Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Wish ❯ Crash Bang Boom! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Holy crap! Chaki thought as she wound her way quickly through the crowds and away from what she had just seen. How could we be here?
 
After last night, anything's possible. another part of her head told her.
 
But still! Why here of all places?
 
Chaki was so distracted that she didn't bother to pay attention to where she was going, and smashed right into someone. The object she had hidden behind her laptop fell out and hit the ground.
 
“Watch where you're going,” the person she had slammed into snapped, but Chaki was too busy concerning over the object to even acknowledge their existence.
 
“Delete data?” A cool, digital female voice came out of the object. “Data delete confirmed. Data deleting…” the machine paused, making some mechanical noises as it cleared out all the data. “Data delete process completed.”
 
“Crap!” Chaki set her laptop down next to it and pulled out a wire to connect them. Then she promptly booted up her laptop and began to re-download the data, despite the fact that she was sitting in the middle of a crowd.
 
“Is that a duel disc?” the person asked, still glaring down at her.
 
“Yes, but I improved its technology. I added on a holographic screen with access to a full card database. It also holds the scores, every move, and an overhead view of the current duel, and keeps personal information about the owner such as their deck, their wins and losses, and a record of every person they've ever dueled with it. I even customized the look. It's a much better prototype than your old one, Kaiba.” Chaki said, all while installing the data. She smirked at the thought of the look on his face when he realized she knew who he was without even looking.
 
“I never knew one of my little fan girls could be so smart,” Kaiba said, smirking as well.
 
“I am not one of your fan girls,” Chaki said, glaring up at him, “and don't even think about taking my prototype! I designed it for my personal use only!”
 
“Well…since I'm feeling nice today, I'll give your three options. You can either give me the duel disc, come work for me, or prepare to be sued. And trust me, no one will be on your side in that case.”
 
“When do I start?” Chaki asked, choosing the option that allowed her to keep her duel disc and make money instead of loosing it.
 
“14:00 (2:00 A.M.) tomorrow. And don't be late.”
 
“I won't,” Chaki said, adding a memo to her laptop, then picking it and her duel disc up and walking away.
 
“Wait. What's your name?” Kaiba asked.
 
“Chaki Takeshi.” Chaki said, turning back.
 
“Well, Miss Takeshi, try to come up with a different design before tomorrow,” he said, hinting especially at the big pink rose that replaced the life point counter.
 
“Ok,” Chaki said, walking away and thinking of a new image to replace the rose and a color that went as well with black as pink. (the main part of her duel disc was black)
 
 
 
“You what?!?” Chaki shouted, pulling out her trans-dimensional axe (really big, but can be stuffed in her pocket) and swinging it at Ashley and Hannah's heads.
 
“We were only joking!” Hannah said, ducking along with Ashley.
 
“And besides, we don't even know this kid. What's so important about him, anyways?” Ashley added.
 
Never do that again!!!” Chaki shouted, ignoring Ashley's reasoning and chasing them both around the parlor room, swinging her axe at them several times.
 
“If you three don't stop running around, you're going to eat pancake batter for breakfast!” Jeni shouted from the kitchen, frustrated at how their running kept shaking the counter and messing up her water measurements.
 
 
It was the following morning. Hannah, Ashley, and Jeni, after having found some money in their pockets, had bought a box of pancake mix for the next morning. They had gotten home to Chaki so late that they were too tired to talk then, so now they had just been catching up on their afternoons.
 
 
Chaki, being hungry and all, reluctantly put her axe back in her pocket and sat down on the regular couch.
 
Hannah and Ashley, however, started fighting over the poof couch, the one they had brought down from Hannah's room. When Ashley was settled down on top of Hannah (by way of biting), she began interrogating Chaki about her afternoon.
 
“So, what was the highlight of your afternoon?” she asked.
 
“Getting a job.” Chaki said automatically. She didn't want anyone else finding out about where they were.
 
“What job?” Hannah asked.
 
“I now work for a big gaming company called Kaiba Corp.” Chaki said, saying what she knew from the past, not getting the job.
 
“How did you get it?”
 
“I bumped into the company's president.” Chaki meant this both figuratively and literally.
 
“Male or female?” Ashley asked, keeping the conversation going.
 
“Male,” Chaki said, hoping it wasn't going where she thought it was.
 
“Is he hot?” Ashley asked.
 
