Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Spirits ❯ Iefuza ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I am posting all fics from Fanfiction.net to mediaminer.These fanfics are listed from oldest to newest.This fanfic was posted to fanfiction.net1 /12/03and has 65reviews on fanfiction.net.Keep in mind, I have revised this fic, however, it’s an OLD work.



BROKEN SPIRITS

It was a bright and shining day at Domino High School. Everyone was going about their usual activities. Yugi and his friends were
playing duel monsters. Yugi had beaten Joey, once more.

“Eh, you always win, Yuug." Joey said. "Or maybe it's just me, maybe I should practice more."

"It does make you a better duelist." Yugi told Joey as they were putting away their cards.

"You'll never guess what I found out," Weevil exclaimed, as he leaned in over the dueling table.

“What do you want?" Joey asked with an annoyed expression.

Weevil smiled and said "Did you know we're getting two new students here?"

Yugi replied, “Really? I didn't know that, Weevil. How did you find that out?"

The bug duelist told him, “Well, let's just say I have my ways."

Half way across the classroom, Rex Raptor was listening to their conversation and walked over to the group of duelists, intrigued by what they said and curious as to whom the new inquiries were.

“Ways for you is you were trying to cheat on the exam next week and you accidentally stumbled upon it." Rex stated as Weevil began to get agitated at the very thought that Rex had figured it out.

"Shut your mouth!" Weevil yelled at Rex.

Tristan asked, “Well hey, we're going to know anyway, so we may as well be informed of who's going to be coming here?"

"Well, why should I tell you? I'm cheating, remember?" Weevil said, as to taunt them with his phrase.

"Can it and tell us, bug brain!" Joey said as he became frustrated.

"I'm sure we'd all like to know." Bakura said in a curious voice.

Weevil, who was enjoying taunting everyone finally said. " Well, I was looking in the transfer scripts and I figured out their names were Merisusa Hyrabashi, a foreign exchange student from America, and a man named Iefuza Yamaguchi, he's from a school about 60 miles from this one, and you won't believe it, but they are both duelists. I have heard that Iefuza has some of the rarest and strongest duel monsters ever made."

Yugi was surprised. "No way!" he said in shock.

"Or so you say," Joey said with doubt.

"I guess we'll have to see if it's true when they get here." Yugi said.

"This will be exciting." Bakura said with joy. “It’s been a while since we’ve had new students."

"Maybe we could make friends with them." Yugi added. "What do you think Rex?" Yugi turned to receive a response from Rex, but Rex had disappeared.

"That's strange," Tristan said as he looked around, “I wonder where he went."

“I don't know, Tristan." Yugi said, also looking around for some kind of hint of the arrogant dino duelist, but there was none. It was like Rex had vanished from thin air.

“Weird..." Tristan said finally.

Everyone continued to go throughout their day with little or no difficulties. No one saw Rex for the rest of the day. Weeks passed, and it was time for the event that aroused so much bewilderment....
Everyone was in the first class of the day; they were talking and chattering about, getting the last bit of conversation out before the lectures started.

The teacher entered the class room and all was dead quiet. Everyone stared intently as he walked into the room, casual and slowly.

He cleared his throat.

"Well," He stated bluntly, “I’m sure you've all heard one thing or another about there being a bit of a change to our curriculum."
Rex looked over at Weevil and the boy replied to his gesture with an annoyed face.

"Is there a problem that you two would like to tell the class Mr. Underwood and Mr. Raptor?" The teacher asked the two young duelists.

“Oh,..... No." Rex said as he started to pay attention

"There's clearly no problem here." Weevil said with authority. “Just ignorant people who have no idea of what they are talking about."

“You just keep talking like that." Rex said under his breath.

"Now, on with the agenda for today," He preceded "We are having two new students and I would like to introduce them to you." He looks at the door and asks them to come in.

A young girl with medium length, dark brown hair, dressed in a school uniform walks in the room behind a tall, unattractive looking fellow in a drab blue uniform.

"This is Iefuza Yamaguchi and Merisusa Hyrabashi. They have come from other schools, so feel free to make them feel welcomed here. As the amplitude of their class mates arises, Joey, Yugi and Tristan start to converse. Joey leans in with one hand on the side of his face, as if he were telling a secret and whispers, " Hey Yuug, that guy doesn't even look like he belongs in school."

"No joke," Tristan agreed.

“You guys," Yugi said, " he said we should make him feel welcomed, maybe he's not such a bad guy once you get to know him."

