Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Days of Pain ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sakura: I did not create Yu-Gi-Oh.
Yugi: How could you come up with a cute character such as myself?
Sakura: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh either.
Yugi: But she wishes she does!
Sakura: Why is it you always pop up?
Yugi: I'm just too cute.
Sakura: ::hugs Yugi:: You're right about that!
Yugi: ::hugs Sakura back:: On with the fic!!
Sakura: Oh, yeah. Yami is Bakura's Yami. Yugi's Yami does not make an appearance in this fic. …I almost forgot…

"Speaking."
'Thoughts.'
/Bakura to Yami/
//Yami to Bakura//

~~Dark Days of Pain~~

~~~Chapter 2

"Téa? Téa?" The voice broke through the dark tranquility of Téa's unconscious mind. She stirred and started coughing up water. After a few minutes her lungs were about two thirds emptier than they had been and her eyes started to clear a little. She started to see blurry shapes and a few colors. She blinked, coughed, sneezed, coughed again, then blinked again. She felt vaguely warm and shivered.

"I think you're coming down with something. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you had," the voice said. The voice was very familiar and Téa opened her eyes wider, straining to see the short boy she knew would be in front of her. All she could really see was a blur of purple and yellow. Her eyes started to clear and the purple and yellow separated to become Yugi's eyes and bangs.

Then pain hit her. It went all through her body, a dull ache that she knew wouldn't go away anytime soon. She sneezed twice, only making it worse and making her nose stuffy. She shivered, which didn't help either.

She heard a moan behind her. She turned around, making her head hurt more, and saw Bakura. He looked worse than she did, she could bet. "Stupid m-m-mortal…" Bakura whispered while shivering.

'Wait, it must not have been Bakura; he would never say that. It must have been Bakura's Yami.' Téa thought in a moment.

Téa moved away from him in surprise, making the blanket she had on her fall to the floor. She didn't bet very far, though, because of her shivering. Bakura, the real Bakura, looked at her, and blinked twice. "Wh-wh-what?" he asked with chattering teeth.

"Get away from me!" Téa said.

Yugi looked at Téa, then at Bakura, then back at Téa again. "What?" he asked.

"Buh…" Téa started. "Buh…Bakura!!" She yelled, finally getting it out of her chattering teeth.

"What?" Bakura asked, trying to make out where he was. His eyes still weren't working right, but to him it looked an awful lot like Yugi's room.

'Yugi's room…'

"No!!" Bakura screamed, realizing that he had been taken to the one place he had tried so hard to stay away from.

//Your plan failed, mortal. If you ever try that again I will kill you.// Yami said.

That didn't make any sense to Bakura. If he committed suicide then Yami would kill him…? /I understand./

Bakura tried to get up and run for the door but failed horribly, only making it three inches away. He tried again, getting up onto his knees and falling back down again. He tried once more and managed to hobble out Yugi's door, only to fall down the stairs and knock himself unconscious.

Yugi looked at Téa. "What was that all about?"

Bakura woke up again sometime later, again in Yugi's room. He sighed. 'This is getting me nowhere.'

"You're absoloutely right."

Bakura turned looked at his Yami, who could have been his exact twin if one didn't know any better. "Won't you ever go away?"

"No, actually. I'm imprisoned, so even if you die, I'm still alive."

"How is it you're alive when you don't have a body?" Bakura asked. He was not interested, though. He already knew the answer to this question but didn't want Yami to know that he knew.

Yami sighed. "I know you know, stop lying." Yami looked at Bakura. "We will go on with my plans. First of all-"

Bakura blocked Yami out. He started to walk out of Yugi's room, feeling dizzy but blocking that out too. He was still cold, but nothing came close to the pond. He usually felt more pain than this, though, when Yami beat him. 'Yami can kick so hard…'

Bakura made it all the way down the stairs this time. He saw Yugi in the living room watching the TV with Téa, who had a blanket wrapped around her.

Bakura snuck into the kitchen. He silently dug through the drawers, looking for anything sharp he could find. He was disappointed when all he could find was a butter knife.

'Figures…' Bakura thought. He took the piece of silverware out of the drawer anyway and looked at it, thinking about the most efficient way to kill himself with a butter knife. 'The wrists would be good…'

He drew the knife once across his wrist, then again, then again, only managing to make small lines across his skin. Finally, after the twenty-ninth time, Bakura broke the skin, a droplet of dark red blood welling up on Bakura's white skin.

Bakura grinned recklessly. He would finally get away from Yami…