Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Destinies ❯ Prologue: Pharaoh`s Captive ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ancient Destinies

Prologue: Pharaoh`s Captive

~*~

Snow: Here`s another one of my fics! This time it`s a You/Yami one! ^_^ Don`t worry this is just the prologue, the whole thing ain`t set in Ancient Egypt.

Disclaimer: I don`t own YuGiOh!

Snow: NOW! On with the ficcie!! *dun dada duuun*

~*~

"Pharaoh Yami, we have gotten the princess of Babylon as you ordered." Pharaoh Yami`s servant, Hagashi said as he threw a young maiden to the ground. She sprawled on the hard stone ground in front of the mighty pharaoh.

The young Babylonian stared up at Yami hatefully. Her eyes were an intense brown and she had long wavy golden hair that came to her knees. She wore a simple cream colored robe that was tied around the waist with a golden chain. Around her wrists she wore two identical golden bracelets.

"What is your name?" Pharaoh Yami`s voice softly demanded.

"Chisara." She said bluntly as she picked herself up. "Why did you bring me here?"

"I heard your kingdom was planning to declare war on Egypt." Yami stated, rising from his golden throne. "What do you have to say about this?"

"I`m not telling you anything!" Chisara boldly announced as she turned and made her way to the door.

"Stop right there!" Two guards blocked her path with their spears. Chisara gasped.

"Get out of the way." She growled.

"We can`t do that." One of the guards said, glaring at her. "You must tell us the secrets of the Babylonian army."

"I can not and I absolutely will NOT commit treason against my own country!" Chisara yelled as she began to push past the guards, but was stopped abruptly by a tall man wearing a purple robe and hat. He had brown hair and ice cold blue eyes.

"Pharaoh, if she refuses to talk let her work for me." The man said as he approached Chisara and put a hand on her shoulder. "You`re not going to let her go, are you? That wouldn`t be very wise."

"Fine Priest Seth, do what you want with her." Yami said, sitting back down.

~*~

Later that night Priest Seth and one of his servants, Atem, were talking. Unfortunately for them, Yami overheard.

"Pharaoh Yami is a fool!" Priest Seth exclaimed in a hearty chuckle. "What he doesn`t know is that girl is pure of heart. And I need a girl like that…" He trailed off.

"Yes, we shall revive Priestess Aishizu with her soul." Atem smirked. "We just need to restrict her on a stone tablet and then we kill her with the Sennen Rod and let the pure blood run and soak the feet of Anubis. That is how the soul of another can be brought back from death."

"Her blood is the purest of the pure, I can tell." Seth stated, stroking his chin. "She is so pretty though, too bad she has to die." He cackled evilly.

Upon hearing this Yami gasped silently. `I have to get Chisara away from here!' He darted off into the night, towards Seth`s house.

~*~

Chisara sat on her new bed, sobbing with her head in her hands. "Why did this happen to me? I just want to go home." She clutched the white linen sheets tightly. Her tears dropped silently to the ground.

"Chisara?"

The golden haired maiden jumped slightly at the smooth resonating sound. "Who`s there?!" She demanded, wiping her tears and rising to her feet.

"It`s Yami." And it was true, it was the Pharaoh. He moved closer to her, kindness was in his eyes instead of that usual intense gaze.

"What do you want?" She walked closer, tears filling her eyes once again. Her sandaled feet pattered on the dirt floor.

"I`m hear to get you out of here. Priest Seth is planning to kill you." Yami said as he grabbed her hand. "Come with me."

"Are you sure you`re going to get me out of here? Or are your forces going to kidnap me once again?"

"I promise I`m going to get you out of here." Yami smiled faintly. "I`m really not a cold hearted person."

"Thank you." Chisara said sincerely with tears still in her eyes. Yami wiped them away with his thumb.

"Now, now, no time for tears on that pretty face of yours." The Pharaoh smiled warmly as he led Chisara to the door.

Opening the door, he gasped at the sight of none other than Priest Seth and Atem. "I had a feeling you`d be here, Pharaoh."

"Leave Chisara alone." Yami said defiantly as he stepped in front of the Babylonian.

"Step aside, Pharaoh." Atem said calmly.

Yami didn`t budge.

"He said STEP ASIDE!" Priest Seth held out a hand and a blast of wind blew back Yami to the wall.

Atem punched Chisara in the stomach, knocking her out. She fell forward into his arms and he carried her out of the room and into the Egyptian night.

"Chisara!!" Yami yelled as he watched helplessly, he got up and limped around. He sprained an ankle.