Joey puts one arm over the back of the seat he is in and turns around.

“Hey, it looks like Bakura is hitting it off with the new girl." Joey said in a teasing sort of way. Yugi and Tristan look up to see Merisusa sitting between Bakura and Weevil.

"Hi," Merisusa said shyly. “I hope you don't mind if I sit here."

"No, of course not." Bakura said politely as Merisusa took her seat.

"My name is Bakura." He added, with a smile on his face.

"I'm Merisusa, but I think you were told that." Merisusa smiled happily. “I don't know anything about this school, maybe you could show me around. It might be fun."

" Sure." Bakura said.

Time passed and it was soon time for lunch. Merisusa got her lunch and looked around for anyone familiar. She eyed Bakura sitting at a table by himself. He was looking rather lonely, so she decided to go and sit by him.

“Hi Bakura," She said, happy to see someone she finally knew.

"Oh, hello Merisusa. Has your day gone well?" Bakura asked.

“It is all right. I've been meeting a lot of new and interesting people. Has your day been enjoyable?"

" Yes." Bakura said as he nodded with his response.

“Hey, Bakura," Merisusa said in question,” where's your food? Aren't you hungry?"

Bakura replied, “Well, I did have a lunch made, but I was kind of in a hurry and forgot it."

Merisusa looked at Bakura and took out a bowl of rice. "Here, you can have some of mine."

She handed Bakura the rice and some chopsticks to go with it.

"Oh, thank you." Bakura said as he looked at the bowl of rice.

"No sense in starving." Merisusa implied. "Now eat up!"

After lunch period, and on the way to class, the gold haired girl walked through the halls, crowded with the students of Domino High School. She was carrying the book for her next class. A student was conversing with her, but she was walking and lost track of herself. She hit something and turned around.

"Huh?" She said as she turned her head.

There were papers, books and dueling cards everywhere.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Merisusa said as she started picking up the cards. After picking up the 17th dueling card, she looked at the fallen student.

“I’m really sorry. I should've watched where I was going. Here, let me help you.”She insisted.

The male student sat up and looked at her, undeceive. Merisusa was acquiring the cards, spilt on the ground gather them before the other students walked on them or damaged them in anyway. The student watching her still trying to ponder what she was going to do with his dueling cards. Merisusa picked up the final card, she helped the boy up. She then proceeded to stack his dueling cards neatly in the deck they were once in. She looked the top card as the boy preceded to pick up his books and papers.

“Hey wow, you have a Serpent Knight Dragon!" Merisusa said as she handed the young man his deck." Not may duelists have those." The young man stared at her for a while.

"Oh," Merisusa says, feeling very rude. "I'm sorry, my name is Merisusa Hyrabashi, and sorry I was so rude."

The young man replied as he took his deck gratefully. “That’s ok. Not many people would've stopped to do what you did. I'm Rex Raptor."

"I've heard about you." Merisusa said. "Your pretty famous in the
tournaments."

Rex replies, “So you do know me."

Merisusa and Rex begin to walk to their normal scheduled class. They got inside and began to have quite the conversation. When school ended, and everyone was headed home, Rex was walking along, enjoying the fresh breeze and rays of the warm sun shining brightly in the partially clouded sky. He spotted a group of duelists reading what seemed to be a poster on a telephone pole.

To Rex's surprise, Merisusa was there reading as well. She was holding a deck of duel monsters cards in her hand. She began to write on the poster, as the other duelists before her did. Yugi and his friends were also there. Iefuza walked up, in a cool, calm, collective manner. He seemed very cocky and arrogant with that smirk of confidence on his face.

"I hope you know, I am the man you have to beat in a duel. You'd better be careful about dueling me." He warned the other duelists, trying to intimidate them. He glances at Merisusa, "So, a girl is going to have a crack at me? You may as well go back to cooking and wearing dresses kid!!"

Iefuza started laughing. "I don't see what's so funny?" She said in anger. “I am the best duelist where I come from."

"We'll, see...”

“A bit arrogant there pal." Rex interrupted his train of speech.
Iefuza turned and stared at Rex with a cold, unformidable expression with void and empty eyes. It was clear that Iefuza hated to be interrupted.

"What in the hell do you want?" Iefuza asked in an agitated voice.

"To kick your ass," Rex replied. "Why don't you leave her alone before I'm forced to.”

