Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Within ❯ Can't Fool Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

-Abraham Lincoln

_____________________________________________________________

 

"Gone…" He let out a soft sigh of relief. He flung the ring aside. "He's gone… But not for long…" A drop of sweat ran down his forehead. He let himself fall onto his bed. Then he heard a quick rap against the door of his apartment room. He let himself lay on his bed for a while before he got up to answer the door. He walked slowly; the blood trickled down his hand and splattered onto the floor with a plap plap. He didn't seem to notice. He opened the door revealing one of his friends, Anzu Mazaki.

 

Chapter II- Can't Fool Me

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Room 801, she rapped quickly against the door. She stood silently, clutching her tan bag in both hands, waiting for Bakura to open the door. The door creaked open. I wonder why he took so long, she thought. Oh well, he's here.

"Hi, Bakura," she said, a big smile plastered on her face. "Do you want to join me and the others at the arcade?"

Bakura hesitated a while before he answered, "Um… I don't know…"

He hesitated, she told herself. Maybe there's something troubling him. Hmmm "Is something… Is something wrong, Bakura?" she asked tentatively. She gazed into his eyes. His eyes revealed that something was wrong, but his facial expressions did not. He's hiding his emotions, she told herself. Then her eyes fell upon his hand. The blood. "You're- You're bleeding!" She took her eyes off his hand and looked into his eyes; her own eyes filled with shock and disbelief. " Bakura!"

Surprised, Bakura looked at his hand, rose, red blood dripping from his hand. He continued to stare at his hand.

"Bakura…"

He looked up. "Oh! Oh yeah, I accidentally cut myself just now. I'm sorry if I gave you a little scare." He laughed politely.

She looked at him; studied him to make sure this was true. He looked surprised when I told him that his hand was cut. But why? She then asked with concern in her voice, "Does it hurt?"

"Not at all, it's fine. The cut's actually really shallow. It's nothing to worry about. Really."

Nothing to worry about… But his hand is bleeding! She looked at his hand; the blood streaming from his palm to the floor. "Well, that is a lot of blood because it's dripping onto the floor." She pointed to the puddles of blood forming on the area of floor under Bakura's hand.

"I didn't notice that." Embarrassed, he put his hand on the back of his head, and laughed. "Ha, ha, funny huh?" He smiled.

Such a cute smile. But… I've seen this before. In Battle City, he was hurt, and we told him that he shouldn't be dueling in the condition he was in. he laughed and said that his arm was fine. He said that he felt no pain, just like he just did. But it's different now; Malik isn't controlling him, and screening the pain. But how can he not feel any pain? Maybe the spirit of the ring has a part in this. He is stronger physically, so…

Bakura interrupted her thoughts. His hand was on Anzu's shoulder, "Anzu?"

"Oh! Bakura, I, uh, was…"

"I had to say your name at least twenty times until you snapped out of it," he laughed playfully.

"Really?"

"No, of course not, anyway, do you want to come in?" he asked, inviting Anzu in. "I have to wash the blood off my hand, so you can wait inside."

"So, you're telling me that you're going to join me and the others at the arcade, right?"

"I suppose so."

Anzu's brown eyes brightened, Perhaps there is nothing troubling Bakura.

 

END OF CHAPTER II

_____________________________________________________________

 

I hope that you've enjoyed the second chapter of this fan fic! If you have any comments, questions, or constructive criticism relating to Darkness Within, please e-mail me at azndrawergurl@yahoo.com.

 

 

 

 

 

Reviews:

 

"Well Xiaoqian, I've always loved an inside story. Especially an inside story to Yu-Gi-Oh!. I think that first chapter was very VERY good. Keep writing!"

 

"I LOVE your fiction so far I'm already  hooked!"

 

"Hey, I'm a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, and I saw your story, read it, and I think that it's great!"

 

_____________________________________________________________