”
 
“So you're Miya?” Mistress asked.
 
“Yes, that's the name she gave me.” Miya said.
 
Then Yugi had a light bulb flash. “That's `yami' with the syllables interchanged!”
 
Miya giggled. “Yes, I sometimes laugh at her creativity.”
 
Jina stepped forward. “Where's Maya now?”
 
“She's listening right now. I must go, my king. We will meet again. And I hope when we do, you'll remember me…”
 
Then another flash of light appeared. When it dimmed, Maya was back to normal, and blushing at Yami.
 
“I'm sorry I didn't tell you.” She said sheepishly.
 
!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
 
That's all she could think of! I'm sorry, but I think she has writer's block! Review this for her medicine!!!!!!!