Iefuza laughed as if Rex were telling a humorous joke. As you can imagine, Rex was pretty pissed off by Iefuza's laughter. Rex proceeded to say how important his rank is in duel monsters tournaments. Iefuza seemed unwaivered by this. Rex kept talking on and on about how good of a duelist he was. Iefuza getting more and more agitated with every word Rex spoke.

"Shut up!" Iefuza finally said, "If you’re a good duelist then come with me and we'll duel!"

"Of course," Rex replied arrogantly. *Now we'll see if what Weevil says is true about this guy* Rex thought to himself.

"That Rex, he just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut!" Weevil exclaimed. "He'll get his ass kicked as always."

Merisusa looks peeved at Weevil for a second, and then Joey walks up.

"Hey, what happened here?" Joey asked.

"Hey let's go see them duel!"

"Yeah, let's go!!"

All of the duelists ran off to see Rex and Iefuza duel.

Joey stood there for a minuet, looking confused at first, then he shrugged and followed the crowd, unwary of where his destination will be. Merisusa stood there for a while, with a worried expression on her face.

*Rex....* She thought to her self and then follows the other duelists.
Rex and Iefuza walked to a dark, drab, dimly lit alley, most school children used it as a short cut to many places that were afar from the school and some used it to get home.

Bandit Keith, who had witnessed the commotion among the duelists, headed over with them to check out the action. Rex looked around at his surroundings.

"What's the deal with this place?" Joey asked as he looked around at the familiar alley ways.

"Now, time to duel! I am sure you are familiar with the new type of dueling system Seto Kaiba has prepared for us." Iefuza exclaimed.

"I'm not stupid, I know how it works!" Rex yelled.

"Then let's duel and cut the bullshit!" Iefuza yelled back in reply.

"Fine!"

They dueled, each one on their own path. Everyone was amazed at how they were hit for hit on their cards...Even Bandit Keith was impressed! Rex dueled valiantly, but it was coming down to the final round. The other duelists watched in awe at the lethality of Rex's Two-Headed King Rex, who stomped most of the cards played in the later 1/2 of the duel by Iefuza. All throughout the duel, Iefuza's unmoving, unwavering face was stuck with a content, arrogant smile. It seemed he was enjoying the engagement of the activity.

The dino duelist finally replied after the two stare each other down for quite sometime.

"Your move."

Iefuza's smile formed into a grin. "And this move, you won't like, but before we get too arrogant about it, this duel was riding on a wager."

"WHAT!?!" Rex exclaimed. He had no idea there was any sort of price riding on the victor of the duel.

"If I win, I get to take all of your duel monsters cards, and I get to beat the shit out of you for all of your lame ass remarks you made to me when I told the other duelists they had to duel me. On the other hand, if you win, you get my deck and I will never play duel monsters again." Iefuza wagered.

"What happened to Rex gets to beat the shit outta him?" Joey asked.

"Well, you have 2 creatures left. Your good health relies on those two monsters, but as you first said, it is my turn so I play Stone Ogre Grotto!"

"Go Two-Headed King Rex! Stomp that thing into oblivion," Rex yelled, countering his attack. The Two-Headed King Rex stomped the Stone Ogre Grotto into a million bit of debris and the card was annihilated from the field.

Still, despite the boy’s attack on the Stone Ogre Grotto, Iefuza still preceded to smile his infinite smile.

Rex threw his cards down onto the ground, where they dispersed across the cold, rock surface of the pavement.

"Ok, look, I've been trying to figure this out ever since we started this duel, and I really want to know why the hell you have been smiling so much." Rex exclaimed in anger. He had been frustrated at Iefuza's infinite smile for a while. He hated it. The very solemn ness of it wracked his nerves and it had been suggesting that Iefuza was not even trying, when Rex was, in fact, giving it his all.

“Are you trying to fuck with my mind!?!" Rex asked at the top of his lungs.

"It would be kind of creepy to have a guy smiling at you all of the time in such a serious duel." Bandit Keith said quietly to himself.

"NOW YOU WILL SEE!!" Iefuza yelled. “I PLAY THE GOD OSIRIS!! Now your Two-Headed King Rex is nothing!"

" WHAT!?! OSIRIS???!!!" Rex watched in horror as the mighty God destroyed his Two-Headed King Rex.

"Care to go, it's your turn." Iefuza's voice got calm, as his confidence changed none.Rex had a look of fear and awe. There was a breaking, eerie silence which swept over the duelists. They were speechless, and Iefuza with a smirk of satisfaction, justifying his deeds. They stared wide-eyed as the witness the power and destruction that was Osiris, and the fear and shock, that was Rex Raptor.