~*~

Seth and Atem had arrived at the statue of Anubis, a stone tablet was planted firmly in the ground and Atem laid the unconscious maiden on it while Seth said a chant. When he finished the chant Anubis` eyes glowed red.

"Mmmm." Chisara groaned as she opened her weak eyes, they focused on the young priest and his servant beside a stone tablet that she was laying on. She would`ve escaped, but her hands and feet were chained to the stone.

"Priest Seth, the girl is awake." Atem infirmed his master as he turned around.

"Now the ceremony shall begin." Seth smirked wickedly as he made his way towards the maiden. He stood over her and stared down into her innocent brown orbs. "You`re pure. You haven`t yet been stained. That is why I need to kill you, for the resurrection of my wife."

"W-wife?" Chisara questioned, her gaze growing more intense.

"Priestess Aishizu." Priest Seth said sadly. "She died of the plague that raged our city a few days ago. She has not yet been sent to the afterlife because I have her body."

Chisara turned around and to her shock, a body was placed beside her on another stone tablet. She gasped. The woman was beautiful, she had long raven black hair, her skin was tanned a light brown and she wore a white robe that had black trim around the collar, sleeves, and pants. Around her neck she wore a golden necklace with an Egyptian eye on it. A green jewel was strung around her forehead.

"Now the ceremony begins." Seth smirked again and started chanting some other spell.

Suddenly, Chisara`s body couldn`t move. `That spell was a paralyzing one!' She thought as she tried to move, but couldn`t.

Then Priest Seth brought out a golden scepter looking thing. It had the same eye on it as the necklace did. He slid off the bottom part of it to reveal a dagger. Chisara`s eyes widened.

"Surprised, eh?" Seth said sadistically. Without warning, he plunged the dagger into Chisara`s chest. Her crimson blood stained the pure white fabric of her robe.

She coughed several times, spitting up blood. Then she felt the haze of death settling around her. Her eyes closed as she saw the image of the Pharaoh racing towards them on his chariot.

"Seth!" He yelled as he approached the priest.

"You`re too late Pharaoh." Seth spat vilely. He moved so Yami could see. There was the body of Chisara. "You should see your reaction, it`s quite pathetic." He laughed.

Yami felt extreme sadness. Clenching his fists he proclaimed, "Seth you are sentenced to death for murder!" Yami drove his chariot towards Seth, but was stopped by a force field.

"Just try, Pharaoh." He smirked and began a chant. Chisara`s blood flowed down the tablet where she was lying and drenched the feet of the statue of Anubis. Anubis` red eyes glowed brighter as they shone on the body of Priestess Aishizu.

"That`s it." Seth smiled.

The priestess`s eyes opened they were a deep blue like the ocean. She got up wearily and walked gingerly to Seth. "S-Seth? Can it be that I am among the living?" She asked uncertain.

"Yes, my love, you are." Seth wrapped his strong arm around Aishizu`s waist and kissed her passionately.

When they parted Aishizu glanced at Chisara`s body. "You had to take the life of another to revive me."

"Yes, I would do anything for you."

"Then reverse it."

"What?!" Seth shockingly stated.

"I am honored that you would do anything for me, but I would rather go back to the afterlife." Aishizu said. "I feel wrong here."

"It can not be reversed. You are here until you die again."

"Fine, but what shall you do with the Pharaoh and this girl?"

"I`ll leave their bodies in the desert, and then I will become Pharaoh." Seth looked at Atem. "Do away with the Pharaoh. When you`re finished, dump Chisara`s body by his, so they may rot in eternity. No one shall ever know of this, got it Atem?"

"Yes master." Atem bowed. He dissipated the force field and made his way over to Yami, who was bending over and panting from his attempts to save Chisara.

Atem took out a sword and plunged it into Yami`s hunched back. "Gah!" Yami exclaimed as he fell to the ground in a puddle of his blood. Atem then went swiftly back to the stone tablet and carried Chisara and laid her limp form by Yami.

"Ch-Chisara…" Yami spoke weakly. "It was…my…fault…that you were…killed tonight…" He brushed back the tendrils of golden hair from Chisara`s face and held her cheek in his hand.

"I-I`m so…sorry." And with that Yami closed his eyes and never opened them again.

~*~

Snow: This is only the prologue and it`s kinda sorta sad! *sniffles*

Yami: You idiot! I died! Of course it`s sad!!

Snow: Be quiet! So did Chisara!!

Yami: Oh yeah…

Snow: Uhhh, the readers will come into the story in the first chapter because this is only the prologue! ^_^ So Please R&R I BEG OF YOU!!!

Yami: Oh Lord…*rolls eyes*

~*~