Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Destined ❯ what is it about sam? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer I do not own ygo. Also there is some blood in this chapter; no gory details though but just thought I should warn ya.*
 
Chapter 3
What is it about Sam?
 
Yami and Samantha came to the sidewalk in front of their homes. Yami walked at a distance behind her all the way from the clearing in the trees. He had made to go to the game den but Samantha stopped him.
 
“Yami, I need to ask you not to tell anyone about Kristol… if news got out that a fire cat like her was soaring the skies of Japan… well you know those filthy scientists would have a field day.” Sam asked him hopefully.
 
“I wont.” Yami reassured her. Sam nodded in thanks and walked inside her home. Yami did the same.
 
As he walked in Yugi was at the foot of the stairs waiting for him.
 
“I woke up and you were gone, what's up?” Yugi asked.
 
“Uh…” Yami thought of this for a moment, he didn't want to tell Yugi that he had followed Samantha to the park and back. Then something clicked in his brain.
 
“I had this really weird dream and I needed to go for a walk.” Yami said half truthfully. Yugi raised an eyebrow. He new that Yami was hiding something, but he didn't press the matter further.
 
“Well I need to get to school, how about you tell me on the way?” Yugi insisted. Yami nodded. He returned to his soul room and told him of his dream, but he paused at when the little girl looked up at him.
 
“What? The girl looked up at you and what?” Yugi persisted. Yami shook his head
 
“I woke up. I don't remember there ever being a child in my past though.” He admitted. But he didn't say that she looked familiar to him.
 
“Yeah well, you don't remember much do you? Maybe this is just another memory.” Yugi said. But Yami remembered something that Sam had told him the night before. You have much to remember.' As true as that was with all of his dreams it seemed she knew something specific that he needed to remember.
 
During school that day, and for a few weeks after that, Samantha didn't associate with anyone. She even ignored Yugi. But Yami could understand that, Yugi didn't trust her so she wasn't going to talk to him; and Yami wasn't going to leave the puzzle during school unless Yugi ran into bullies, so talking to her was out of the question. But this reclusive nature of Samantha would turn unwelcome heads in her direction. Yami and Yugi could hear students and even teacher's talk about her with either disgust or nervousness.
 
“She seems to know weird things…”
 
“She's got a creepy vibe…”
 
“She's threatened me before in this weird language…”
 
“I've seen her talking to birds…”
 
Yugi heard all of this and mumbled his agreement to him self and Yami. Their friends didn't like her much either but just like Yami, they thought Yugi was overreacting and being uncharacteristically cynical.
 
“But you've all seen her! She's not normal! She's dangerous too, just today a kid tried to take this necklace of hers and she nearly broke his arm.” Yugi said. For the first time Yami felt angry towards Yugi, he didn't like him talking about Sam like this.
 
`Stop it Yugi.' He snarled through the puzzle `You wouldn't want someone taking the puzzle.'
 
Yugi was taken back by how Yami snapped at him.
 
`But, the puzzle is important. She's just got some necklace.' Yugi said.
 
`You wouldn't know. Maybe it's just as important.' Yami said remembering how his puzzle and her jewel glowed when they connected.
 
`How would you know Yami? Have you asked her?'
 
`I—no, never mind.' Yami ended the conversation. He didn't want to tell him what had happened that night. Yami knew that Samantha could be trusted, Yugi though, still didn't trust her at all, and Yami almost found this humorous but shunned to think of Yugis' reaction if he knew that Sam had a fire cat as a pet
 
The next day after that though, Sam wasn't at school. Yami felt a faint twinge of disappointment about this, and obviously Yugi didn't know why, but didn't bother. Yugi was glad the she wasn't there. It was a welcomed break from her mysterious persona. But that didn't mean Yugi give Yami a break from his pessimistic view of the girl.
 
`I bet she's at home scheming something and couldn't be here because of it.' Yugi mumbled just after the bell rang to go home. Yami rolled his eyes for the millionth time that day and for the first time that day said his idea of where she could be.
 
`You ever think of the idea that she might just be sick?' he sighed.
 
