Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Battle City, A New Journey ❯ Battle City C2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Battle City, a New Journey

Chapter 2

By: Locke Watcher

Disclaimer: I only own the plot and myself; the rest belongs to whomever it belongs to.
--------------------------------------------

Locke: I just skip what I had intended for this area, I doubt that anyone here wants to read me arguing with my muses. And here is a brief bio for the four people that I will have in here for sure, the rest of you that e- mailed me or reviewed; just wait. As for these four, I have them all on one team/side for some reason.

Locke (myself)
Age: 22 (nearly 23)
Deck style: Preventive, Beat Down, Spellcaster and Fiend

Sana (from Sana, a reviewer, whom I have been talking to ever since I started this fiction.)
Age: 15 (nearly 16)
Deck style: Restorative, Annoyance, Toon

Seigfried Reinhardt (from an e-mailer called Mario)
Age: 18
Deck style: Blitz, Beat Down, Anything Useful

SandsO (Fellow author and Digi-fantic)
Age: 20 (I think)
Deck style: ???No Clue (and I am the one making that Deck)???, Beat Down, Ritual
---------------------------------------------

Battle City had begun. Locke and his friend, SandsO, started their hunt for Yugi (not Yami Yugi) and Joey once the clock struck the starting time. Locke and his friends knew that in order to win, they would have to face off and beat the best duelists that are competing.
The four friends meet before the Tournament to discuss what strategies they should use. They all agreed to team up in teams of 2 each and hunt down the best. Sieg and Sana had never double-teamed with each other, so they left to hunt down the weak team of Tristan and Tea; with Locke and Sands hunting Yugi and Joey.
As Locke and Sands hunted, they figured out that Battle City is a large place, even though they knew that their prey is in the residential district of Domino. After three hours without a single duel, the two started to look for easier and faster prey, but Lady Luck decided to help those two as they found Yugi and Joey trading cards with some common duelist rabble. As is, both members of the team wanted to break loose and duel the two separate, but common sense prevailed as Locke and Sands walked towards their prey. They issued their challenge to Yugi and Joey, and they accepted.

(LP in order of who duels first to last) Joey: 4000 Sands: 4000 Yugi: 4000 Locke: 4000

"Okay, I'll start this duel by summoning Baby Dragon (1200:900) in Attack mode. Next I play one card facedown. That will end by turn."
"I'll play Gamma the Magnet Warrior (1500:1800) in Defense mode, next I play Oozai on Joey's LP."

Joey: 3200

"That ends my turn."
"My move. I summon Beta the Magnet Warrior (1700:1600) in Attack mode and place two cards facedown. My turn is over."
'So, the odds favor Yugi and Joey in this early stage of this duel, in terms of cards on the field. And one look at my hand, even with my sixth card, I have nothing promising. If I had a useful card in my hand, I could destroy that Baby Dragon and take out most of Joey's LP, but as is.' "I set two cards facedown and summon one monster facedown. Your move, blonde ditz."
"HEY! I AM NOT A DITZ!"
"I some how doubt that, weakling."
"THAT DOES IT! I PLAY DRAGON KEEPER (1700:1500) IN ATTACK MODE AND SWITCH BABY DRAGON TO ATTACK MODE! NOW, MY KEEPER, ATTACK LOCKE'S FACEDOWN CARD!" The attack revealed a Mystical Elf (800:2000).

Joey: 3000

"What a weak attack, your screams were more powerful then that monster." At this Sands laughs.
"HEY, you some? COME GET SOME!" Locke just yawns as Sands laughs harder. "HEY, YOUR MOVE CACKLER!"
Once Sands recovers, "I did not cackle, if I did Locke would have rolled his eyes and side-stepped away from me. He did neither, so I did not cackle."
"How could you tell that he did not roll his eyes? You were bent over!"
"Before this logic argument degrades to fisticuffs, Sands, make your move."
"Okay, but I did not cackle! I summon in Attack mode, Neo the Magic Swordsman (1700:1000). And I attack Joey'sBaby Dragon with Neo."

Joey: 2500

"Hee, I was hoping that one of you would destroy one of my monsters, now I can play Michizure. This Trap allows me to destroy one monster, once one of mine has been destroyed, and I target Locke's Mystical Elf!"
"I wonder what you could hope to attain by the death of just one of my monster? Do you think that that would allow Yugi to make a critical strike against me, or that I would not draw a good monster on my turn? What is goning through that pathetic head of yours?" Joey growls as a blood veins seem to pop out.
Sands just shakes his head as he thinks, 'I thought that the job of eradicating Joey from this Tournament was my job! All Locke is doing is psych warfare and he is doing the same job as me. I'd open my mouth to taunt Joey, but that might screw all of us up, after all; Sana and Kaiba trained Locke in verbal warfare. ' "I end my turn."

(AN: Okay, to simplify the remainder of this chapter, I am switching formats. And I would prefer to hear which format of writing is easier to read for this series, via a review or e-mail.)

Yugi: My turn. I sacrifice Beta, to summon this: Summoned Skull (2500:1200) in Attack. Now my Skull, attack Locke's LP directly!

Locke: I activate the Trap card, Magic Cylinder! This Trap redirects your attack, and I direct it towards your LP, Yugi!

Yugi: 1500 LP

Yugi: Damn it.

