Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ ADULT LIFE ❯ ADULT LIFE: THE GOOD OLD DAYS ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Prolouge: The Good Old Days

Yugi sat on the park bench watching the children run across the swinging bridge thinking of the days when he too was a carefree youth. He remembed the day he first finished the Millenium Puzzle. Fighting bad guys, saving friends from psycos, sharing a body with a 5,000 year old Pharoh was normal for him growing up. Now it seems as his life had come to a stand still. Being 23 and collage student working part time as a trainee vet took a lot out of you. Yugi sighed and stretched his long legs. He had grown alot. Hitting his growth spurt at 15, he had managed to catch up to his friends Joey, Tristen, Tea and Co. It had seemed every girl was hanging on to his sholders. After reaching 5' 10'' it seemed he had instently become popular. At lunch him and his friends sat surrounded by a crowd, mostly female studets mobbed his locker. He was never alone yet he lived in total isolation, that is until he made it home where he could sit and chat happily with long time friends without having to worry about what he looked like or said.

But his favorite thing to do was to talk with Yami, a Pharoh in a past life. Somtimes it seemed Yami knew Yugi better than Yugi knew himself. Yami had become what Yugi thought of as a brother. They would spend the entire day togther during and after school. They knew they could talk about any thing. When Yugi had been asked out by his friend Sandy he told her he needed to think about it, then ran to Yami for advice. He told Yugi to go for it. They both had a great time and He ended up going steady with her for the next 3 years. She moved to Colorado without leaveing a phone #.

Yugi shrugged off the unwanted memories. All in all he had, had a good childhood. He would never forget the day he beat Marik ounce and for all, setting Yami free and giving him his own body.

10 years had past since then. Yugi and friends mantaned a strong connection through all those years and during those years Yugi worked up tough muscle and enough courage to tell Tea how he really felt about her. At the age of 19 they moved in togther.

A chill in the wind sent Yugi to his feet.

[No sense hanging around anyway,] he thought,[Tea's probly worried sick.] And with that cheerful thought he was on his way.