Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A glimpse of what's to come... ❯ Girl's night out in the karaoke attic! ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Sensei-master doesn't own YGO or the future. She only owns my fanfic education…
 
Hi there! The_queen_of_anime's/Animaster-Sonja's apprentice here! I've been informed that Sensei Master is having a little breakdown with some writer's block, but it's a minor case, fortunately. Anyway, she was able to create this chapter. Enjoy and sorry for the wait.
 
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
(Motou residence, 8:30 p.m.)
 
Sir was pacing the length of the kitchen floor, engulfed in worry. “Where can they be???” he asked angrily.
 
Mistress patted her husband's shoulder. “There there, Anata. I'm sure they're coming.” She cooed softly.
 
Then, Yugi arrived in the kitchen, with Joey following him.
 
“What're the girls doing in the attic?” Yugi asked curiously. “Ya, dey won' let us in!” Joey complained angrily.
 
“Oh, it's one of their get-togethers. They don't let ANY guy in there…” Mistress explained distractedly.
 
Then, Tea came into the room. “Who won't?” She asked.
 
“Maya and company. Dey won't let us in da attic!” Joey shouted angrily.
 
“You want me to see?” Tea offered as the two teens nodded.
 
Mistress led Tea upstairs and into a ladder leading to a trapdoor on the ceiling.
 
“Don't worry; they just don't let guys in.” Mistress said and walked off.
 
Tea climbed up the ladder and knocked on the door. “May I come in?” She asked.
 
Then, Maya's voice came from the other side. “Mom, is that you?” She asked.
 
“In a sense…” Tea replied.
 
The trapdoor opened and Maya helped Tea up into the attic.
 
The attic was large and in an octagonal shape. Decorating the walls were assorted medals and books. On one wall there hanged and framed paintings of various landscapes. In the middle of the room was a huge violet carpet with 7 beanbags, 6 of which were occupied. A stereo was placed near a purple beanbag, which Tea guessed belonged to Maya.
 
“Why are you up here?” Maya asked.
 
“I just wanted to see why you didn't let Yugi and Joey up here.” Tea replied.
 
“Sorry about that mom - I mean, Tea.” Maya apologized, blushing slightly. “But this attic is an anti-boy zone.”
 
Jina nodded in agreement. “Girls only, ain't that right, Sammy?” She asked Samantha who nodded.
 
“Anyway, what do you do up here?” Tea inquired.
 
“Well, we do whatever we want. But most of the time…we kinda compete in singing.” Brianna explained.
 
“Singing, could you show me?” Tea asked excitedly.
 
The girls looked at each other, and nodded.
 
“The ivory twins first.” Jina said, gesturing to Brianna and Myra, who nodded.
 
The two stood next to each other and Jina pressed `play' on the stereo. The tune of `Omokage' from Shaman King started to play.
 
Brianna started to sing and move to the music while Myra stayed silent and copied her sister's moves.
 
“Kagami ni utsuru yokogao ni
kimi o kasanete
My heart is breaking!
surinuketeyuku kaze no you ni
tsukami kirenai
Why is it you?
(At the side view of the face reflected on the mirror
I place you over it and
My heart is breaking
Like the passing wind
I can't catch it
Why is it you?)
 
Then Myra continues the song.
 
“Todoku koto no nai yubisaki
hitori ni gigi shimeteru
Kawasu koto no nai kotoba o
Yozora no… (Brianna echoes: yozora no…) …hoshi Ni (Hoshi Ni…) nagashi…
(the fingertips that will never reach
I hold them alone
The words that will never be exchanged are
Drifted into the stars of the night sky…)
 
Then they both sing together.
 
“Mou furimukanai
Ah kanashimi sae setsunasa sae
Kimi to umareta akashi
Ah tadayotteiru
Kokoro no kiri no hate
I made up my mind!
(I won't turn back
Ah, even sadness, even loneliness
Is proof that we were born
Ah, the flowing
End of my heart
I made up my mind!)
 
They sing and together as if there was only one person in front of a mirror.
 
“Nani mo iwanai kuchibiru no
Oku de kanjiru
You're my true love! [1]
Kimi no koe o inzandeiru
Kotoba ijou ni
I know enough…”
(the lips that will never say anything
I feel it deep within
You are my true love!
Leaving your voice
More than words
I know enough.)
 
Just then, a buzzer sound rang through the room. Samantha ran to the window and looked down.
 
“Sorry to break up the party, but our parents are here.” She declared sadly.
 
“Aww nuts!” Jina exclaimed.
 
Tea smiled. “It's okay. The performance was amazing!”
 
“Thank you, Tea.” Brianna and Myra said in unison. They then said. “You don't know how weird it is to call a parent by their first name.”
 
“Try standing next to your daughter when you're the same age as her.” Tea retorted, casting a glance at Maya, who giggled.
 
“Jina, this is going to be weird.” Samantha said to her cousin, who nodded solemnly. “Definitely.” She replied.
 
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
 
[1] It's supposed to be `you're my true north' but that didn't make sense. (BTW, don't own shaman king!)
 
That's all. What do you expect from someone with writer's block!?! Review please!