Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter-Sweet Death ❯ Convincing and Joining ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't own.. Don't sue
 
~ Italics = dreams or thoughts. The dreams will have the ~ ~ around it. Thoughts have the `' around it.
 
^V^V^V^V^V^V
 
Okay, so maybe Bakura was feeling just a little homicidal. But, that didn't mean everyone he saw on the way Duke's Game Shop had to stare at him like he just murdered their parents. Sure, he might have done it if the spirit of the Millennium Ring was still around, but he had been gone for some time by now. Maybe the spirit did kill their parents! No, someone would have called the cops on Bakura if he did by now. But, this was the least of Bakura's problems at this point. All he could think of was where did that dream come from? What did it mean? Who wrote the e-mail? Why am I obeying the letter and going over to Duke's house? Why Duke? And, more importantly... “Why is there a cat following me?!?!” Bakura yelled turning to a fat cat that wore a mixture of black, brown, and white on it's fur. It's eyes diamond shaped with a yellow-green color surrounding its pupils. He glared at it, ignoring the whispers around him. He could understand some of them, but not well. He didn't need to, he knew they were probably talking about how he probably needed to be in some mental institute. He stomped his foot and screamed at the cat to go away, which it did. Finally, his last string being pulled from under him, he glared at the crowd of people. “Why the hell are you staring at me? If you don't like it go somewhere else!” He stomped on screaming in his mind.
`If looks could kill. If looks could kill. If only looks could kill! You'd all be dead! I guess its a good thing I skipped school today. I might have killed anyone that tried to come in contact with me. Who would want to come in contact with me?' He thought for a moment. `That damn Yugi kid would!' Its not that Bakura hated Yugi or anything. He just couldn't stand him at times. Suddenly, Bakura bumped into something, or someone! “Hey!” Bakura scowled. “Watch where your going stupid head!” Bakura looked up, he recognized who it was immediately. “Odion!”
“The name is Rishid!” He blared at Bakura.
“Since when?”
“Since always.”
“Hmph.”
“So where are you going?”
“That's none of your business.” Bakura didn't want to tell anyone about the dream or the e-mail. He didn't even want to tell Duke. So why was he going? “Irritable aren't we?” Another familiar voice showed up. Bakura looked past Odion... or Rishid... whatever the hell his name was to find the ever-narrow-minded Marik. Bakura walked past them both, “Bite me.” He didn't get to far ahead when he heard Marik talking to Rishid, but loud enough for Bakura to hear it, “who lit the fuse on his tampon?”
This caused Rishid to fall over laughing, while Marik was still standing like he had just received a gold medal for the best come-back ever, and Bakura was producing more stress marks on his head. `Just ignore him. Ignore him. Ignore him!!!' He kept walking. Leaving Marik and Rishid behind, well, at least Rishid anyway. Marik, unknowing to Bakura, had some plans of his own. Finally, Bakura made it to Duke's gaming shop. It would be a while before Duke returned. Bakura turned the corner and found Duke talking to some of his employees. Unless Duke skipped school too.
Bakura thought about waiting until Duke was done talking to all those people. But, then again he wasn't being nice to anyone else that day so why should Duke be an acception? “Duke come here!” Bakura commanded. Duke looked over at him quizzically. “Bakura?”
“That's right!”
“Why are you here?”
“I have to talk to you.”
“Can this wait?”
“No.”
“Why not?”
“Why should it?”
“Fine then what is it?”
“Come here and I'll tell you.”
“No, my work comes first.”
“Dammit! Come here!” Bakura ran up to Duke, grabbed the back of his shirt collar, and dragged him along.
 
