Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Comes a Knocking ❯ Destiny 8: The Tests ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorceress-Welcome back the deadliest game in history I think

Anzu-Can you say--Nerd

Sorceress-My passion is Egypt if anyone is a nerd its you

Yugi-Got to agree with you there

Yami-Yes, but you didn't hear it from me

Jyou-Don't mind the arguing enjoy.

Chapter 8: The Tests

Kari point to Jyou "You will be my next challenge."

"Me?" He looks around surprised.

She smirks like Wadjet with her deadly game "Hai, you Jyou."

"What happens if he loses?" Kiaba comes up from behind.

"Wadjet will kill him along with the rest of you." She reply’s calmly.

He laughs nervously and turns back to him "Mutt, you better not lose."

Shadi looks at them all "It is not up to him to decide if he wins or loses."

"Wadjet is the protector of the Pharaoh’s treasures." Wadjet comes next to her and transfers a card in her hand and burrows under ground.

Honda looks around "But the Pharaoh is not here."

She laughs mockingly "Oh he is and Wadjet is wanting to know if you can protect him."

"Why does she need to know this?" Jyou asks skeptical.

"The Pharaoh is very important in this realm and he needs saving." She says closing her eyes reliving a horrible memory.

"Who is the Pharaoh?" Anzu asks getting even more confused by the minute.

"You didn't tell? Shame on you Shadi." She shakes her head smirking and laughing all the while.

"What do you mean by that?" Jyou asks while they look at him.

He looks down not meeting her eyes "You are not meant to know."

Kari smirks all the while she turns her head to Jyou 'You Jyou were the Pharaoh’s bodyguard in ancient times and now we want to see if you can still handle the job.'

"What do you mean?" He looks at her confused.

"What are you talking about Jyou?" Honda says backing away slowly.

"Yeah?" Anzu looks at him worried.

She smirks at their reaction even more then before 'I can hear your thoughts the Pharoah as we call him, and to us he still is the one who saved Egypt,' She looks at him and then the others 'You are not allowed to say anything you have been sworn to not to tell,'

Jyou nods "All right lets get the show on the road."

"There will be tests for each of you I am better known as Kar." She bows to them.

"I know her she’s really good with Duel Monsters." Anzu says remembering her old cheerleading friend.

She says drawing a card "All right we will draw three cards and see which attack points are higher 2 out of 3 wins."

"How does this determine anything?" Shadi finally speaks.

She turns towards him "It determines if the gods favor him." She smiles even brighter "Since you have three Egyptian God Cards you will put in one and I will put in my Egyptian Goddess Card Wadjet 4000/4000 just so there is no limits on the game."

Jyou turns back to the forgotten items "All right which one should I chose?"

"They're Yugi's so?" Honda looks them over.

"All right I chose--," He closes his eyes and mixes them up.

Anzu roles her eyes "Oh that’s original."

"(Tell me on the reviews if you want me to write a whole duel because I really don't feel like writing one in here the cards will help them so don't get confused there)

"'Oh please oh please be a good card," Jyou thinks nervously biting his lip while he puts the face down card in his deck and shuffling it.

She holds her card out for all to see "I draw the card Gemini Elf 1900/1800."

"I-I draw Flame Swordsman 1800/1600 !" Jyou looks on in relief.

She nods "Next I draw, Harpy's Brother 1800/600."

He draws and looks up surprised "I have the Time Wizard 500/400? Uhh?"

She frowns "You win this round." She growls to her-self 'I would of never guessed the Pharaoh would favor this mut, but does the gods?'

"Huh?" He looks up even more confused.

You can activate its special ability dimwit."

"Oh, I never knew that." He says while he draws again "Alright I draw the Red-eyes Black Dragon 2400/2000."

She smirks and draws "I draw Roc From The Valley Of Haze 2400/1400."

Anzu looks to each of them "So its a draw?"

"Now what?" Jyou says smirking.

"Sudden death." She smirks and draws "I play Wadjet 4000/4000."

"Nani?!" Every one shouts.

"To beat that he would have to draw one of the god cards." Shadi says looking over to him.

Jyou looks back at his friends and gulps 'I don't think I'll be able to beat that and it has to be the god card I picked what ever one that is it now or never' He sighs and draws "I draw...no way...The Winged Dragon of Ra."

