Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter-Sweet Death ❯ Hooded girl ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter three. Hooded girl
 
Previously on Bitter-Sweet Death....
 
Bakura got Duke and Marik to join him on wherever his journey would take him. After reluctantly agreeing, they wait until the night when they would sleep and dream of their 3rd clue, just as the 2nd clue said they would...
 
Italics ~ dreams. Dreams have the ~ blah ~
 
I don't own the show, if I did Bakura, Marik, and Duke would be on more often and Tea and Tristan would be dead by now. No, scratch that... they wouldn't have even been on the show, Tea and Tristan wouldn't exist at all. But, they're not so, obviously, I don't own.
 
~*~
 
~ Bakura's POV
 
Maybe it would have been better if I had gone to school today. I mean, it was over for the day. But, then again what good does school do? It never teaches the important stuff. Math? Oh, yes, we'll use math the rest of our lives! Great! When someone comes up to me and accuses me of stealing their girlfriend I can still teach them algebra! What a relief!
 
~ Normal POV
 
“Bakura!” A familiar voice sprang up behind him. One of the last people he wanted to see. Only, because he figured that if one was there, the rest would be there. “ Hey Bakura!” Tristan, the person nobody in the group really cared much for, called out. “Why weren't you at school today, Bakura?” Yugi, the supposed innocent one, asked running up to Bakura's side. Of course, Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Tea, the whole peanut gallery, were there. But Bakura wanting to be at least somewhat nice to them smiles and musters up the sweetest voice he could have possibly made, “That's none of your damn business now, is it?” OK, that was nice wasn't it? Well, not by their standards anyways. “What's your problem?” Joey, the idiot of the group, asked. “Have a bad day?” Tea, the only person in the group that Bakura was not able to even explain how much he hated her, added in.
“Horrible.” Bakura stated blankly and turned to walk away. “Wait a minute!” Yugi cried out. Bakura turned back to them, “What?” Yugi blinked innocently, “Well, would you like to hang out with us for a while? I mean, we haven't spent much time together and all...” “Yeah!” Joey interrupted, “That's a great idea, come spend the day with us, Bakura.” Bakura almost threw up. Spend the day with them? He looked straight at Joey and Yugi, “Are... are you serious?” Yugi and Joey nodded. Then Tea started talking. Bakura didn't listen to her; he's heard her talk enough to know what she would say. Not that he would have listened to her if he didn't know what she would say. “No.” Bakura stated monotonedly. Yugi looked sad because Bakura didn't want to hang out, “but, Bakura...”
Bakura didn't wait to hear what he had to say. He didn't care. He couldn't stand Yugi. He couldn't stand Yugi when they met, when their Yami's fought or when they were working together. Deep down Bakura wished that Yugi left and Yami had stayed. Yami wouldn't have pushed subjects like that. If someone told him no, he would go with it. Maybe a little bit of Bakura's Yami had rubbed off on him to hate everyone. Maybe Bakura should have ended his life long ago. Maybe, he should end it now. He walked down the street when a girl on a skateboard flew by him, almost knocking him over. Almost but didn't, instead she knocked over another girl that was right in front of him. The skateboarder immediately got up and rode off. Yelling every vulgar word in the English language. Bakura looked down at the other girl.
He couldn't see her face because she had a hood over her head. It covered her eyes so all you could see was her mouth. She got up and turned to face Bakura. He snorted and began walking right past her. Right as he was behind her, she turned her head slightly. Enough to get another glimpse of Bakura. It began to rain but she didn't seem to care. She watched Bakura go on though until it started fogging up and she could no longer see him. She stands silent for a moment, “Was that him?” She turns back and starts to walk. “He seems to not be very powerful at all, however, something tells me that he'll still be a problem for me.”
 