"Oh no.." Merisusa said in a frightened, saddened voice. She had finally mustered the courage to speak. "Rex is going to lose you guys..." She trailed off as she stared at the dueling sight with fear and sorrow in her emerald green eyes.

Iefuza finally says with a sadistic, twisted smile. "You know you can't win...I can see the fear in your eyes...You know you've lost."
Rex could not speak; all he could do was stand there, in complete shock at the very sight of Osiris. He wanted to ask him how he obtained such a card, but the words could not force themselves up his trachea.

"Is that a forfeit?" Iefuza said with his hand cuffing his ear, expecting Rex to reply to his demands. Still, Rex said nothing.

"I heard yes!" Iefuza said in great joy at the thought of beating the hell out of the surprised dinosaur duelist. Iefuza looked at all of the other duelists, who were still in shock.Suddenly, he lunged out and hit a surprised duelist upside the head with Kaiba's dueling device. The duelists scattered about and took off running in several directions, trying to avoid Iefuza causing a brawl.

"REX!!" Merisusa cried out amongst the confusion.

"What are you doing!?!" Joey yelled at her. “Do you want to die!?!"

Joey took Merisusa's arm and drags her away.

The next day at school, everyone was talking about the big event in the alley. News had spread rapidly and even the people who knew nothing of duel monsters had heard the news. Merisusa came into class and sat in her usual spot: between Weevil and Bakura. She looked around and saw that there were a few people missing from school that day, she saw that Rex was gone too. School went on as usual and weeks passed, eventually the others who had been caught in the fight showed up, but yet, Rex's seat still remained vacant.

Merisusa turned to Weevil, “Hey Weevil," She asked in a saddened voice.

"What do you want?" Weevil replied as he was writing answers down on his assignment.

"Have you seen Rex lately?" She asked, looking concerned at him.

"No, why would I care about him?" Weevil said haughtily as he finished his assignment.

"I haven't seen Rex in 3 weeks," Bakura implied. “I wonder what happened to him."

"Didn't you hear?" Weevil asked in curiosity "He was in a duel with Iefuza..."

"That new guy?" Bakura asked, cutting Weevil off.

"Yes, he lost the duel and my best guess is, he got the shit beat out of him." Weevil finished his line.

Bakura looked surprised for a while, he then glanced at Iefuza. Iefuza was leaning back in his chair with a deck of duel monsters cards, and he seemed in great glee as he went through them. Merisusa spied the Two-Headed King Rex card and the Serpent Knight Dragon card.

"Hey, those are Rex's cards!!" She said with a shocked look. "Oh
no....Poor Rex." She said as she looked down with sorrow for Rex.
After school was over Merisusa headed down the street to the alley way, the sight of their duel. She looked around. There were some blood piles that have dried due to the wind. She walked out of the other end of the alley way, approaching sunlight. As she turned she saw Rex walking down the side walk.

"Hey Rex! " Merisusa shouted as she saw him, she waved with delightment. Rex took off running around the turn that the sidewalk made.

"Hey come back Rex!!" Merisusa shouted as she ran after him. "Hey!! I need to talk to you!!" Merisusa shouted, hoping Rex would slow down, but it only made Rex's pace go faster.Merisusa continues to follow, determined to catch up with Rex to see what the explanation was for his mysterious disappearance at school. Rex ducked into a selected house. Merisusa was not swayed by it. She ran up to the door and beat on it profusely.

"HEY REX!! LET ME IN!!" She demanded. "WE NEED TO TALK!!"

No answer.

"REX!!"

No answer.

Merisusa saw that a large window was open on the side of the house.

"Damn it, Rex!" She swore. "You're going to talk to me." She managed to squeeze through the window and she eased her way into the house.

There was a type of calm, eerie silence that echoed throughout the house. It seemed that Rex was not there at all, when in fact it seemed he was at the door when she was ordering him to let her in. Merisusa looks around on the bottom floor for Rex, but to no avail. She tried the top floor and continued to look around. She spied a bright room. She opened the door and there was Rex, but it was not the same Rex as she had once known.

Rex sat there, everything was silent. His grief was silent. His head was resting in what seemed to be a thoughtful tilt of the head, but in reality, it was one of deep sorrow. His face was void of emotion and his eyes were empty. His mind was blank and he was too confused with his own feelings to see that Merisusa was behind him. She saw that his arm was in a sling.

