Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Comes a Knocking ❯ Destiny 4: Nut ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorceress-Hey sorry about that, I was going to update when I got a review, but I kept on changing my mind on what chapter should go first then I started making new ones in front of old ones and you know how it goes.

Bakura-Yeah and I presume you started making a new story as well.

WHACK

Sorceress-No I haven't thank you very much.

Anzu- Yeah, and I suppose that isn't what you always say to the reader? Hmm?

Sorceress- NO, I SO DO NOT!! Ugh, I'll just get on to the story so I don't have to kill one of the characters.

Chapter 4: Nut Goddess of Night and Dreams (Nut really isn't the goddess or dreams but she is of the night sky)

'I wonder if its even true that we can save the world or if it was just a fluke the first I don't know three times?' Yugi ponders sarcastically while lying on his back looking out the window looking like he did when he sent chills up Bakura and Ryou's spine.

"Yugi? Yugi?!" Yami exclaims, he was starting to get frustrated.

Yugi just now notices he was being talked to snaps out of it "Hmm? What is it Yami?" He sits up to look at him.

Yami sends a half worried glare "You just started daydreaming again when I was talking to you."

Yugi looks at him sheepishly "Uhh? You were talking??

Yami sighs "Yes, I was asking you who they are?" He points to a photograph with four people in it.

He looks at and smiles sadly and points to the little girl "She is my twin sister her name is Yoko," He points to the older looking lady in her early twenties ",and this is my mother Euiko."

Yami smiles too "They seem nice why haven't I met them before?"

He shakes his head "My Mom wanted to take Yoko and me on her trip, but I wanted to stay. Well I haven't seen them in like forever it was a couple years before I ever met Jyou and Honda or even solved the Sennium Puzzle for that matter."

Yami looks at him "And you said she was coming home in a couple of months?"

"Yeah I forgot I even told you that."

"You have been forgetting a lot of things lately." He shakes his head and sighs in exaggeration remembering the day before when two guys attacked him.

"Yeah, I know I've been distracted lately." Yugi lays down again on his bed.

"By those dreams I presume?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, wonderful isn't it?" Yugi comments dryly.

"Yugi I--" Yami didn't get to finish his sentence before Yugi got that spine chilling look and interrupted him 'Do I look like that?' He asks himself.

"I better get some rest Yami I haven't slept and ages and tonight will be no different." He turn off the light and closes his eyes.

"Alright Abiou, but promise me you will answer me in the morning?" He asks hopefully.

Yugi sighs "All right." and drifts off to sleep but before he hears a relieved 'thank you'.

-------------------------

--Dreamland--

Yugi looks every which way "What is this place? Where am I now? Can't I ever have any normal dreams?" He shakes his head sadly wishing he wasn't here alone "I don't even know what is a dream and what is reality any more?"

A young woman walks up to him the same age he is, with a Navy blue skirt and blouse on, with long midnight black hair, and silver eyes that sparkle just like the stars "Hello."

He takes a step back "Uhh? Hi. Where are we?" He looks around again.

She giggles "The dream world silly."

He looks skeptical "And you are?"

She bows "I am the goddess of the night and dreams, but you can call me Nut." She giggles again at his look "You asked for company." She states matter of factly.

He shakes his head "No I didn't." She gives him a 'Oh Yeah' look. "Okay you win, but not outside of my head."

She sits down on a wall where Yugi was sitting "What troubles you?"

Yugi looks down "I don't know, maybe who I really am?"

She looks thoughtful "That's a tough question."

He nods "Hai, and it's a question I can't answer."

"A lot people question who they are but you are an exception and a special case." She looks at him at the corner of her eye.

He looks up surprised "I am?"

"But let me ask you a question how did you solve the Sennium Puzzle?" She presses on.

He looks surprised and then answers "Come to think about it I don't know. It sort of came to me."

"Came which the Puzzle or how to solve it?" She asks with a smirk.

He looks up "Both, it chose me to be it's keeper."

"It's keeper?" she looks skeptical "Who was the one before you to have actually used it?"

"No one but the Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. Professor Hawkins said I was the reincarnation of the Pharaoh."

"Are you?"

"What do you mean by that?" He looks at her confused

"Well to me you are the Pharaoh just one side of his soul everyone has a good side and a bad."

"Do you think we are the same?" He asks with the sudden realization.

Nut shrugs "Could be or it could be just a apparition of your former self."

He looks at her and sighs knowing she really wants to know the answer to her first question "You really want to know what I'm thinking huh?"

She throws her hands up in the air "Yes, we finally came to the main point of the discussion."

His eyes look a little haunted and whispers in a quiet voice "I think it searched for me."

"To return it self to you." She finishes for him. He looks up to her startled and she smiles.

---------------------------------------

--Yugi's Bedroom--

Yugi wakes up to find out he fell on the floor with Yami looking down at him concerned "Yugi are you all right?"

Yugi sighs "I really need to do something. This is getting ridiculous

"Your telling me." He helps him up.

"What time is it?" He looks at him sleepily.

"Almost dawn."

He looks out and drops to the floor with a 'thud' "Huh? I could of sworn that it was only midnight."

"Well? Get off the floor and tell me about it?" He pulls him up again and sets him on his bed.

"It was really different from the others I can tell you that much." He yawns.

He pauses and asks quietly "Well? What about the other question?"

"My dad died in car accident when I was ten." says half asleep.

"I'm sorry." Yami looks down.

"It's all right." He stretches.

"You seem in a better mood today." Yami smiles at his Hikari.

He shrugs "Guess it was something Nut said."

"Nut?" He looks at him shocked.

"A girl from my dreams actually I think she was the goddess Nut." He gets up and gets dressed.

Yami sits on the bed "Now that really is interesting."

"Yeah, Yeah." says inside his closet.

Yami thinks for a moment and his features darken "Yugi?"

"Huh?" Yugi comes out.

"You know when we do find out what is causing this--," he trails off not looking him in the eye.

Yugi smiles "We will still be by each other side just like brothers should."

"Brothers?" Yami goes into shock.

Yugi tilts his head in confusion "What did you think you were? Just friends we are to close for that and I think we are or--,"

"Or?" He urges him on.

Yugi looks down "Nut said maybe we were--,"

"Were?"

"The same soul." He says quietly.

"That actually is something to consider." Yami says thoughtfully.

"She also made me realize that the puzzle didn't come to me to be it's keeper by accident it came to me because I think it returned it self to me, to us."

"You really think that way?" Yami asks Yugi shocked that he would think about it so deeply.

Yugi comes over and sits on his bed "Why not? With everything we've seen?"

Yami smiles and shakes his head while he yields "Yes, your right just like usual, Hikari."

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-Well what do you think? I'm going to write another chapter right after this because I'm trying to keep a reasonable amount of words.

Everyone-Yeah right

Sorceress-It's true

Yami-Well this is going to take forever

Yugi-Yep, well see ya all next time