Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Laughter ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, Yugi-tachi would get to have magic too! I want to see Joey summon Flame Swordsman and barbecue his Dad. Sigh. But I don't. Sigh.

Um, I did see the episode recently but the details have faded. Sorry for any inaccuracy.

--…-- is a yami, -…- is a hikari.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA V

What the hell is Tea thinkin'?

Mai's going to kick her ass! It's gonna be brutal!

Gotta stay calm, don't panic…

Who'm I kiddin'?! Yugi's never gonna get into the castle now! What are we gonna do about Gramps?! There's no way I can take Pegasus down, I only got this far `cause of Yug' backin' me!

How'm I gonna help my sister without him!

Come on, cheer for Tea, she cheered for me when I was facin' Mai and I pulled through, I gotta do the same for her…

She kicks my ass a lot, right?

But she didn't get Gramps' trainin'. An' Yug's in no shape to help her.

Whoo, Wobaku! Good move Tea!

Very funny, Tristan. Ha ha. I'm gonna pound you…

Wrong time.

Tea…whoa. You're doing all this for Yug'? That's so like you.

Whoa. Yay Tea! Knew you could do it!

Yug's takin' the star chips?

Thank god. Our Yug is back. The Yug I know. An' goin' by the eyes, it is our Yug'.

Go Tea!

Yeesh, I sound like a cheerleader for cryin' out loud.

Last one to the castle's a rotten egg!

Ha ha ha!

VAVAVAVAV

I guess…Yugi's decided to trust him.

He was so worried before, about dueling again, so adamant about it.

I think Tea gave him courage. She always could cheer me up. Or he listened to Mai. I don't agree with everything she said. The bit about crushing people who get in your way.

But you do need to stand up to things. That's what Joey and I were trying to do, get Yugi to be a man.

But he's a better man than either of us.

Going through all this to rescue his Grandpa…

He's tough. He may not have been in a gang, but that's just smarts.

I hope he wins. I mean, I believe in him and all, but Pegasus created this game. And he beat Yugi before when he took his Grandpa.

And he's got magic too, according to Ryou's creepy Ring. Yugi said it was like Pegasus was reading his mind. And what Kaiba said about how Pegasus beat Bandit Keith like that…

Creepy.

I mean, I think the other Yugi is okay, he did bring me back to life so I owe him, but Pegasus is a soul-stealing freak and the other Ryou is just psycho. Very psycho.

All this magic stuff: I hope Yugi can handle it.

Because he's the only one with powers who's on our side. Pegasus and the other spirit are both after him, and I get the feeling they're not the kind of people who leave witnesses.

That's so selfish. But if Yugi fails, there's no way I can rescue him.

All I can do is trust in him and the other Yugi. Nothing I do'll make any difference.

I hate this. My friend shouldn't have to face this alone. We should be able to be there for him.

I'll do my best to support him, but I'm worried.

My best might not be good enough.

Heh.

VAVAVAVAV

He took the star chips!?!?!

What are you thinking, Yugi!?

You can't trust him!

What did he tell you to get you to forgive him? What lies did he whisper in your mind's ear?

You can't trust them. They'll betray you. Damn demons. You should have stayed dead!

Hsss…

You'll punish me more if I let them see I was hurt just now. So I'll stay silent.

Dear God, how much longer?

Yugi should be fine soon. He'll lose to Pegasus and he'll take the puzzle. He'll either kill you or imprision you, but that'll be better than this.

My demon is planning on facing Pegasus as well. Fat chance he'll lose, but maybe he'll decide Pegasus would be a better host? I mean, he does own a company. The demon is greedy, and the resources would be useful in tracking down the rest of the Items, wouldn't they?

--Don't get your hopes up, yadonushi.-

Damn, isn't there any privacy even in my own head?

Not for me. Not as long as he's here.

Is it like this for you, Yugi? I heard you through the demon in that duel.

A voice in your head? One you mistook for yourself? That's all he's been to you? You lucky bastard.

Where are your parents? Did he kill them? At least you've gotten to stay with your Grandfather instead of being all alone…

Damn you.

Who?

I'm laughing. Isn't laughter the body's defense against fear?

No wonder I laugh so much.

VAVAVAVAV

Khu khu khu…

So, he'll duel again?

Interesting.

What did you tell him, what did you promise?

Tell me, oh great one.

What do you do to win the loyalty of your toy?

It'd be good to have Ryou's cooperation.

Alas, it is not to be. Oh well.

Tonight, I'll work on his memory. But I won't have to quit torturing him, oh no. He just won't have any idea what it'll be about.

My amusement, yadonushi. What else? And then I'll erase your memory of that.

Take Pegasus's body?

Like you'd be so lucky.

Should I tell you what I plan?

-No!-

What a good idea!

I think I'll strip your memories slowly. And save the most painful for last. Hear me, yadonushi? Your resistance is at an end.

Pity that. It's been fun!

But I don't tolerate obstacles that get in my way.

You won't remember that.

Khu khu khu…

VAVAVAVAV

Hah!

I was right, this is almost as fun as Funny Bunny!

Oh, the drama! The hijinks! The fools in my web!

Everyone's relieved Yugi-boy's recovered: the spirit is so glad it's pathetic. Yugi still hates his greatest defender, the one who cares for him most!

You're such a bad boy, Yugi-boy!

Hurting him so! You don't deserve him! I've told you that before, haven't I? Yes I have! And you didn't listen? What a bad boy you are!

Thank you for sending Kaiba-boy to me! We're going to have such fun, aren't we Kaiba boy?

I can't wait to reunite you with your brother! The look on your face will be priceless, priceless, priceless.

Ha ha!

What a wonderful day!

And tomorrow the Millennium Puzzle will be mine!

Ha ha ha!

Ha ha!

And I get to play with you too, poor Bandit Keith. Such, such fun.

I can't wait to tell you all about it, Cynthia.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Um, not much to say. Responses in next chapter.

Um, thanks for Reviewing again, Silvershadowfire! Liked the crazy!Yami speech? Thanks!