Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Big Cat On Campus ❯ Cats And Dogs ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chapter 1: Cats And Dogs

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"You guys are so lucky. You got reasonable partners, while me. I get stuck with moneybags," Katsuya grumbled at lunch time, poking at his food with his chopsticks.

"Hey Jou, what's wrong? You've barely touched your food," Yugi replied lightly, having already finished off his lunch. Just as Katsuya was about to explode at Yugi, and later apologize for taking all his frustration out on his friend, Seto walked walked up, his trademark smirk upon his face.

"Mutt, after school I want you to meet me in the parking lot. If I'm going to be forced to work with you, the sooner we get done, the better," Seto said nonchalantly, soon leaving just as quickly as he came.

"That! That! That bastard!" Katsuya stammered, fighting back the urge to lunge at Seto and rip him limb from limb. He didn't really care that he'd probably end up in the hospital in the process, as long as he could attempt to kill his rival.

"Oh come on Jou, it's not like he really did anything wrong," Honda reasoned from beside his friend, ignoring the fact that he hated Kaiba just about as much as poor Katsuya.

Katsuya merely turned around to give Honda a dumbfounded stare, jaw slack with amazement. Honda, his best rough-housing pal and the only one in the group that hated Kaiba as much as he did, was standing up for the aforementioned teen? Stammering a quick excuse, Katsuya got up and sauntered off, somehow making his way to the Literature classroom. His english teacher was always ranting about how writing to get out your emotions was good for you. Hell, he might as well give it a try.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It was nearly an hour after school had let out that Katsuya finally make his way to the parking lot, hair disshelved, uniform in array, and papers falling out of his backpack. He stopped momentarily to catch his breathe, his golden locks falling over his eyes as he rested his hands on his knees, his lungs greedily gasping in oxygen.

"Sorry I'm late. Got detention, for talking back in Geometry," Katsuya said lightly, soon standing up to grin at Kaiba.

"Really? For a moment there, by your current appearance, I thought you were possibly having sex with one of the teachers(1)," Seto scoffed lightly, internally smirking.

"Nah, that's Tuesday's after school," Katsuya joked back, grinning at Seto as he carefully picked up his papers and uncerimoniously shoved them into his backpack.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

(1) This idea doesn't belong to me! Upon asking samurai-ashes for advice, she wanted to know why Jou was late. But before I could explain she asked if he was banging the English teacher. XD Thanks for the laugh ashes!