Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Always A Friend, Always A Guardian ❯ The Temple of Doom ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Recap: Crazy weather and zombies have been in the city. Yugioh was more than able to help Yugi in each of the situaitions that came their way. The new foe was revealed as the evil sorcerer.
/ is Yugi mental talk
// is Yugioh mental talk
' is thoughts
(I based this chapter on the chapters of other stories I wrote. I'll tell you what the stories are at the end.)



Chapter 11: The Temple of Doom

"What do you want?" Yugioh forcefully asked.
"Is this how you greet a guest?" the evil sorcerer asked.
"What do you want?" Yugioh asked.
"Fine, be that way. I've been watching you Pharaoh. You were better off being evil," the evil sorcerer said.
"True, I was evil in the past. But I've realized the error of my ways. You or no one will ever be able to get me to be evil again," Yugioh said.
"Let's see how much longer you can keep your little friend safe," the evil sorcerer said. He disappeared.
Yugi went to the other side of the bed. "What was that all about?" he asked. He was suddenly pulled upward. He couldn't grab hold of anything as he was pulled up quickly.
Yugioh looked up to see a portal of some kind. 'It's a vortex,' he thought.
In mere seconds, Yugi was pulled in the vortex. Yugioh flew in before the vortex closed. The vortex ended three hundred feet in the air. Yugi fell through. Yugioh flew down and caught him.
"Are you all right?" Yugioh asked.
"Yes, thanks to you," Yugi responded. "Where are we?" he added.
"I don't know. I have never seen a place like this," Yugioh responded. I have never sensed such evil coming from this place," he added. He landed and placed Yugi down.
"Welcome to the Temple of Doom," the evil sorcerer said. "Where the young one is sure to meet his doom."
"Not as long as I'm here," Yugioh said.
Then Yugi got sleepy again. Yugioh created a sleeping bag for Yugi so Yugi wouldn't have to sleep on the hard floor. Yugi got in the sleeping bag and slept. Yugioh awakened him in the morning. Yugioh used his powers to clean Yugi's body as well as change him into his usual uniform, and they started walking.
They walked 150 feet before Yugioh stopped and held his arm in front of Yugi. Yugi wasn't prepared for the sudden stop and bumped into Yugioh's back instead of the arm.
"Why did we stop?" Yugi asked.
"Get down!" was the answer as Yugioh pushed himself into Yugi, ending up on top of him in the process. A few moments later, he got up and helped Yugi up.
"What is it?" Yugi asked.
Yugioh picked Yugi up and flew off. "A heat-seeking missile is after us," he responded.
"I think it's only after me," Yugi said.
"You're right, but it won't get you," Yugioh said.
The missile followed Yugioh like a hawk on its prey. Yugioh made all kinds of turns; however, the missile still followed.
'I've had enough of this,' Yugioh thought. //Hold on Yugi. I'm going to try something//
Yugioh flew straight down. Yugi was very nervous, but he trusted Yugioh deeply. Yugioh pulled up before he hit the ground. The missile was going too fast to change course, and it blew up on the ground. Yugioh landed and placed Yugi down.
"I hope you're not shaken up," Yugioh said.
"A little, but I'm okay," Yugi said. He felt something under his foot and picked it up. He picked up a piece of wood. "May I have a feather from your wing?" he added.
"Sure," Yugioh responded as he plucked a feather from his wing, and another feather replaced the plucked feather. He gave the feather to Yugi.
Yugi wrapped the feather around the top of the wood. "Can you light this please?" Yugi asked.
"Sure. Hold it up and keep your head down," Yugioh responded.
Yugi did as he was told, and Yugioh lit the feather with his fire breath. Then Yugioh lifted it out of Yugi's hands and put a spell on it. He let it go, but it didn't fall. It levitated in the air.
"The torch will lead the way. All we have to do is follow it. Keep an eye on it though. It will stop if an obstacle is in our way," Yugioh said.
The torch led on with Yugi and Yugioh following. One hundred feet later, the torch stopped. Yugi didn't notice it and kept walking. Yugioh saw that Yugi was about to walk off a cliff. Yugi felt a breeze as something went past him.
"Yugi!" Yugioh shouted as he flew into Yugi, pushing him back to end up on top of him. Yugioh then got off of Yugi.
Yugi got up and asked, "What did you do that for?"
"Look down and see," Yugioh responded.
Yugi looked down and saw that he was about to walk off a cliff. He panicked and would've gone over anyway if Yugioh didn't grab his shoulders and pull him back.
"Thanks. I would've gone over the cliff if it wasn't for you," Yugi said.
"No problem Yugi, but keep an eye on the torch next time," Yugioh said. He picked up Yugi and flew across the cliff.
The cliff was one mile across. When all the way across, Yugioh landed and put Yugi down. They continued walking. Suddenly, a trap door opened from underneath them, and they slid down a tube. The end of the tube sent them airborne. Yugioh flew up and scooped up Yugi. He then landed and placed Yugi down.
A voice said, "This is the Maze of Doom. There is only one way out of this maze. The path is a long one so expect many traps. There will be too many for you to count."
