Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 18: Wedding ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: This chapter is really short and doesn't have much dialogue to it. I tried to make it a little longer, but... That obviously failed.

Disclaimer: If you still think that I own Yu-Gi-Oh by this point in the story, then that's a sad sad thing. I do own all OC's in this story and the plot.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T- H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 18: Wedding

An entire year and a month has passed since Ryou and Tama’s wedding and many things have changed. The two English-accented young adults now own the house they have been living in instead of it belonging to Ryou’s dad. Yume, Bakura, and Yasu still live with them.

Suma and Yasu are both one-year-old and Ryou and Tama’s daughter, Amane Gin Bakura, is only 3 months. Yume is pregnant with her and Bakura’s second child and is due in two months in October.

Sometime during the year Joey and Mai finally married, despite Mai’s argument about the age difference. Poor Mai is pregnant with triplets and is due next month, although everyone is sure they’ll be early.

Malik now has a job at the museum as a guide for the Egyptian section and he also helps ‘escort’ people out. Ashling is going to a small Veterinarian school in the area and works part time at an animal clinic and has another part-time job at the Animal Shelter with Joey. Yume, Bakura, Marik, and Yami have discovered the joys of the computer and occasionally help Seto out with testing Duel Monster duel disks and other things. Yugi now owns the game shop and due to an agreement with Kiba and Kojiro, the name has been changed to ‘Muto Game Shop’. The outside has been repainted by the yami’s, hikari’s, Joey, Serenity, Mokuba, and Ashling, although it’s believed they got more paint on themselves than the building because of the paint war Ashling and Malik started. During the time they were painting, Sugoroku is inside watching over his ‘grandchildren’.

Mokuba has begun his first year of high school while Serenity, who has been on an accelerated program, is on her last year of high school despite only being seventeen.

Besides the Key and the Necklace choosing their new owners, the Scales and Eye have returned. Marik has the scales while Bakura has the Eye, although he refuses point-blank to use it in replace of one of his own eyes. The object has seemingly noticed this and allows Bakura to use it’s powers sparingly.

Joey is having no problems with the Key, but Serenity is still having trouble with the almost random visions she receives from the Necklace. She has been spending time with Ishizu throughout the year to help control when she receives a vision.

The last major thing that has happened it Malik and Ashling’s engagement. They easily get everything planned out but run into one major problem- where to have it. All of Ashling’s family and her school friends like in America while Malik’s family and the others live in Domino. It’s actually Mokuba who comes up with a solution by blackmailing Seto into flying their group over to America. The CEO gives in after his younger brother gets Tama and Serenity in on his plot.

This is why everyone except Tama, Ryou, Bakura, and Yume are loaded in Seto’s infamous Blue-Eyes White Dragon jet. The two pairs of hikari and yami have chosen to stay behind to watch the kids and because Tama and Ryou feel Amane is too young to travel.

Ashling is incredibly nervous about how her family and friends reactions will go when meeting the Domino group. She’s especially worried about her grandmother’s reaction. To help ease her anxiety, she’s trying to focus all her attention on the lilac and gold scarf she’s knitting. When Ashling isn’t knitting she is absent-mindedly stroking Allan’s soft furry head.

“Hey rich boy,” Joey suddenly calls out. “Are we dere yet?”

Seto grits his teeth and decides to ignore the blonde duelist.

“Joey, please don’t.” Serenity says softly. “He’s the one driving this jet. Do you really want to annoy him?”

Joey falls silent. “Yeah, you’re right.”

Mai looks thoughtfully at the fashion oriented magazine she’s looking at. “You know what? I’m hungry. I could really go for some pizza and peanut butter right now.”

Everyone within hearing distance sweat drops and then prays that they will soon be arriving.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Ashling happily steps out of the small airport and looks around at all the cars. The others soon follow with their luggage.

“Hey Tama, how are we getting to your house anyway?” Joey asks. “There’s a bunch of us.”

Ashling just smiles. “I did call in some help before we left Domino City. They should be here any-”

-Honk! Honk!-

“-time.”

Malik almost groans in exasperation when Damian’s eye-catching silver-flamed purple truck comes into view with several cars behind him.

Damian comes to a stop in front of them and rolls down the window. “Hey ya’ll! Toss yer stuff into the back and then pick a car! Holly’s driving the blue van and can take five or six, Riley’s got the yellow car and can take three, and my truck can fit three.” The now entirely purple haired boy says happily.

The group from Domino City quickly put their things into the back of Damian’s truck and after a little arguing they arrange themselves into the cars and are then off to the Phoenix home.