"Hi Rex," Merisusa said quietly. Rex turned around and looked at Merisusa. His eyes were locked on her and a look of pain and sorrow that burned deeper than Merisusa could ever reach filled his once empty eyes.

"Everyone misses you at school." Merisusa told the sorrowful Rex.
" I'm sorry," Rex said, barley above a whisper. It had been the first words he had spoken in the past three weeks and the look Merisusa gave forced a smile to his lips. Her face sparkled with the love she felt. She cared for Rex.

"Why weren't you at school, today, Rex?" Merisusa asked Rex.

" Dead. I am dead. I'm dead in my mind and soul. I go through my day as a zombie. I talk to no one. Death was a comforting thought. I think about its grip taking hold of me and giving me peace of mind. I always wake up, empty and disappointed. That's all I am. A disappointment. " Rex said, with a deeply disturbed look on his face.

"Don't say that Rex, it's not true" Merisusa encouraged and comforted the broken duelist.

She was in front of Rex. Rex still didn't see her. She was dead to him.
Just a shadow of someone he once knew.

“I’m dead. Iefuza killed me. He grabbed the very thread of joy and
meaning in my life and savagely ripped them in two, leaving me nothing but a house that offered no comfort. I know I would see him in hell, and that thought brings a smile to my face. Hell couldn't be any worse then here. It could only be the same. I would be able to see the real Iefuza. I would be able to see his face, twisted in an antagonizing scream of pain as the fire ate at his skin and charred his broken bones. I would be able to see the fear, pain, and any other emotion he could've felt from taking away my life...my joy...my meaning...to duel. I would be able to watch that for all eternity and I would like it. “Rex stated vindictively.

“I am here for you," Merisusa said.

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly with a pained look on her face. Her eyes swarm around behind the tears in their emerald beauty.

"I've tried so hard and I've accomplished so much, for what? For a title? What do I have to show for my efforts? Nothing. There is no point in trying anymore. There is nothing to try for." Rex said in doubt, he was certain that by taking away his dueling cards, his life was gone and his soul had been broken.

"Me," she whispered. “I can help you, Rex."

"Duelist. What does that word mean? Someone who plays with duel monsters cards, someone who duels?" Rex asks mindlessly. Rex was very upset and Merisusa was trying very hard to help him. But it seems as if Rex had lost all hope. His soul had been beyond repair.

"When I lost the duel, I felt pain. It wasn't just a physical hurt. It was a deep emotional hurt that ran into the very depths of my being, but not just because of him. Because the fact that no one helped me and no one cared." Rex replied with a lost and empty look.

"But I tried, and Joey drug me away." Merisusa protested, but it was as if Rex wasn't even in this dimension, but one of his own. He sat there, in his zombie-like state, staring, as if he were seeing though Merisusa and nothing was in the room. But still, he kept his gaze on her. She existed, but then again, she didn't.

All of those peaceful days they had spent, talking of duel monsters and tournaments, no more. He changed Rex. Rex hated him with that very broken soul and it consumed his every thought. Merisusa had to do something. She had to restore Rex's honor.

“I’ll get your cards back," She demanded. She would mend his broken soul.

Merisusa left the lifeless Rex, to drown in his own sorrows; for there was nothing further she could do. Rex's state was too critical for her to do anything at the moment. She began walking down the street. She spotted Bandit Keith, who had also witnessed the horrific duel in the alley way.

“I haven't seen that punk Raptor around, wonder if that guy killed him?" He muttered as Merisusa walked by.

This caught her attention so she turned 1/2 way and watched Bandit Keith walk casually away. She made a face of hatred and anger, but not for Bandit Keith, for Iefuza. She would beat him in a duel with Rex's cards on the line, but it would be more then that, it would be for the soul of a once great duelist. A duelist who was reduced to a lifeless hull, because of a man who knew Rex could not have won. What a bastard he was!

The next day at Domino High School, everything was going as usual. During lunch period, Merisusa found one of Kaiba's new dueling systems in the trash, it was the one that Rex had. It must have gotten knocked off when he engaged in combat against Iefuza.

Iefuza, it was him. Merisusa made an angry face at the dueling system. It was Iefuza who left Rex battered, broken and bruised. No pride. No honor.

He took away the only thing Rex lived for.....to duel.
Merisusa tried it on and put a card inside of it. It still worked. Tristan was walking by the alley and saw Merisusa by herself.

"Hey," Tristan replied. “What’s a pretty girl like you doing in a dismal place like this?"

