Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter-Sweet Death ❯ Bakura's Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own.. blah, blah you know the rest
 
~ Italics = dreams or thoughts. The dreams will have the ~ blah ~ around it.
 
 
 
“I'm not going to school today.” Moaned a very tired white haired teen chucking his alarm clock at the wall. He was tired ever since he had been rid of the evil spirit within the millennium ring. He wasn't entirely sure why he was tired since he slept perfectly fine that night. The evil spirit within him had finally gone on to the afterlife along with Yugi's Yami and Marik's evil side. He rolled over on his left side, which caused the covers to cling around his body. Positioned in a way that if anyone else had been in that place they could have died right then and there and been perfectly happy. But not Ryou Bakura. Something pulled at him that nobody could have ignored. It pulled and burned his skin like there was something he needed to do and forgot... something important.
He tried his best to ignore it, but in failure he jumped out of bed and turned on his computer that looked like it hadn't been touched for months, maybe even years. He logged on and clicked on his e-mail icon, which then after it was booted up read...
 
No new messages. OK?
 
“Whatever.” The teen's British accent filled the deserted room that lied within the bare, vacant house. He didn't bother to turn his computer off; he was too tired to care. He flopped on his bed sprawled all across it. Several minutes passed before he finally fell asleep.
 
~ Clouds shrouded around Bakura's feet as he stepped into the middle of an empty dirt road. Up ahead, a cave is there welcoming Bakura into its eternal darkness. Not that he could see anything else. Nothing around him except pitch black and a small rusty lantern swinging slowly with the slight breeze passing by. Slowly Bakura steps forward, treading his caution wearily. Less than halfway from the cave a figure stands in the entrance, lingering. A hood lay over the figure's head covering its eyes. Connected to the hood was a grim reaper-like dress. (A/N: or however you would label it), which flowed out around the figures feet but still unable to see them. The figure held a deep icy blue star shaped crystal. Bakura, unable to bring himself toward the figure turned to leave found two sets of eyes, one pair lavender and another emerald, staring back at him. “Marik... Duke,” Bakura blinked, “what are you doing here?
Marik pulled out a crystal much like the one the shady figure was holding. The only difference was that Marik's crystal was crescent moon shaped and was a lighter cerulean blue color. Marik charged past Bakura toward the figure, threw his crystal in the air which lighted up everything, and made it so bright that he couldn't see. It slowly started to dim again, as the three teens watched the figure dissolve within the air, and the crystal shattering to pieces. Marik placed the crystal he held in his pocket. Bakura looked over at Duke who suddenly had fear in his eyes. Duke started to yell something, but Bakura couldn't understand. His lips were moving but nothing was coming out. “I can't understand you. What's going on here? Bakura asked when he heard Marik gasp from behind him. Bakura turned back to Marik, he was on his knees holding his throat, gasping, wheezing like he was being strangled and was finding any means necessary to breathe. “Marik!” Bakura yelled running over to his side. “What's going on?” Marik was still wheezing, trembling on his knuckles. Bakura noticed a shadow gleaming over him. He looked up at Duke and stood, “What's happening here? Duke glanced to the ground with saddened yet fearful eyes.
His lips were moving again. But this time, not in a yelling way. More like he was talking regularly. Unfortunately Bakura still couldn't comprehend him. Now he was yelling again, screaming, knowing Bakura couldn't hear him. The ground started to shake which caused Bakura and Duke to loose their balance and fall to the ground. Bakura clutched on to Marik's shoulder for balance, Bakura looked at him and noticed that he was speaking too. Bakura did the best he could to lip read but to no avail. But with a final twitch Marik began to disappear. Bakura looked on with horror as Marik dissolved into nonexistence. Bakura looked back over at Duke who also started to disappear. But, before he was fully gone he gone in one last word or phrase; Bakura wasn't sure. Something was keeping him from hearing their voices. Duke was gone then too.
“NO!” Bakura yelled. “Marik! Duke! He tried to run, but to where? Everything was gone, the street, the cave, the lantern, everything! Basically, he was running into an abyss that was dark and bare that would go on for eternity. ~
 
