Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dancing In The Snow ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Dancing in the Snow Chapter One:

Both have been so caught up in their own lives that they don’t notice Christmas quickly approaching. Yugi was buried in his school studies in America while Yami was in Egypt, working on a project. Both haven’t seen each other for nearly six years and neither really noticed the holidays approaching.

Yugi looked out his apartment window, glancing down at the small flakes of falling snow, which was slowly covering the hardened ground below. The sidewalks were bare, not filled with the usual hurry of people and for once it was quiet. He tapped his pencil against the white crisp sheet of paper sitting before him. Then he sighed slowly, his eyes gazing out at nothing in particular.

‘Yami..’ he thought sadly, wondering who the former pharaoh was doing out in Egypt. In his last letter, Yami had written that he was doing good and couldn’t wait to come back to America for a few weeks to see him and some old friends. Yugi looked back down at the paper which still had nothing written on it and he pushed back the small chair, the legs scrapping against the hard wood floor.

He walked slowly out of the room, grabbing his coat from the back of the couch and shrugged it on. Then he walked out of the apartment, shutting the door behind with a quiet click of the door locking. The other apartments were brightly decorated with different items for Christmas, he could smell cookies baking in ovens, and hear Christmas music playing. There were only two more days until Christmas and everyone was finishing things up.

He walked downstairs and the doorman held open the door for him. Yugi gave a nod and when he walked by the small man, slipped two tens into the man’s collar. The short man with short brown hair gave a smile and called out thanks to Yugi. He nodded and continued out into the slow falling snow.

He reached into a hidden pocket inside the coat and pulled out a hair tie. His hair no longer stood up like lighting bolts, now it hung past his shoulders, red, blonde, and black mixing together. He gathered his hair together and pulled the tie over it to hold it together.

A snow flake fell and landed on his long eyelash. He smiled and looked to the stores that were shining with colored lights and Christmas songs playing softly or slightly loud. He glanced up towards the sky and sighed, wondering how Yami was doing at this very minute.

-+-

Yami stared to his right as the plane took off. It would be nearly sixteen hours before he got to see his aibou again and he wished he could be there soon instead of slightly late. He sighed and let his thoughts wander, wandering to his other half.

He was awoken hours later to the old lady next to him. She gave a smile and he heard the pilot say that they were nearing the airport now. He nodded his thanks to her and reached above his head, his fingers brushing against his small paper bag. He tipped it slightly and it fell into his lap. The lady raised an eyebrow and smiled at him again. He pulled the staple off that was holding it closed and reached inside. He pulled out a small cookie wrapped up with a tiny bow and a bell tied onto the end. He lightly tapped her elbow and she looked over at him. He handed her the cookie and gave a wide smile to her. She nodded and took it from his fingers.

“Thank you,” she whispered, glancing up at him and he saw tears gathering in her eyes. He nodded and leaned over to give her a hug.

“I wish you a merry Christmas and I hope things will go your liking or may your wishes come true.” he stuttered at first, not able to find the right words. But she didn’t mind as she patted his cheek and squeezed his hand with her other hand.

The plane landed and everyone stood and gathered their bags above their heads. Yami followed the lady out into the airport and she left his side, giving him one last pat and smile. He nodded towards her retreating form and hurried to the airport gift shop. Inside the small shop, many things stared at him. He smiled happily as he gathered up six items and went to the register to pay for them. The cashier smiled quietly at him as she rung up his stuff. He could tell she was tired.

“Have a good evening and Merry Christmas, sir.” she said. Yami nodded and reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. He glanced up to find she had turned her back towards him. He opened up the wallet and pulled out a twenty.

“Miss,” he said and she turned around. He smiled as he handed her the bill and hurried out of the shop. She stared down in her hand to find the bill really there. Then she glanced up and shouted out,

“Thank you sir!”

He nodded and hurried out into the cold and falling snow.

-+-

Yugi slipped back into his apartment and found messages awaiting him. He shrugged off the snow covered coat and pressed the PLAY button. There were several messages from Tea, Joey, and Tristan. The last one was from Yami.

“Yugi, aibou, I am near to you. I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and I have a surprise for you. It’ll be there soon, I promise.” Yugi smiled as the message ended. The doorbell then rang and he wondered,

‘Who could that be at this time?’ He walked to the door and opened it. To his surprise stood a familiar face, covered with snow. Both smiled widely and Yugi welcomed his other half into the small apartment. Yami shut the door behind him and instantly gathered his aibou into his arms and planted a kiss upon the younger man’s lips.

“Merry Christmas, Yugi.” Yami whispered.