`I doubt it.' Yugi said.
 
Though Yugi continued annoying Yami with his ideas; Yami said nothing more. But as they neared the city park on their way they saw Samantha leaning against a tree with her arms around her waist.
 
`See! I told you if she's sick then why is she at a park?' Yugi said. Yami ignored him and examined her stance a little closer. From here he could tell that she was pale. Her eyes were glazed and tired, and she looked like she was about to pass out. Before Yugi had realized it, Yami had appeared out of the puzzle and ran to Samantha.
 
“Yami! What are you doing!?” Yugi said but Yami didn't listen so he reluctantly followed.
 
As Yami got closer to Samantha he noticed that bright red blood stained the grass below. Sam was straining to stay on her feet, Yami put his hands on her shoulders to keep her from falling but her legs gave way and she slipped to the ground.
 
“Sam!” he yelled. It wasn't till he looked at the tree trunk were blood was also present, how much blood she had lost. She had just enough energy to look up at him. Blue eyes stared wearily into red.
 
“Pharaoh…” she whispered before she passed out. It was like lightning had shot though Yami right then… the image of the little girl looking up at him and saying his title zipped through his memory.
 
“Pharaoh? How dose she know that? What's with the blood? Is she all right?” Yugi shot question after question. Yami turned to him.
 
“Yugi, I'll explain things later, just please shut up.” He said taking his uniform jacket off and wrapping it around Samantha's waist to stop the bleeding. He lifted her in his arms and carried her the rest of the way home. Yugi kept quite till they got into the living room of the game den.
 
“What are you going to do with her? Shouldn't we call a doctor?” he asked.
 
“No, go get the first aid kit.” Yami said putting her on the couch. Yugi nodded. Yami had the feeling that Sam wouldn't want to go to a hospital. And for some reason, he felt that this wasn't a normal injury…
 
Yugi returned with the first aid kit. And as they cleaned and wrapped Samantha's wounds Yami explained where he went and what he saw that night he followed Samantha. Yugi was shocked of course. But he didn't believe anything of Kristol. It was just what Sam did with the puzzle that he took into account. Yami even showed him her necklace.
 
“She can stay here on the couch tonight. We probably don't want to leave her alone in her house.” Yugi said. But Yami shook his head.
 
“She'd be more comfortable on a bed. We'll sleep down here till she wakes up.” Yami said lifting Sam into his arms again and carrying her to their room.
 
Yugi blinked. `He must really like her.' he thought. Yami never acted like this around any girl. He never seemed interested. Ever, Yugi knew that Tea` had liked Yami from the beginning, even though she didn't know it till later. But Yami felt for her as a friend and nothing else. What was it about Samantha that Yami liked so much anyways?
 
Yami woke up early the next morning and walked quietly up the stairs to check on Samantha. He was surprised to see that she was awake and sitting up, though she still looked dazed and a little pale. She looked up at Yami a little surprised.
 
“What…what am I doing here?” she asked wearily.
 
“We thought it would be safer to bring you here then to leave you at your house alone.” Yami said.
 
“How're you feeling?” Yami asked.
 
“Weak.”
 
“Well you did lose a lot of blood. You want something to eat?”
 
Samantha nodded, and Yami left the room. He came back a few minutes later with a bowl of cereal.
 
“So what happened?” he asked as he handed her the bowl. Sam ate some cereal before answering.
 
“My wounds opened back up.” She said casually.
 
“How, weren't they healed?” Yami asked. He had seen Kristol close the wounds him self how could they open? Sam nodded.
 
“Yes, but these aren't exactly normal wounds.” Sam said in a way that told Yami that the conversation was over. There was silence that followed for several minutes. Samantha lay back down after putting the cereal on the nightstand; turning on to her side to look out the window.
 
“I'll let you rest.” Yami said before leaving the room. When he reached the living room he saw Yugi looking sleepily at him.
 
“How is she?” He yawned.
 
“Well she's awake.” Yami said sitting on the recliner.
 
* hope you like it so far. ^_^ Please review.*