Yugi, Yami, Malik, Marik, Ishizu, and Ashling are in the blue van with Holly, although it may not have been the best idea in the world to put Holly and Marik in the same car. Duke (who Ashling gets along with pretty well), Seto, and Mokuba get into Damian’s truck which leaves Serenity, Joey, and Mai to ride in Riley’s yellow car that replaced her VW Bug after ‘the incident’ and has been affectionately nicknamed the ‘banana car’ by Damian.

It’s a little over a half hour drive from the small airport to Ashling’s home, especially since they made a pit stop for fried chicken for Ashling, Mai, Joey, Damian, and Mokuba. When they finally get there they all sigh with relief and get out of whatever car they had been in.

Mrs. Phoenix and Cheyenne come out of the house and Ashling quickly introduces her mom and sister to the people they haven’t met yet. The group of fifteen then splits into smaller groups led by either Ashling, Damian, or Mrs. Phoenix and are given a tour of the house.

Everyone’s stuff is taken to Ashling’s large room, which is where everyone will be staying, much to several people’s displeasure.

Riley and Damian leave once everyone is settled in, Riley having homework to complete and Damian still needing to go over some stuff for Kiba. Holly stays, wanting to spend time with Marik.

Joey, Mai, Ishizu, and Mrs. Phoenix are in the kitchen. Joey is making Mai a snack while the three women chat. Seto is sitting outside with Serenity and Mokuba. The black-haired boy is playing with the Phoenix’s four dogs- Goldie the golden retriever, Dixie the beagle, Raven the black lab, and Daisy a large fluffy brown and white Husky puppy. Ashling and Malik are giving Duke, Yugi, and Yami a tour of the property. Yami appears to be fascinated by the river and the small sandy-colored fish that live in it.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

So far everything has gone just fine. Despite the few problems with overcrowding, there have been no major arguments or problems. Even Marik has been behaving himself and hasn’t caused any problems. That may just be because of all the time he’s been spending with Holly though.

The big day soon arrives and Yume was right when she said Ashling would be just as nervous as Tama was for her wedding. If possible, the 19-year-old is even more nervous than her “cousin-in-law”.

Riley, Holly, and Serenity as well as Riley’s 8-year-old cousin Meghan are trying their best to clam her down and aren’t succeeding very well. Allan is also in the room, but he’s really not helping matters. But when he begins to grow annoyed with the blonde girl he finally snaps, “Lass, if he hasn’t run away from you by now then he most likely isn’t going to run away! Where’s the confidence I know you have?”

Ashling pauses in the middle of her pacing, her simple off-white short-sleeved dress barely brushing the ground. A look of disbelief momentary crosses her face and she turns to look at the flame-point Himalayan cat. A small smile then crosses her face. “Thank you, Allan.”

Riley and Holly exchange confused glances and Serenity just smiles, thankful that Ashling’s First Guardian has managed to say something to calm her down.

Just as Mokuba had retrieved Tama for her wedding, he now does the same for Ashling. He also gives Meghan the basket of flower petals.

Riley smiles at Ashling and smoothes out her light golden colored dress. “You ready, Ash?”

Ashling scratches Allan behind the ears and then turns toward her friends. “Yeah, I’m ready.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Ashling and Malik have a short honeymoon at Virginia Beach, as both of them have duties to attend to back at Domino City. The rest of the group from Domino leaves the day after the wedding, although Marik chooses to wait for his hikari and new “sister-in-law”. Upon discovering this, Holly invites him to stay at her house so that the three Phoenix family members can have some peace.

Ashling, Malik, Marik, Allan, and, to everyone’s surprise, Holly, head to Domino City on Seto’s jet two weeks later. Holly happily bounces in her seat, alternating between looking out the window and happily chatting with the others on the jet, especially Marik.

Upon arriving in Domino, Marik takes Holly to their home, which is beginning to grow quite crowded, Malik takes off to the museum for work, and Ashling gets a ride from Mokuba in the limo to the zoo to check up on her Second Guardian.

And so the days pass…

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O -F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Shiro: Well, I just posted a chapter the other day, and I'm running a little low on time at the moment, so this'll be pretty quick. I'm hoping I'll get alot of the next chapter typed up over the next two days. I'm actually writing the last chapter, but decided to skip writing out the 19th one.

NEXT CHAPTER- Chapter 19: Twins
Ashling's overdue chat with Mai and then the tiger Silverfang. Bakura, Marik, and Yami's advice to Malik. Problems await Malik and Ashling.