Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Days of Pain ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sakura: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.
Yugi: But she does own this story.
Sakura: How do you do that?
Yugi: Finish your sentences?
Sakura: Yeah.
Yugi: I am just a figment of your twisted imagination. In truth I'm not really here.
Sakura: I knew that…
Yugi: You did? You don't act like it.
Sakura: Humph. Excuse me? I don't act like what?
Yugi: Heh heh… ::gulp:: …Uh, you don't act like the lady that you are.
Sakura: I knew that! I am sorta tomboyish, huh?
Yugi: Sorta? How about a lot? You dress like a boy, you act like a boy, you've never kissed anyone…
Sakura: Don't tell everyone that!!
Yugi: Why not?
Sakura: Because you're embarrassing me and making the disclaimer longer than it should be!
Yugi: Okay, whatever. We'll settle this later.
Sakura: Really? Why?
Yugi: Because you have to stay here and write the fic! I don't know what's going to happen so I can't tell the nice people who have the patience to actually read this whole fic and this long disclaimer!!!!
Sakura: Uh, okay. Sorry. Don't forget Yami is Bakura's Yami, not Yugi's. Now…

"Speaking."
'Thoughts.'
/Bakura to Yami/
//Yami to Bakura//

~~Dark Days of Pain~~

~~~Chapter 3

Yami grinned recklessly, not knowing that his counterpart did the same. He slid the sharp knife out from where he had hidden in his sleeve and gripped the handle tightly in his hand. Now there was nothing that could stop him.

He slinked down the stairs and looked around the corner, seeing that his victim was only feet away. He must wait for the right time to strike…

"Téa, you're still ice cold," Yugi said. "Let me make you some hot cocoa." He got up and started to walk to the kitchen.

Bakura heard Yugi through the dark fuzziness he was experiencing from pain and loss of blood. It was still not enough to kill him, but a few more swipes from the knife should do the trick…

Then Bakura realized that Yugi getting cocoa for Téa meant Yugi would have to come into the kitchen. Bakura's mind rushed. 'What am I gonna do…? All this blood, Yugi would be blind not to notice, and where am I going to go? What if he sees the knife missing? What if…' Frantically Bakura tried pulling the knife across his wrist faster, but in his pain he missed his wrist over and over without realizing it, ripping the bloody butter knife through the air at an alarming speed.

Then he ran to the refrigerator and hid next to it. He left a trail of blood leading to him, still not enough blood for Bakura to die but enough for him to feel every drop that left his body. As Bakura just stood there, trying to become the refrigerator, he saw the trail of blood, then Yugi walking into the kitchen. 'Oh, shucks…'

Yugi immediately saw the blood and saw the track leading next to the refrigerator. He knew who it was before even looking; Téa had told him the story about what had happened at the park and he just put two and two together.

"Bakura! Are you alright? What have you done?!"

Yugi started towards Bakura but heard a thump before he got there. The thump had been Bakura falling to the floor.

Bakura felt a long sleep ahead of him. He slowly and peacefully went unconscious and hit the floor hard. He knew this would be the end…

Yugi bent down to look at Bakura. 'Now!' Yami thought. He ran out from where he hid near the stairs and ran towards the kitchen.

Téa, who was still sitting on the living room floor, saw Yami run past the door. "Bakura?" she asked. "…Bakura?" Téa got up and slowly followed who she thought to be Bakura to the kitchen.

Yami snuck up behind Yugi, his knife in his hand. "Now I've got you…" he whispered.

Yugi heard the whisper and turned around. "…Bakura?" He looked at Bakura on the ground. "How…"

Yami thrust the metal blade into Yugi's gut. Yugi made a choking noise and looked at Yami. "You…aren't Bakura," he managed to say. Then, with a last bit of effort, he pulled the knife out of his stomach and used it to try to fend off Yami.

In Yugi's struggle, though, Yugi managed to make a serious cut in Yami's throat. Yami just fell to the floor with a thud, Yugi right on top of him after dropping the sharp, deadly knife.

Behind them Bakura became conscious. He was very disoriented and couldn't see right, but he felt the urgent need to find something sharp to finish himself off quick. The butter knife had been too painful and now Bakura was going to really look hard for a steak knife.

In his desperate struggle to find his suicide weapon of choice, Bakura tripped over Yugi's arm. Bakura looked down to gain his footing. He didn't notice Yugi and Yami on the floor but did notice the sharp knife. He picked it up.

Téa watched in horror as Yugi was stabbed by who she thought was Bakura. After Yugi slumped to the floor, she closed her eyes as tears welled up behind her eyelids and fell down her face. She turned around, not wanting to se any more.

She completely missed Yugi's attack on Yami.

Téa turned around, courage suddenly gripping her heart. She saw the real Bakura with the bloody knife and, because of her tears, didn't see the replica of him underneath Yugi. All she saw was Bakura with the knife.

The knife was inches away from Bakura's wrist when he heard Téa. "Bakura! How could you!?"

Bakura dropped the knife and gave her a look that only a man desperate for death could give. Téa ran over and grabbed the knife Bakura had dropped, putting it out in front of her in defense. "Don't make another move or I swear…"

Bakura just wanted the knife. Like a dog who only sees his bone he ran for the knife.

Téa saw this as an attack. She thrust her knife out farther, surprised as it met flesh. Bakura had run right into the knife. He gasped and fell to the floor, accepting death, but not in the way he expected.

Three new graves were in the graveyard under an apple tree. One said, "Yugi Muto-may your kind heart live on throuh death." The one next to it said, "Bakura Ryou-you accepted death as a reward." The third and final grave was blank, and if anyone dug up the coffin underneath the ground, they would find the body inside had mysteriously vanished.

Téa sat beneath the apple tree. She looked up at the pink blossoms and watched one drift down to land on her knee, a farewell to Téa from nature. She looked at the flower on her knee, then at the three gravestones, then finally at the small pocket knife in her hand as it slowly cut across her wrist.

Now there is a fourth gravestone under the apple tree. "Here lies Téa Gardner-may she find peace in death." And every summer the apple blossoms fall on the four graves, some floating down, some carried by the wind to a far-off place. One flew all the way to the park and landed in the pond Bakura had once tried to drown himself in. One floated to the Turtle Game Shop where the first three boys had died. And many softly glided to the bench where a girl once sat staring at the gravestones of her friends as she drifted silent as the blossoms into that peaceful sleep that is death.