"Don't stray from me Yugi unless I tell you otherwise. Anything can jump out at any time," Yugioh said.
"I won't," Yugi said. "Was that the evil sorcerer's voice?" he added.
"Yes it was," Yugioh responded.
They started walking. Seconds later, they confronted a winged fire-breathing dragon. The dragon breathed fire at them. Yugioh countered the attack with his fired by shooting it from his hands. The dragon took to the air and breathed fire again. Yugioh got in front of Yugi and took the fire himself.
"Stay here Yugi. I'll take care of the dragon," Yugioh said. He took to the air.
It was an all-out fire fight. Yugioh quickly gained the upper hand, forcing the dragon to take more defensive measures. The dragon got an idea. It attacked a few times. On the defensive side, it got closer to Yugi. A few minutes later, it flew down and grabbed Yugi.
Yugi and Yugioh were not ready for that move. The dragon flew higher.
"Oh no you don't!" Yugioh shouted as he flew after the dragon. He flew fast and blocked the dragon's route.
The dragon turned and flew another way. Yugioh was way ahead of it and blocked it off again. The dragon tried to get ahead a few more times, only for the same result happening. It was really desperate to get away. It dropped Yugi and flew off. Yugioh dove and caught Yugi. Then he landed and placed Yugi down.
"Are you all right?" Yugioh asked.
"I am now," Yugi responded.
They walked on. Soon they heard three women talking.
"Yugi, be very quiet. Maybe we can sneak past them," Yugioh softly said.
Yugi agreed, and they walked quietly. It was in vain however, because one of the women saw them out of the corner of her eye.
"Well, we have visitors. Don't they look amazing Agatha?" she said.
"They look amazing indeed Maggie. What about you Juanita?" Agatha said.
"I'm with you my sisters," Juanita said.
Yugi and Yugioh noticed that they were stirring something in a big black pot.
"Get ready to run Yugi. I don't like how they're talking about us," Yugioh softly said to Yugi.
"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Maggie asked.
"Not your dinner! Yugi, run!," Yugioh shouted.
Yugi ran, and the three women chased him. Agatha grabbed him and flew high above the maze. He saw her on a broom.
"You're a witch aren't you?" Yugi asked fearfully.
"Yes I am," she responded.
"Let him go!" A deep voice shouted.
Agatha turned to see Yugioh. She cast a spell. The spell had no affect on him. Out of sheer fright, she began casting whatever spell you can think of. The spells had no affect on him.
"You might as well stop trying. You're just wasting your energy. Your powers will not affect me, but mine can affect you," Yugioh said. He fired an energy beam at Agatha.
The energy beam weakened her, and she dropped Yugi. Yugioh flew down and caught Yugi.
"Maggie, Juanita, get them!" Agatha shouted.
Maggie and Juanita headed straight for them. Yugi was very scared. Yugioh sensed his fear.
//Don't be afraid Yugi. I'm with you. I'll protect you at whatever cost// Yugioh transported Yugi to his back. //Now hold on. I'm going to blow these witches away//
Yugi did as told. Yugioh used the element of wind through his wings. Maggie was blown into Juanita, who were blown into Agatha. The three of them fell to the ground. Yugioh landed and put a force field over them as a way of imprisonment. Yugi got off Yugioh's back, and they continued walking. They noticed that they were farther into the maze than when the witches attacked. When they reached the halfway point, they stepped into a tar pit. At the same time, a tar creature arose from the pit.
The creature grabbed Yugi. Its hand was so large, that Yugi was completely in it. Yugioh flew out of the tar pit at a rapid speed. The creature reached for him; however he was already too high for it. It threw balls of tar at him. He surrounded himself in fire. As each ball came for him, it dissolved in his fire. He flew for the creature's arm. It tried to move Yugi out of the way, but Yugioh came at it too fast. Yugioh burned through the arm as he flew by. Quenching his fire, he dove and caught Yugi. Yugi was covered in tar and unconscious.
Yugioh used the element of water to wash the tar off Yugi. In the process, Yugi regained consciousness and sputtered out water.
"Are you all right?" Yugioh asked.
"I am now thanks to you," Yugi responded.
"I've had enough of this," Yugioh said. He took his arm from under Yugi's knees and held Yugi's body to his chest. "Keep your head down. I'm going to barrel through the ceiling." He flew up at a good speed and smashed through the ceiling. He landed away from the hole and put Yugi down.
They were in the temple area again. They continued walking. Yugioh stopped an hour and a half later. Yugi noticed and stopped as well.
"What is it?" Yugi asked.
Yugioh suddenly picked up Yugi and flew up.
"What is it?" Yugi asked again.
"Look down and you'll find out," Yugioh responded.
Yugi looked down and saw a bull where they were standing only seconds ago. The bull breathed fire, and Yugioh flew out of the way. He landed and put Yugi down.
"I'll attack from the air. Stay away from it," Yugioh said. He flew up.
The bull went straight for Yugi. Yugi ran, only to be blocked off by a wall. The bull had him cornered. It breathed fire at him. Suddenly, another fire blocked the bull's fire. Yugi looked up to see Yugioh breathing fire, forcing the bull's fire to the ground.
