Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi For A Day ❯ Part Nine: Escape ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings: Nakkie Ryou, Bakura + Ryou hinting (okay, so it's bluntly, not hinting), Yami + Yugi hinting, Yami Bakura angst, OOCness, Kaiba + Joey hints, I think that's about it. Mischievous Yami Yugi?



ChibiQuatre Muse: Spyder no own.



Part Nine Escape



"Yugi! Bakura just took off his clothes!" Mokuba called from the kitchen.

"He doesn't like wearing them." Yami Bakura mumbled when everyone looked at him for the answer to his hikari's insaneness. "Don't look at me! I liked wearing clothes as a kid! It protected me from burning!" He rolled his eyes then got up to go redress his light. As he passed Yugi he looked at him. "Do you have any duct tape?" He wondered, but then shook his head, "Never mind." He went into the kitchen.

"Ryou, as much as I like you with your clothes off, put them on." Yami Bakura looked at the little boy then raised an eyebrow; "I said that out loud didn't I?" He sweatdropped when Yami Yugi burst into a fit of laughter and Yugi smiled and nodded. "Shut up pharaoh, I've seen the way you look at your light, it's not exactly innocent, now is it?" Yami Bakura hissed and that shut Yami up, which made Yugi look at him.

Whistling non-innocently, Yami left the kitchen, Yugi following him to ask him a question.

Yami Bakura sat down on the kitchen floor and pulled Ryou to him as he grabbed the discarded shirt. Ryou struggled to get away from him. "But they is uncomfwotable!" The child whined as the shirt was forced over his head.

"I don't care! When someone mentions this to you when you're back to normal, you'll never forgive me." Yami Bakura growled as he pulled the shorts on the small boy as well. "There, now keep them on."

Ryou stood up and turned around so he was facing Yami Bakura. "I'll always fo'give you 'Ami." The boy said softly, then gave Yami Bakura a quick hug before running out of the room yelling "Yugi! Yugi! Yugi!" really fast.

Yami Bakura sighed and shook his head, then smiled at his light.

"I've never seen you smile before. I didn't even think ya could." A voice interrupted him and Yami Bakura looked back, remembering the youngest Kaiba brat.

"Yeah well, don't mention this to anyone, got that? Or I'll send you so far into the Shadow Realm that nobody will be able to find you." Yami Bakura threatened and he was satisfied when he heard Mokuba gulp. He got up and went into the living room.

Ryou had tackled Yugi and was now sitting on his stomach, looking down at the slightly taller boy. He gently poked at Yugi's nose. "Is you alive?" His pale finger tapped Yugi's nose again and the boy didn't move. Yami Bakura peeked over Ryou's shoulder to see that Yugi had his eyes closed. Ryou turned his big brown eyes on his yami. "I think I killed him!" He exclaimed.

Yami Bakura snorted. "Good." He mumbled and walked toward the couch that Kaiba had made up. But he received a sharp kick in the shin. "Ow! Who the hell-?" He turned around and saw that Ryou had climbed off of Yugi, who was still playing dead, and was now glaring up at Yami Bakura with his arms crossed.

"You mean!" Ryou hissed.

Yami Bakura blinked, unable to believe that this was his hikari. Ryou never stood up to him, even though he knew he wouldn't be hurt anymore. Finally, he remembered the chibi staring at him. He knelt down, "Yeah, so?" He growled back.

"Meany-head!" Ryou stated but then screamed as something grabbed him around his middle. He landed back with a soft 'oof' then looked up and saw that he was sitting in Yugi's lap. "Yous is alive! I didn't killed you!" He squealed and wrapped his arms around Yugi's neck. "Batuwa's bein' mean ta me." The little boy whined.

"Bakura's mean to everyone." Yami mumbled under his breath, but stopped as Ryou turned a glare on him. "You're one mixed up brat, you know that?" Yami looked at the little monster in his light's arms. "One second you're telling Bakura that you hate him, next you're stickin' up for him. Make up your mind!" He said exasperated.

"Hey, don't call my hikari a brat Pharaoh!" Yami Bakura looked at Yami. "Only /I'm/ allowed to call him that!"

"What a privilege." Yami rolled his eyes. "I don't know how he can stand you after all you've done to him. He's lucky we're here right now, who knows what you'd do to the child now that he's completely defenseless." Yami snarled.

Yami Bakura actually looked hurt, but Yami didn't see that since he had looked away. "That's in the past, Ryou's forgiven me." He said, no malice in his voice. To Yugi, it actually sounded a little scared.

"Sure he has. Do you know this for sure?" Yami growled. "Maybe he only said he forgave you because he was too afraid to say other wise."

"Hey Yami, back off a little." Joey tried to intervene, but Yami shoved him aside with a glare.

"You never should have been woken from the Ring. I wish Bakura had never found you. It would have saved him a lot of pain." Yami finished and sat on the couch.