Eew no! That's disgusting!” Chaki shouted, trying to resist the temptation to take out her trans-dimensional axe again. “Though lots of girls think so…” She shuttered at the thought.
 
“So he's hot!” Ashley said, completely ignoring Chaki's first comment.
 
Chaki rolled her eyes, then looked at her watch.”8:45 already?!? I've gotta get going!” she said, running up to her room.
 
Ashley and Hannah looked at each other, then decided they didn't want to know and turned on the T.V.
 
In a few minutes, Chaki came back wearing a short blue plaid skirt and a matching plaid top, and carrying a backpack (and, of course, her laptop and dueldisc).
 
“Is that your uniform?!?” Hannah asked, wondering if Chaki's boss was perverted as hers.
 
“If you mean for work, no…” Chaki said, trying to keep Ashley from commenting.
 
“Then what's it for?” Ashley asked, not putting two and two together (Hannah and Jeni weren't either).
 
Chaki rolled her eyes and stormed off.
 
“Whatever,” Ashley said, turning back to the T.V.
 
“But you didn't have any-” Jeni began as Chaki passed the kitchen, but Chaki was already out the door before she could finish.
 
Jeni shook her head in dismay, then carried two plates of pancakes into the parlor room. As she set them in front of Ashley and Hannah, she said, “Aren't you two supposed to be at work in 5 minutes?”
 
After a moment of sleepy thought, Ashley and Hannah realized what Jeni had just said, and ran up to their rooms for their uniforms. They were out the door in two seconds flat.
 
“But you didn't have any-” Jeni whined, but they were already almost a block away.
 
Jeni couldn't find any containers to store the pancakes in, so she stacked them all up on one plate and began to chow down.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
 
“I wonder where Chaki went,” Ashley thought out loud, after she and Hannah had slowed down to a power-walk.
 
“We'll probably find out this afternoon,” Hannah said, concentrating more on getting to Burger World on time.
 
“Yea,” Ashley said. When Burger World came into sight, she set off at a full sprint.
 
“Hey! Wait up!” Hannah shouted, trying to keep up with her, but Ashley was a little track girl, so she easily kept several feet before Hannah.
 
The two girls went charging straight for the glass doors in the front. They were push doors, and in the girls' minds, they were unlocked.
 
Slam! Ashley rammed into the doors, which were, sadly, locked.
 
Hannah screeched to a halt just in time, seeing that Ashley hadn't been able to go through.
 
“What's up? Why didn't you get through the door?” Hannah asked.
 
“It's locked!”
 
“You mean, he's not here yet?”
 
“I don't think so. Let's go check around back, just in case he forgot to unlock this entrance or something.”
 
The two girls went around the building to the back, where they found a small employee parking lot, a dumpster, and the door they were looking for. This too was locked.
 
He's late?!?” Ashley asked, rather annoyed.
 
Just then, a car pulled into the lot.
 
“Sorry I'm late, girls!” their boss said, stepping out of the car.
 
Both Ashley and Hannah were extremely ticked off and confused, but they didn't say anything.
 
“So, are you ready to start your training?”
 
“Yes sir!” Ashley muttered, while Hannah muttered “Whatever.”
 
 
 
<Inserted Author Note>
 
Ok, so this is a big jump…9 AM to 2 PM (or whatever time)…but I don't feel like writing Ashley and Hannah's training session, and Jeni's day was boring.
 
<\Inserted Author Note>
 
It was 1:45 P.M., and Chaki was already heading towards the Kaiba Corp. Headquarters (as you can tell, she's the highly ambitious type who has to be on time for everything- even certain classes). She was almost to the building when she was obstructed by an overly large group of giggling girls, led by the giggliest of all, a senior (in high school) with short black hair, dark eyes, and dark skin. Since she was stuck behind them, she caught on to some of what they were saying, and realized the scary truth about it: it was all about Kaiba.
 
Oh my God!!! He is, like, sooooooo hot!!!” the leader said, giggling scarily and squeezing the hand of her friend behind her.
 
“He has such beautiful eyes!” a girl agreed.
 
“And he looks so mature!” another girl piped in.
 
Chaki had to stifle a laugh at this. Mature?!? Like he's ever been mature for a day in his entire life! she thought, sickened by these ridiculous girls.
 
Then something strange happened. All the girls fell completely silent. A wave of quiet giggles passed through them, as they intently watched an approaching person.
 
