Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Waters ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shamise here. Just to let you people know. I am posting this story for a friend of mine on FF.net. I have her permission to do so, and if you don't believe me then you can ask her. We will be sharing an account on mediaminer.
Hello this is gecko grl 2 back with another story. I hope that you like this one.
This is an alternate universe fanfic, so everything might be alittle different. I'm sry if I make Yami and Yugi out of character, but I haven't read the manga or watched the anime, so this is all going off of what I read in fanfiction.
I don't really have any warnings, but there will be people getting beat up, bleeding, ect. But I will rate it teen just in case.
This is a brother fic, so there will not be any yyxy parings. Please don't ask me to change it to that because I won't. I have nothing agianst you yyxy fans, but I will not write it.
Summary: Yugi parents died during a flash storm while the were out on the ocean. A few years later, Yugi is now 15, he had ran away from the orphanage and is now hiding at an aquatic research facility. Not really the best place since he is deathly scared of open water, but it would be the last place anyone would think to look for him.
He never truly recovered from the day his parents died, and he wishes with all his heart to have a famlily that wouldn' t leave him. But little did he know that his wish would be granted by the most unlikly creature.
Well I hope that you enjoy my latest story, plz read and review.
Chapter 1
Crystal Waters
By: Gecko grl 2
Prologue
You turn the corner and enter a large room. The walls are white with silver and purple trimmings. Pictures are hung everywhere; they show a variety of things, all of them dealing with sea life. There is a window at the far end of the room. It is open, letting in the breeze and showing the crystal blue cove that resided outside.
Right next to the window, an old lady sat in a rocking chair. She was positioned to where she coud easily see out the window, yet she could also face the group of children sitting infront of her. The children are sitting quietly, seeming to be waiting for somtehing. Some of them are curiously looking at the paintings that cover the wall, the ones you saw earlier, while others are looking out of the window wondering what the lady is watching.
You are curious as to why all these people are sitting here so you step further in to the room gaining the attention of the elderly lady in the rocking chair. She turns her eyes from the scene outside the window and faces you. A smile grows on her wrinkled face and her eyes shin with happyness.
"Hello. Are you here to listen to the story? Come sit with the others while I decide where to begin." She says to you.
'So that is what they are doing in here.' You think to youself. A question pops into your head and without thinking, you voice it.
"Who are you?" You ask.
The lady is still smiling as she replies, "I shall tell you my name when the story is over. Do you want to hear the story?"
Noding your head you walk over to an open spot on the floor and sit down, immitating the other people you see. The lady is once again looking out her window and you finally get a good look at her.
She has tan skin with few blemishes even in her old age. Her long white hair is pulled into a pony tail and long bangs frame her face. She has sea green eyes that are so bold you wonder if they are contacts. She is wearing a light blue shirt and tan colored pants. A interestingly designed blanket covered her lower body and a silver chained necklace eith a single shinning pearl adorned her neck.
She continues to look out the window and you let your eyes wander over to a medium sized picture which hung on the wall close to the open window. It depicted a cove, probably the one ouside, with water splashing against the rocks. The sky was showing a sunrise, with all the gorgeous colores playing across the water. But the most spectacular thing in the picture was two teens.
The picture was showing them from the side, giving a perfect profile; both of them were male, with the same tri-colored hair and both sporting a shinning tail instead of legs, the color matching their eyes. The most noticable difference between them was their eyes, one was a sharp crimson, somhow softened, giving him a protective look; while the other had gentle amethyst eyes, showing compassion and kindness.
"I'm going to tell you a story about a boy. Trying to find a family in a world that didn't seem to want him. Little did he know, that the family he wanted so badly would come to him, in the form of a creature that belonged to myth and farytale.
"And this is where the story began."
Chapter 1
The night started out normal, a family taking a break out on the ocean, watching the sun set and the stars come out.
A small boy, no older than seven or eight, was watching sun set with his parents. The small family sailboat bobbed up and down gently with each wave that passes by. The sun's waning light danced across the blue and white waves while the stars were just beginning to wake from their slumber. The shoreline was just a thin brown streak on the horizon and the few palm trees had been reduced to the size of a toothpick.
The boy and his parents were currently putting a one hundred piece puzzle together as they reclined on the boat's deck. The parents smiled at their child's apparent fascination with trying to put a puzzle together without any reference. His amythyst eyes shining with triumph every time he put another piece in its place, reveling the hidden picture.
They knew that their son was in love with games and even with his young age he showed the making of a games master. Challenging him with different puzzles and games had become a tradition and the entire family enjoyed it. When their son had solved every puzzle and beat every game that they gave him, they had developed a new hobby for trying to find at least one game that would be challenging for him to beat, and so far their search had turned up nothing.
The boy's preferences leaned more towards the puzzles, card games, and stratigic games than anything else. He could figure his way around almost any obsticle and any stratigie, no matter if he has seen it before or not.
The setting sun gave off just enough light to see by. The boy's graceful mother was helping him with the puzzle, her blond hair cascading over her slender shoulders and her purlpe eyes refelcting her son's enjoyment. She was a graceful woman, a person of gentle character and always thought before she acted.
His father sat next to the boy, watching the puzzle being put together and giving advice every now and then. He was a dignified man with short reddish black hair and hazel eyes that were more calculating than carefree, but they still had some compassion for those who deserved it.