Everyone was quiet and looked at Yami Bakura. Surprisingly, he didn't look that angry, though he did look slightly annoyed. "I'm still making it up to him, and I don't see how any of this is your business anyway. I know Ryou is your friend and all, but what's between him and me, is between him and me."

"That's it! You two need a time out!" Tea's voice suddenly yelled from the stairs, startling everyone in the room. "I was peacefully sleeping this morning until I heard a scream." She glared at Yami Bakura, "Then I heard someone yell 'Bakura' really loudly, but I let that pass. And the scream, that came a few minutes ago I let that pass too, but this is giving me a headache! We still have a few more days to go, alright?" She stomped down the stairs and grabbed a hold of Yami Bakura's ear and pulled.

"Ow!" Yami Bakura whined out of character.

Yami snickered.

"Oh, don't think you're too all high and mighty." Tea grabbed Yami by the ear as well and dragged them both into the kitchen where Mokuba watched in amusement. "You sit here." She shoved Yami Bakura into one corner of the room. "And you sit here." She shoved Yami into the farthest corner from Yami Bakura. "And you're both going to sit there until you can get along, got it? Good." She hissed and went back into the living room.

"Somehow, I have the feeling that we annoy her." Yami said dryly as he stared at the wall.

Yami Bakura crossed his arms. "Oh, you felt that too huh?" He mumbled as he stared at his side of the wall.

"Hey Yugi, who's the kid?" Tea asked as she looked down at her friend who was holding the child.

"It's Bak. . .err, Ryou, how could you not notice the hair?" Yugi wondered.

"So that's what Bakura looked like when he was a kid. Kinda cute." Tea shrugged.

Ryou's eyes widened, "DON'T CALL ME CUTE!" He yelled loudly, startling Tea and making her jump back.

"O. . .okay, I won't." She said then looked around, "Where's Tristan?" She wondered. "Has he changed back yet?"

"Yeah. . .you were a chibi, so you wouldn't remember." Joey cut in.

"I was a chibi?" She sounded surprised. "I guess it makes sense. . .I had this dream where I was sitting beside Yami Bakura and throwing peas and Yami." She shrugged.

"It was you!" The pharaoh's voice echoed from the kitchen as he had heard Tea's dream.

Yami Bakura was heard laughing. "Oh man, you thought it was me." He continued to laugh.

"That's not funny." Yami mumbled in a monotone.

"You just have no sense of humour." Yami Bakura replied.

Yami had stared to say something back, but Mokuba interrupted. "Uh, guys? I think the point of being in separate corners is to stop you from fighting. Besides, one of the rules of being sent to the corner is not to talk." He pointed out.

There was mumbling from one corner and cursing from the other, then everything grew silent.

"Well, I'm going to go home guys." Tea said, "I need a shower and I need to study. If you need help call me, and I'll see whoever makes it to school tomorrow." She smiled and left the house.

Everyone was silent for a few moments, then Yami's voice was heard. "Do we still have to sit here?" He asked.

"Yes!" Joey yelled before finding something to do.

A half and hour later, Yami Bakura and Yami were still sitting in the kitchen, though Yami had opted to lay down and stare at the ceiling in his boredom with his legs up and his feet crossed against the wall. Yami Bakura sat glaring at the wall, thinking of how to get revenge on that stupid girl and the pharaoh all at the same time.

However he never got far in his musings, for he was interrupted when a small body crawled into his lap and stared at the wall too.

Yami Bakura looked down at Ryou. "What are you doing?" He asked gruffly, a little annoyed at still sitting in the corner, as if he were some.child.

"Missed you." Ryou replied as he yawned and leaned his head against his yami's chest, not put off by his yami's rough behaviour at all. "And all Joey and Yugi is doing is pwaying Duel Monsta's. Mokaba's watching cawtoons and Kaiba's twying to fix his compooter and twying to wook at Joey at the same time."

"I knew something was up between those two." Yami suddenly spoke up.

Yami Bakura snorted. "Ya think all those dog names are just-" He laughed "- /pet/ names?"

Yami laughed too, "That explains it." He nodded, getting onto his knees. He slowly crawled across the floor, peeking once into the living room to make sure nobody was watching, then he made his way over to Yami Bakura's corner. "Let's say we get outta here." He grinned evilly.

"Yami? Disobeying orders? What is the world coming to?" Yami Bakura wondered as he unconsciously locked his fingers with the little boy's.

This time Yami snorted. "You forget, I was a pharaoh, and I was a kid too. Don't think I didn't cause my parents or the guards problems."

There was a glint in Yami Bakura's eyes. "Oh, I seem to remember a few times."

"Yes well. . .shall we?" Yami raised an eyebrow.

Yami Bakura looked down at Ryou, who nodded excitedly. "I guess that's a yes." He said and together the two got to their feet, Ryou in Yami Bakura's arms.





Um, about the 'pet names'. I remember someone asking me about it. You know couples call each other names? Like sugar, honey, sweetcakes and ucky things like that? *L* Yes well, they are called 'pet names'. But in Kaiba and Joey's case they really are PET names!