"Nani?" Everyone shouts.

Kar shakes her head "The god Ra chose you to be his protector why? I don't know?"

"I have to agree with you there." Anzu says broadly.

"Hey!!" Jyou yells with a vein popping out of his forehead.

"But now I leave you." She bows again and takes a step back from the group and starts walking away.

"But what about leading us?" Anzu asks before she can get far.

Kar turns back to them and shakes her head "I was never meant to lead you but I will give you a guide Nisha?"

Anzu looks on getting grossed out "Wow, another snake."

"She will lead you to the Temple but there will be other tests for the rest of you not so easy." She turns and leaves in a gust of sand.

-----------------------------------------

--Sekhmet Temple--

Yami looks at Yugi sitting down looking out their cell window "What will we do?"

"Hope that no one will come after us." Yugi says looking over to his other half.

"No, I mean why didn't she use mind control on us?" Yami walks over and sits down next to his Hikari.

Yugi looks at him amused "Do you really want to know?"

Yami looks back at him and gets his point "I guess its better not to ask."

They stay silent for a few moment until Yugi speaks almost hesitant "So what do you think will become of us?"

"Die most likely." Yami says sadly.

Yugi glares at him "Your the most pessimistic person I've ever met Yami." He sighs and turns back to the window.

Yami smiles a sad smile "If not, and we live through this we will probably have to find a way to join souls."

"Why?" Yugi asks almost afraid if saying it would make it true.

"Yugi its the way it must be those dreams must be memories." Yami replies not looking at him.

Yugi puts his head down on his arms and practically whispers "I guess."

Yami looks at him noticing he made him even more depressed tries to cheer him up "As long as we are together does it really matter?"

Yugi looks at him pleadingly "But--,"

He doesn't get to finish his sentence before Yami finishes it for him "It's not the same."

"Hai,"

"Don't worry it will probably fade I hope," He looks at him and smiles 'I'm only guessing just leave it for now Abiou'

Yugi reluctantly nods his head "All right,"

Yami notices Yugi's eyes dropping "I'll keep watch and wake you if something comes up." He nods again and falls asleep on the ground.

----------------------------------------------

--Black Desert--

"Are we there yet?" Jyou asks getting tired while everyone groans.

Anzu stops and turns to glare at him "Jyou that’s the fifth time you asked us that in the last minute."

Jyou looks at her sheepishly "Sorry, it's just it was tiring."

"What drawing a card?" Honda asks even more annoyed then her.

"Lets go you don't want to be left in the sand for more then a few minutes." Shadi says pushing them ahead.

They look at each other and ask "Why?"

"It will sweep you up." He says matter of factly.

"Uhh, guys what’s that?" Honda asks squinting to look off in the distance and there it is the Temple and two something’s rather coming toward them.

Shadi looks at them to and ask "Ryou? Ishizu?"

"Its good to see you." Jyou says not realizing the danger "Are you ok?"

Ryou looks up at him with crimson eyes "Now you must die." He lunges for him missing by only a hair.

"What?" Honda dodges Ishizu's attacks.

"Watch out!" Anzu says looking at the two in trouble.

"Scatter!!" Shadi says as he blocks and moves away from them.

"Come on Ryou I don't want to do this." Honda says dodging another attack from him.

Ryou smirks just like a certain tomb robber "Oh really I like to see you try?"

"You asked for it." Honda pushes to the ground and pins him but in a last minute gesture is flung to the ground him self.

Anzu looks at it all and notices them trying to gang up on a certain someone "Jyou?!!"

Jyou looks at her and gets hit and slams into the ground "What?"

"Behind you!" Shadi says pointing.

"Huuuuh?" He turns around and notices two figures above him with swords raised, he closes his eyes waiting for the sword to come down and pierce his skin.

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-You are such a friendship bitch

Anzu-Whatch your mouth

Sorceress-You *WHACK*

Sorceress-I know cliffy but hey got to keep you on your toes.

Everyone-Right

Sorceress-Don't start everyone at school thinks I'm starting to become violent

Yami-Can't imagine why

Jyou-Indeed

Sorceress-Shut up