“I’m going to duel Iefuza," Merisusa said with a smile on her face.

She walks up to Tristan. "Do you know where he is?"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Tristan asked. He knew Iefuza possessed the mighty God, Osiris.

"Positive, I have to." Merisusa protested. "The soul of a friend depends on it."

Merisusa walks past Tristan, who looks back, amazed that she still had the will to fight a man who possessed one of the rarest duel monsters cards! What determination!

The girl walked around with the dueling contraption, locked to her arm, looking intently for Iefuza. She finally spotted him; he was looking through his duel monsters cards. By this time his steadily growing deck had acquired many cards.

"How many spirits did you crush to get those?" Merisusa asked Iefuza coldly.

"Huh?" Iefuza turns and stares at Merisusa, who is wearing the dueling contraption. "So you came back for more, huh?"

"I came to challenge you to a duel, but this is a duel with circumstances. MY circumstances." Merisusa said with a determined look.

"Let's duel then, we'll go to the alley and when I'm done with you, you'll be transformed back to the weak, defenseless girl you are. Only known for your beauty as you once were." Iefuza boasted.

"You speak in complex terms, for someone who is such a bastard." Merisusa snapped back at him.

"If I win, you give back all of the duelists cards you beat out of them. I fight for the honor of the other duelists, on behalf of them; I will avenge their tattered souls." Merisusa proceeded to say.

At the alley, the other duelists were back and anticipating the action about to be unleashed on their drab, cold, dark dueling turf.

"Time to duel!" They both said at the same time.

“I start off with the Rude Kaiser!! "Merisusa said with fiery determination. The duel had begun. What a duel this would be!
Rex, was walking down the street, that same street in which the alley was. The very street Merisusa found him in when she came to comfort him. Rex saw the commotion and headed over to see why the duelists were huddled so intently.

Rex stood on the outskirts of the crowd. He peered through whatever whole he could find. When he got a good view he saw Merisusa and her duel monster. It was a fusion!! It was Gaia, The Dragon Champion!! The duel had been going on for 2 hours. Merisusa clearly had the edge on Iefuza.

"Time to end this duel!" Iefuza said. "First I play this magic card, it is called Final Destiny, we each discard 5 cards from our hand and destroy all monsters on the field. Now I play the mighty Osiris!"

A smile of satisfaction comes across Merisusa's face. "I play Obelisk!!"

Obelisk destroys Osiris, but Iefuza pulls out another Osiris card.

"WHAT!?!" Merisusa exclaims. "How do you have 2 god cards!?!" She asked in surprise.

"I'd like to know how you even got one!" Iefuza replied back.

"My father is an Egyptologist, he found it in a tomb of one of the dead pharaohs. He also found a few others you might like." Merisusa said with a confident smile. "But tell me how you acquired multiple god cards."

"My father was a Rare Hunter, he gave me some of the cards he had before his death." Iefuza replied.

"A Rare Hunter?" Merisusa exclaimed in bewilderment.

Iefuza told her, "Now, I'll dark hole your God away. I play the Red Eyes Black Dragon."

"Enough Games! I play Exodia!" Merisusa replied as she assembles all 5 pieces.

Exodia comes fourth from the pentagram and obliterated the Red Eyes.

"WHAT!?! EXODIA!!" Iefuza replied in shock. His face with a look of deep-set fear.

"This duel is over, Iefuza." Merisusa said. "You must give back those cards."

"No, your game is over." Iefuza stated. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at Merisusa. "I live by the rules of a Rare Hunter and a Rare Hunter always gets what he desires...BRGLAH!"

Iefuza froze, and was unable to move. A large broken stick was protruding through his chest. Shock raced across the duelists, like an enigma, consuming them. They dared not to speak.

"Not today pal," A calm, collective voice said with an invitation to Iefuza's death. Iefuza's face twisted in torment as he fell to the ground. As he fell, the face of the one who had slain him was revealed. Rex? It was Rex, no wonder the silence was so intense. Rex had slain Iefuza. He took his deck from Iefuza's pocket.

Revenge. Rex had the revenge he so wanted. Peace. He had peace knowing that Iefuza was dead. Rex was patient and he would be patient until the day he saw Iefuza's face in hell again.

Iefuza took his last breath as he laid there, blood spilling on the ground. Covering it with its red essence. He opened his mouth to speak his last word, but all that came out was a puddle of blood. The duel was over, and a duelist has fallen, never to rise again.



TBC