Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cadaverous Asylum ❯ Cadaverous Asylum ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cadaverous Asylum

A scary tale by: Amanda Leighton& Mr. Bailey

Mordecai!! Susan yells.

Her cat paid no attention, and continued running down the dark street toward the hill at the end of the block. The cat slipped through a pair of wrought iron gates, which guarded the decrepit Shady Acres Mental Asylum from UN welcome visitors. Urban legend held that the institution had been closed 30 years ago, when the head doctor, a Dr. Leventhal, was accused of torching the patients with electroshocks and experimental "nightmare therapy". Dr. Leventhal had never been brought to justice, having disappeared shortly before his trial, but well after his institution had been closed down and it's doors locked forever- forever that is until today.

Susan pushed on the Iron Gate to the grounds. It whined and protested, flaking rust from the hinges dropped to the dusty earth, but the gate slowly creaked open enough to allow Susan to squeeze by. Once past the gate, Susan had a chance to see the entire abandoned mental institution.

The building, a gloomy place that may have been nice looking at atone time now looked gray, forlorn, looked old and decrepit. Susan notices the stairs to the concrete temple. Susan then heard some eerie music playing and saw what looked like a graveyard of numerous car and medical parts. Susan looked around the lifeless Asylum.

She broke her stare at the forlorn looking building and approached it. The crumbling steps were more solid than they looked, and Mordecai was perched serenely at the top of the stairs, perilous inches from the door that led inside. One of the double doors swung loosely open, inviting the cat inside. As Susan crept slowly up the stairs, she whispered

"Mordecai… Morty…come here, Morty…" and the cat took a step, then toward her, before turning, looking back over its shoulder (almost smiling) and entering the building.

Mordecai! Susan shouted in frustration. She ran up the stairs to the door and peered inside from the threshold. What she saw stunned her. The inside of the building was even more terrifying then the outside.

A long marble staircase, with the looks of a temple and very few lights actually worked. Several doors were locked, except one with a gold eye on it. Where the man in the room was sitting in his room his bed had a dark canopy draping over it, the man had bright red eyes black hair with red streaks and blond bangs that outlined his face all his hair was spiked up, the man was real trim and buff. Susan didn't pay real attention to the man who would save her life later on.

(Voice form in Susan's head her alter ego chimes in.)"Young one something does not seem right here, you should be careful, do you want me to take over?"

(Responds to her alter ego in her mind so no one can here them talking. Amelia is showing her transparent form that only Susan can see.)" No Amelia I have it under control.

"You sure Susan?"

"Yes Amelia I am sure."

" Well as long as you are all right I'll check in later, see ya."

"See you later Amelia." (Amelia leaves Susan alone)

She climbed the marble staircase. Halfway up, she put her right hand on the long, dusty banister for balance, and it collapsed, teerting slowly, then splintering and breaking in two halves, which shattered on the hard foyer floor. Susan pressed herself against the opposite wall and continued upstairs.

"Mordecai.. Mordecai.. come out come out wherever you are…"

Susan thought to herself about to herself about buying a dog next time. They were so much more loyal, and even were trainable, so they didn't go running off into abonded into mental hospitals and getting their owners killed by God-knows what. At the second floor landing, Susan looked down a long hallway. Moonlight streamed through a few windows, enough barely illumate the dirty cracked white tiles that lined the floor and wall of the hallway, enough to show Susan that no cat was worth this.

As she was about to turn around, a car's headlights flashed into the building as the car made a right turn outside and continued down the street toward Susan's house. In the brief time that the headlights shone in through the dilapididated windows, Susan caught a glimpse of the sign bolted to the first door on the left. It read "Shock Treatment". It was the only open door in the hallway. Against her better judgment, she pushed the door open.

Mordecai was atop a gurney, straddling the shrouded chest of a figure covered by a single sheet of white bed linen turned a dusty grayish- yellow with age. A single filtering, flickering light bulb

"Thoughts who paid the electric bills on this old place?" (Amelia places her transparent hands are placed on Susan's shoulders Amelia still remain invisible.)