Bakura awoke to the sound of a phone blaring in his now sensitive eardrums. `That was the strangest dream I've had in weeks.' He thought rolling on his back. He must have been tossing while he was sleeping because he was sweating immensely and his hair and shirt were drenched. The phone rang one more time before the answering machine picked it up. Bakura didn't bother to try and answer it. It was probably just the stupid school calling to see if he had gotten out of his stupid bed to go to the stupid school. After the recording of the machine went off it was silent for a moment beside the heavy breathing in the background, which made Bakura sit up.
“...Bakura...” the voice spoke. Bakura tried to figure out who it could have been. It sure didn't sound like the school, or anyone he knew for that matter. More heavy breathing could be heard. “I know your there...” The voice sounded feminine, so Bakura tried to think of any girl that could possibly have gotten hold of his number. “It's not Tea thank God...” Bakura mumbled to himself. He listened some more to the message.
“Well then, if you're not going to pick up I'll just tell you from the stupid answering machine. Check your e-mail again. There is a message there waiting for you... see if you can follow the clues... if you do... you'll wind up somewhere near me. I will explain the details of the dream you just had...”
Bakura couldn't help but let out a giggle about the last comment. “How the heck would this person know I had an odd dream earlier? I bet she'd be really embarrassed if I went to school today and didn't go back to sleep.” He let out another chuckle before the voice spoke again.
“I wouldn't be embarrassed.” `Huh?” Bakura stared at the machine.
“I wouldn't have been embarrassed. Only because I wouldn't have called you then. I would have waited for you to fall asleep after school to have the dream. I would have called you then too... but that's beside the point. Bakura, just check your e-mail. The clues to what your dream meant will be revealed as you pass each clue. When you have found the last one, you will wait for me where the note tells you. That is when your journey will end... Have a nice day.” Then message ended. “Just to figure out a pointless dream?” Bakura asked himself flopping back onto the bed. He heard a bleeping noise coming from his computer. The new e-mail sound. Interested to know that it said Bakura crawled out of bed, stretched his arms over his head, and yawned.
He sat in his chair and clicked `enter' to read the message. He stared blankly at the screen resting his head on his hands.
 
Dear Bakura,
The dream you just envisionedwasn't just a mere dream. You caught a glimpse of the future, but your vision of it was unclear so you were unable to hear or see much. As the message you receivedon your answering machine stated(since you were too lazy to pick up the friggen phone!!!); as it stated the clues to the revealing of your dream start here.Although you can't see me I will be watching your every move. So if you quit I will know. By the way, if you think this is a scam so you delete this message and forget about it completely you and your`friends' as you call them will be destroyed.To show you that I'mserious your bedroom window will shatter into a million pieces, andthen the broken pieces will dissolve into dust.
 
Just then Bakura's window shattered just like the note said. Bakura covered his head. When it sounded like it was over he looked at the window just in time to see the last few window pieces then dissolved into dust. “Oh my...” Bakura stated glancing back at the computer to read the rest of it.
 
See what I mean?Here is your first clue...
 
Raven black hair,
Greeneyes,
Goto his arcade and you'll find him there;
The boy that toys with dice andtwirls his hair.
 
This one is easy butI wish you luck on your journey.
 
 
Bakura knew already who the clue was talking about. In fact anyone that had the capability to put two and two together could have figured this one out. He got dressed and stared out for Duke's Game shop. Duke was probably at school at that moment but Bakura didn't mind waiting there for him as long as Yugi and his friends didn't wind up going there with Duke. Not that Bakura minded having Yugi and them around but if they did come they would some how find out about this and then destiny and ancient Egyptian curses would some how come about. Besides, as far as Bakura is concerned, this is none of their business.
He got dressed and made his way to Duke's Game shop.
 
 
OK you guys! Tell me what you think. Should I continue or should I delete and pretend I never made this?
Well?
Flames are accepted just review please.
 
BTW, A while ago (I dunno when) I read this fanfic about there being a robot and they decided to call it Yami Yugi.... or something like that.... I don't remember, but I've been looking for it and I don't know who made it or what it's titled so if you have any clue about what I am talking about let me know. Thanks.