Kaiba. The first thing that came to Chaki's mind was to hide. She definitely didn't want to be seen with his fan club, because no matter what she said, he'd keep insisting she was part of it. She dove into a nearby bush and watched through the branches to see when he was in the building and she was safe from humiliation.
 
A small clack acknowledged the fact that he had dropped something. As soon as he was past the spot, the fan club moved as one being to the fallen item, the leader at the head.
 
“It's a pen!” the fan club leader whispered, holding the Kaiba Corp. pen up high for the entire group to see.
 
“I think we should return it,” one of the girls said, “though it would make a nice addition to our collection…”
 
“She's right. Though it did touch his precious hands, there's no use in keeping it. After all, he just wrote with it,” another girl reasoned.
 
“Good point,” the leader said, then turned around, taking a deep breath as she got up the courage to talk to him. The entire group moved as one being again, running to catch up to him.
 
“Excuse me, but I think you dropped this,” the leader said, holding out the pen and blushing like mad.
 
He took it, then grunted a “thanks” before turning around and moving on.
 
The leader turned back to the group, all of whom were giggling their heads off.
 
Oh my God! Did you see that?!? He was looking straight at me!” she said, giggling scarily again.
 
“He's so polite!” another girl chimed in.
 
“And guess what? He actually touched me!” the leader said, a huge smile on her face. She passed the touch around to all the other girls.
 
A collective sigh passed through as they all swooned and fainted.
 
As soon as Kaiba had entered the building, Chaki climbed out of the bushes. She nearly stepped on his fan club, which was lying in a giant lump on the ground with ridiculous smiles on their faces. She rolled her eyes when she noticed them, stepping around them before heading into the building for her first day of work.
 
<Inserted Note>
 
Chaki's workday is another thing I don't feel like writing about. Plus, it's taking way too much time to write this chapter. I've figured out something to write about Jeni, so I'll just write that instead.
 
<\Inserted Note>
 
 
 
Jeni wandered down the streets, trying to find the supermarket that they had gone to the day before. Unfortunately, Jeni had no sense of direction, and it took her at least an hour to find it. By the time she had bought the groceries and was heading home, it was well into the afternoon, and the streets were crowded with people heading home from work. She had no idea what direction to go in.
 
It was the third time she passed the funny-looking game shop when she realized she was lost. She decided to stop in the shop and ask the owner if he knew where her house was…after all, a mansion is pretty hard to miss in Japan…
 
She pushed the door open, ringing the bell attached to it. She walked embarrassedly to the counter, and stood there until she saw an old man come into sight, busying himself with the games and toys he sold. She was slightly shocked by his minimal height and his spiky gray hair covered with a bandana, but she quickly got past that.
 
“Excuse me, sir?” Jeni said sort of quietly.
 
“What can I do for you?” the old man said, coming over to the counter where she stood.
 
“I was wondering…do you know how to get to the mansion from here? You know, old-fashioned one with the tower…” she asked him, hoping he would know the direction of her house.
 
“You mean, you're not here to buy anything?” the man asked in dismay.
 
Jeni sighed. “Well, I suppose I could buy something…” she said, pulling some money out of her pocket. She looked at a list of things he had taped to the counter and spotted a name that interested her. “Can I have a monster reborn?” she requested, wondering if that was some new game or something.
 
“Are you sure you don't want anything else?”
 
“I'm sure,” she said, nodding. She put the money on the counter and waited for him to get the merchandise for her.
 
Just then, the bell on the door rang again, announcing a new arrival.
 
Jeni turned to see who it was. It was one of the boys from the previous day, the one Ashley and Hannah had been picking on.
 
“I'm home, Grandpa!” he called, taking his shoes off at the door and heading across the shop. When he saw Jeni, he stopped dead in his tracks.
 
Jeni stood there, staring at him, until she burst out saying, “I'm sorry for what my friends did!”
 
“Why were they so mean to Anzu?” he asked, very protective of his friend.
 
“I guess they just didn't like her,” Jeni asked, hoping he wouldn't blame them for not liking her. She was a little afraid of what was coming next.
 
Thankfully, she was spared further conversation by the old man coming out again. “Here you go! One monster reborn!” he said, handing her a card then counting out the money on the counter.
 