Locke: (imitating Pegasus) Tsk, tsk! What strong language you used there, Yugi-boy. It almost did not suit you, seeing as you're a what, 17 to 20- year-old midget that has retained the look of youthful innocence.

Yugi: My age is none of your concern, baka!

Locke: (still imitating the master of Toons and Cards) By which definition to you use the word 'baka?' Do you mean 'Idiot,' which is clearly not I? Or do you mean 'Jerk,' which fits me like a hand in glove. Of course you do know that I am related to the person that I am imitating correct, if not than you have been poorly informed about me. So, who wants to hear what my good old Uncle Toon Master has been up to?

Yugi, Joey, and Sands scream loud enough to be heard on the other side of Battle City. Sana looks up and says.

Sana: OK, I did not think that that joke about the rabbit and the cat was THAT bad.

Switch back to the current duel, and you see that Locke has his hands covering his ears in a vain attempted to block out the noise. Mean while entire library closes its windows, just as the screams die down.

Locke: Well, I never...

Yugi and Joey: ENOUGH! Stop that far to realistic imitation of that BAKA! And make your move!

Locke: (What do you think) If you insist. I summon Skilled Dark Magician (1900:1700) in Attack mode. Next I play Monster Reborn to bring back Beta the Magnet Warrior (1700:1600) in Attack mode. Next I play Book of Secret Arts on SDM (2200:2000). Now with two spell counters on SDM, I now summon from my Deck a Dark Magician (2500:2100). Next I activate my facedown card, Fissure to destroy the lowest Attack point monster on Yugi's field, which is none other then the Summoned Skull! Now my Dark Magician, attack Yugi's LP directly and SDM and Beta attack Joey's Dragon Keeper and LP.

Yugi: 0000
Joey: 300

Joey: NO YUG! This cannot be! No one defeats Yugi! No one!

Sands: You have bigger problems that just a defeated Yugi. You have to deal with your 300 remaining LP. Make your move; I dare ya!

Joey's thoughts: Make my move? What move? All I have is a Polymerization, a Dragon Sphere, Sword of the Deep Seated, and a Sword of Bhaal, in my hand and a Call of the Haunted. WAIT A MINUTE! That's IT! Dragon Sphere and Dragon Keeper can fuse together to form Dragon Guardian (3100:2200), then I can equip it with Sword of Bhaal to change it into Guardian of Dragon's Grave (3900:2900), and Sword of the Deep Seated can add 500 points to each stat (4400:3400). That is more then enough firepower to win this duel, plus for each End Phase that Dragon Sphere is in my Graveyard, I gain 1000 LP! Time to destroy that Neo the Magic Swordsman and Sands!

Joey: First off, I activate Call of the Haunted to bring back Dragon Keeper. Then I play Polymerization to fuse Dragon Keeper and Dragon Sphere together to form, Dragon Guardian. Next I play Sword of Bhaal to transform my first Guardian into Guardian of Dragon's Grave. Now I play Sword of the Deep Seated to increase my monster's strength! NOW MY GUARDIAN, ATTACK NEO THE MAGIC SWORDSMAN!

Sands: 1300
Joey: 1300

Sands' thoughts: HOLY $HT! THAT IS ONE HLL OF A MONSTER! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THAT!

Locke: (stopped imitating Pegasus) Sands, draw your card then think of how you are suppose to beat that.... that.... that.... really BIG and POWERFUL NON- special effect monster.

Sands' thoughts: What is he talking about! IT IS AN EFFECT MONS............ Oh, he means that other then the summoning method, there is nothing special about this creature: besides the massive stats. Okay, so what did I draw? Black Luster Ritual? What good will this card do me against that thing? Stares at Guardian of Dragon's Grave for three mintues, which annoys Locke. Okay, I have got to think! I have in my handBLR, Black Luster Soldier, Change of Heart, Giant Soldier of Stone, and Legendary Sword. What just a minute! GDG is a 12 starred monster! And Black Luster Soldier needs 8 stars!

Sands: I play Change of Heart to take control of GDG!

Joey: WHAT! Joey's mouth drops as Locke smirks, knowing that both of them lived up to their ends of the deal.

Sands: Next I play Black Luster Ritual to sacrifice DGD, now I summon Black Luster Soldier (3000:2500)! Now my Soldier, ATTACK!

Joey: 0000
Sands: 1300
Yugi: 0000
Locke: 4000

As the duel ends, Locke takes Yugi's locator card and one of Yugi's Magnet Warriors. Sands takes Joey's locator card and Joey's Goblin Strike Force (2300:0000). After they collected their booty (LOOT/PRIZES/EARNINGS), Locke and Sands go their different ways, hoping that they never have to meet up in a duel before the Finals.

------------------------------------

Locke: FINALLY! It is done! Now Sana cannot kill me, Sands can, but Sana cannot!

Davis (Digimon 02): Why didn't Sands take DGD?

Imeon (Baldur's Gate II): Simple, Sands doesn't have the cards needed to summon that Monster and Joey still needs it later on in the fiction.

Davis: Joey is still in the Tournament?

Locke: He was last year's Champion, so after some one beats everyone else in the Finals, the Duelist needs to beat him to become the next Champion. At least I took Yugi out of the tournament.

Imeon: Any plans to take out Seto Kaiba?

Locke: ................ Thanks a lot. I'll just let the readers decide on that later.