 
“You'd better have a good reason for this!” Duke said angrily. Bakura and Duke were in a random hallway, there weren't many people in it so Bakura decided it was a good place to talk. “All right now listen.” Bakura began, “This is really confusing and I don't expect you to believe it. So I'm only going to say this once and only once to you. Got it?” Duke nodded and Bakura continued with telling him about the dream. “So did you by any chance get an e-mail that said something about a clue?” Duke shook his head. Just then, Marik appeared once again and smacked Bakura on his back, “Bakura, you loser! What kind of a story is that?” Duke blinked, “Marik?”
“Yeah, what?” Marik asked staring at him.
Duke, rolled his eyes and sighed heavily, “Why are you here now?”
“I followed Bakura.” Marik grinned.
“Why?” Bakura scowled.
“I wanted to that's why!”
“That's not a reason!”
“Why not?”
“I have no idea. It just isn't okay!”
“Sure.” Marik said ending the argument.
A second of silence passed before any of them spoke again. “So,” Duke mumbled, “I can check to see if I got any e-mails like that. But why me?” Bakura shook his head. “I don't know. Maybe because you were part of the dream.” Duke thought for a moment, “So wouldn't that mean that Marik, would be apart of this too? I mean, he was in your dream too...” “No way!” Marik interrupted. “I'm not going to join this little game of yours.” “Why not?” Bakura asked. Marik turned to walk away, “You guys may be gullible enough to believe crap like that but I'm not about to join in on this wild goose chase of yours.” “Of mine?” Bakura asked, “You think I made his up?” “Maybe. I don't know.” Marik started walking away.
“Feh. Who needs him anyway?” Bakura asked. “So are we gonna check your e-mail or not?” “Sure.” Duke led Bakura into a room that looked more like an office, “This is where my computer is. So, if we did get an e-mail from an unknown source, it wouldn't have been deleted yet.” Duke turned his computer on and clicked his e-mail icon.
 
20 new messages. OK?
 
“Twenty messages?!?” Bakura remarked. “When was the last time you checked your e-mail?” Duke thought about it for a second, “I don't know sometime when I woke up this morning I guess. Why?”
“No reason.” They looked on at the screen. The letters from people Duke knew stayed in his inbox while the rest was sent to another folder. Duke clicked on that folder since he figured he wouldn't know who the e-mailer was, then a screen showed up with 15 SPAM mail. “So, what address would it be coming from?” Duke asked. “I have no clue.” Bakura said blankly.
“You don't know?!?”
“No I don't! I don't recall there ever being an address.”
“I am not going to click on any of these and risk getting a virus!”
“Well, then I'm screwed.”
“At this point yes.”
“Well then, I'm leaving. Sorry to bother you.” Bakura walked to the door when one of Duke's employees walked in. “Sir, a letter for you with no return address. Should I dispose of it?” Duke looked at Bakura who stared at the letter. Was that it? “That's strange. Was that the only letter we received today?” The employee nodded. “Usually we have a crap load of mail. Oh well, leave it here, I'll find some use of it.” Duke said motioning for his employee to leave. Which he did.
“So,” Bakura began, “are you going to open it?” Duke began opening it as Bakura walked back over to read it along with him. It read...
 
To whom it may concern:
 
Congratulationson succeedingwith your first mission Bakura. You are now on step closer to realizing what your dream means and fulfilling the prophecy. This prophecy will be explained to you in the next clue.Meanwhile, you and Duke must fulfill this clue.
 
Clue #2.
 
In twohours precisely,
Above your head the sun will land nicely.
Through the forest the sun will be hard to see,
But still find one last partnersleepingnear a tree
Convince him to join the team
Then your next clue will come to you that night in a dream.
 