“Thank you,” Jeni said, taking it and examining it. It was the size of a normal playing card, with a picture of a purple magic jewel in a fancy silver holder on it, below which was the lettering saying `Monster Reborn' and had a circle with the word `Spell' in it. She wondered what all this meant, and wondered how a card could bring a monster back from the dead.
 
“You play Duel Monsters?” the boy asked, looking at the card she was holding.
 
“Duel…Monsters?” she asked, wondering what this was.
 
The boy looked at her as if she was crazy, seeing as she was holding a card in her hand, yet had no idea what the game was.
 
“I thought you could only duel with swords and other weapons. How do you use a monster to duel? And how do you bring a monster from the dead using a card?” Jeni was bubbling with questions.
 
“Duel Monsters is a card game. It comes from America. You don't actually duel; you `summon' monsters by drawing the monster cards out of your deck and bringing them to the field. You use Monster Reborn to get a monster from the graveyard.”
 
Jeni was incredibly confused by this, but she nodded as if she had a clue what he was saying and pocketed the card. She took her change off the counter, then, remembering what she was originally there for, turned back to the boy. “Hey, do you by any chance know where the mansion is? You know, the big old house with the tower…”
 
“I think I remember seeing it…” he said, going to the door of the shop with Jeni. “I'm pretty sure you go that way…two or three streets down…” he pointed straight out of the shop but slightly to the left.
 
“Thanks!” Jeni said, waving him goodbye as she set off to her house.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
“I'm hungry. What's for dinner?” was the first thing Jeni heard when she came in the door.
 
“Instant ramen.”
 
Why?” Ashley asked, looking up from her book as Jeni entered the kitchen and unloaded the groceries.
 
“Because that's the cheapest thing I could find.” Jeni said, annoyed that Ashley was already complaining.
 
Ashley sighed. “I wonder when we get our paycheck,” she thought out loud.
 
“Next month. Didn't you pay any attention?” Hannah said, looking up from her book.
 
“No.”
 
“Figures.”
 
Both girls went back to their books as Jeni boiled some water.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
Jeni had just declared the ramen ready when Chaki came back.
 
“Where were you?” Ashley asked, putting her book down and pulling a ramen cup towards her.
 
“Work.” Chaki said, sitting down in the empty chair and beginning to eat.
 
“Before that.”
 
Chaki decided to tell them. “School,” she said, between mouthfuls.
 
School?” Hannah asked. “Ok, this place is getting weirder and weirder.”
 
“Actually it's not that weird,” Ashley reasoned. “Most cities have schools.”
 
Hannah rolled her eyes and went back to eating.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
Chaki sat in her room, doing random things on her computer, when she heard a knock at the door.
 
“Come in,” she said, minimizing most of the stuff she had up.
 
It was Ashley and Hannah. “We were wondering…could you enroll us in the school?” Hannah asked.
 
“Yea. I mean, sure school's boring, but it beats serving burgers all day with a pervert boss.” Ashley agreed.
 
“Ok. But first, I'll need you to sign a few things.” Chaki said, taking out a stack of paper an inch thick and handing them each a pen. “Sign here…and here…and here…” she said, pointing to various blanks on the first paper.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
“Last page! Sign here…and here…and here…oh, and don't forget, down at the bottom here!” Chaki said, still cheerful even though it was 12:00 at night.
 
“Lesson of the day: never underestimate the amount of paper in a short stack.” Hannah moaned, scribbling the last signatures messily.
 
Now can you enroll us?” Ashley said, annoyed at Chaki for making them sign so many papers.
 
Chaki smirked. “I already did! Before you signed the papers!” she said, a cheesy smile on her face.
 
Ashley and Hannah looked at each other, registering what she had just said. Once it sunk in, they attacked.
 
“Can't you two take a joke?!?” Chaki said, trying to fight them off.
 
When Ashley and Hannah had stopped attacking, Chaki handed them each a uniform identical to hers. “Here. This is what you wear to school. Be sure to be there by 9:00 sharp! You're on your own!” She pushed Ashley and Hannah out of her room, closing the door behind them and getting back to her computer.
 
“Whatever. I'm getting to bed. Wake me for school.” Ashley said, trudging into her room where she threw her uniform on her desk and curled up on the poofcouch.
 
“Fine.” Hannah said. She went into her own room, where she hung up her uniform, set the convenient alarm clock for 8:00, and climbed onto the two stacked mattresses that served as a bed.