Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ After the Rain Has Fallen ❯ After the Rain Has Fallen ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* * *
After the Rain Has Fallen
by Edmondia Dantes

Disclaimer: I don't own them. But don't we all wish I do? Don't we?

AN: Gift-fic! ^_^ Icey's been sick and miserable so Icey gets a get-well present!

* * *

Tumbling. Falling. Drowning or dying or both or neither and it simply didn't matter anymore.

Mewling. Soft pretty voice catching and gasping and purring.

Crying. Uncertain tears shimmering in dark eyes, soft broken whimpers that tasted of longing and hunger and newborn passion.

Yugi.

Sweet and wet and willing. Soft hands scrambled up his spine, dug into his hair, and he purred lowly, content with the trembling heat trapped in his arms.

Taste.

Lick.

Bite.

Silky skin shifted beneath his palms, thick lashes fluttering shut in pleasure, soft lips parting shyly underneath his own. Slippery. Delicious. Addictive.

Behind them, Jounouchi quietly excused himself to vomit.

Anzu had burst into hysterical sobs the moment the mists had parted.

Bakura had buried his face in his hands.

Honda had turned away in repulsion.

He'd been clutching Yugi since the battle had ended, tense and still trembling with adrenaline, still terrified of losing him, still frozen with grief and longing and something... else. Then his wide eyes had fluttered open, and his slim chest had lifted to draw a shaky breath of murky, darkness-infused air, and he'd almost cried with relief at the cautious question that tumbled into his mind.

They had won.

And his Yugi was alive and breathing and soft and vulnerable and shy and so sweet that it had seemed like the most natural thing in the world to crush his slender body up against him and rain kisses over his flushed skin, to nuzzle his lips into the soft curve where sleek leather met sleeker flesh, to bury his face in thick, springy hair, to hold and stroke and cuddle and pet because he was alive, alive and alive and alive.

Across the arena lay only silence.

The consequences of a shadow game were inevitably fatal for he who lost.

They lived.

They triumphed.

Yugi had shivered and turned mournful eyes over to their challenger - but was only given a moment's contemplation, distracted by gentle, foreign touches, unfamiliar heat and spice and soft words breathed into his soul in a language so old he had no knowledge of it, turning an inquisitive gaze into eyes that were at once strange and haunting and familiar as breath itself.

He held his breath as Yugi regained his bearings, slowly melting into his touch, slowly letting himself slide back comfortably within him. /...what?/

Sharp, strange need prickled down his skin, not his own, yet belonging to him just the same. He knew it - had spent countless hours twisted in darkness and weeping for longing - and now he craved its reciprocation. Shush now, don't look, you don't have to see what I've done for you... you don't have to know, you don't have to look, you don't have to judge - you can't hate me for this, can you?

Yugi hadn't replied. Instead, remembered terror had snaked down his spine, sharp and bright and aching, and the ruby-eyed boy had only clung to him tighter when he pulled his dark other tightly against himself, accepting the not-stranger's urgent embrace, unnerved but accepting - and it was gorgeous and perfect and right - Yugi was soft and silk and heat, he was always so cold, somehow...

Hugs melted into squeezes, squeezes into desperate holds, desperate holds into soft petting and soft petting into urgent caresses, and throughout, the soft brushes of skin against skin melted into lips on skin on lips on lips, and the freezing cold was slipping away into nothingness. Slipping into heat - slow and deliberate and warm and bright and passionate and tainted and wild.

Why had it seemed so right to claim that soft mouth as his own?

Yugi's brilliant eyes had glimmered with hunger, then soft hands had framed his face, and then he found himself with ninety pounds of teenage boy pressed tightly against him, and the soft curve of virgin lips pressed with an awkward urgency against his own.

By the time the swirling mists had dissipated, he'd been suckling on rosepetal flesh and Yugi was whimpering in his arms.

He'd never kissed anyone before, but from the soft sounds Yugi kept making, he thought he was probably doing something right. Ra above, but he tasted so good...

Their friends had screeched to a dead halt in their headlong rush to pour congratulations onto Yugi. Onto himself. Onto them. Were they one or two? Did it matter?

...how had he acquired a body of his own anyway?

He didn't know and he didn't care, because Yugi was rubbing quite enticingly against him, and Yugi's tongue was flicking playfully against his own, so he didn't even flinch at the screams.

Neither did Yugi.

The corpse wasn't mangled too badly, at least...

Frantic men in dark suits swarmed everywhere, but he just pulled Yugi upwards, settled him atop the dueling console, and shuddered with barely-suppressed hunger when slim, leather-clad legs wrapped tightly around his waist.

Yugi. Sweet, sweet, delicious perfect beautiful sexy adorable Yugi. He let his fingers slide up beneath his jacket, delve under his shirt, curve and trace and wander over warm skin. Seductively drowsy amethyst eyes turned smoky and bright, shy hands slipping from his neck only to cling onto his chest, tender mouth wet and distracting as Yugi brushed soft kisses against his neck.