“Prophecy?” Bakura asked. “What is that supposed to mean?” I don't know.” Duke answered. “Above your head the sun will land nicely? How corny.” Bakura laughed, “I know you should have read the one I had to read earlier!” “Two hours,” Duke began, “it'll be twelve... noon, so that explains the whole sun over the head thing.”
“Yeah, but what does it mean by forest?”
“What about the park? Its not exactly a forest, but it does have a lot of trees. Enough to shade the sun anyway.”
“Yeah, and the new partner will probably be Marik. He's the only person that would make sense at this point.”
“We just have to convince him to join.”
“That's not going to be fun. He didn't seem all happy-joy about it earlier.”
“Well, we have to if we want the next clue.”
“So lets go then.”
They made their way to the city park. Since they had two hours they decided to walk. They could take an hour to get there, and since the park was semi-big they could use that hour to find Marik. As they we walking a thought struck Bakura, “Hey Duke.” “What?” Duke answered.
“I was wondering...”
“Yeah?”
“Why did you agree so easily? I mean, I'm still having a hard time believing this. So why-“
“I had it too.” Duke interrupted.
“Had what?”
“The dream, I had it too. I remember, I was trying ask you... something, I don't remember what but, No sound could come out. Just like you said. But, when I woke up, I too had a phone call. The person on the other line didn't say who they were, but they did say that I would be visited by someone unexpected. Then I would have to join them on some journey. So, when you showed up, I couldn't believe it at first but after you mentioned your dream, I knew you were right. So I had to join you.”
“Oh, so that's why. Weird.”
“Hey Bakura?”
“Yeah?”
“Why is everyone staring at you like you killed their parents?”
Bakura looked around glaring at every person that was staring at him. “Don't ask.”
“Hey, look at that, we're already there!” Duke exclaimed. Bakura looked ahead, and sure enough, as he looked further down past all the trees, there was Marik sleeping peacefully near a big oak tree that was next to a small pathway that had people passing by it every so often. Duke glanced at Bakura, “I'll bet Marik had the dream too.” “We'll see.” Bakura said running up to Marik and shaking him awake. “What the hell do you want?” Marik said, “This had better be important.”
“It is.” Duke said, “we need you to join us with solving Bakura's dream.”
“Excuse me? I already told you I don't want to. But, good luck on the Scavenger hunt though.” Marik replied sitting up and getting ready to leave again. “It's not a scavenger hunt!” Duke exclaimed. Marik rolled his eyes. “Whatever then.”
`I wonder... maybe Duke was on to something.' Bakura thought. “Hey Marik, I bet you had the same dream.” Marik looked over at Bakura, “I bet not.” Bakura ignored that and continued, “I bet you had the same dream, but you think it's all just coincidence don't you?”
“And if that is what I think?”
“Then your thinking is wrong.”
“Well, we can't be wrong all the time.”
“That made no sense to me.”
“It did to me so shut up!”
“Make me!”
“No!”
“Cut it out both of you!” Duke yelled. “Marik, would you please just join us?” Marik shrugged, “Why should I? What do I get out of it?” Duke thought for a moment. “You get to prove if we're right or not.” Marik seemed to like that idea, “So what if I prove you wrong?”
“Then I'll... buy you lunch for three weeks.”
“Nine.”
“Four.”
“Eight.”
“Four and a half.”
“Seven.”
“Five.”
“Six.”
“Five and a half.”
“Five!”
“Deal!”
“Ah... damn.”
Duke smirked, “five weeks then if we lose.” Bakura joined in, “OK, so what if we win?” Marik thought, “I'll buy you guys lunch for five weeks.” “YES!” Bakura cheered. “But that's only if your right!” Marik added. “Yeah, Yeah fine!” Bakura grinned. “So now what do we do?” Marik asked stretching his arm over his head. “Well, the last clue said that the prophecy would be explained to us in a dream.” Duke explained. “So I guess for now we do nothing until tonight.” Marik nodded his head. “OK so lets get out of here then.” Bakura said to Duke. “I have to make sure no notices that I ditched school, and you have to get back to your shop I'm sure.” Duke nodded, “Yeah.”
“Hey Bakura wait!” Marik called. “I gotta question.” Bakura glanced back at him “What?” “I was just wondering,” Marik said pointing to some of the people passing by one the pathway. “Every person that has walked by so far has been staring at you like you killed their parents. What up with that?”
Bakura glared at all the people going by, “Dammit!”
 
 
^V^V^V^V^V^V^V
 
Chapter 2 is finally done. YES!!!
 
Please review!