~~~

Sakura: I warned you!! Very sad. Do not say I didn't warn you…
Yugi: You killed me!! How could you, you killed me!!
Yami: Actually, Yugi, I killed you.
Bakura: What about me? Téa killed me.
Téa: What do you mean, I killed you? You were suicidal from the start!
Bakura: Speak for yourself! You killed yourself too!
Sakura: Alright!! I get the point. You all died. But I have to thank somebody now-
Yugi: You're gonna thank somebody for this tragic piece of writing?
Sakura: Yeah!! I will! Duelist Luna, you helped me get the right idea and the right mood for this. Thanks a bunch.
Yugi: What!? That was lame! How about, ::clears throat, says in a very girly voice:: 'Duelist Luna, this is so sad and I want to thank you for making me kill Yugi…'
Sakura: Hey, I can't believe you just said that!
Yugi: Well I just did.
Sakura: I also give thanks for my aibou Brockiepoo15…
Yugi: 'Aibou'? Excuse me?
Sakura: ::ignoring Yugi:: Yup, so thanks you two and thanks to all you readers!!
Yugi: Hey, you said you were going to thank me!
Sakura: You were one of the characters! I thanked you by putting you in!
Yugi: But you killed me! What kinda thanks is that?
Sakura: As much thanks as you're gonna get, little figment of my imagination!
Yugi: ::mumbles to himself::
Sakura: Yup, this conversation was purposely made a day after I wrote the initial fic because I was too sad-
Yugi: ::interrupts:: You shoulda seen her, moping around the house…
Sakura: I made the conversation funny because I figured the fic was really sad and you readers might want some cheering up…
Téa: Cheer-leading! Go, shining friendship!
Sakura: No, no! Cheering up, not cheer-leading.
Téa: Oh. Okay…! ::runs off happy::
Yugi: I was not expecting that reaction.
Sakura: Yup. When a direct insult turns into direct praise you need to see a psychiatrist.
Yugi: Your 'Cheer Me Up' conversation is getting long…
Sakura: See, that's why he's here. He's not only a really cute figment of my imagination, but he's also a watch and tells me when I talk too much and-
Yugi: ::clears throat::
Sakura: Oh. Whoops! So, uh, thanks to Brockiepoo15 and Duelist Luna…
Yami: Duelist…? Did you say…duelist?
Sakura: Go away, I hate you. Yugi's Yami is so much cooler.
Yami: ::trudges away::
Sakura: So now that you've read my fic, please leave a review! I mean, you don't have too, but it would be nice…so, uh…yup, hope you liked it, arigatou and goodbye!