The boy was almost done with his puzzle, his amethyst colored eyes shining with happyness and determination. His star shaped hair shot up in the air with gravity defying spikes eddged in crimson, and his lightening blond bangs framing his cerubic face.
He was slightly shorter that other kids his age and he wasn't very good at sports. Instead of participating in athletic activities, he would imerse himself in games of all kinds. His hair, which strangly enough was natural, made it hard for him to be inconspicuous and it drawed alot of attention to him from the bullies, yet he would still be one of those background people.
Off in the distance, the opposite side of the setting sun, angry black and purple clouds began to form. Silently, like a predator stalking its prey, the ominous clouds crept towards the small unsuspecting sailboat and its occupants. The wind began to pick up and the water became restless. The seagulls and other sea life, sensing the approaching storm, scattered and headed for shelter.
All of this went unnoticed by the family in the boat. They had finished the puzzle and were currently curled up underneath a thick blanket, watching the stars come out. The young boy was almost asleep as he listened to waves gently lapping against the side of the boat and his mother's gentle lullaby. His amethyst eyes were half lidded in sleep as his mother gently ran her finger through his hair. Soon enough, the boy was fast asleep, curled up comfortably against his parents. His mother was leaning against his father, whose arm was wrapped around her shoulders.
His parents smiled at their little angel as he slept. This was their only child and they were proud of him, their little Game King, their little Yugi. They couldn't wait to see what kind of man he would grow up to be.
The black clouds were approaching faster now and the waves were starting to through fits. All the sea life was gone and the stars were steadily being swallowed by the approaching storm. The sun had almost disappeared and the boats automatic lights turned on.
The two adults were brought out of their thoughts when a wave crashed into their small boat. Immediately coming to life, they checked to make sure that their son's life jacket was fastened tightly before they went to get their own.
As soon as their hands left their son's life jacket a larger wave than before slammed into the opposite side of the boat, sending the family crashing to the floor. Yugi woke with a start as he found himself on the floor of the deck and his parents scrambling around trying to tie things down. His wide amethyst eyes froze on the sight of the ominous black and purple clouds that were quickly approaching. He dimly heard his parents' frantic words about a flash storm and needing to tie things down.
The wind whipped through the air, catching the sail and forcing the boat to tip precariously to the side. The occupants of the boat desperately reached for anything that would keep them from falling into the ocean's murky depths. The waves became fierce and they crashed into and over the small boat, sweeping away anything that wasn't tied down.
“Yugi!!!” His parents yelled, trying to find out where their son was. Lightening flashed and the resulting thunder drowned out any noise except for the angry waves and fierce winds. Rain began to beat mercilessly out of the sky, making it even harder for the humans to see.
Yugi was trying so hard to stay on the boat; his small body and lack of strength were both factors against him as the rain beat down. He barely heard his parents calling his name and he tried to see through the curtain of rain. Lightening illuminated the sky once again and Yugi saw that his parents were at the other side of the boat.
Scared and frightened of the knife like waves that were constantly crashing into the side of the boat, he tried to make it to where his parents were. Somehow, he knew that if he could get to his parents he would be alright.
A rather large wave began to rise and approach the defenseless sailboat. Lightening crackled across the sky, illuminating the angry sea and the deadly wave that was fast approaching, which completely went unnoticed by the people on the boat.
The wave crashed headlong into the boat sweeping over the deck and almost submerging it. Yugi was swept across the deck, his hands grabbing desperately at anything to stop his decent to the ocean. Right as he was about to be swept off the side of the deck, his right hand collided with the rail. He quickly grasped onto the only thing that would keep him from being swallowed by the hungry waves.
He coughed as the sea water tried to force its way into his mouth and nose. The water from the last wave had barley receded before another one crashed onto the deck. Yugi tried to keep his hold on the railing as the waves and wind tossed this small boat back and forth, trying furiously to prevent the ocean from swallowing him up and taking him away from his parents.
“YUGI!!!!!” His head shot up as his mother once again screamed his name. She was on the other side of the boat, one hand holding onto a rail while the other was holding onto an orange life jacket. She and Yugi's father were trying to make their way towards Yugi when everything tumbled down.
Lightening snaked through the sky, finally deciding on a target. In what appeared to be slow motion it lanced toward the broken sail, its bright light temporarily blinding Yugi and making him see spots. His vision cleared and he saw the look of pure terror on his parents' faces. The lightening struck the top of the sail and time resumed.
Crack! BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
The force of the thunder and the electrical charge that ran throughout the boat forced Yugi's hand from its semi-secure hold on the rail, sending him crashing into the waves. The dark foamy water closed over his head and, even with the life jacket, the current dragged him down.
He panicked, trying desperately to reach the surface. Air, he needed air. His eyes were wide open but all he saw was the dark foamy water and flashes of light that appeared above him. His lungs burned as he desperately swam in the direction he thought the surface was.
At the last second he broke through the surface, gasping for air and trying to stay afloat among the angry waves. His small body was tiring extremely fast and he was relying heavily on his orange life jacket as he was tossed around.
BOOoooommmm!…
The thunder split the air particles apart as the sound traveled through the waves and his small body. His mind was a panicking mess as another wave towered above him.
He got one last look at the demolished, burning boat and that look of horror on his parents' faces, before the towering wave crashed down on him, sending him into cold, wet, darkness.
To be continued...