The bull breathed fire at Yugioh. Yugioh just took it without anything happening and couterattacked. The bull countered, and Yugioh landed. He slowly approached the bull. The bull breathed fire in the form of a wall. Thinking that Yugioh couldn't get through, the bull turned toward Yugi and prepared to attack.
"Not so fast!" a deep voice shouted.
Yugi and the bull looked in the voice's direction to see Yugioh walking through the wall. The bull was surprised to see that again, Yugioh wasn't burned. It turned to Yugi and prepared to fire. Yugioh flew by and scooped Yugi up. Then Yugioh turned and flew over the firewall.
Yugioh looked for a place to put Yugi. The Great Spirit created a ledge, and Yugioh placed Yugi on it. Then Yugioh prepared to fight the bull. The bull breathed fire at Yugi. Yugioh got in front of Yugi and absorbed the bull's fire. His body turned into fire, and he flew at the bull. The bull was burned to nothing as Yugioh flew past.
Afterwards, Yugioh became a solid being again. He landed on the ledge adn picked up Yugi. He flew down to the ground and put Yugi down. They continued walking. Half an hour later, they came to a mountain.
The voice of the evil sorcerer said, "Welcome to Doom Mountain. There are many dangers lurking within this mountain. You didn't experience all the dangers of the maze, but you won't be so lucky this time. You have to make it all the way to the top."
Yugioh knew that there was no way that Yugi could climb that high. "Grab onto my neck Yugi. I'll climb for you," Yugioh said with his back facing Yugi.
Yugi grabbed on, and Yugioh started climbing. Yugi was very grateful for not having to climb the mountain. About 1/3 of the way up, a boulder on a really thick chain swung their way. Yugioh put a spell over Yugi.
"Yugi, stay still. I used my powers to make you transparent to the boulder. I can become transparent at will," Yugioh said.
Yugi stayed perfectly still as Yugioh continued climbing. The boulder continued to swing, but it swung through them. Suddenly, harpies (A/N: Not Harpie Lady, the harpies from Greek Mythology) flew their way. Yugi moved a little; unfortunately, that little movement was enough for Yugioh to accidentally take the spell off. Yugioh looked in Yugi's direction, not aware that the spell was no longer on Yugi. One of the harpies grabbed Yugi off of Yugioh's back.
"Help me!" Yugi cried.
"I'm coming!" Yugioh shouted.
The boulder hit Yugioh, but it smashed to dust on impact. Yugioh flew off after the harpies. The harpies saw him and made a circle around the one holding Yugi.
'That circle is not going to protect you,' Yugioh thought. His arms became vines. He lashed them out over the circle of harpies and to the one holding Yugi.
The harpy was terrified and dropped Yugi. Yugioh caught Yugi in his vine arms and brought Yugi back to him. When Yugi was against Yugioh' chest, Yugioh's arms became normal again. The harpies flew away in terror.
"Are you all right?" Yugioh asked.
"Yes," Yugi responded. "Are you half plant? And are you made of fire?" he added.
"I'll explain everything soon," Yugioh replied.
They suddenly heard a rumbling sound. It was coming from below them. They looked down to find out that the mountain was smoking. Then it erupted. The lava shot up toward them. Yugi was terrified.
"Don't worry Yugi. It will be all right," Yugioh said. He then blew out all the lava in one breath. He was using the element of wind again. He landed on top of the now cooled rock covered mountain, only for it to suddenly disappear.
They fell, but not for long because Yugioh spread his wings and flew. He landed on the ground. He saw daylight ahead and ran to and out the exit. It was just a simple run. Suddenly, Yugi and Yugioh heard a cracking sound from behind. Yugi looked back to see the ground crystallizing.
"The ground is crystallizing behind us!" Yugi cried.
If that wasn't bad enough, Yugioh saw that the ground crystallizing ahead of them. "It's coming from both sides," he said. He spread his wings and jumped into the air. He flew about two hundred feet above the crystallized ground.
'You're not getting away that easily. You passed up most of the traps in the mountain as well as the maze,' the evil sorcerer thought.
Suddenly, crystal spikes started rising at an alarming speed. Yugioh let go of Yugi's legs, holding him close to his body. Yugioh maneuvered around the spikes like a pro. He did a combo of turns and spins. A few hours later, they were out of the crystallized area. The Great Spirit transported them back to their room of the Turtle Games Shop. Yugioh landed and put Yugi down.
"Are you all right?" Yugioh asked.
"I am thanks to you," Yugi responded. "But how could you become plant like? How did you become fire,and how could you blow out all that lava in just one breath?" he added.
"I will explain soon. Now is not the time," Yugioh responded.




Whew! Another chapter. Preview for Chapter 12: Under the Sea, Up in Space: Yugioh takes Yugi to the beach for some underwater fun. The fun doesn't last as the evil sorcerer is up to his old tricks as usual. After the sea, Yugioh takes Yugi into space, where they have the fun they want with no interruptions.
(Oh, and the stories I was talking about are An Adventurous Life and Alone in the Pridelands. I know that you haven't heard about them because I haven't posted them. Well, Chapter 12 is going to be the final chapter of this story.
Toodles,
Charmeleon