Later that evening at Bakura's house.
Bakura had his TV turned on to the news. It was about 10:30 p.m. and it was still raining hard. Bakura was wide-awake but he could have fallen asleep on command if he had chose to. Tomorrow was Friday, so that would be the last school day for the week. He probably will skip it again anyways. He wasn't really watching the news; he was more into the knife that was sitting on the counter next to him. Calling him. He reached out and grabbed it. He admired the sharpness of it before he placed it to his skin. He started in the middle of his elbow and wrist... he pierced the skin and cut around his arm. He started underneath his right arm, went over the top, back to where he had started cutting, and didn't bring the blade up out of his skin once until he finished the circle. He began to carve letters into his right arm such as shi*, broken, and abuse. On his left arm he just carved out crescent moons, and slashed his arm in several places. His blood was coming out, but not enough to kill him.
He continued to cut himself. Meanwhile the news was reporting a robbery that had currently just taken place. Security cameras could not see the thief's face because it was covered with the hood on the criminal's jacket. This person had stolen an artifact from the museum filled with Egyptian artifacts; the one Ishizu was at. It was a Jade bracelet supposedly worn by a great Pharaoh. With that being said, Bakura finally cut the veins in his arms. Blood gushed out. This would kill him for sure. He knew it and he was content with it.
Unaware of the situation at the museum, Marik had been walking along the road due to his insomnia problem. He walked the roads every night looking for something interesting. He was about to turn into the park when the hooded thief ran in front of him. All Marik could see of this person was that she was a girl and her mouth. He shivers from the cold rain that was drenching him. He had a jacket but it wasn't doing much help. He started at her for a second and was about to walk away when she started talking to him. “You know your albino friend?” Marik stared at her strangely. “Excuse me?” She grinned, “Isn't he your friend? The white haired boy?” Marik thought for a moment, “Bakura?”
“Ryou Bakura more or less.”
“He's not my friend, and what about him?”
“You'd better go rescue him. He's at his house. Go! You're going to need him later.”
“Rescue him from what?” Marik asked puzzled. That's when sirens and police dog howling were heard coming closer. He hooded girl ran off, “We'll meet again. See you tomorrow.” “What the hell?” Marik asked himself. He ran out of the park in case the police went in there and arrested him for whatever reason. He caught himself instinctively running to where Bakura lived. He knew where he lived only because he had gone to Bakura's house once before return something he had borrowed from him. Marik ran up the steps and went to the door with the name `Bakura' on the outside. Marik banged on the door. He put his ear to it; he could faintly hear the TV but not much else. He tried to open the door but it was locked. He banged on it harder this time. “Bakura! Open up!” No answer. “Bakura!”
A couple of the neighbors walked out of their rooms to see what was going on. Marik's insistent banging and yelling were enough to wake them up, he was sure he would have woken up Bakura. An old man ran up to Marik, grabbed his shoulder, and pulled him in so they were eye to eye. “You brat! Do you have any idea what time it is? Some people here work in the morning you know!” There were a few nods and a few people who spoke their opinion saying things like, `Yea, that's right!' and `You no good punk! What's your problem?”
“Shizuka ni*!” Marik yelled and punched the old man causing his grip on Marik to be loosened. Marik went over to the window next to Bakura's door, and smashed it open. He jumped through, accidentally tearing down the curtains that were in front of the window. He looked around the house, “Bakura, you in here?” It was pitch black. He ran further in where he could see from the TV. Marik would have turned on a light but he couldn't find a light switch. Plus, he was too concerned for Bakura to care much. He stepped toward the couch expecting to see anything. There was no sign of Bakura there, but there was a trail of blood leading from the couch to another room. The bedroom. The door wasn't closed. Bakura would have closed and locked it if he thought anyone would have come in. Marik barged in. “Bakura!” His eyes widened. Bakura was half-asleep, lying in his bed, smiling to himself. His faced was flushed and the walls were covered with cryptic words written in Bakura's blood. Marik hesitated for a moment due to shock, but he ran right over to Bakura, picked him up and ran him out of the apartment. Once he got out there were several horrified gasps from Bakura's neighbors yet; none of them could seem to move out of Marik's way so he could get Bakura to the hospital. They were mortified. The old man that had grabbed Marik was standing in front of the steps. “Move!” Marik commanded him.
The man just stood there, “what happened to him?” Marik was fuming over these people not moving out of his way. “Get out of my fucking way old man before I push you down the damn steps!” The man obeyed and Marik darted off. He ran as fast as he could to the hospital. He figured the fastest way to the hospital was by Duke's game shop. As he passed by the shop, Duke, who was also suffering from insomnia that particular night, looked out his window just has Marik was about to cross the road toward the hospital. He wondered what he was going there for when he noticed who Marik was carrying. The cut up bloody mess Bakura.
He quickly ran out of his shop to follow and make sure Bakura would be all right. He grabbed a jacket and ran out the door. When he got into the hospital, the doctors were already taking Bakura to the emergency room. Leaving Marik behind. “Marik!” Duke called. Marik looked at him, “Duke? What are you doing here?” Duke ran over to Marik, “I looked out my window and saw you running here with Bakura. Why was he bleeding? What did you do to him?” Marik was a little bit offended by the last question. “I didn't do anything to him! I found him bloody and cut up like that!” Duke took a deep breath, “He didn't do that to himself did he?” Marik clutched his hand that was bloody. It wasn't Bakura's blood. It was his own, he had accidentally cut himself when he smashed Bakura's window open, “I think he did...” Marik trailed off still clutching his hand.
Duke swallowed hard. “I'll get you a bandage for your hand.” He walked towards the nurses counter. Marik nodded and sat down in a chair over in a corner near a window and just stared outside. The rain was coming down hard, flashes from the lightning strikes started appearing with the thunder crashing not too long after the lightning came. Duke joined him and put the bandage around Marik's hand. “There.” Marik looked at his hand. “Arigatou*,” He mumbled and fell asleep. Duke stood up, “Do itashimashite*, Marik.” He walked over to the nurses counter and asked to use the phone. He called one of his secretaries to call up the school in the morning to inform them that Bakura, Marik, and he would not be attending school the next day.
He went over to a chair that was near Marik but not close. He rested his head on his hand and fell asleep. That night, Duke had a dream.
 
~ He saw a hooded girl standing in front of him. All you could see on her was her mouth. Duke stared at her for a minute. `Was this supposed to be the dream we were supposed to have tonight?' Duke thought. Millions of questions were running through his mind. Things like, `Were Bakura and Marik seeing this too?' and `Who is this kid?' She walked toward him; he instinctively took a step back. “Come and visit me sometime.” She says walking past Duke. He tried to say something but he couldn't get any words out of his mouth. The girl ran on leaving Duke behind. Finally Duke was able to speak, “Wait!” ~
 
When Duke woke up it was already morning. Funny how a dream that seemed so short could take up half the night. He looked around, Marik was sleeping, the rain had stopped but it was threatening to return. He wondered if Marik was having that same dream too. But mostly he wondered if Bakura was even alive still.
~*~
 
Finally, done! I have been thinking for weeks on how to do this chapter.
Please review and let me know what you think. Flames accepted.
 
Thanks to JinxedKitsune for helping me with some Japanese words/ phrases.
Shi*-death
shizuka ni*- Be quiet
Arigatou*- Thank you
Do itashimashite*- you are welcome