Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Purple Heart ❯ Episode 5 - A Fickle Heart ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Purple Heart
Episode Five - A Fickle Heart


You ignored my heart
Sayin' yours belongs to another
But now that I've found someone
You want to take it back
Don't tear us apart
`cause of your fickle heart

-Heather Davis (the Author)


"How could you do that?! I wanted it!"
"He's not good for you, Yugi!" The Pharaoh slams the bedroom door shut, the walls shaking from the force.
"Like you would know!"
"Of course I know! I'm part of you!"
"Then why are you with Anzu?!" It felt like a poison dagger had plunged into the ancient spirit's chest.
"Yugi..."
"Don't Yugi me! You had no right to interfere!" Red eyes narrow, darkening in anger.
"I cannot sit back and watch you give yourself to someone like that!"
"Like that? Like what? Someone who may actually love me?!"

The knife dug deeper into Yami's body, its dull blade burying itself in his hammering heart.

"I do love you."
"Liar!" The smaller male is yanked closer by his shoulder, those long fingers just may leave a bruise.
"Do NOT call me a liar, Yugi."
"You are a liar! You don't love me! You said so yourself!"

The young teen has never seen Yami so cold.
So angry.

He will definitely have bruises after this. The Spirit has never raised a hand against him, but somehow...he just knows.

Both of those powerful hands clutch him closer now. Close enough that he can feel the heated breath on his face. "I'll prove that I love you."

The kiss hurts.
It's too harsh.

Somehow, Yugi manages to yank himself away. His lips feel bruised and his shoulders ache something awful. Liquid crystal has pooled in his wide violet eyes.

Yami reaches for him, obviously planning to continue, pushing him towards the bed.

CRACK!

The slap echoes in the small room. "How dare you...after you rejected me!" He scrambles out of the room, distantly hearing the doorknob slam into the wall, obscuring the man's cry for him.

I don't want to talk to him!
I don't want to hear him!
I don't want to see him!

The pyramid necklace is quickly discarded, the large object bouncing across then off the couch, landing dully on the carpet. Yami's following footsteps disappear as he is sucked back into the puzzle...his prison.

"Yugi?" Sugoroku nearly drops the bag of groceries in his arms as his grandson flies past him and out the door. "What happened...?"


He can't see where he's running. He can't even mumble a sorry as he runs into people. His tongue feels too thick.

How could you do that to me?

How could you say those words after that night?

How could you...

How could you...

How could you say that after I found someone new?

"I hate you!"