Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Afraid of the Dark ❯ Hostage ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*~ Afraid of the Dark~*

'Thought'

"Spoken"

\ Bakura's voice in his head \

\\ Yami Bakura's voice in Bakura's head \\

~*~*~ Scene Change ~*~*~

/Yugi's voice in his head/

//Yami's voice in Yugi's head//

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

Part 1 - Hostage

The weather today was fairly mild - warm, bright and the gentle zephyr complimented it all perfectly. The four youths were perched in a small, quiet park, relaxing in the refreshing weather, chattering away to each other. Téa and Tristan were sitting upon the vividly coloured roundabout; Joey was leant against the tall swing frame, whilst Yugi and Bakura slowly swung in the wind, perched upon a swing each.

"What are we going to do how?" Téa questioned them all.

"Don't look at me," Joey said.

Yugi shook his head, Tristan shrugged and Bakura seemed off in his own world.

Yet again.

The weather had brought back memories… he could remember a small zephyr, just the same as this one, on the day he found his Millennium Ring… he didn't want to think on any further, or the pain would once again return…

Bakura yelped as Joey lightly hit him on the back, "C'mon, we're goin' to the arcades," he informed.

"Okay…" he said quietly, "but can you refrain from hitting me, please? My…back is sore and it hurts when you do that."

"Oh, soz," came the embarrassed reply.

The other three had already begun walking off, and they were leaving a growing gap between them. Joey was going to run up and catch up with them, until Bakura told him he couldn't. His legs were sore too. So, in the spirit of friendship, he offered to walk along behind them with him.

"So," Joey began, trying to make some conversation, "Why are you sore? You okay?"

Bakura nodded. "I'm sore because-"

He bit his lip as he heard the cold voice in his mind.

\\ You ought to watch what you say, Bakura. \\

Joey felt uncomfortable by the sudden silence. "Because…?"

"…Because…I… slept awkwardly last night, you know how it can get sometimes…" he lowered his eyes to the floor.

\\ That's a good boy, I'm not in the mood to be screwed around. \\

He could see from the corner of his eye the odd look perceiving him, and was thankful his Yami couldn't see it.

He would be punished for not being convincing enough.

'Slept awkwardly? No wonder he's looking at me like that…' but what else could he have done? Told Joey that he was sore because he endured a hell of a beating the previous night?

Both looked up as Yugi dropped back to them.

"What are you guys talking about?" he questioned, blinking his violet eyes.

"Bakura here was tellin' me how he 'slept awkwardly' last night."

'Oh god… please don't notice the sarcasm…'

"Oh…" Yugi looked up at Bakura, "Is that why you've been acting weird?"

'Please… don't do this…'

Joey stopped and crossed him arms. "So, will you now tell us the real reason?"

' Someone please help me…!'

That had done it now.

\\ ………\\

\ …I…I… I'm sorry! I… \

\\ Sorry? … You'll be sorry all right… \\

\ Pl…please… \

\\ Please? Don't spit on me, Bakura! You should leave your pleas for later, you'll need EVERY LAST ONE. \\

\ No…! Pl- \

\\ You dare answer me back, now, huh!? \\

\ No! I… \

\\ You what, Bakura? Come on. Tell me! \\

Yugi and Joey had noticed how Bakura was silent, and how he had began to tremble slightly. It was time for both to be worried.

\\ I'm waiting, Bakura. \\

Yami Bakura's voice always sent chills down his spine these days. It hadn't always been this way; there was a point when he couldn't get enough of it. He had just discovered the truth of the Millennium Ring and was engrossed by it.

That was until he found out first hand just how dark Yami Bakura was.

He terrified him from then on.

\\ Well? Are you just going to wait until I beat it out of you? \\

\… It… was nothing…! I didn't…mean to…! \

Silence.

He felt sick inside. The second he was alone, he was going to feel the mistakes he had made. They were going to turn him black and blue literally,if there was an inch of his concealed flesh that wasn't already.

Sometimes Bakura wished he had more courage. The courage to get rid of the Millennium Ring.

Or to destroy it.

Or to get rid of himself instead.

Anything to escape the dark clutches of his Yami. But he couldn't, because Yami Bakura had threatened him. He had threatened he'd put him through hell a million times over the second he dared to think like that, let alone attempt it.

What he wasn't sure was if it would be any better than what he was being put through now. He didn't have to bravery to find out.

"Bakura…?"

Bakura snapped out of his melancholic thoughts and stared at Yugi and Joey, who were facing him, standing directly in front of him.

"Sorry…"

Joey turned round. "C'mon, those two are way ahead of us! We gotta catch up!"

From there on Bakura decided to push the unpleasantness to the back of his mind and try to enjoy himself.

Too bad time flies when you're having fun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bakura had to crawl along the floor and drag himself into his bed that evening, the tears streaming down his face as he whimpered in agony, wiping away with one hand the blood he had spluttered up in a cough.

After having finally heaved himself upon his bed, with great anguish, he laid upon his side, where it hurt the least, and huddled the cover around him, crying unbearably.

He had to struggle to ignore the physical torment the slightest pressure caused his battered body just enough so he could sleep. He was going to have to wake up early to be able to shower away the blood over him the next morning, as he was barely able to make it three metres across the floor to his bed right now.

As he wept himself to sleep, he could feel the icy glare of Yami Bakura upon him, loving every minute of his pain.

Anything had to be better than this.

He didn't deserve this.

To Be Continued…