So very beautiful.

Yugi made another silken sound, a velvet moan that sent a sharp shock down his spine and his hands racing over alabaster flesh, even as Yugi pushed back against him, catching his mouth with a desperate kiss that tasted of longing and honey and eternity and more.

/I missed you,/ Yugi sighed softly, delicate hands sliding enticingly over leather and buckles and silver, seeking and clutching to hold and to pet.

//I couldn't feel you,// he whispered in soft, agonized reply, pulling the slender form closer still. Who needed breathing room when he had Yugi? Who needed breath?

Slow, quiet regret trickled down their bond like a stifled sob. /I'm sorry./

Sorry? Why be sorry that we've won? Sorry that we found each other? Sorry that we...? No! He pressed against his addictve heat just a little bit harder, nipped at slippery velvet just a little bit rougher, pushed his tongue just a little bit deeper into wet heat and ambrosia. He could get drunk on Yugi - peach brandy and summer and autumn and mist-shrouded mornings and the last star's light. //For what?//

Those delicate hands fisted in his jacket. /I screwed up... I couldn't help you, I couldn't help anyone.../

Ah... so that was it. Such a gentle child... a heart too large for his clumsy hands, how could he know that he wouldn't break him? //No... never that, aibou, never that...//

Frustration tinged the flavor of his kiss, adding a certain hint of spice that he couldn't decide if he liked or not. /Grandpa, Kaiba... and I couldn't even help myself! What good am I?/

They parted gently, breath coming quick and uncertain and ragged, a soft flush highlighting both pale moonlight and dusky gold. Dazed violet met vibrant crimson, and the darkling smiled like a knife, leaning forward to rest his forehead against Yugi's.

//You saved me.// He whispered it like a prayer to an unknown god, or a devotion to a precious lover. Not yet... not yet, when he was so shy and tentative and needy - but soon, it would be soon, it must be soon or he would lose his fragile grasp on sanity and drown in his own despair.

Wonder tickled at his senses, dripping with a tender sweetness soft as desert jasmine. /I did?/

Innocence so pure it nearly blinded him, but who needed to see? He inhaled sun-drenched breezes and light and brilliance, shivered and trembled in his arms, heard him ask a silent question, and he closed his eyes and refused to weep.

//Yes,// he whispered, //You did.//

And Yugi leaned over and kissed him again, slow and uncertain and sweet. /I'm glad,/ he murmured, /I'm so glad that I finally found you.../

He wanted to weep and scream and cry and shriek and smash things and destroy and take and rip and shred and kill and ravage and tear and have and hold...

/I'll take care of us,/ Yugi breathed fervently, a new acolyte at an unholy alter, /I'll help you, I'll let you do what you need to do, I'll make sure nobody bothers us, nobody cares about me anyway, not the way you do.../

His other smiled against his lips, nipping at his tongue with too-sharp teeth, relishing Yugi's soft squirming. Give me you and I'll give you me, and we'll be happy, we'll be perfect, we can be right and powerful and beautiful and together - anything so we can be together.

//I'll protect you,// he swore, clutching perhaps a bit too hard to the light form in his arms, //I'll have you and own you and keep you forever.//

Yugi mewled in equal parts halfhearted protest and slow pleasure, the sound delicate and fragile and intoxicating. /Forever... you know what?/

Yugi licked his lips when they parted for air, thoughts swirling like windstorms and water and rain, and he repressed the urge to shudder and claim him where he sat perched, arms tangled around him and mouth tender and bruised and sweet, breath coming in silken pants, golden bangs tangled and clinging to the smooth curves of his cheeks.

So beautiful.

He rubbed his nose affectionately against Yugi's, stealing a quick kiss when he blinked in surprise. //What?//

Yugi was gorgeous when he blushed like that. He gave him a shy glance from under his lashes - an impressive feat when his thighs were locked around the darkling's hips, and neither had any intention of moving. /I think... I think I like you./

He let a low chuckle tumble past his lips for the first time since... forever. //You know what?// he purred, brushing another kiss against his parted lips.

Yugi's eyes sparkled mischievously, glinting sunlight on precious stones. /What?/

He leaned forward, as if about to impart some great secret, digging his fingers gently into the base of his spine, relishing the soft gasp that slipped past Yugi's swollen lips. //I think I like you too.//

Yugi titled his head back and laughed, the sound sweet and alluring and pure as a summer's dawn.

His other nuzzled gently against him, whispering words he couldn't understand, but slim gold hands fondled down his skin in a way that he could.

Buried treasure or a forgotten secret?

Who would ever know?

Anzu turned away from them, tears shining in her eyes. Their friends just ducked their heads and looked away.

Across the arena, a solemn-eyed man settled a white sheet across the body of what had once been a young man named Pegasus J. Crawford.

* * *

AN: Icey, hope ya liked it! ^_^

Back to Fanfic
Back Home