"I was just thinking the same thing Susan it looks like an old tomb and it smells like it to." (Amelia leaves Susan alone.), cast a spastic light over the room. All types and colors of wires of wires led from a hideous looking machine to the gurney, where they disappeared under the sheet. "Morty, come here Morty.. be a good kitty.." Susan whispered. The cat moved toward Susan, and leapt down from the figure, but as it did so, its claws caught on the sheet and pulled it off the shrouded figure. Susan was trans fixed by what she saw, too terrified to even move, let alone run.

She heard footsteps in the distance, but she still stayed frozen at the site of the hideous figure. While a door was shut in the background and loud footsteps were heard down the hall (the man discussed earlier is near by, and just to tell you the young looking man is The Grim Reaper.). The man sees Susan and another phantom like figure(Amelia this man can see other spirits.) fr0ozen in fear of the grotesque cadaver-like figure. Susan gasps when the dead doctor say's Susan's name and the figure stirred. The red-eyed man appears near Susan and looked at her with his gaze, which snapped her out of the trance she was in, the red-eyed man says nothing to Susan but looks at her right in the eyes.

And now the figure on the table began to rustle and stir. It rose up from it's prone position like a solider doing a slow military sit-up, then sung its rotten legs from the padded gurney onto the cold slick floor Alligator clips and wires snapped off the cadaver, pulling pieces of dead flesh with them. For the first time Susan noticed that there was a nametag hanging from the shredded and burnt lab coat the corpse wore. Barely legible on the melted plastic name badge was the name or Dr. Alexander T. Leventhal. The doctor whose tourcer had turned this place into a house of horrors had been here all these years. He must have snuck back into this place and hooked himself up to his own shock treatment machine! Had he committed suicide after the disgrace of having his name slandered in all the papers? Did the loss of his ability to practice of losing all hope to commit himself to die by the same method he used to treat his insane patients?

The doctor emitted an exaltation of stale air, and the room began to stink like the inside of a tomb. Mordecai hissed and the hackles on his backed jumped to life as he spat at the reanimated corpse on the gurney. He was then bounding by Susan, taking marble steps three at a time and down to the center of the floor to the main floor but the cat remains on the bottom floor of the God-for saken place. Encouraged by her cat, Susan found the strength to run thought every fiber in her body told her that this was an impossibility that she wasn't even here, that the dead do not rise, that thing on the table was now gaining an unsteady footing now coming toward Susan with his arms outstretched arms and rank breath that stank of swears and decomposing flesh.

"Susan, Mordecai take cover I will take care of the deranged doctor, (a scythe appears in The Grim Reaper' s left hand, the right remained free.)

" You are not even human are you?" Susan and Amelia say to the Grim Reaper.

" Don't worry I will take care of the doctor you two find a safe place to hide." He picked up the cat in his right hand. He places the cat in her hands. She nods to the red eyed and went up to the only room with the door open, the Grim Reaper's bed room like the room I explained earlier This door seamed to be initials G. A.R

"Wonder what those initials mean?"

"Probably that hot guy's initials(Amelia thinks the Grim Reaper is hot.)."

Susan turns to see a t.v. that could see the room the red-eyed man was in, the red-eyed man and the cadaver were staring, each other down, they began to fight almost instantly. The red-eyed man had what looked like a third eye on the center of his forhead, he rasied his scythe and eviscerated the cadaver then the rotten cropse of the cadaver then was on on the ground not moving was scattered on the floor.

"Oblivion" The red-eyed shouted when he raised his left hand, was raised in front of the doctors body before he left a strong energy wave came out from his hand. After that the red-eyed man's third eye disappeared. He walked in to the room where Susan, The cat, and Amelia(Amelia still remains in her transparent form but can be seen.)

"He is strong and cute (makes a purring sound)."

"I heard that I think that is a good thing Amelia right?"
" Oh he is smart to yes my name is Amelia." (She disappears leaving Susan, the cat and this strange man.)

"Susan let's get you home my little sister! Just call me Angelous I just want to get out of this prison and go home. The cat is in Angelou's arms he seems to have taking a liking to Angelous. They reach Susan's home, Mom the two teen-agers say at once.

THE END or is it…