Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom Park ❯ Cherry Blossom Park ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note: I was very, very bored, and I had Writer's Block. This is my first Yu-Gi-Oh fanfiction, and my first fluff…my first POINTLESS fluff. Flame me, give me C&C, comment me, praise me, I don't care. I made this up as I went, so you might not get the plot. Eh… What plot? I needed to get this out of my head, and I absolutely HATE the poem I made up. Take it! *hides face in shame*

Summary: Yugi and friends gather at a cherry blossom park… [ONE-SHOT]

Warnings: None, except for no plot ahead. -_-U Watch out for grammar mistakes.

Cherry Blossom Park

By Sugomi

Yugi tapped a pencil against his desk as he worked over an essay paper. Well, it wasn't a real homework essay paper; Yugi was just bored and wanted to write something. Unfortunately, Writer's Block was on him, so he just stared at the paper. Just staring.

The phone rang loudly beside him, causing the small boy to topple out of his chair in surprise. Rubbing his bottom, Yugi casually picked up the phone and held it to his ear.

"This is Yugi Motou speaking." He stated.

"Hiya! It's Jou!" The cheerful voice of Jounouchi greeted his ear. "You sound bored."

"Of course." Yugi said. "It's a Sunday, which means the game shop is closed, and I have Writer's Block. I'm not sure what everybody else is doing, so I didn't call anyone."

"Eh?" Jounouchi questioned. "Well, I'm here now. I was just calling to see if you wanted to go to the park with the gang. You know, act like a couple of six-year-olds again."

Yugi giggled. "Yeah, sure. Why not? I'm bored out of my mind."

"Great! We'll meet you there at two." Jou hung up.

Yugi set the phone back to its place on the desk, smiling. At least he wasn't going to be bored anymore. He could play ball, act young, and get away with it with his puppy-dog eyes. He placed a hand over his Millennium Puzzle, sending a mental note to the spirit inside it.

/Hey, Yami! I'm going over to the park with the gang. Want to come along?/ Yugi asked his yami.

//Alright, Aibou.// Yami replied. //Of course I will.//

Yugi smiled. He put on a jacket, for it was a bit chilly outside. The gang was a bit distant lately, he could tell, because of school and personal affairs. Luckily, Jou had called to have a get-along at the park. Everyone could catch up on each other. Everything was going to be just fine with him and his friends.

Lately, Yugi had been obsessed with poems. Each inspiration made him want to write them all down, but Writer's Block was picking on him a lot. His poems didn't rhyme, and that's how he liked them. The tri-colored boy picked up his notebook with his pencil, and headed to the gathering area.

The sky was blue with small clouds scattered here and there. People walked down the streets, some chatting to each other and some just quiet. Cars drove past the people with swiftness, not disturbing the city peace. Yugi liked this city because of its peaceful people and buildings, but sometimes all that quietness was driving him crazy. New fads caused to the town to become more noisy and busy, but soon, people treated it like an almost everyday thing.

Yugi stopped his musing when he reached the park. It wasn't small, yet not too large for a feeling of loneliness. He saw most of his friends already there, laughing and talking to each other.

Jou raised his head and saw his small friend. "Hey Yugi! Over here!" Honda, Anzu, and even Seto were there. Mokuba was standing by his big brother's side, laughing along. Yugi grinned and ran over to them.

"It's been a long time since we've had a little meeting like this." Yugi said, emotion in his voice. "Who's idea was this?" Jou rubbed his head, embarrassed.

"Well, uh…"

Honda came up behind Jou, hugging his from behind. "Aw… Little Jou is just too flattered to say anything." Jou made a mock glare to his pointy haired friend.

"Hey! You teasin' me?" He half-heartedly yelled. Everyone knew they were just teasing each other.

"Duh. You just noticed that?" Honda grinned.

"Why, YOU." Jou grabbed Honda's head and gave him a noogie. "Hah!"

Anzu and Mokuba laughed. Yugi giggled. It HAS been a while since they were like this if they were so amused by the two friend's behavior. Seto curved the ends of his mouth, which was probably the closest he was going to give for a smile.

Everyone soon started to open up more. Yugi smiled again. It felt great to smile, especially when he was with his friends. He took out his notebook, watching the cherry trees and their falling leaves. The trees in the park were always beautiful; always making sure whoever was in the park felt welcomed and calm. He closed his eyes, letting his mind free. His hand was already tracing the invisible words on the paper for a new poem.

Yugi opened his eyes after a moment, relaxed. He was on his back, but his head was tilted to the right, toward a lone swing. The swing in the park was loosely moved by the small winds. Yugi realized someone was pushing the swing back and forth when he saw a pair of feet touch the ground. Standing up, he began to walk over to the area.

//Ne, Aibou… Where are you going? I was beginning to enjoy that.// Yami's 'voice' interrupted.

/The swing./ Yugi replied.

//Ah. Want me to push you?//

/It's okay. There's someone already there./

Yugi continued to walk toward the swing, and saw white hair being blown by the faint winds. "Ryou?" His presence must not have been noticed before since the brown-eyed boy jerked his head up. He relaxed after seeing that it was Yugi.

"Hello, Yugi." Ryou greeted him quietly.

"Did Jou call you too?" Yugi asked, his eyes scanning the boy for any new injuries.

"I'm not sure." The white-haired boy answered. "I couldn't get it the phone call."

Yugi felt the pull of magic when Yami appeared beside him. The ex-Pharaoh laid a reassuring hand on Ryou's shoulder.

"Your yami isn't too bad now, is he?" He asked.

"No, I guess not, but sometimes he goes back to his…old ways." Ryou responded, rubbing his left arm. Apparently that was one place Bakura had hit him.

Yugi smiled, trying to make his friend feel better. "Don't take any of what he says seriously, okay, Ryou? He's just a jerk who can't face his problems by thinking them out."

Ryou smiled back, showing a bit of humor in his eyes. "Alright."

After that short, quiet chat ended, Yugi decided to walk around the park. Yami stayed in his physical form, wanting to look at the scenery. Egypt was mostly sand and dry back then, so there were not many trees. One look around him, and the spirit made the park his favorite place to be in Domino City, aside from wherever his hikari was.

Yugi walked beside him, snuggling a bit next to him. Part of him hoped Yami didn't notice; yet another part did. There was a faint blush across his face. Yugi really liked his Yami, even though he was a part of him - almost. He headed over to a large tree trunk and sat down. The notebook was already open, and his hand was gripping the pencil. This day had given him a large inspiration.

Yami peeked over his light's shoulder, looking at what he wrote. With one eyebrow raised, the ex-Pharaoh sat behind him and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's neck, his eyes closed. Both were silent with the exception of lead scraping against paper. The faint voices of their other friends could be heard. The lonely swing was empty; Ryou was gone to wherever he was.

The sound from Yugi's paper stopped. Yami opened his eyes, seeing what his aibou wrote. Yugi looked at him, smiling softly.

Love Cherry Blossom Park

As you walk in the park

The cherry blossom park

The pink leaves flutter around

Landing in your hair

The sun reflects

Against the glossy cover

I am beside you

Loving you

You take my hand

And look into my eyes

Saying that they are the most beautiful ones you have seen

It doesn't matter

You're all I need

Beside me

Loving me

In the cherry blossom park

Author's Note: I hate me. Review and share your comments.